PDA

View Full Version : Lexx

Serpentine
2006-10-28, 11:40 PM
Has anyone other than me heard of it?

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-29, 12:03 AM
Has anyone other than me heard of it?

Is he the bad guy in Superman? If not, no.

Serpentine
2006-10-29, 12:10 AM
Aw, no. I'll give you a hint: It's a gigantic living spaceship that looks like a wingless dragonfly and is manned by a whiney little fink, a sex-bot, a vampire undead-slayer, and a crazy robot head. It was on late at night on the SciFi channel.

Roland St. Jude
2006-10-29, 12:31 AM
Yes, I have.

The Demented One
2006-10-29, 12:41 AM
Seen one episode of it. There were these planty things and a vampire, and that's all I remember.

JadedDM
2006-10-29, 01:42 AM
I remember it. It's been awhile, but I remember it being amusing, if not very strange.

Poison_Fish
2006-10-29, 03:31 AM
I remember it, and with usual sentiment, it was pretty strange.

Used to watch it back when Sci-fi was doing Farscape.

Beleriphon
2006-10-29, 03:48 AM
I remember it, and with usual sentiment, it was pretty strange.

Used to watch it back when Sci-fi was doing Farscape.

I remember the miniseries that was the pilot, when if first came on. Geez, is that a weird show. Stupid Stanley.

The Prince of Cats
2006-10-29, 09:22 AM
I liked it, almost auditioned for a small part in it but my agent couldn't use a calender and I missed the audition by a week.

WampaX
2006-10-29, 09:31 AM
They did do alot for what they had.
I think they tried to get too ambitious as the series wore on . . . especially with the fact that they really didn't change the crew of the Lexx almost at all.

And season 4 really was pretty disappointing (the season they were off the Lexx and bouncing between the two planets). So much potential there, Faaar two much padding in each episode.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-10-29, 09:55 AM
This does seem like a interesting show, did it ever air in Australia?

Then again if it is old, and looking at the content, I may have been to much of a young un' to watch it back then...

Roland St. Jude
2006-10-29, 01:51 PM
I remember liking this, although I wondered how a show seemingly centered around sexual innuendo made it on to US TV. I thought it was funny, almost a parody of the sci-fi genre, and the characters were odd, but interesting. The production values seemed to hover somewhere between professional and amateur (or maybe just high budget and low budget). That it managed to survive 4 seasons says something good about it, given the state of modern sci-fi tv.

Like nearly everything else, it's available on DVD now.

the_tick_rules
2006-10-29, 10:16 PM
i totally loved this series.

Serpentine
2006-10-30, 02:23 AM
So far as I know, it only made it to Australian TV via pay TV. I don't think it's particularly old, but then the last time I saw it was about 4-5 years ago. Now that I think of it, I only ever saw maybe half a dozen episodes, and I don't think they once got away from Earth in that time. Except... the undead guy (damnable memoryless mind!) who was on some other planet playing chess with the Big Bad Evil Guy.

Democratus
2006-10-31, 08:00 AM
First episode I ever saw was "Brigadoom" - the musical episode.

What an introduction! :)

bosssmiley
2006-10-31, 08:48 AM
Weird-*ss Canadian sci-fi wasn't it? The plotting was weak and the pacing too slow for my tastes (they spent 1/2 a series working through plots that should have been done in one episode), but it had one of the coolest villains ever: His Divine Shadow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Divine_Shadow)! :smallsmile:

Hungerdog
2006-10-31, 02:36 PM
I remember it well...

A strange, sexy and interesting show. I watched all four seasons.

I wish they would run it again...

Greebo
2006-10-31, 03:10 PM
Ye oh way oh
Hum varee
Ye oh way rah
Varum, Brunen G
Ye oh way rah
Varum, Brunen G!

Very odd show, but very enjoyable. But yah, the Fire and Water season was wierd - but even worse was the "Earth" season. I haven't had the stomach to sit through all of those yet and I have the other seasons in my library.

Still, it ENDED well! :)

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-31, 03:50 PM
I only ever saw one episode, the one with the carrot shaped parasites that control people by flying up their asses.

Gamebird
2006-11-06, 04:05 PM
I saw about a dozen episodes. I liked it - as in, I'd like to watch more episodes. But that's about it. I didn't like it enough to actually take the time to watch it, or go out of my way to watch it. It's sort of like my desire to see the fullness of Blake's 7 or Red Dwarf.

Nostrabel
2006-11-07, 09:36 AM
I saw a few episodes, and thought it was cool (weird, but cool). After a while, it turned boring for me because every episode had an exploding planet in the end.

Dark Knight Renee
2006-11-08, 05:57 PM
I used to watch it a it. Half the episodes weren't really worth watching, but there were some good ones in there (I recal an episode involving Vlad and vampires). I never got to see the earlier seasons except for part of one episode. Mostly, though, I liked the four 'pilot' movies.