PDA

View Full Version : Argh I cant get it right. ToB[3.5]

Ketiara
2012-12-04, 02:57 PM
Ok so Im a lvl 8 crusader/1 warblade. And up untill now Ive been allowed to pick and repick maneuvres to try out stuff, and to fit into an everchanging groupe of ppl. But now I gotta get it right finally, but I cant get my head around it.
So if anyone can help me pick appropriate maneuvres, as they are supposed to be picked, so that im not cheating by having too many high initiator lvl maneuvres.

So my char is setup like this:
Weapon: glaive, im getting an animated shield.
Feats: standstill, combat expertise, editcombat reflexes Stand Still, Stone Power, Extra Granted maneuvre. I cant decide on my 9th lvl feat, so ideas is very welcome!

Level progression: Crusader8/warblade1/crusader2/warblade1/Crusader2/Warblade1/Crusader2 ... etc.

The maneuvres I really want here at level 9 is:
White Raven Tactics, Divine Surge, Revitalizing Strike, but after that im really open. A level 9 maneuvre I really want is Strike of righteous vitality.
As for the warblade maneuvres Im dipping for im only really sure that Moment of Perfect Mind and Lightning Recovery will be in my inventory (ive maxed consentration)

I just really need the help to swich out the lower initiator level maneuvres for the higher ones, and help on what maneuvres to save in order to get the maneuvres I want later on.

The groupe as it is: Me, a twf rogue, a barbaian a ranger a cleric and a sorc.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Morbis Meh
2012-12-04, 03:21 PM
9th level feat: Improved Trip (done and done) You almost have a lock down build going on so might as well through that in and pick up a guisarme for tripping... as for maneuvers for Warblade I suggest more defensive ones: Wall of Blades, Iron heart Surge etc etc.

eggs
2012-12-04, 03:31 PM
The maneuvres I really want here at level 9 is:
White Raven Tactics, Divine Surge, Revitalizing Strike, but after that im really open. A level 9 maneuvre I really want is Strike of righteous vitality.
As for the warblade maneuvres Im dipping for im only really sure that Moment of Perfect Mind and Lightning Recovery will be in my inventory (ive maxed consentration)
These make me think you still don't have maneuver progression right.

Remember that your initiator level in a Class is [Level in that class] + [Level in other classes]/2, and that you can only learn maneuvers from a class whose levels are ([Initiator level in that class]+1)/2 or lower.

So at level 9, you should only have up to 4th level Crusader maneuvers, and up to 3rd level Warblade maneuvers.

Ketiara
2012-12-04, 03:53 PM
These make me think you still don't have maneuver progression right.

Remember that your initiator level in a Class is [Level in that class] + [Level in other classes]/2, and that you can only learn maneuvers from a class whose levels are ([Initiator level in that class]+1)/2 or lower.

So at level 9, you should only have up to 4th level Crusader maneuvers, and up to 3rd level Warblade maneuvers.

Yea I can see how that can be misinterpretated. English isn't my native language.
I mean in the future I'll be wanting those two maneuvres.

Ketiara
2012-12-05, 12:37 PM
9th level feat: Improved Trip (done and done) You almost have a lock down build going on so might as well through that in and pick up a guisarme for tripping... as for maneuvers for Warblade I suggest more defensive ones: Wall of Blades, Iron heart Surge etc etc.

I dont have the int for imp trip

Aegis013
2012-12-05, 12:43 PM
I dont have the int for imp trip

Then how do you have the int for Combat Expertise? Both require 13 int.

Ketiara
2012-12-05, 02:50 PM

Then how do you have the int for Combat Expertise? Both require 13 int.

Yes sorry, I ment combat reflexes. I've corrected it in op.

Aegis013
2012-12-05, 09:26 PM
In that case, I would consider these feats: Ironheart Aura (prerequisite), Stormguard Warrior, and Robilar's gambit. The first two from ToB and the last from Player's Handbook II.

Ketiara
2012-12-06, 04:28 PM
Yea that sound like solid choices... So what maneuvres is possible for me to have at this stage? This is actually what im having most problems getting right... What to swap out and what to get, i really like rivatilizing strike divine surge and white raven tactic ofc. But what maneuvres should I have at lvl9 because I think I might have more higher initiator lvl maneuvres than im allowed.

Aegis013
2012-12-06, 08:19 PM
At 9th level, you're a Crusader 8/Warblade 1.
This means that you should have eight Crusader maneuvers, three Crusader stances, three Warblade maneuvers, and one Warblade stance.
Initiator level of each class is 8.5 for Crusader (8 Crusader levels +[1 other levels/2]), and 5 for Warblade (1 Warblade level+[8 other levels/2]).

So your maneuver progression would break down as such:
1. First level, you get one 1st level stance (likely either Martial Spirit or Iron Guard's Glare, depending on your preference) and five first level maneuvers known.

2. Second level, you get an additional 1st level stance (probably whatever you didn't take from the previous two options, Stone Dragon stances are usually pretty mediocre outside of corner cases).

3. You get a second level maneuver.

4. You can trade a first level maneuver out for a second level maneuver.

5. You get a third level maneuver.

6. You can trade a first or second level maneuver out for a third level maneuver.

7. You get a fourth level maneuver.

8. You can trade out a lower level maneuver for a fourth level maneuver, and you get a stance of up to fourth level.

9. You get a stance (depending on your DM's interpretation of the clause "You begin play with knowledge of one first level stance" under the Stances heading, you may be stuck picking from first level stances only. That's ok though, Punishing Stance is really good. You also get to pick three maneuvers of up to third level.

In total, you should have something like this:
Crusader
two first level stances
one fourth level stance or lower
two fourth level maneuvers (or lower)
two third level maneuvers (or lower)
two second level maneuvers (or lower)
two first level maneuvers.

Warblade
one first level stance (if your DM allows, maybe one stance of up to third level)
three maneuvers of up to third level.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Edit: If you're actually looking for maneuver suggestions, I propose the following:

Crusader
Stances: Iron Guard's Glare, Martial Spirit, Thicket of Blades
Maneuvers:
1st level - Douse the Flames, Stone Bones
2nd level - FoeHammer, Mountain Hammer
3rd level - Revitalizing Strike, White Raven Tactics
4th level - Divine Surge, Bonesplitting Strike

Warblade
Stances: Punishing Stance
Maneuvers
3rd level - Iron Heart Surge
2nd level - Wall of Blades
1st level - Moment of Perfect Mind

Ketiara
2012-12-07, 01:02 AM
thanks a lot man this is just what I was looking for, and it turned out I've been cheating with one 3rd level too many