PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 threads you guys

Morph Bark
2012-12-07, 06:08 AM
There are now apparently 10,000 threads in Friendly Banter. Holy nuts! I only just really noticed it, but this clearly shows that Giant In The Playground is the most active forum I've ever regularly attended.

Quick! We must do something special! All the ideas I had were lame. :I

Bulldog Psion
2012-12-07, 06:12 AM
If I had time, I'd try writing a poem. :smallbiggrin:

Elemental
2012-12-07, 06:16 AM
I am of the opinion that if all else fails, fireworks are the answer:
http://c0472851.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/4th-of-jiy-fireworks-art-museum-philadelphia-600.jpg

Rawhide
2012-12-07, 06:18 AM
You do realise that almost all threads before ~2006 were purged, right? There's been well over 10,000 in total...

Kelb_Panthera
2012-12-07, 06:57 AM
If you're impressed by the 10,000 here, what do you think of the fact the RPG forum is almost to 80,000 threads? How about the d20 subforum of that area being over 25,000?

Just curious.

Btw, I don't frequent many other boards (read; any at all.) Is 10,000 really a lot for a 6 year period?

Elemental
2012-12-07, 07:12 AM
If you're impressed by the 10,000 here, what do you think of the fact the RPG forum is almost to 80,000 threads? How about the d20 subforum of that area being over 25,000?

Just curious.

Btw, I don't frequent many other boards (read; any at all.) Is 10,000 really a lot for a 6 year period?

Well... It is over fifteen hundred a year and about thirty or so a week.

Traab
2012-12-07, 12:37 PM
Well... It is over fifteen hundred a year and about thirty or so a week.

Heh, you should check out the World of Warcraft general forums if you want to see posts. I wouldnt be surprised if they hit 30 topics an HOUR.

The Glyphstone
2012-12-07, 12:40 PM
Heh, you should check out the World of Warcraft general forums if you want to see posts. I wouldnt be surprised if they hit 30 topics an HOUR.

An infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters will eventually recreate the entire works of Shakespeare. It will take them considerably less time to equal or surpass the entire content of the WoW official forums.

Traab
2012-12-07, 12:43 PM
An infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters will eventually recreate the entire works of Shakespeare. It will take them considerably less time to equal or surpass the entire content of the WoW official forums.

Ah yer just jealous because your special mod pic doesnt move.

The Glyphstone
2012-12-07, 12:56 PM
Ah yer just jealous because your special mod pic doesnt move.

If I had to moderate the WoW forums, I'd need an animated avatar, it'd be the only thing to keep me from painting insane rants on the walls in my own blood.

Anarion
2012-12-07, 01:09 PM
If I had to moderate the WoW forums, I'd need an animated avatar, it'd be the only thing to keep me from painting insane rants on the walls in my own blood.

I'd imagine Blizzard is fine with that, as long as your public posts are up to their standards. For all we know, Blizzard HQ might have an insane blood rant hallway. :smalltongue:

Traab
2012-12-07, 01:49 PM
I'd imagine Blizzard is fine with that, as long as your public posts are up to their standards. For all we know, Blizzard HQ might have an insane blood rant hallway. :smalltongue:

Might? Im pretty sure while its normal use is for blood sacrifice rituals, during the off hours blood rants are perfectly acceptable.

Mutant Sheep
2012-12-07, 08:54 PM
Blizz forums hurt my brain too, but I find the 10 millionth post a far more interesting prospect, and its coming soon.:smallwink:

Douglas
2012-12-07, 09:22 PM
Blizz forums hurt my brain too, but I find the 10 millionth post a far more interesting prospect, and its coming soon.:smallwink:
Yeah, only...

Huh, that's odd. The number at the bottom and the sum of the individual forum totals don't match, and the difference is far too small to be accounted for by subforums. Does the figure at the bottom of the main forum index include the hidden mod-only forum(s)? If so, there are apparently 112,748 total posts in there (I'd guess most of them are the reports) as of a few minutes ago. I suppose deleted posts might also account for it, but I have no idea if the number of those would be in that ballpark.

Razanir
2012-12-07, 09:46 PM
Yeah, only...

Huh, that's odd. The number at the bottom and the sum of the individual forum totals don't match, and the difference is far too small to be accounted for by subforums. Does the figure at the bottom of the main forum index include the hidden mod-only forum(s)? If so, there are apparently 112,748 total posts in there (I'd guess most of them are the reports) as of a few minutes ago. I suppose deleted posts might also account for it, but I have no idea if the number of those would be in that ballpark.

Wha?? Thre are mod-only forums? (fora?)

Chess435
2012-12-07, 11:10 PM

:elan: : DUN-DUN-DUNH!

Yeah, there is. It's used to look at reports and discuss the intel from the completely non-existent mind control.

Douglas
2012-12-07, 11:21 PM
Yep. Any time you use the Report Post feature, it handles it by posting your report in the mod-only forum. Any additional reports on the same post by other people get added to the same thread. This prevents duplicate reports from causing extra work, gives an easy way for report handling to be done by the first mod to come along rather than a specific mod, and lets that mod note that it's been dealt with in a place where the other mods will see it before going off to re-handle the problem.

ThiagoMartell
2012-12-07, 11:36 PM
You do realise that almost all threads before ~2006 were purged, right? There's been well over 10,000 in total...

The sad thing about that is that I can't link to all the threads making fun of Tippy back then.
Oh, the good times I had as a lurker!

grimbold
2012-12-08, 04:10 AM

that would explain a lot...

Morph Bark
2012-12-08, 05:15 AM

Just curious.

It's less being impressed by it (I frequent the RPG forum more than Friendly Banter, for one) and more that it reminded me that "dang, GitP is pretty darn active! That's worth mentioning!"

I've been on more active forums before, but I wasn't there regularly, like the Proboards Support forums or one belonging to a major gaming website.