PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on making a crossover villain(Gades from Lufia II)

RenKiriske
2012-12-06, 09:18 PM
I always get requests to do crossover-games, last one I did was based on Shin Megami Tensei(oh, hilarious...the players had no clue what to expect and it was fun for all) and this time I am choosing the Lufia series.

I always pick the more underrated/unknown classics..although I get these requests often I sometimes hit a road block(I don't want it to be a five minute fight, but I can't have every player obliterated outright...leaving a maniacal, cackling DM..which would be me.) so I guess I'll actually take it here.

So far I guess I'd make the Sinistrals themselves Outsiders, with immunities like death effects/magic, paralysis, confusion and petrification, but it's the techniques I'd have problems making....hence why just to get the ball rolling I want to start with Gades, i am trying to make him CR 19 but not break him too much...for example, Wave of Destruction is a spell like ability he can use, I guess three times per day with a damage rating of 18d6 damage? I'm bad at making up new techniques....

Any ideas would be good. Equipment, stats, size, CR adjustments, techniques or even maybe a class(although I want to avoid giving them classes)

Anyways, hope to get some feedback.