PDA

View Full Version : No Persist Wizard 10 Buff Routine?

roguemetal
2012-12-05, 03:38 PM
What buff routines would you suggest at this level? Every other character in the game is fairly optimized and I'm not permitted to use any prestige classes or persistent metamagic, so I'm sort of at a loss for my usual shenanigans. :smallfrown:

The party consists of a DMM Radiant, a MoMF Druid with Assume Supernatural, and a Swiftblade.
The DM limited me because of my previous shenanigans of creating nigh-infinite clones of my character around the world :smallwink:, but is at least giving me access to every spell.

Randomguy
2012-12-05, 04:23 PM
Here are some decent-good 1 hour/level buffs that you can cast: Overland flight, Phantom steed (if you've got +4 to CL through items and feats), Greater Magic Weapon for the swiftblade, Anticipate Teleportation, Darkvision, Mage Armour, Servant Horde or possibly Unseen Servant.

Story
2012-12-05, 04:25 PM
What about Heart of X? Use Heart of Earth for a free Stonekin when you need it, or just use all four for immunity to sneak attacks and critical hits.

Also, False Life is another good Hour/level buff, but it's made obsolete if you're also using Heart of Earth.

watchwood
2012-12-05, 06:37 PM
Most of the hour/level spells will carry you through a day of fighting. Especially if you can get your hands on a rod of extend.