PDA

View Full Version : Can ANYONE Explain DDO Crafting to me

Blue1005
2012-12-06, 12:40 AM
I sat up till the wee hours of the morning trying to learn how to craft, CANT FIGURE IT OUT. I have read online articles and looked at formula sites, no clue.

Is ANYONE able to give me a functional understand of how to do this?

Togath
2012-12-06, 02:10 AM
It's pretty self explanatory:smallconfused:, dis-enchant magic items to get components, and craft them according to your recipes.

Blue1005
2012-12-06, 02:28 AM
It's pretty self explanatory:smallconfused:, dis-enchant magic items to get components, and craft them according to your recipes.

Ok then why do i have armor ready to go and shards, but no ability to create them. I have armor that i want to craft devotion into, i have the devotion shard but it will not allow me to do it.

Togath
2012-12-06, 02:32 AM
Which machine are you using?, and is the armour enchanted(most items can only have a prefix, suffix, and a raw +x enchantment on them), plain, or readied(a readied item will have the text; [I]is ready for crafting, which can either be added[which will remove any enchantments already on it], or rarely found by itself[usually on a non-magic item, most often a trinket])?

Blue1005
2012-12-06, 04:43 AM
I already disemboweled or whatever you call it the armor, it is unbound i think, and i have tried it in both machines.

Badgerish
2012-12-06, 05:16 AM
It's been a while since I did it, but there was a step-by-step tutorial quest where you make a +0 flaming heavy mace (either that or halfling-bane) for free. So ask the NPCs and see if that's available?

Togath
2012-12-06, 05:16 AM
is the shard a non armour one?(just now occured to me I'm not sure if devotion can be applied to armour)

Blue1005
2012-12-06, 06:14 AM
is the shard a non armour one?(just now occured to me I'm not sure if devotion can be applied to armour)

I truly dont know, that is what i was wondering.

And i did the tutorial. But forging 1 item is a little less advanced than the crap they say you can do.

Togath
2012-12-06, 02:54 PM
if the shard adds spell power, it's probably weapon or trinket only, stats are usually non-armour, non-weapon, if it activates when hit or provides a passive bonus(other then attributes or spell power) it's probably usable on shields and armour.
Now that I'm rather curious, I'll look up the devotion shard to see if I can find anything, I honestly can't remember which category it is