PDA

View Full Version : CotCT: Edge of Anarchy Game 1 IC

Thattaman
2012-12-05, 02:40 PM
You have all been wronged by the master criminal Gaedran Lamm. Whether he tortured you as a child or otherwise, something bad happened to you and he is to blame. It seems like a normal day, but as you wake you see a strange card near your belongings.

Belka:
As you reach for your symbol of Iomedae, you see the harrow card 'The Empty Throne' lying on top of it. On the other side it reads, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Eon:
As you reach for your earth breaker you find the harrow card, 'The Bear' on top of it. On the other side it reads ""I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Kerwyn:
Inside your set of theives tools you find the harrow card 'The Rabbit Prince'. On the other side it reads, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Noman:
As you look at your bow, on top of it is the card 'The Winged Serpent'. On the other side it reads, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Lilian:
Inside you belt pouch you find the harrow card 'The Courtesean'. On the other side it reads, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

Ragnar:
Inside you Pathfinder's kit, tou find the harrow card 'The Carnival'. On the othre side it reads, "I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-05, 03:17 PM
Noman

It was the fifth day since the man introducing himself as Noman had come in Korvosa. Old haunts, once the site of pleasure and opulence, now seemed the decadent dens of filth they really were. Every street a scar in his memory.

But that was in the past. Noman had come to bury his last life and make good, the only way he could, his many past sins. He had come for revenge. But so far, nothing. Lamm was a ghost, hidden in the cracks of the big city like the rat he was. Noman was a patient man (or had become one), but his money was getting low. Bribes had gotten him nowhere. Last night he stayed up late in his small dark room, smoking one bitter cigar after another deep into the night, thinking his options. They were precious few. "Well, tomorrow I will start again. I haven't yet been to the docks. Perhaps I will find something there"

Waking up, and after his morning exercise, he reached, as always for his precious bow. He was more than surprised to find the card there. He started looking for signs of entrance, but he found none. At loss, the only thing left was to go to the meeting. His belongings were very very few, so he could take them with him. Well before sunset, he was on his way.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-05, 08:43 PM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn flicked at the corner of the harrow card with his thumbnail, frowned, then turned gingerly it over in his palms.

Well, well. This was interesting. And what was nearly as interesting as the idea of there finally being a way to revenge himself on Gaedren was the question of how someone had managed to sneak a message right inside his tool set. While he was sleeping too, no less. That couldn't be good. If Kerwyn wasn't sharp enough to realise when someone else was padding about his room at night, then he wasn't sharp enough to be the master thief he liked to style himself as. And that just wouldn't do, would it?

Kerwyn yawned and stretched cat-like, ignoring the late afternoon sun streaming in through the window. That part about 'others like you' was intriguing too. He knew, of course, that Gaedren had pissed off most of Korvosa in one way or another over the years, but to meet others like him? A 'Little Lamm' survivor? Maybe he'd even find that girl who got him into trouble all those years ago. Whatsherface. The weird one who didn't know how to steal properly.

That'd be pretty neat. Neat enough to take the risk that the card wasn't just someone's petty idea to get him into trouble with the Korvosan Guard. He would go to this meeting then. Just to have a peek. He could always leave if things got sticky.

Within a few scant minutes, Kerwyn had packed his belongings. He left enough coin on the table to settle with the landlord, and was soon climbing out of the window and into the inn's back alley. It wasn't that thieves didn't know how to take the stairs. But there were still a few hours to go before sunset, and if he had the time to practice, then why not?

Desril
2012-12-05, 11:16 PM
Lilian

It was the third day staying at the inn, Lilian had managed to pay for her stay by performing magic shows in a nearby tavern, but was getting anxious to move before she attracted too much attention. She'd tried to gather information about Gaedren from the seedier looking patrons, but had yet to obtain anything helpful, even charming them with magic failed to provide a solid piece of information she didn't already know.

Figuring it was time to try another part of town, she returned to the inn and as she reached for a few coins from her pouch to pay off her room, she found something that didn't belong, a harrowing card with a note. After looking around and failing to see anyone who could've planted it, she retreated back to her room to look over the card and note in private.

After studying the card for a few minutes and checking to make sure what money she had left was undisturbed, she came to a decision, telling herself, "Even if it's a trap, it's a place to start." It wasn't quite sunset, but there wasn't much time to kill until then, so she set off hoping to get a look at the place before any of these "others" could arrive. After all, even if it's not a trap, it never hurts to be ready for one.

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-06, 02:11 PM
Ragnar Ironballs
Looking down at the note, Ragnar grins savagely. "Finally. Gettin close to goin' down tae the blighter's rathole and bringin' it down round his ears." He gathers his few belongings, gives the night's wench a fond pat, and heads off to get a good meals and a drink or two in him before this meeting.

Ildu
2012-12-06, 04:30 PM
Belka

Belka's morning preparations had gone incredibly well, until she found the card atop her medallion of Iomedae. She'd managed to find her boots free from the grasp of the cats sister Norvalda tended and found there to be just enough warm porridge left out when she attended breakfast with brother Caiaphas and sister Proudfoot. The morning had been just fine until Belka attended morning prayers to find she'd forgotten her medallion, probably atop her desk. She quickly returned to her room to find the harrow card she'd missed before.

She turned the card over and let herself rest at the edge of her cot, taking in the message before she turned to stare at the image. Why a harrow card? The name in the message: Gaedren Lamm.

The very memory of the man filled Belka with anger and a tinge of fear as she felt the fingers in her left hand ache from where he'd broken two of her fingers as a punishment for helping another child squirrel away a loaf of bread. She promptly folded the card and tucked it safely in her doublet and looked throughout her room, grabbing the supplies she deemed necessary, all the while wondering who could have made it into the nunnery. Was it a woman, a former 'Little Lamm,' like herself, or a member of the parish? Whatever the matter, someone had been wronged by Gaedren, and it would be for the last time, Belka swore it.

Leaving her room and locking the door behind her, Belka tried to keep her thoughts out of her past and in the present as she searched the temple grounds for her fellow clergymen, small Proudfoot and bald Caiaphas. She had some questions to ask before she could devote herself to fulfilling her revenge.

Zefir
2012-12-06, 05:00 PM
Eon

Eon keeps looking at the letter for a while. He hasn't heared of Lamm in the last years and nearly forgot him. Not that he will ever be able to forget it, but life wen on.

He looks around in the abondend house he claimed as his home. The trap on the door is still working, even thought it's just a simple trap. The window is open. Well maybe he just takes a look and then he will see.

He grabs his stuff and heads out.

Thattaman
2012-12-09, 03:11 PM
You arrive at this house at sunset ready to kill Gaedran Lamm. The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smouldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel. The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table. On the basket is a note that you can see. "Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you."

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-09, 06:19 PM
The black-haired, dark-skinned dwarf steps over to the table. His lips move silently as his finger traces the words on the note. He snorts in annoyance, then shrugs, looking at the others in the room. "Well now, ain't this interestin'. Me names Ragnar Ironballs. Been lookin' for Lamm for awhile now. Who're ye?"

ProudGrognard
2012-12-10, 03:16 AM
Noman

Noman probably arrived first. He read the note, took a long look around the room and sat down to eat from the basket. The smells reminded him of the Order and so a sad smile crossed his face. He was dressed, as always, like a traveler, in plain grey trousers, white shirt and a cloak in the color of sand. By his side, his well cared bow stood at the ready.
Soon, the smell of his bitter, heavy cigars was added in the room 's smells. When the dwarf asked, he bowed his head and said:

"I am Noman" The way he pronounced it was like saying No Man or No One. "I have also been looking for Lamm for a while. Because, unfortunately, once a long time ago I had found him. Pleased to meet you, Ragnar. Did you also get a strange note?"

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-10, 09:13 AM
"Aye, I did. Any chance tae get a shot at finding me Gaff I'll take. And if he's hurt her..." Ragnar's fist flexes as a look of rage crosses his face, then passes. "Well, no matter, gotta get tae the bastard first, eh?"

ProudGrognard
2012-12-10, 09:35 AM
" True, we must first find him. Do you think there will be more coming? But that is a pointless question. We shall wait and see. Until then, try the food. It is plain bit good"

And with that, Noman pushes the basket towards the dwarf. Inwardly, he is curious to understand his ...vocation. Lamm is no target for commoners, but if Ragnar is a commoner, then Noman is a nun.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-10, 10:35 AM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn strode boldly into the room, giving a curt nod to the two who were already there. Upon reading the note, he huffed in mild annoyance. The place smelt funny, the mystery note writer wasn't here, and who knew whether the food was safe to eat? Best to wait and see if someone else keeled over from poisoning first.

I'm rolling a perception check for anything suspicious or noteworthy about the room or the basket of food.

[roll0]

"You both here because of some weird writing on a card too?" He demanded, fishing the harrow card out of his pocket and waving it about in a vague manner.

Desril
2012-12-10, 01:05 PM
Lilian

Seeing three others walk in and not noticing any sound of a struggle, Lilian decided it was as good a time as any to put in her appearance. She walked in only a few seconds behind the most recent entrant, just in time to catch his question. She wrinkles her nose at the smell of incense and cigars as she scans the note and the food, deciding not to eat anything but taking a drink.

She pulls out the Courtesan harrow card and looks it over again, "I am. Are the three of you here for information on Gaedren as well?"

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-10, 01:16 PM
"Aye, I'm after his head. I'm guessin you ain't plannin' on givin' him nae flowers, either?" The dwarf grins savagely.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-10, 01:29 PM
Kerwyn

"Oh, I don't know about that." Kerwyn said casually, a wicked smile blooming on his face. "I've been intending to give the old man a pretty bouquet of shiny knives in the gut, myself. But yes. I was told that there would be... others."

Desril
2012-12-10, 05:03 PM
"As was I. I wonder if this is everyone or if we have stragglers?" A few seconds later, she looks over the man who'd been talking, "Oh, and just be sure to give me a chance to talk to Gaedren before you give him that lovely gift you have planned. I have a few questions he needs to answer."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-10, 06:17 PM
Noman

Noman watched silently as two more people came into the room. When the card was shown, he silently nodded as if a question had been answered.

"I think that a bouquet is in order, yes. From me, it will be of arrows. But I promise to wait, if I can."

A rather bitter smile again surfaces at his lips. He then bows his head as if introducing himself.

"I am Noman". Again the strange pronunciation. "Who might you be? And perhaps it would be good to share our ...vocational capabilities. I think we might end up joining forces"

Zefir
2012-12-11, 03:13 AM
A bit after the last person entered another person enters the building. He opens the door a bit rude and takes a look at the people inside.

"Ok! Who of you broke into my house and left a note there?"

He ignores the note, since the person leaving it might be here right now.^^

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-11, 08:03 AM
"Ya daft human! Weren't none of us." He turns to Noman, "I trained under a druid for awhile, and I can do those arts, but I'm best at hitting people."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-11, 08:03 AM
Kerwyn

"The same person who left us all a note, I imagine," said Kerwyn smoothly, without missing a beat. "Trust me, we're all wondering the same as you."

Given how upset the big man appeared at the idea of someone having broken into his house, now was probably not the best time to mention what exactly he did to earn his bread. "My name is Kerwyn. Gentleman of leisure."

Zefir
2012-12-11, 11:03 AM
Eon walks over to the dwarf looking straith down to him.

"What did you say little guy?"

Hate to make it, since rolepplay can be a lot more fun.
Intimidate:[roll0]
(Let's hope for something not so bad)

ProudGrognard
2012-12-11, 11:19 AM
Noman

Noman sees that things are not going to go well. He also did not care for the attitude of the newcomer, though he has been slanted. He sits up and stared straight at the eyes of the big human:

'I think he said the same thing that all of us understood at first glance. That the one who send the note is not here. Also, I think he said that walking into a room full of strangers and assuming intimidating postures isn't healthy or productive.

I suggest you sit down and enjoy the food and the wine. Hopefully, the company too. It seems that we are all in the same side here.'

He then turns to the cantankerous dwarf.

"And Ragnar, please. You should know by now, that no race likes to be called names. Humans or dwarves.

So, big guy. If I guess correctly, you should also have an axe to grind with Lamm. Most provably literally. Save your might and your strength. It seems that it will be needed quite soon"

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-11, 12:40 PM
Ragnar chuckles and glances at the big human. "I called ye a daft human. And ye are one. Then again, I'm a daft dwarf. And if ye're lookin' to bury that Earthbreaker in Lamm's skull, mebbe we got more than daftness in common."

Zefir
2012-12-11, 12:50 PM
At least the man seems to calm down by the dwarfs answer. But then the other person spoke up as well and he turns around to face the stranger.

"Just cause your notice my strength doesn't mean I'm dump. At least who tells me the dwarf speaks true? In fact everyone of us may be the one giving out these notes and then hide under one as well. I can't just belive the next person that speaks. If you really know Lamm you know why."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-11, 12:51 PM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn sighed and smoothed down the front of his shirt, silently thankful (and not for the first time) that he could pass reasonably well as a full-blood human. Leaving the others to their chest-beating posturing, he turned towards the only woman in the room.

"How about you, milady? Got a score to settle with Lamm as well? I didn't manage to catch your name just now, but if you need to do your questioning with a dagger, I'd gladly lend you one."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-11, 03:10 PM
Noman

Things apparently settled down, Noman sits down at well. He should have known better than try to play peacemaker. Him of all people. With a nod to the calmed down big guy, he gets back to readjusting his belt, an obviously unconscious habit.

Desril
2012-12-11, 05:15 PM
Lilian

She looks to the man who asked her, "My name is Lilian, and I have my own weapons thanks...though I don't intend to use them until I'm left with no choice. What fun is a dagger when you can do this?" With a quick chant and simple gestures, a small, violet flame surrounds her hand before quickly vanishing. She continues with a colder tone, "But to answer your question, yes, there's a score to settle."

Prestidigitation, if that's too powerful of a use for the spell, I'll just re-fluff it into Jolt.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-11, 10:42 PM
Kerwyn

Kerywn nodded in understanding to himself at the sight of the flames. It was never a good idea to piss off those versed in the arcane. And if Lillian's voice was anything to go by, whatever it was Gaedren Lamm had done to her, it was probably best not to pry.

"Very well then, milady Lillian," he said with a slight bow. "If this gathering goes anywhere, I'll make sure the old man doesn't kick it before you've had your chance to ask him all the questions you like. Might be a little hard though, seeing as to how everyone here's out for their bit of blood. But I'll do my best."

He looked around the room at the others who had gathered with some disappointment. None of them were sweet on the old man, that was for sure. But none of them looked familiar either. So much for finding Whatsherface.

Kerwyn glanced down at the card still palmed in his hand. The Rabbit Prince had a broken sword. Kerwyn was pretty sure that was an insult of some sort.

"Just a thought," he said aloud, addressing the whole room. "So everyone's here because we all got some message on a card. And we're all a little freaked out because we don't know how it got delivered, right? I don't suppose everyone got the same card?" He waved his card aloft. "Because I don't hold much with all this Varisian superstition. But I want to know if this means something more."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-12, 02:11 AM
Noman

When Kerwyn asked about the card, Noman 's tapped his brow with his fist. It had never occurred to him to ask.

"That is good thinking. I got this." he says, showing the Winged Serpent. "It does seem that at least we two got something different".

Noman then tries to remember anything he knows of this Varisian cards. Had he attended a reading in his younger days?

Intelligence check? [roll0]

Thattaman
2012-12-12, 07:12 AM
All you know is that they are used by fortune tellers to predict the future. You do not know the individual meanings.

Desril
2012-12-12, 10:42 AM
Lilian reveals her Courtesan card, "Mine is different as well," she glances toward the remaining 3 members of their group, "what of yours?"

Lilian tries to remember when she ran into a Varisian scam artist performing fake harrowings to try and remember the meanings of the cards.

Intelligence check (1d20)[15]

Thattaman
2012-12-12, 12:39 PM
Each card represents a different morality and personal strength, there are 54 harrow cards in each deck.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-13, 01:00 AM
Kerwyn

"I got this rabbity thing," admitted Kerwyn grumpily. "Found it inside- with some of my... personal belongings. I want to know who sent it and how they left it there."

Thattaman
2012-12-13, 07:12 AM
After a while of talking you hear the door open then close as an attractive, kindly middle-aged woman walks into the room with a smile on her face."Hello, my name is Zellara. I am the person who sent for you with those harrow cards. Are you all comfortable?" She sits down on one of the chairs in the room. “Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal. You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son.
“I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded—I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures.
“And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay.”

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-13, 10:25 AM
"Finally." He looks at the others, asking, "Any of you sneaky enough to scout out the place? Much as I want tae kill Lamm, I'm no fool tae charge in blind if'n I don't have tae."

Zefir
2012-12-13, 01:34 PM
"I don't think this is a good idea. You heared her Lamm killed her son who just tried the same. We should go there together and end it. The more time we give him the less chances we got."

Desril
2012-12-13, 02:39 PM
"Both of you have a good point, but maybe there's a way to get information without risking anyone. If Gaedren has lookouts posted and I can catch one of them alone, I could coerce them into revealing what we'd have to deal with once we get inside, and maybe use them to get in unseen."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-13, 03:39 PM
Noman

Noman silently listened to his apparently soon-to-be companions in revenge with a bemused expression. Suspicion apparently when so far.

" Not ten minutes ago, everybody suspected everybody for putting a card unseen. We also wondered what it meant.

And now, lady Zellara comes along and we are all ready to just go along. I know I will, because this is my only lead to Lamm. If we were to pool resources, even better. But before that, I would still like to find out how this card ended up in my room while I was inside. And how you, dear hostess, knew of my ...trafficking with Lamm. It is not a widely known fact. "

And Noman turns to stare at Zellara, waiting for an explanation.

Sense Motive [roll0]

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-14, 03:10 AM
Kerwyn

"I'm with Noman here," said Kerwyn aloud, scuffing the heel of his boot against the floor. "No slight intended to your sufferings, Lady Zellara. But I'm not moving my sexy little butt out of this house and over to Lamm's until you explain just how you delivered your little card message."

The thought that Zellara had somehow known of what he'd believed to be his private vendetta against the old man was rather disturbing too. Who else knew that he'd been one of the little Lamms? That kind of news could get him thrown into jail. He would settle that later.

Aid Another to Noman's Sense Motive roll [roll0]

Thattaman
2012-12-15, 04:56 AM
"The Harrow cards told me everything, then I sent them to you. Six people who had also been done badly by Gaedran Lamm and where able to take him out. Would you mind if I perform a harrowing? It is said to bring good fortune." Zellara shuffles her now full deck and draws out nine cards. You notice that all your cards have disappeared. She offers the nine cards to each of you. "Draw one."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-15, 05:18 AM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn rolled his eyes. The woman was surely half-baked. Either that, or she was canny enough to keep whatever contact network she had a secret. To hell with it - he'd just go along with her addled babble, stick it to Gaedren, and then keep tabs on her later.

Without bothering to hide his annoyance, Kerwyn sulkily picked out a card. "This is ridiculous," he muttered aloud. "Lady, I'm just doing this to make you happy and so I can stab Gaedren Lamm in the belly. You'd better give us all some straight answers once we're done."

Thattaman
2012-12-15, 05:22 AM
Kerwyn draws the harrow card 'The Peacock' . "Ahh, the peacock, it represents a sudden personal shift, you know? And the peacock never lies."

Zefir
2012-12-15, 05:39 AM
Eon

Eon has this 'ahh' expression on his face. The he looks at Kerwyn.

"Dude this is magic. Even I know that it can do things, you don't belive."

Then he draws a card as well, taking on in the mid.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-15, 05:48 AM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn snorted softly and pointed at Lillian. "That cool stuff she does? That's magic. These cards..." He shrugged lightly and grimaced, a supercilious smile on his face as he folded his arms. May as well see which of the others was willing to go along with the charade - if he was going to have to work with these people, it'd be good to know which ones were gullible and which weren't.

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-15, 10:00 AM
"The world can be stranger than ye ken." Ragnar steps up, picking a card. "I'll take ye up on that, lady."

Thattaman
2012-12-15, 12:10 PM
Eon draws the card 'The Juggler' and Ragnar draws 'The Avalanche' "The Jugler is said to put fate on your side while the avalanche represents a disaster in the wrong hands and a way to avert it in the right ones."

Desril
2012-12-15, 11:06 PM
Lilian thinks for a moment before figuring there's no harm in playing along. Besides, it's not costing her anything.

"There's no harm in hearing a reading, regardless of whether you're a con artist or a proper fortune teller, I suppose." She takes a card as well.

Thattaman
2012-12-16, 03:44 AM
"I assure you, I am no con artist." Lilian draws 'The Devil's Lantern' "Ahh, the devil's lantern. The lantern can shine in the right hands but will dim if given to the wrong man."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-16, 04:06 AM
Noman

Noman all but snorts when he hears the explanation of Zalara. He seems ready to say something, but then just shakes his head. As his future companions draw cards, he himself draws one silently, with a bemused expression.

Ildu
2012-12-16, 03:49 PM
Belka
Belka approaches the address at night, the sun long since set over the west. In the glow of the lanterns outside, she checks her harrow card to be sure of the address before knocking at the door.

Zefir
2012-12-17, 04:05 AM
Eon looks at the card.

"Oh man. Didn't you got 'The earthbreaker'? I can't see myself as a Juggler."

Eon just wonders who comes so late to the meeting. He doesn't go for the door since it isn't his home.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-17, 07:37 PM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn shrugged, crossed to the door in a few quick strides, and yanked it open.

Ildu
2012-12-19, 10:08 PM
Belka was just about to turn the handle when she found herself face to face with a half-elf she could swear she recognized.
"Good evening. I am Belka Godsmouth. I awoke with this Harrow card at my bedside. You wouldn't happen to be the one who left this in the nunnery at the Pantheon of Many... would you?" She drew the Empty Throne card and turned it to reveal the handwriting, quizzically staring at Kerwyn.

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-20, 01:20 AM
Kerwyn

Nunnery? As if he'd be caught dead in one - no matter how pretty the nuns might be or how deep the temple coffers, it didn't do to offend the gods.

Kerwyn shrugged and opened the door a little wider. "I just open the door, miss. The one you're looking for is sitting yonder at the table with all the cards. She sent us all one."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-20, 02:09 AM
Noman

Noman stares with interest at the new arrival. So, a priest now? This madam Zelara sure had a large hand. But funny how she did not mention that more were to come.

"Yes, come in, lady. All of us here got a card. Join our merry group."

And then, he goes back to Zelara, waiting to hear her explanation of the card he drew.

Still waiting Thattaman!

Ildu
2012-12-20, 02:21 AM
Following Kerwyn into the room, Belka apologized for her tardiness and took the nearest seat she could find. These cards, what do they mean, and why has this woman gathered them together? Belka decided it was best to await the owner of the home. She looked at the decorations in wonder, if feeling a bit disturbed by the strange aura of it all.

Desril
2012-12-20, 03:22 AM
Lilian watched the new arrival with interest, grateful that she wasn't the only member of the fairer sex to show up, and she wondered just how well everyone's mutual hatred of Lamm could hold this group together. Still, if Zelara's information was worth coming here for, it doesn't really matter how long the group holds, it will be long enough. But that was in the future, and this is now, and if there were yet more coming, she needed a way to kill time.

Playfully, she speaks up, "I don't think you're allowed to call it a 'merry' group until there's alcohol involved." Turning to face Ragnar, "I don't suppose the stories about your kind always having a full keg on them somewhere are true, are they dwarf?"

Thattaman
2012-12-20, 11:33 AM
Noman draws 'The Crows' "Ahh, the crows. Theives of the world, but can the right man stop them?"

Ildu
2012-12-22, 12:26 PM
Belka

The oracle looks around a bit, points at herself with a surprised expression, and blushing, moves over to Zellara and draws the topmost card from the deck, turning it over.

ProudGrognard
2012-12-22, 01:08 PM
Noman

'You catch on quick, Mrs. Belka. Allow me to brief you. All of us, it seems, have reasons to want Lamm ...indisposed. All of us got a card like the one you hold, under yet to be explained circumstances'.

This was accompanied with a sidelong glance to Zelara and a rather ironic smile.

'Perhaps all this sounds familiar. I would guess that you have a similar story. All of us have agreed to join forces to take Lamm down. Zalara, our card giving hostess over here, has provided the location of Lamm 's headquarters. Supposedly, at least. And now we are picking a second card, which is supposed to show our future.

So. We are complete strangers meeting under strange circumstances. We have growled at each other, at Zalara, we have shared wine and bread and we have made small talk. We have also discussed our skills. I am a competent archer. Ragnar has been trained by a druid. Eon is as capable as he looks with steel. Lilian commands the arcane forces. And Kerwyn is good with opening doors, as he says. Will you join us?"

Ildu
2012-12-22, 01:39 PM
Belka

Mrs.? I am certainly married to none but the gods! Belka scrunched her nose and listened on.

"Gaedren Lamm stole me from an orphanage. He beat me, abused me, and forced my hand into one that took from innocents for his personal gain. Five years. Five years of waking nightmares that still haunt my dreams. When I left him, it was thanks to the courage I received from Cayden Cailean and the strength granted to me by Iomedae.

"I follow their law; my sword is their justice, my hammer their fury. Like you, I have seen and known the suffering of the lives he has brought to ruin with drug and poverty. If you have truly sworn to band together to right what Lamm has done, then the light of the gods that shines through me will be your shield."

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-23, 12:24 PM
"Sounds like ye'll be handy tae have around. I'm not one for gods and the like, but the Drunken Hero's alright." He turns to Lilian, holding up a steel flask. "Well, I ain't figured out how tae fit a keg in my pocket, but ye can have a mouthful of this if'n ye can handle it."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-23, 12:33 PM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn's ears pricked up in interest as he listened to Belka's story.

"You were a thief, weren't you? One of the little Lamms?"

Zefir
2012-12-23, 02:58 PM
As Cayden Cailean was mentioned Eon holds up his mug, which could be seen as his holy symbol.

"For the drunken man's sake could we at least talk this out on the way to Lamm? At this rate he might dy on aging instead of our work."

With that he stands up and heads for the door.

Desril
2012-12-23, 09:08 PM
Lilian cringes at the mention of the Little Lamms, but has not time to think on it, seeing their ally walk toward the door in a rush, Lilian turns down Ragnar's offer, "Apparently we're leaving now, we'll just have to have a drink to celebrate after tonight is over."

Looking toward Zelara, she restates what they've been told to help mark it in her own memory and ask a question, "An old fishery at Westpier 17, that's where Lamm is, but is there anything else we should know? He's not about to walk head first in to a trap is he?"

Ildu
2012-12-24, 02:04 AM
Belka was intrigued by the sudden reaction. Fellow worshipers of the Accidental God and someone she thought she had recognized before. The blonde Ulfen woman felt a sense of serenity wash over her that she only recognized in the Pantheon's halls.

Briefly nodding to Kerwyn, she removed one of her gloves and revealed a web of thin scarring in the back of her palm.
"Still have the scars to prove it. Back then I bore the name of "Babbler.""

Thattaman
2012-12-24, 05:43 AM
Belka draws 'The Dance' "The dance, the most harmonious of the cards." She then turns to address the rest of you. "Now that I have performed that reading, let us pay Lamm a visit before it is too dark. I shall wait here but I have given you where he dwells. Go, wreak revenge on the man who has wronged you."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-24, 06:36 AM
Kerwyn

The half-elf looked up and grinned. She wasn't Whatshername, but that was good enough for him. At last, someone out there like him - who knew what it was to be raised and tortured by a maniac old bastard.

"Then that makes you my sister, of sorts. Name's Kerwyn. You may have seen me before, though I admit, my memory fails me. Shall we head out before the big angry smashy man finishes off Gaedren by himself?"

Desril
2012-12-24, 02:23 PM
Two more of the Little Lamms out for revenge makes two of the party that Lilian no longer fears treachery from, at least as far as Lamm is concerned, "That makes three of us who've survived that slavery then...so let's make sure no other children ever have to go through that again."

"Thank you for the information, lady Zelara. I'll make sure it doesn't go to waste."

Thattaman
2012-12-28, 06:44 AM
You arrive at the Fishery and stand at the front door the reek of brine and the stink of week-dead fish hangs thickly in the air here. The old double doors in the side of this weathered building are tightly closed, with a drooping signpost hanging above. The sign it once displayed is long gone, leaving behind only a single short length of rusted chain.

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-28, 12:11 PM
Ragnar slices himself lightly with his dagger, and paints a fearsome pattern on his face. "I'm ready when all ye are." Ragnar grins savagely.

ProudGrognard
2012-12-28, 03:55 PM
Noman

As they walked towards their goal, Noman checked and rechecked his bow and arrows. He seemed almost to fidget. When they finally got there, Noman started scanning the perimeter.

"Give me some moments, Ragnar. I want to find a good vantage point"

He then scans the premises, to see if he can discern anything in the fishery: Movement, noises. Then he seeks a point where he could have a clear line of sight.

Perception [roll0]

EDIT:For the love of god!

Zefir
2012-12-28, 05:11 PM
Eon watches the building. It really looks liek Lamm would hide in here. The smell of death and fish keeps people away. He takes a step to the door trying to make out, if there is anyone behind the door.

Perception: [roll0]

Whatever the result is he turns to the others.

"If your not ready to face him OR if you want something to to be done, then you have 1 minute to do so."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-28, 08:05 PM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn shook his head in mock despair at Eon and scowled. The Gods save him from the impatience of humans.

"Hold up there, big man. You might be out for your share of blood, but some of us aren't as durable. Give me more time to check things out, would you? You seem like you've waited a while for this chance. What's a few more minutes?"

Turning his attention to the derelict building, Kerwyn narrowed his eyes as he walked lightly around its perimeter. So Lamm had improved his real estate in the years that Kerwyn had been away. No matter now.

Perception check for alternative ways to enter building AND for guards:[roll0]

edited: my roll isn't showing up right. argh.

Zefir
2012-12-29, 06:20 AM
Eon looks back at the human appearing person.

"No." he replies.

"If your not ready in time, then you might not hate Lamm enougth to go inside aftter all."

ProudGrognard
2012-12-29, 06:49 AM
Noman

"Not your decision to make, big man" Noman says, no hint of tension in his voice. "If you can wait a few minutes, go in alone. We will send your body to your next of kin, when we finish the job".

With that, he continues his scouting.

Ildu
2012-12-30, 04:54 AM
Belka

Shortly before entering, Belka pauses outside of the building. Holding up her holy symbol and closing her eyes, Belka quickly begins chanting a prayer as she lays a hand upon her breast.
"Efallai ngoleuni Iomedae ddisgleirio arnaf, ac efallai y Cayden arwain y ergydion i'r calonnau y rhai a fyddai'n gwneud drwg."

For those who know Celestial: May the light of Iomedae shine upon me, and may Cayden guide these blows to the hearts of those who would do evil.

The blonde woman looks up after she is finished and sighs, feeling slightly on edge.
"If any of you follow the Inheritor or Drunken Hero, I will perform a minor blessing for you. Even if you do not follow and wish for their graces, I will do my best to confer their light upon you."

Casting Guidance on myself and any others for the next minute.

"The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies."

Thattaman
2012-12-30, 05:02 AM
Around the right side of the old fishery is a slippery boardwalk, clinging to the side of the building which leads to a boat, floating in the water. On the left side is a loading dock that leads to a side entrance into the old fishery.

Desril
2012-12-30, 02:47 PM
Lilian

Lilian moves to have Belka's spell cast over herself as well, "The Lady in the Room and your Drunken Hero have worked together before, they can do so again tonigh." Once done, she expresses her gratitude with a sincere "Thank you."

"It might be better to split up, some of us could go in the front door and the rest by that boat," she says pointing toward the one floating off to their right. "That way even if half our group is stopped the other half can still get what we're here for."

maggie_mcknife
2012-12-30, 09:38 PM
Kerwyn

Kerwyn shrugged, figured that a little divine luck from the Accidental God wouldn't hurt, and moved to stand next to Belka.

"Don't be silly, milady," he said to Lillian, a little more sharply than intended. "If there's a commotion anywhere in that building, I want to know that we're the ones who caused it, not worry about what it might mean or whether there's a traitor among us. Besides, think about it." He gestured at himself and lowered his voice. "What on earth makes you think there aren't going to be... y'know, the current bunch of Lamms in there? I don't want to kill them. I'm not sure I trust all of us not to. 'Specially impatient people."

"That said, unless any of us can swim, I wouldn't take the boat. It's front door with Mister Smashy, or side door. Possibly with me. Not that I've changed my mind on splitting up being a bad idea, mind you."

Mithric Gunn
2012-12-30, 09:48 PM
"Aye, best to stay together and smash through the bastards before they know they're bein' hit.

Zefir
2013-01-02, 06:57 AM
Eon won't make his move. he thought at least one or two hat Lamm enougth to fight. Instead he has to deal with diplomats orpoliticans. Ugly people. At least they will be usefull as canonfood.

"At least I agree in one point with sneaky guy. spliting is like sign our dead."

Thattaman
2013-01-08, 02:54 PM
What are you guys going to do next?

maggie_mcknife
2013-01-08, 06:11 PM
"Oh fine. Wait here."

Kerwyn rolled his eyes, tired of waiting for the rest to come to a consensus. Stepping lightly onto the loading dock area, he moved as quietly as he could to the side entrance.

Stealth check = [roll0]
Perception check = [roll1] - What can Kerwyn hear through the door (or see, if there's a window in the vicinity)? Is the door locked?

ProudGrognard
2013-01-09, 02:19 AM
Noman

As Kerwyn moves to one side of the building, Noman takes the other. Moving with the footwork learned with Order, he tries to see if any surprises, sentries or windows can be seen as he walks around. being silent while carrying a bow isn't the easiest thing to accomplish...

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Apparently not easy at all... I am cursed, I say! Noman can definitely say it is night

Zefir
2013-01-13, 05:32 AM
Eon follows through the front door which Norm takes. He doesn't intend to step in front of the bowman. They scout, they walk in front.

Thattaman
2013-01-13, 06:56 AM
On the loading dock the ground is slippery and the scent of rotting fish hangs in the air. A set of double doors is in front, held ajar and a beam of light is spewing out the small crack. To your right is a set of stairs leading up to a door.

Mithric Gunn
2013-01-13, 02:29 PM
Ragnar peers through the crack.
Perception: [roll0]

Zefir
2013-01-17, 05:34 AM
"Can we go in alread or do you want to stare on th house until it rots?" Eon asks the people in front of him, loosing a bit of his patience.

ProudGrognard
2013-01-17, 05:54 AM
Seeing nothing on the other side (apparently), Noman comes back and joins the rest of the group.

A quick look inside and he is ready to cover anyone going in.

Since apparently Noman saw nothing of worth on the other side, he will roll a Per check here and wait to cover anyone going in.
Per check [roll0]

EDIT:Damn it again!

Thattaman
2013-01-17, 04:51 PM
Through the crack in the door you can see eight little children trying to sleep on the floor with a gnome is watching over them.