PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Claw Avatar [PRC, 3.5, ToB]

BelGareth
2012-12-05, 06:42 AM
Tiger Claw Avatar

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Feat: Tiger Blooded
Skills: Jump 9 ranks
Special: Shapeshift special ability (Druid ACF, PHBII pg39)

Class skills (4 + Int Modifier per level): Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), and Survival(Wis).

Alignment: Any Neutral

Hit Dice: d10

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Man Known|Man Readied|Stances known|Special
1st | +1 | +1 | +0 | +1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | Claws of the tiger
2nd | +2 | +1 | +1 | +1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | Ferocious Slayer Form
3rd | +3 | +2 | +1 | +2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | Crouching Tiger (pounce)
4th | +4 | +2 | +1 | +2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | Feline Grace
5th | +5 | +3 | +2 | +3 | 0 | 0 | 1 | Tiger Claw Focus (Weapon focus)
6th | +6 | +3 | +2 | +3 | 1 | 1 | 0 | Raging Tiger Form
7th | +7 | +4 | +2 | +4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | Crouching Tiger (rake)
8th | +8 | +4 | +3 | +4 | 1 | 0 | 0 | Tiger Blood
9th | +9 | +5 | +3 | +5 | 0 | 1 | 0 | Tiger Claw Focus (insightful strike)
10th| +10 | +5 | +3 | +5 | 1 | 0 | 0 | Tiger Claw Avatar Form
[/table]

Proficiencies: Tiger Claw Avatars gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Maneuvers: At each even-numbered level, you gain a new maneuver known from the Tiger Claw discipline. You must meet a maneuver’s prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Tiger Claw Avatar levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.

At 3rd level, 6th level, and 9th level, you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Tiger Claw discipline. You must meet a stance’s prerequisite to learn it.

Claws of the tiger (Ex): All natural weapons you gain when using the shapeshift special ability count as tiger claw weapons. In addition your levels in Tiger Claw Avatar stack with your druid levels to determine the enhancement bonus your natural attacks receive.

Ferocious Slayer Form (Su): At 2nd level, you can shapeshift into a large and fierce predatory form, such as a tiger, or panther. While in ferocious slayer form, you gain a primary bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage and two secondary claw attacks that each deal 1d6 points of damage. Your size increases by one category (to a maximum of Colossal), and you have the reach of a long creature of your size (5 feet for Medium or Large). You gain a +8 enhancement bonus to Strength, +4 enhancement bonus on Fortitude saves, and your natural armor bonus improves by 8. Your base land speed changes to 60 feet.

At 4th level, you gain Improved Critical (bite) and Improved Critical (claw) as bonus feats whenever you are in ferocious slayer form.

Crouching Tiger (Su): At 3rd level, you learn how to channel the energy from one of your stances in a new way. While you are in a stance from Tiger Claw discipline, you can forgo its normal benefit as a swift action to gain the effect of crouching tiger stance. This ability lasts as long as you would maintain the stance, or as described below. You can also stop using crouching stance and resume gaining the normal benefit of the stance as a swift action.

While you use this ability, you gain the pounce special ability, allowing you to full attack at the end of a charge attack.

At 7th level this improves, you gain two rake attacks that deal the same amount of damage as your claw attacks.

Feline Grace (Ex): The tiger claw avatars constant shifting into large predator cats has granted him a permanent benefit, allowing you to jump much farther than normal. You gain an enhancement bonus to Jump checks equal to your level.

Tiger Claw Focus (Ex): At 5th level, you gain the benefit of the Weapon Focus feat for weapons associated with the Tiger Claw discipline.

At 9th level, you can add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus on damage rolls whenever you execute a strike from the tiger claw discipline.

Raging Tiger Form (Su): At 6th level, you can shapeshift into a stronger and larger predatory form, such as a Dire tiger, or Lion. While in the raging tiger form, you gain a primary bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage and two secondary claw attacks that each deal 1d6 points of damage. Your size increases by one category (to a maximum of Colossal), and you have the reach of a long creature of your size (5 feet for Medium or Large). You gain a +12 enhancement bonus to Strength, +4 enhancement bonus on Fortitude & Will saves, and your natural armor bonus improves by 12. Your base land speed changes to 50 feet.

At 9th level, you gain Improved Natural attack (bite) and cleave as bonus feats whenever you are in Raging Tiger Form.

Tiger Blood (Ex): Your ability to push and knock back lesser foes has increased, starting at 8th level, when using the tiger blooded feat you push creatures back and additional +5 ft for every 5 points of Str Modifier you have.

Tiger Claw Avatar Form (Su):At 10th level, you can shapeshift into the strongest Tiger Claw form, the Tiger Claw Avatar. While in the tiger claw avatar form, you gain a primary bite attack that deals 2d6 points of damage and four secondary claw attacks that each deal 1d8 points of damage. Your size increases by two category's (to a maximum of Colossal), and you have the reach of a tall creature of your size (10 feet for Large or 15 feet for Huge). You gain a +16 enhancement bonus to Strength, +4 enhancement bonus on Fortitude, Will & Ref saves, and your natural armor bonus improves by 16. Your base land speed changes to 40 feet.

~~~

Notes

I am open to a better name

My intent here was to merge the obvious and classic combo of actually using natural attacks with the Tiger claw discipline. I realize the shapeshift ACF is somewhat vague, but I think it's awesome and wanted to make a PRC to merge the two classes abilities.

Ultimately this is for a country in my homebrew campaign, but I would love to hear your PEACH's/PEAR's.

I was thinking about making the bonus feats while in form apply to all forms....not sure though, that's a lot of free feats.

danzibr
2012-12-05, 05:34 PM
I'll have to give it a more thorough look when I have time (proctoring a final), but I like the flavor for sure. Dunno about the balance. The capstone reminds me of that panther thing in Avatar for some reason.

It helps I love both shapechanging druids and ToB stuff. :P

Avalon®
2012-12-06, 05:35 AM
No Eye of the Tiger? :smalltongue:

BelGareth
2012-12-06, 05:55 AM
I'll have to give it a more thorough look when I have time (proctoring a final), but I like the flavor for sure. Dunno about the balance. The capstone reminds me of that panther thing in Avatar for some reason.

It helps I love both shapechanging druids and ToB stuff. :P

Yeah, the balance of it is interesting, I tried to follow the power curve for the shapchange and then coincide that with the spell loss/maneuver gain...so yeah...

No Eye of the Tiger? :smalltongue:
Thats a great idea....ooooh...

Avalon®
2012-12-07, 08:48 AM
This reminds me of a character named Gruntle from the Malazan Book of the Fallen series.

Gruntle's the Mortal Sword (http://malazan.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Sword) of Trake, the Tiger of Summer. He more or less gains all the abilities here plus making a giant tiger out of himself plus his followers.

Here's a pic:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u246/InnerParadox/malazan/memories_of_ice_det02.jpg

Eldan
2012-12-07, 08:54 AM
Eye of the Tiger. Hmm. Some kind of intimidate ability? Something like the Barbarian's Intimidating rage, when you shift into your tiger form?

Avalon®
2012-12-07, 09:10 AM
Maybe something like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHk4vu8xEQc)? :smallbiggrin: