PDA

View Full Version : Even more [feats]

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-29, 06:42 AM
Some more feats for my campaign setting.

Elvish Beserker [Style]
You are trained in the art of the Grugachi wardance

Prerequisites: Grugachi, rage or frenzy ability

Benefit: Whenever a rage, frenzy, or similar ability would give you a bonus to your Strength, you may forgo that bonus in order to apply an equal bonus to your dexterity score. Any other effects and constraints of the rage or frenzy ability function as normal, such as duration, penalties to AC and bonuses to Will saves.
Example: Solinaxerezz is a 1st level barbarian with Elvish Beserker. When he uses his Rage ability, he normally gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to his Constitution score and a +2 bonus on Will saves, but takes a -2 penalty to AC. If he chooses to use this feat, he instead gains a +4 bonus to Dexterity, a +4 bonus to Constitution, a +2 bonus to Will saves, and the Dexterity increase and the AC penalty cancel each other out

More to come for other cultures.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-29, 06:47 AM
Seems nice. Grugachi are wild elves aren't they?

Dhavaer
2006-10-29, 06:48 AM
Normally they don't have the 'i' on the end, but yes.

This reminds me of whirling frenzy, besides which it seems a little underpowered.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-29, 07:01 AM
Its intended to go side-by-side with Whirling fRenzy, which most of the Grugachi use. My group also uses a feat Improved Weapon Finesse, which lets you replace you Strength-with-Dex for damage as well as to-hit. So, its quite useful if you have that and both Weapon Finesse feats, plus Whirling Frenzy.

Anyay, heres another feat.

Elven Nerve Grip [Style]
You can render your opponents disabled with a single well placed nerve strike.

Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Finesse, Elf, Region of Origin:<to be named>

Benefit: Once per round as a standard action, you may make an unarmed melee attack at your highest base attack bonus. If this attack hits, you deal no damage, but your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 you character level+your Int modifier) or have be dazed for one round. At 5th level and higher, you may render an opponent dazed for one round and nauseated for one minute thereafter. At 10th level, you may render them unconscious.

Special: This feat counts as Stunning Fist for the purposes of qualifying for feats, PrCs etc. Note, however, that you don’t actually have any stunning attempts per day, so many feats that require stunning fist uses are useless to you. .You may take both this feat and Stunning fist. If you do, you may declare an Elven Nerve Grip attempt to also be a Stunning Fist attempt. If you do, you foe must make a save against each ability separately. A <to be named place> elf adds this feat to the list of bonus feats available to a 1st level monk.
To affect a foe with this feat, the foe must be of the humanoid type, or generally humanoid in anatomy, such as some fey or monstrous humanoids.

The Elven Nerve Grip has become a bit of a running jok in my group, so I thought it was time I made it into a feat. I think its a bit powerful, what about you?

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-29, 07:04 AM
:rolleyes: you had to do that didn't you.

Not much different from stunning fist really, so its fine at first glance.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-29, 07:08 AM
The idea was, although it doesn't apply as debiletating conditions as Stunning Fist, but you can use it unlimited times per day, and most foes of CR-appropriate level will make the save, you cant use it as part of a full attack. I think I should add in the restriction that it can only be used against humanoid targets. Thoughts?

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-29, 07:10 AM
Should work on creatures with that kind of anatomy. e.g. some fey.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-29, 07:12 AM
I see what you mean. Changing now.

Pegasos989
2006-10-29, 09:37 AM
The first feat is nice, the second... You win internet!

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-29, 11:08 AM
W00t, an internet!!

So, no balance issues with those two? I'll have some more up this evening.

Asrai Archery [style]
You practice the close-combat archery techniques of the Asrai

Prerequisites: Asrai, Defensive Archery, Point Plank Shot

Benefit: You no longer provoke attacks of opportunity for firing a bow in a threatened area.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-29, 05:10 PM
Asrai is Evil Mc Warrior/Warlock's race, right?

Where is defensive archery?
Costing 3 feats, I'd say that's balanced.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-30, 11:00 AM
It might be called something different. Its the one from Races of the Wild that gives you +4 AC vs AoOs from firing a ranged weapon.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-30, 11:09 AM
Sorta like the Spring attack tree. Thinking of the NWN one though.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-30, 11:13 AM
Oh, yeah. The NWN version sucked. I'm going to make Asrai Archery into a feat tree. The next would let you threaten squares within your reach (and therefore make AoOs and flank), whereas the third would let you flank (and possibly threaten within 30ft. I'm thinking BaB +6 and BaB +12 repectively?

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-30, 11:31 AM
That's a good feat tree for rogues. Maybe a little less BaB, 5 and 10?

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-30, 11:35 AM
Suppose so. Is threatening within 30ft too good for a feat?

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-30, 11:50 AM
I dunno, it's feat heavy, and rogues, (the ones who gain the most benifit) can only get it at fairly high levels.
Keep the +6/+12.

AmberVael
2006-10-30, 11:55 AM
I would say 30ft works, as it fits with the Point Blank Shot range as well. Somehow having those overlap seems appropriate.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-30, 12:18 PM
Improved Asrai Archery [Style]
You have mastered more of the combat archery techniques of the Asrai

Prerequisites: Asrai, Defensive Archery, Point Blank Shot, Asrai Archery, Dex 17, BaB +6

Benefit: Whilst wielding a bow, you are treated as wielding a melee weapon for the purposes of threatening adjacent spaces, attacks of opportunity, aid another etc.
Normal: A character wielding a ranged weapon does not threaten adjacent spaces

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-30, 12:19 PM
Looks fine.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-30, 12:47 PM
Asrai Archery Mastery [Style]
You have attained a perfect mastery of the Asrai close combat archery styles. Your unrelenting assault with your bow takes advantage of your foes slip ups in defence and aids your allies with distracting shots

Prerequisites: Asrai, Defensive Archery, Point Blank Shot, Asrai Archery, Improved Asrai archery, Dex 19, BaB +12

Benefit: The benefit of you Improved Asrai Archery extends out to 30ft.

Killing Shot [general]
You have the much-feared ability to kill enemies with a single arrow

Prerequisites: BaB +12, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Improved Precise shot, Far Shot, Spot 15 ranks

Benefit: As a full round action, you can make a single ranged attack. If this attack hits, the target must make a fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 you character level+your Wis modifier) or be slain instantly. This does not work on foes immune to precision based damage.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-30, 05:05 PM
That's.. quite powerful. Reminds me of a PrC feature.

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-31, 11:01 AM
At 12th level, magic users can do it better, with higher DC's, and still move in the same round. How about making a DC 20 spot check (with normal range modifiers) part of the full round action. If its unsuccessful, you can either make a normal ranged attack, or try again next round with a cumulative +2 bonus?

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-31, 11:05 AM
I suppose so. But everyone knows magic-users are more powerful anyway :wink:

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-31, 11:14 AM
I think its fine as it is. I had an idea for a feat earlier, but I forgot what it was.

Captain van der Decken
2006-10-31, 01:14 PM
:amused:

Is it part of either of the two trees so far?

Were-Sandwich
2006-10-31, 01:16 PM
Errr. Might have been.