PDA

View Full Version : Erudite Abuse Questions

roguemetal
2012-12-04, 01:43 PM
Three things I ran into while building an Erudite, and I need clarification.

1) It looks like I could abuse Metaconcert to have my Psicrystal manifest for me without expending Unique Powers. This would work IF Psicrystals were psionic, but they're not, at least without the Wild Talent feat. However, I don't see anything about PsiCrystal progression, or how I could progress the level of my psicrystal. It is a monster and construct, so I know I can, but I don't know how exactly feats might work. If this works it would be awesome to use any spell/manifest for 20 minutes at a time.

2) Regaining PP!?!? If I'm an Azurin Erudite with the feats Midnight Augmentation, Linked Power (Bestow Power + Synchronicity) and Metapower affecting Linked Power, and invest my one essentia in the Linked Power, then it looks like I gain 1 more PP than I lose by manifesting each time I expend my focus. I like the look of Synchronicity for this purpose, especially if it can effect my psicrystal too, but really anything could work.

3) The most basic of these... as an Stp Erudite could you manifest Arcane Fusion and keep picking different spells? The Erudite specifically states something against re-preparing spells and such, and I'm not sure if once manifested Arcane Fusion can choose different spells a second time.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Necroticplague
2012-12-04, 02:54 PM
1. Looking at the SRD for psicrystal. it has the same amount of HD as you have, so it would gain feats as such.

2.Yes, that does work, and is actually a more rescource-intensive way to do so. Simply using Fission+Affinity field+Bestow Power with a Torc of Power Preservation would also do the trick once you reform (you would break even, but your clone would gain 2 each time, earning you once you fuse back together). You might not even need the Torc (you would lose 3 from manifesting, but gain 4 [2 for you, 2 in clone], producing a net+result).

3.Yes, indeed you could, making arcane fusion (and its variants) very handy for an STP erudite. It's just like how shadow [evocation/conjuration]/Shades (and other similar spells) are excellent uses of spells known, because you can get different spells out of one slot (fyi, this also makes those good for an stp erudite as well).

Spuddles
2012-12-04, 03:17 PM
Sharing Mental Pinnacle along with schism and synchronicity is a great way to break the action economy.

Dweomer of Transference is a much faster way to get unlimited power points. Just need a spell or feature that gives you an at will SLA.

Psy reform can repick your psi crystal's feats. Feet leech can get those feats to you. Note that because of your crystal's type, you have to manifest psy reform on yourself and share it with the crystal.

Psyren
2012-12-04, 03:48 PM
First off, check KA's psionic tricks handbook in my sig for many more tricks like these.

1) Yes, Metaconcert will bypass your UPD limitations (the entity manifests the powers, not you, and it knows every power you know.) Be advised that there are some drawbacks, and to do it with your psicrystal you will need to make it psionic first (e.g. Wild/Hidden Talent.)

2) Yes, and there are other ways to abuse this e.g. Earth Power and a Torc.

3) Yes, Arcane Fusion will bypass your UPD as well. It says that both spells "take effect," not that you cast/manifest them.