PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Privateer (IC)

Morithias
2012-12-07, 06:54 AM
OOC: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263636

Your group enters the cantina on a small backwater planet. You recently pooled your money and purchased a beat up junky freighter. You checked the terminals for hiring, and in this refreshment place there apparently is a pair of sisters who are looking for mercenaries. Not much details otherwise. The Kuge sisters. Asking around didn't reveal much other than that they're well off. You find them at a back table looking over datapads.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 10:07 AM
Jetta Nand

Currently wearing the guise of a relatively nondescript human male who has seen better years, Jetta steps into the cantina and scans the room quickly, surreptitiously. Spotting the two ladies that match the description given to him, he first stops by the bar and orders a cheap drink. Most clients were more comfortable if you seemed comfortable; drinks made one seem less threatening. Taking a sip, he stays at the bar a moment, looking over the situation.

I don't know who else is doing what in this scene, so I didn't want to approach them yet without knowing if its just my character talking to them, or if my character is in the bargaining position or if someone else is. :smallsmile: So, waiting for other posters.

Noedig
2012-12-07, 10:21 AM
Crim stepped into the cantina and onto something that made a squish noise. He glanced down and frowned. It looked like a bar rag, but far all he knew it could have been some sort of invertebrate. He glanced around the cantina and tightened his grip on his briefcase when he didn't immediately spot his Clawdite associate. Jetta's 'aura' in the Force was nearly as mutable as his physical form, but that made it a little easier to spot. Sometimes.

Crim stood in the doorway for a few moments and concentrated.
There you are.

Jetta had just ordered a drink, and Crim moved next to him at the bar to do the same.
He kept his voice conversational, but low.
"Afternoon, Mr. Nand. Have you met with our clients yet?"

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-07, 11:15 AM
Jack Cranton

Jack entered the cantina a few minutes after the others. He wasn't part of negotiations, he was security and medical. He just came to make sure that there wasn't any trouble. That and, truth be told, he liked bars. He walked slowly over to the bar, careful to make sure he picked a spot where he could observe both Jetta and the Kuge Sisters, and signaled the bar tender.

"Hey, barkeep. I'll take a Corellian Twister. Don't spare the synth." When he returned, Jack dropped a few credits, tipping generously, "Thanks, friend." Drink in hand, Jack sat back and watched the proceedings.

I don't know etiquette on this planet, so I'm assuming I only have my knife and not my blaster rifle. If, however, the rifle won't raise too many eyebrows, it's slung over my shoulder.

Also, just to get in the habit of it, I'll roll to observe the area:

Perception [roll0]

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 11:22 AM
Jetta Nand

Jetta nods at Crim in acknowledgement as he takes another sip of his drink. At Crim's query, he mumbles, "Not yet. Taking a look around before going to talk to them. Waiting to see who-all of the crew decides to show up. Never know what might happen in one of these places, especially on a backwater like this."

He takes another small sip of his drink and focuses on the two ladies after scanning the room once over.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Just in case there is something to notice.

Morithias
2012-12-07, 11:34 AM
This world, although low class isn't quite the hell hole of tatoonie. Many people are armed, there's even a few republic troops in here. There is a band playing upbeat music, and a few people playing space-chess.

The two ladies continue going over their datapads eventually. Both are armed with heavy blasters, and look like they could be dangerous. One of them has a cybernetic enhancement on her face. A small one, given it's shape and place you assume it's some kind of cyberlink. The two of them look almost exactly alike. The one without the cyberlink is in heavy armour, similar to that of the republic soldiers. The one with the cyberlink is wearing causal dress.

You hear whispers, you pick up a few words "spice, medicine, Fuuka", but that makes little sense to you. Most spices can't be used for medical purposes, and you have no idea what Fuuka means.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 11:42 AM
Jetta Nand

Finishing off his drink, Jetta sets it on the counter and speaks to Crim. "Ready to head over?"

Regardless of Crim's answer, Jetta weaves his way through the tables towards the ladies' booth. Stopping at a safe distance, he waits a few moments until he is acknowledged, then greets them with a courteous "Ladies," obviously preferring to wait until he is invited to take a seat (or remain standing).

Morithias
2012-12-07, 11:46 AM
Jetta Nand

Finishing off his drink, Jetta sets it on the counter and speaks to Crim. "Ready to head over?"

Regardless of Crim's answer, Jetta weaves his way through the tables towards the ladies' booth. Stopping at a safe distance, he waits a few moments until he is acknowledged, then greets them with a courteous "Ladies," obviously preferring to wait until he is invited to take a seat (or remain standing).

"Jetta Nand?" One of the sisters comments. "If that's you take a seat. We got business to discuss. We got three jobs, you can do all three, but each of them has it's downsides. Of course the more you do, the more you get paid."

They move to the back of the table.

"We're the Kuge sisters. I'm Kyouko." The one with the cybernetic enhancement motions. "and she's Kiyoko."

Noedig
2012-12-07, 12:19 PM
"Right behind you."

Crim followed Jetta to the client's table and seated himself next to his associate. He opened his briefcase and pulled out his datapad.

"Straight to business then? Good. What are our options?"

Morithias
2012-12-07, 12:31 PM
"Right behind you."

Crim followed Jetta to the client's table and seated himself next to his associate. He opened his briefcase and pulled out his datapad.

"Straight to business then? Good. What are our options?"

Kyouko smiles. "Right to business then. Alright here's the deal." She opens her datapad. "There's a woman on Vera Five named Doctor Tamagushi Fuuka. Genius in her field. Recently she's had a medical breakthrough in making cheap medpacs, but the problem is that one of the key ingredients is a cheap spice. An illegal cheap spice. It's the spice equivalent of drinking aftershave. The only reason anyone buys it is that it's brutally cheap, and extremely addictive."

She continues. "We recently tried to buy a shipment, but we keep getting outbid by a "Crime lord" named Choushin. A gambler who won big, and decided to start hiring goons and get into the black market."

"There are 3 missions, you may choose to do all of them, or none of them."

"The first mission is basic theft. Break into Choushin's base, and steal the shipment. The problem with this mission is there will be a few guards there. Cheap credit-a-dozen guards, but still guards."

"The second mission is optional, but pays well. When you're in his base, find and kill him. Assassination is low, but this guy is a criminal, and not a freedom fighting criminal who steals for the good of the poor. This guy is small-name, big-ego scum."

"The third mission is only if you have a ship. Load the spices and take them to Vera Five and deliver them to Dr. Fuuka."

"Any questions?"

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 12:40 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta looks to Crim a moment before looking at the twins again. "Do you have any information about the location the target is at?"

Morithias
2012-12-07, 12:45 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta looks to Crim a moment before looking at the twins again. "Do you have any information about the location the target is at?"

"Yes. In the slums. Guy won his money and bought a basic warehouse. Nothing fancy. The guy is cheap, never buys anything expensive, quantity over quality. It's at this address." She links to your datapad and downloads it.

"The fact is that he's going to be selling these spices as drugs, to harm people, by taking them from him we prevent any harm to the people, and delivering them to Fuuka will help even more. Killing him is for long term purposes. If he's alive he'll just outbid us again, taking him out will make us the top bidder, making it so we can send regular shipments to Fuuka. Of course if you ever come back to this planet, we'll be sure to give you another shipment for more pay."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 12:50 PM
Jetta Nand

The clawdite nods and looks thoughtful for a second. "Worthy cause, but I assume that you know that causes need funding. What sort of pay could we expect for these jobs?"

Dunno if Crim wants to chime in and take over haggling or other parts of the conversation. Wouldn't be against letting him haggle and doing assist rolls.

Morithias
2012-12-07, 12:58 PM
Jetta Nand

The clawdite nods and looks thoughtful for a second. "Worthy cause, but I assume that you know that causes need funding. What sort of pay could we expect for these jobs?"

Dunno if Crim wants to chime in and take over haggling or other parts of the conversation. Wouldn't be against letting him haggle and doing assist rolls.

"500 credits for stealing, 2000 for killing, 1000 for shipping, plus more credits everytime you return to ship more, relative to the amount you deliver."

Noedig
2012-12-07, 02:32 PM
Being back in the world of business, white, black or grey, was a nice change of pace. He typed in all the relevant information into his datapad and smiled.

"So asset redistribution, narrowing the field of competition and a rush delivery. Payment for services rendered, with additional pay oppertunities in the future. Sounds rather simple. On the subject of your competitor, my associates and I have no issue with liquidation, but that enterprise often has extra costs. As you well know, wheels need to be greased, to use a euphemism. 2500 would be more adequate in that regard. That brings the payment to 4000, a quarter of which will needed to cover those extra costs. This will allow us to still turn a profit on the enterprises you've offered. What do you think?"

Persuasion for haggling purposes. [roll0]

Morithias
2012-12-07, 02:38 PM
Being back in the world of business, white, black or grey, was a nice change of pace. He typed in all the relevant information into his datapad and smiled.

"So asset redistribution, narrowing the field of competition and a rush delivery. Payment for services rendered, with additional pay oppertunities in the future. Sounds rather simple. On the subject of your competitor, my associates and I have no issue with liquidation, but that enterprise often has extra costs. As you well know, wheels need to be greased, to use a euphemism. 2500 would be more adequate in that regard. That brings the payment to 4000, a quarter of which will needed to cover those extra costs. This will allow us to still turn a profit on the enterprises you've offered. What do you think?"

Persuasion for haggling purposes. [roll0]

The Kuge sisters look at each other and start making minor hand signals. You figure they're arguing with each other.

The one in the heavy armour speaks up. "I wish to know what extra costs you are speaking of, before I approve of this upgrade to your pay. You say a quarter of 4000. What are you spending 1000 credits on to commit the act of walking in a door and shooting a man? Power packs aren't that expensive."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 02:56 PM
Jetta Nand

Largely tuning out the haggling going on at the table, Jetta spends a few minutes going over the data that had been uploaded to his datapad. All the while he debated which of the jobs they would be able to pull off. The stealing and delivery seemed to be in the bag, or, at least, as close to the bag as they could reasonably be expected.

The killing, however, could be difficult. A plan began to form in his mind as scrolled through the data.

I imagine that the information includes a couple pictures of the target, at least, but I didn't want to assume.

Noedig
2012-12-07, 03:17 PM
"Ah yes of course. Power packs are not expensive, as you say. Bribes, on the other hand, are. We will be causing a bit of a ruckus on someone else's turf, not the gambler necessary but the people on whose turf he operates, and those people may need placating. The spice also has questionable legality attatched to it, which means that transporting that spice will be similarly questionable, maybe not here, but elsewhere. That 1000 is not for the act of killing, but rather what comes afterward."

Persuasion again. [roll0]

Morithias
2012-12-07, 03:26 PM
"Ah yes of course. Power packs are not expensive, as you say. Bribes, on the other hand, are. We will be causing a bit of a ruckus on someone else's turf, not the gambler necessary but the people on whose turf he operates, and those people may need placating. The spice also has questionable legality attatched to it, which means that transporting that spice will be similarly questionable, maybe not here, but elsewhere. That 1000 is not for the act of killing, but rather what comes afterward."

Persuasion again. [roll0]

They do a few more hand motions.

"Alright. 4000 it is, for all 3 jobs. This is for the good of the people. You'll be paid the assassination when you get back to port. You'll be paid for the other two jobs when you deliver it to Fuuka."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 03:28 PM
Jetta Nand

Looking up from his datapad, Jetta looks at the two women and decides they aren't likely to pay them ahead of time. He nods and states, "That is acceptable." He stands from the table and offers the two of them a very slight, polite bow. "We had best be on our way if we are to plan. Crim?"

Waiting only a moment to see if his fellow joins him, Jetta heads towards the bar again to retrieve Jack from his spot at the end of the bar. As he walks up, he gestures at the man's drink. "Best find a way to bring that with you. Seems we have a couple jobs to do."

Noedig
2012-12-07, 03:30 PM
Crim smiled genuinely.
"Excellent! If my associate has no objections, I believe that concludes negotiations. Thank you for choosing us, you will not be disappointed."

He stood and offered a hand to the sisters.

Morithias
2012-12-07, 03:36 PM
Crim smiled genuinely.
"Excellent! If my associate has no objections, I believe that concludes negotiations. Thank you for choosing us, you will not be disappointed."

He stood and offered a hand to the sisters.

The armoured one takes your hand and shakes it. She has a strong frim grip. Fair strength score on this girl.

Noedig
2012-12-07, 03:46 PM
Crim placed his datapad in his briefcase and closed it.

"Good day, ladies. You will hear from us soon."

He turned and strode over to the others, still smiling.

"Well, gentlemen, we have our jobs. Let's go earn our bread. Also, remind me when you get back to the ship to discuss some side options that may come up during our jobs. I'm heading back now, so I'll see you all shortly."

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-07, 03:48 PM
Jack Cranton

"What, this?" Jack drains what's left of the Twister, "I'm good to go, Cap'n. I'm looking forward to the work, and the pay."

He gestures at a Twi'lek girl dancing in the corner, "I think she likes me. I'd like to take her out somewhere, show her a good time."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-07, 03:56 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta looks over at the twi'lek dancer for a moment before deciding to mess with Jack. When Jetta turns back, he's taken on the look of a similar, if different twi'lek girl, lekku and all. Flashing him a sultry wink, "Jetta" remarks, "Come back to the ship when you're done. You have some time."

With that, Jetta morphs back and steps out of the cantina, amused with himself. It's possible that he still holds somewhat of a grudge against the soldier for their shared history and has decided to mess with the man when he can.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-07, 05:07 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack recoiled briefly, and then chuckled at Jetta's performance. "Captain, you're a right git. You know that? I'll do the job first, I know the priorities."

He left the bar, following after the Crawdite. "So what's the the gig," he asked, "And, more importantly, when do we get paid?"

thechosen2nd
2012-12-08, 12:35 AM
Oriana

Throughout negotiations, Oriana maintained a safe distance from the prospective employees, as well as the rest of the crew. She entered the cantina slightly after the others, and separated herself to appear unconnected. After all, Oriana tends to stick to the shadows and rely on surprise when things go south. She was probably didn't hear most of the details, but got the gist of the mission from what she could hear.

After exiting the cantina, she slips into stride with the rest of the crew.

"Sounds like a simple enough job, then, right? just a quick in-and-out, offing a small-timer on the side? Good stuff.

...So what's the plan, Captain?"

Noedig
2012-12-08, 12:52 AM
"Sorry to interrupt, but I suggest the plan be discussed in the privacy of the ship. It would be disastrous if we were overheard by the wrong party, yes?"

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-08, 01:56 AM
Jack Cranton

Raising an eyebrow at Oriana, Jack responds to her exuberance, "Kid, you're one sneaky girl. If I had anything worth taking, I'd be sure to double lock the door to my cabin."

Pausing, as if the thought had just struck him, he turns to the Captain. "Jetta, we do have our own cabins on this new ship, right?"

thechosen2nd
2012-12-09, 12:30 AM
Oriana looks up at Jack and smiles youthfully at his response to her sudden appearance, but she says nothing, instead looking back down at her feet, continuing to walk back to the ship in silence.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-09, 01:48 AM
Jetta Nand

Letting Oriana spill a bit about the missions rather than do it himself, Jetta simply walks along. At Jack's question, he pauses a moment before continuing to walk. "Honestly, probably not. It is a rather used ship. Most of us will, but a few may have to bunk it, I imagine."

Might be a good point to actually have us at the ship, cause I've no idea what the inside might be like :smallredface:

Noedig
2012-12-09, 02:28 AM
Crim shrugged.
"After a few jobs we'll make a name for oursleves, the money will come pouring in and we can have a fleet of ships. If I have to share a bunk to get to that point, I won't complain. Where did we park it. I seem to have forgotten."

Morithias
2012-12-09, 08:23 AM
[spoiler]
Might be a good point to actually have us at the ship, cause I've no idea what the inside might be like :smallredface:
[/spoiler

As I said, the ship is the same model and design as the Falcon, just without all the fancy upgrades.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110515023525/starwars/images/5/5c/Millenium_Falcon_plans_-_HOPE_watch_case.jpg

Basically this, although you might be missing a lot of stuff. Like the shields.

~Edit~

You guys arrive at the spaceport where you parked. There are regular ships coming in and leaving, the terminals occasionally offering jobs, and people are discussing their work with each other.

The spaceport is probably the most well-maintained part of the city, with the exception of a few rich houses. There are a few merchants in the space port, and when you get to your ship, you find a girl walking around it, examining it. She has blue hair, glasses, and what looks like an engineer's outfit on.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 08:37 AM
Jetta Nand

Curious, Jetta stops for a moment to watch the girl. Since circumstances don't see all that dangerous, even with his somewhat suspicious nature, he continues walking toward the ship and calls out, "Hey, blue-hair. What're you doing here?"

Morithias
2012-12-10, 09:09 AM
Jetta Nand

Curious, Jetta stops for a moment to watch the girl. Since circumstances don't see all that dangerous, even with his somewhat suspicious nature, he continues walking toward the ship and calls out, "Hey, blue-hair. What're you doing here?"

"Heh, haven't seen one of these in a while." She walks over to you. "Name's Maria, I'm an engineer, specializing in upgrading and overclocking devices to make them perform past normal standards."

She motions to the spaceport. "Most of the starships that come in here are either stolen or are owned by people so rich they're already upgraded. Finding a fresh one like this that's ripe for upgrading and working on? That's rare."

She nods. "Personally I'm getting sick of this planet, but I don't own a ship of my own. My boss doesn't pay me much, and almost all of it goes towards my living expenses. Get me off this rock, and I'm sure I can give your ship a few good upgrades if you can get me some parts. I can't really make this offer to the others in the port."

She points to the 3 other ships stationed. "Unregistered, Owned by a crime lord, Republic Military ship that I'm not allowed to work on. You get the picture."

thechosen2nd
2012-12-10, 09:57 AM
Oriana looks the girl up and down, trying to get a sense of how honest her intentions are.

perception to sense deception: [roll0]

While trying to get a read on the blue-haired girl, she mumbles, more to herself than to anyone else, "well, it certainly would be nice to have some shields..."

Morithias
2012-12-10, 10:00 AM
Oriana looks the girl up and down, trying to get a sense of how honest her intentions are.

perception to sense deception: [roll0]

While trying to get a read on the blue-haired girl, she mumbles, more to herself than to anyone else, "well, it certainly would be nice to have some shields..."

As far as you can tell she's legit.

"Shields huh. Well those are pretty expensive, but if you upgrade weaker ones instead of using the stronger ones, sometimes you can get better effect overall for cheaper. Of course eventually you run out of room, and need to upgrade anyways, but that doesn't happen until you're rolling in credits."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 10:21 AM
Jetta Nand

He looks thoughtful for a second before replying, "So, why should we believe you can do any of what you say?"

As he waits for a response, he walks toward the ship and begins messing with the entry pad to open the boarding ramp.

As a thought occurs to him, he also asks, "And besides getting you off of this rock, what else would you be asking for pay?"

Going to go ahead and sense motive as well.

[roll0]

Morithias
2012-12-10, 10:26 AM
Jetta Nand

He looks thoughtful for a second before replying, "So, why should we believe you can do any of what you say?"

As he waits for a response, he walks toward the ship and begins messing with the entry pad to open the boarding ramp.

As a thought occurs to him, he also asks, "And besides getting you off of this rock, what else would you be asking for pay?"

Going to go ahead and sense motive as well.

[roll0]

"Go to the techshop if you don't believe me. Go ahead, ask me anything."

"Asking for pay? Parts, time, I'm not a magician, I can't upgrade your ship without resources to do so. Believe me if I could upgrade a ship without that stuff, I'd be the richest girl in the galaxy."

Noedig
2012-12-10, 10:32 AM
This wrinkle was...interesting. A mechanic that claimed to be capable of upgrading their ship, and all she wanted in return was off the planet? Curious. He put on his negotiator's grin and took out his datapad.

"Yes, my associate makes a valid point. Ms. Maria, do you have a resumé or other proof of qualifications? Not that I doubt your expertise, merely a formality. If we're going to hire you there's a small amount of bookeeping to be done."

OOC: Just checking, but this girl is human, correct?

Morithias
2012-12-10, 10:35 AM
This wrinkle was...interesting. A mechanic that claimed to be capable of upgrading their ship, and all she wanted in return was off the planet? Curious. He put on his negotiator's grin and took out his datapad.

"Yes, my associate makes a valid point. Ms. Maria, do you have a resumé or other proof of qualifications? Not that I doubt your expertise, merely a formality. If we're going to hire you there's a small amount of bookeeping to be done."

OOC: Just checking, but this girl is human, correct?

As far as you can tell she's human. Might be a changeling (or whatever they're called) or a cyborg. That engineering suit covers a lot of skin, the blue hair doesn't help.

She walks around your ship and starts basically de-constructing it. Going over it's strengths, weaknesses, best upgrades, what they're used for. She then points to the other 3 ships and does the same thing, before long you're convinced, she might know more about your ship than you do.

"And then you just install that part, and boom, increased speed overall, takes a good bit of handling to get used to though." She says, having just explained how to overclock a ship's engines with a few parts.

Noedig
2012-12-10, 10:41 AM
A genuine grin split Crim's face. He replaced his datapad and extended a hand.
"Well Maria, you're hired. Unless any of you have objections?"

Morithias
2012-12-10, 10:43 AM
A genuine grin split Crim's face. He replaced his datapad and extended a hand.
"Well Maria, you're hired. Unless any of you have objections?"

"I'll upgrade you ship at cost, time is free. Any decently developed planet I should be able to make some decent credits on. This place is horrible for the non-criminals, and non-bounty hunters. That's what happens when you live on a planet run by crime lords."

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-10, 11:34 AM
Jack Cranton

Jack shrugs at the negotiations and walks past Maria onto the ship. "Welcome aboard, Blue. See the galaxy, dodge the crime lords. Go ahead and gather your things, we've got some business to discuss but it shouldn't take long."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 12:03 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta nods to signify he's okay with the new hire as the boarding ramp opens. "So, then, shall we all go inside and discuss our jobs?"

With that, he walks up the ramp and heads toward the lounge area. Once there, he leans against one wall and waits for everyone else to be seated.

"For those who don't already know, we have three jobs: retrieval, delivery, and murder, to be vague and blunt. Each pays separately and upon confirmation of completion," he states as he pulls out his datapad and scrolls over it. "We don't have to do all three jobs, but I don't see why we shouldn't do any of them, especially the first two. Our clients have hired us to break into a warehouse, steal a cache of illegal spice, kill the owner of said spice, and deliver it to another location."

He looks to Crim, "Anything else?"

Then, to the room at large, "Any questions before we dive into planning?"

Noedig
2012-12-10, 12:21 PM
"That cover's the vast majority of it. I'm also of the mind that we should do all three jobs. The more money, the better. There was also mention of additional payment for future deliveries of said spice. I think it would be wise to see exactly where our target is acquiring this spice. If we get the name or location of his supplier, we may be able to co-opt their cache. That could ensure future cash flow, and provide us with a substantial sum of money. Thoughts?"

thechosen2nd
2012-12-10, 12:41 PM
Oriana follows Jack on board, rolling her eyes Jovially at his welcoming speech. She smiles at Maria, and adds while she walks by, "I have to admit, it will be nice to have another lady on board, even if it's just for a while. I'll give you a tour of the interior once we finish talking business."

Oriana sits down in the lounge area and fiddles with the settings on her blaster while listening to the conversation. She hesitates momentarily before looking up to add her two cents.
"That all sounds good to me, Crim. My only question is how big this cache of spice is going to be. I mean, are we talking a one-man load, or are we going to need a repulsor lift to get it to the ship?"

"Other than that, I'm just looking forward to a good old fashioned break-in" she adds with a grin.

"We wouldn't happen to have a blueprint of the warehouse, would we? If not, we might have to do some scouting out."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 01:21 PM
Jetta Nand

"We have an address. If we are able to check with some sort of city records, we can probably get a floor plan. If not, it is a cheap warehouse, so the floorplan is likely simple," Jetta replies.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-10, 02:05 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack frowns at the mention of murder. "Who's the target? Is there a bounty available for bringing him in alive?" He pauses for a moment before adding, "Owning spice is no reason for a man to die. I will kill, but I need a better reason."

Noedig
2012-12-10, 02:24 PM
"Apparently he's a petty crimelord, and peddles misery to his clientel. He's a cancer to what little decent society resides on this world. His removal will cause no small amount joy, and no tears. I personally view it as excising rot from a wound. I see no problem."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 02:26 PM
Jetta Nand

"To expand on what Crim has said..." Jetta glances at Crim for his vehemence. "Choushin, a small time crime gone not-as-small. No bounty for alive, if by 'bounty' you mean 'we get paid'," Jetta answers. "The goal of our employers is to cut him out of the spice trade in a rather permanent manner. They may be open to us removing him in some other way, but we did not particularly ask."

Morithias
2012-12-10, 02:35 PM
You hear a happy squee and hear your R3 unit boot up as Maria discovers the droid. "You have an R3 unit! How did you get it!? These are so rare in the outer worlds! It must've cost you a fair amount! Hey! Calm down little guy I'm not going to hurt you I just want to talk! I can speak droid you know!" She then starts to speak in Binary, and you begin to question your decision to bring her on board. Apparently she does love her work at least.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 02:40 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta's eyes cross slightly as he hears the binary squealing coming from the girl in the other room.

He shakes his head and continues, "Like I mentioned, that's the one job that I can see some of you having issue with. If it bothers you, speak up now."

He looks in the direction of the noise. "And you, Arthree. Can you look up the blueprints and any other information about the warehouse?"

Assuming R3 will agree, Jetta will upload the information from his datapad to R3 for the droid's perusal.

Noedig
2012-12-10, 02:46 PM
"Oh. Interesting. Useful too I imagine. How fortuitous.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-10, 03:52 PM
Jack Cranton

"I won't kill a man in cold blood. Sithspit, Jet, I'm a doctor, not an assassin!"

His eyes widen at the burble of binary emerging from the other corners of the ship, "Who's droid is that and why are we letting the passengers walk around freely while we discuss relatively sensitive matters of business?"

thechosen2nd
2012-12-10, 04:43 PM
Oriana's expression turns darker as the conversation turns to killing.
"I've had my fair share of dealings with crime lords and drug traffickers, and the way I see it, we'll be doing the galaxy a whole lot more good than harm. It would be my pleasure to put a blaster bolt between the eyes of a dirty-dealing drug lord, but if Jack is against it, we could always just stun him and bring him back with us."

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-10, 05:46 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack lowers his voice as he answers Oriana, "It doesn't seem to me that killing a man's ever done the galaxy a whole lot of good, girl. There's always somebody ready to take his place. But," he adds sharply, raising his voice and looking around at the rest of the crew, "This really is a conversation we should be having in private. For now, I'm going to see that our guests are appropriately stowed. Oriana, can you join me?"

Walking away from the crew, Jack went in search of Maria and the droid. "Glad to see you've made yourself at home, Blue. If you want to put away your things, Oriana will show you to your bunk. You two will have to share a cabin, I'm afraid."

Turning to the droid, he continues, "Come on, friend. Captain's got some question you might be able to answer." Assuming R3 is amicable, he returns to the crew's warroom and closes the door, his concerns about being overheard somewhat mollified.

Morithias
2012-12-10, 05:51 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack lowers his voice as he answers Oriana, "It doesn't seem to me that killing a man's ever done the galaxy a whole lot of good, girl. There's always somebody ready to take his place. But," he adds sharply, raising his voice and looking around at the rest of the crew, "This really is a conversation we should be having in private. For now, I'm going to see that our guests are appropriately stowed. Oriana, can you join me?"

Walking away from the crew, Jack went in search of Maria and the droid. "Glad to see you've made yourself at home, Blue. If you want to put away your things, Oriana will show you to your bunk. You two will have to share a cabin, I'm afraid."

Turning to the droid, he continues, "Come on, friend. Captain's got some question you might be able to answer." Assuming R3 is amicable, he returns to the crew's warroom and closes the door, his concerns about being overheard somewhat mollified.

"Right...right...sorry about that." She nods. "I'll just...yeah..go do that." She walks off to her cabin to finish her unpacking.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-10, 07:15 PM
The black and silver R3 unit glides into the lounge where the others are having their meeting. It stops in the middle of the room and spins its dome from left to right, scanning the various creatures in the ship.

If a droid could frown, R3-PO would be. This group was hardly what he had in mind when he decided to play his little waiting game. But, they would have to do, for now. Ignoring the strange blue haired girl he turns his dome toward Jetta and wheels a tad in his direction, emmiting a serious of flat beeping tones [I take it you are the captain? And you and your...friends have recently purchased this vessel. Is this correct? I am R3-PO. I've been waiting for a talented crew to take me off this planet. I was designed and built back on Nar-Shadaa, and can offer my technical services. I noticed you have an...engineer,] the droid turns his dome to indicate Maria. [However, I have certain other...abilities you might find useful. For instance, you said something about blueprints to a warehouse? I could probably acquire such an item...provided you don't mind me skirting the edge of what passes for the law on this rock.]

Noedig
2012-12-10, 09:11 PM
"Nice to have you aboard, R3-PO. 'Law' is a strong word to use, and I don't think skirting it will draw undue attention, provided you are good at what you do. The problem's name is Choushin. Would you please see what you can find?"

Holocron Coder
2012-12-10, 09:52 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta snorts at the droid's comment about 'law'. "We don't exactly operate in legal channels much of the time. And I'm sure the result of getting those blueprints will be even less legal than getting them," he comments. "Hack away."

He pauses a moment. "And thanks."

thechosen2nd
2012-12-10, 10:02 PM
Oriana hops up and follows Jack over towards Maria, and the R3 unit.
"Well, would you look at that! How'd the astromech droid get on our ship?"

She shows Maria over to their cabin, and points to the open bunk.
"This one is yours. We've got to finish discussing our plans at the moment, but I'll come back in a bit to help you finish unpacking. I'd love to hear about what sorts of improvements for the ship you might recommend. Anyway, better run, but it really is great to have you aboard!"

She then returns to the main lounge to rejoin the rest of the crew.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-10, 10:52 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack watches the exchange between R3-PO, Crim, and Jetta with interest, narrowing his eyes at the droid's incomprehensible bleeps and blurps. Seeing that whatever the droid said seemed to convince the Captain, however, Jack began to relax. "Repo, I don't know what you said, but if they trust you, I trust you. Welcome aboard." He extends a hand unthinkingly to the droid before withdrawing it awkwardly.

"Now to business. Captain, you know I've got no problem thieving, and less smuggling. Especially from a guy like this. But I don't hold with killing, even a petty crimelord, unless it comes down to him or one of us. I'll be the first to blast the sithspawn that comes at one of us, and I've no shame in vaporizing druk for a cause. But credits ain't that cause. Not for me."

He pauses, slightly embarrassed by his speech. "You guys do this job and I'll back you up. It sounds like the galaxy won't miss one more two-bit nerfherder, and it may even be a better place. But I won't take the shot, and I won't take the pay. I'll be there for the spice and to make sure you all stay alive, that's all I signed up for."

Noedig
2012-12-11, 01:03 AM
"That's certainly your prerogative, and I won't force you to do anything you find something morally objectionable. But we did take this job, so it does need to be done.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-11, 04:12 AM
Jetta Nand

"I won't hold a man's morals against him," Jetta states, looking over at Jack. "As long as you're willing to fire if he does first."

He smirks a bit. "Plus, it seems as if Crim here is itching to do it himself."

Noedig
2012-12-11, 01:13 PM
Crim shrugged and put on an impish smirk.

"Eh, I'm not eager per say. He is a bad man. We are to make him a dead bad man. If we make him a dead bad man, we are paid. If we are paid, we get to eat."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-11, 02:32 PM
With the crew discussing murder and payment, R3 decides he will go ahead with his part of this operation. He rolls toward the cockpick, stopping at the doorway as it slides up. He spins his dome around and emits his flat, tuneless binary again, [Well, I will let you continue your plans. Accessing the city council's secure network could take up to an hour. I'll let you know when I have what you need.] With that, he glides away down the hall.

Once in the cockpit, he plugs himself into the ship's computer. Logging on to the spaceport's public network, he starts his slice...
Access remote system: Use Computer [roll0]
Improve computer's attitude toward me: Use Computer [roll1]
Access information, get warehouse blueprints and security layouts: Use Computer [roll2]

Morithias
2012-12-11, 02:35 PM
With the crew discussing murder and payment, R3 decides he will go ahead with his part of this operation. He rolls toward the cockpick, stopping at the doorway as it slides up. He spins his dome around and emits his flat, tuneless binary again, [Well, I will let you continue your plans. Accessing the city council's secure network could take up to an hour. I'll let you know when I have what you need.] With that, he glides away down the hall.

Once in the cockpit, he plugs himself into the ship's computer. Logging on to the spaceport's public network, he starts his slice...
Access remote system: Use Computer [roll0]
Improve computer's attitude toward me: Use Computer [roll1]
Access information, get warehouse blueprints and security layouts: Use Computer [roll2]

You make it in and access the computer files and upload the blueprints. It's a very basic warehouse. With virtually no cover spots. You'll have to use whatever they have stored in their as cover, or talk your way in. You could just barge in and attack, but depending on how many men he has that could turn ugly.

Do you search for anything else?

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-11, 02:41 PM
R3 lets out a little amused tone to himself, this was too easy...he decides to keep digging. He digs deeper, trying to find any information he can about the building's owner and his known associates...

Access information on Choushin: Use Computer [roll0]

Morithias
2012-12-11, 02:44 PM
R3 lets out a little amused tone to himself, this was too easy...he decides to keep digging. He digs deeper, trying to find any information he can about the building's owner and his known associates...

Access information on Choushin: Use Computer [roll0]

He's a citizen of the planet. Young adult male. Human. Born 24 years ago. Has a criminal record of illegal gambling, and a few assault and battery charges from bar fights. Licensed to own a firearm.

Any other info on him?

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-11, 02:58 PM
R3 patches himself into the ships communications systems, informing the other crew that he has the blue prints, and he is currently logged into the city's files on Choushin. [Since I am not familiar with the specifics of your...job...is there anyt information on this man, Choushin, that you wish me to find? I ask not only as a courtesy, but also as a demonstration of my...report with other machines...]

Access information (specifics on Choushin's criminal history): Use Computer [roll0]

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-11, 02:58 PM
Jack Cranton

While obviously not thrilled with the decision, Jack does seem to relax now that it's been made. "Right. I'm glad that's over with. Now let's get down to business."

He straightens and raises his voice, trying to imitate the Colonel's attitude to mission planning, "We need to know how much spice we're after, and how we intend to transport it back to the Kestrel. While Repo is finding out the buildings plans and security, we should be able to plan at least these routes through basic commuter maps and information. Jet, think your ship can pull us up a map of the region with general traffic patterns?"

Assuming we get those general maps, I'll try to draw upon my military training to plan our best routes of access and escape.

Knowledge (Tactics): [roll0]

Holocron Coder
2012-12-11, 03:15 PM
Jetta Nand

"Like Jack said, we need to know how much cargo he has in that warehouse. Do we need to hold it while we load the ship, or is it enough to carry in a satchel or on our persons?" Jetta notes.

He walks over to R3 and stands next to him. "Are you able to find any information about how many people might be at the warehouse? Some clue as to how many thugs he's hired for protection."

While waiting for an answer, Jetta goes over the armament of the ship, debating the feasibility of using the ship to take out opposition at the warehouse. The local law enforcement, whatever it might be, would likely not appreciate that, he imagines.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-11, 03:29 PM
Jack Cranton

"Our employers didn't tell you how much spice we would be transporting?" he asked Jetta incredulously, "How could you set a fee without knowing what were bringing?"

Noedig
2012-12-11, 03:30 PM
"Oh! Thank you for reminding me, Jack. R3-PO, would it possible to find where Choushin is getting his spice from? That might be useful to know later. And Jack, the offered payment leads me to believe that the amount of spice may be significant, as in, more than a person can carry. The ship might be useful in that regard. What do you call it? A quick 'dust-off'?"

Holocron Coder
2012-12-11, 03:33 PM
Jetta snorts. "The amount they told us was 'all of it'. Would have been useful to know more, but they didn't seem like the talkative type," he replies. "But if he actually needs a warehouse for the material, it's like a good amount. If we can't find out exactly, we'll assume the worst and bring the ship in to the warehouse. So, those air traffic reports should be very useful."

He looks thoughtful a moment, then mentions, "Knowing the response time of the local militia for that area might be useful."

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-11, 04:23 PM
Jack Cranton

"I don't know if I trust this hunk of junk to survive a dust off," answered Jack dryly, "With no shields, I don't see us lasting long against any air force. Secrecy may be our best approach, even with Maria's promised upgrades. Could Oriana do some conventional scouting, even while Repo handles electronic surveillance?"

thechosen2nd
2012-12-11, 04:34 PM
Oriana walks over to the console where R3 is bringing in the information. Assuming R3 brought up a screen with the blueprint information, Oriana will examine it, thinking aloud: "I wonder what kind of security precautions they have?"

I'm looking for information about any security scanners/cameras, as well as any information about the doors, locking mechanisms, etc. that might be in the blueprints R3 brought up. Maybe a stretch, but I figure it's worth a try.

Oriana's ears perk up at Jack's mention of "conventional scouting."
"I'd love to. I was starting to feel a little cooped up anyway. Permission to make a scouting run, cap'n?"

Holocron Coder
2012-12-11, 04:39 PM
Jetta Nand

"More information wouldn't be bad. Feel free, Oriana. Just be careful out there. We don't need to pull of this job while rescuing you on top of it," he replies. His tone is obviously jesting, but cautionary.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-11, 04:44 PM
R3 responds with a short, somewhat annoyed, tone. But he digs deeper still, trying to find recent surveillance data from the warehouse, hoping to see how much opposition they might be facing and how much spice there actually is...

Access data (surveillance of warehouse): [roll0]

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-11, 04:58 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack wanders over to a terminal and pulls up the data R3 has found so far, trying to find anything useful for planning a raid.

Knowledge (Tactics) [roll0]

Morithias
2012-12-11, 05:19 PM
R3 responds with a short, somewhat annoyed, tone. But he digs deeper still, trying to find recent surveillance data from the warehouse, hoping to see how much opposition they might be facing and how much spice there actually is...

Access data (surveillance of warehouse): [roll0]

The warehouse has no security cameras on the inside. The locks are normal locks, easily hackable by anyone who doesn't botch their attempt. You manage to hack the street cameras, and get a view of the warehouse outside. Two guards on the outside. Don't look too bright, generic thugs more than anything. This guy really doesn't buy quality over quantity.

thechosen2nd
2012-12-11, 05:28 PM
"Don't worry about me, captain. I'll keep you posted on the comm channel."

Oriana collects up her gear hastily, and strides out the door.

I guess I'm kind of assuming this place is walking distance... Is it? or should we fly the Kestrel closer first?

Morithias
2012-12-11, 05:30 PM
"Don't worry about me, captain. I'll keep you posted on the comm channel."

Oriana collects up her gear hastily, and strides out the door.

I guess I'm kind of assuming this place is walking distance... Is it? or should we fly the Kestrel closer first?

It's within walking distance yes. In a shadier part of town. Lots of shadier types, from thugs, to hackers, to um....x-rated services, make their home here. The rent is cheap though.

thechosen2nd
2012-12-11, 06:43 PM
Are there alleyways or roads on the sides of the building? I want to try to search for any entrances (windows, vents, etc.) other than the main entrance I assume the guards are in front of. If it would be possible to casually walk by the sides/back of the building as if I were on my way to another building, I would do that, but if not, I'll engage stealth mode :smallamused:

Stealth to sneak: [roll0]
Perception to search for other entrances: [roll]1d20+6[roll]
Perception for just general perceptiveness*: [roll1]

*to get a general description of what I'm looking at. The kind of stuff I want to know is:
How many guards do I see? What weapons do they appear to be wielding? Can I hear them saying anything?
How big is the building? What is it made of? (does it look climbable?) How about the roof? Are other buildings nearby?
Is the surrounding area busy? Do I notice any cops around?
I mean, I'm not asking for an essay or anything, I would just like something to work with.

Morithias
2012-12-11, 07:04 PM
1. Are there alleyways or roads on the sides of the building? I want to try to search for any entrances (windows, vents, etc.) other than the main entrance I assume the guards are in front of. If it would be possible to casually walk by the sides/back of the building as if I were on my way to another building, I would do that, but if not, I'll engage stealth mode :smallamused:

Stealth to sneak: [roll0]
Perception to search for other entrances: [roll]1d20+6[roll]
Perception for just general perceptiveness*: [roll1]

*to get a general description of what I'm looking at. The kind of stuff I want to know is:
2. How many guards do I see? 3. What weapons do they appear to be wielding? 4. Can I hear them saying anything? 5. How big is the building? 6. What is it made of? 7. (does it look climbable?) 8.How about the roof? Are other buildings nearby?
9. Is the surrounding area busy? 10. Do I notice any cops around?
I mean, I'm not asking for an essay or anything, I would just like something to work with.

1. No, it's a solid building with two other buildings directly beside it. Likely being used for their own purposes.
2. Two out front
3. Basic blasters and vibroblades
4. They're complaining about the lack of pay, while one argues that at least nothing ever happens so they're getting paid to stand and talk.
5. Fairly big, big enough to serve as a hanger at least. Sci-fi scale.
6. Metal
7. No
8. Too big to see over.
9. Just some random passerby and a few sexily dressed women
10. Not currently.

thechosen2nd
2012-12-11, 07:27 PM
Oriana will casually wander around the block, staying ever alert for any other useful information or anyone who appears to be acting suspiciously while she discretely reports in to the rest of the crew over her comlink.

"I'm really not seeing any alternative entrances- It's looking like we'll have to go in and out the front door. Although I guess you could probably already tell that from the blueprints, huh R3? Anyway, on the bright side, the guards are complaining about their terrible wages, so they will most likely be bribe-able. They don't look too bright either... I bet they would be pretty easy to lure away from the door with a good enough distraction. Which, I believe, is more your area of expertise, captain."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-12, 03:27 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta frowns, starting to think of how to pull off a distraction that wouldn't hurt his pride.

Well, too much, anyway.

"Alright, stay there and continue reporting on anything. The rest of us will head over soon," he directs to Oriana. He closes the connection and turns to the rest of the crew. "Are we ready?"

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-12, 07:25 PM
Jack Cranton

Jack interrupts Jetta,
"Captain, I don't mean to delay, but if those guards are as bad as she says, maybe we could get hired in their place. Nothing wrong with getting paid twice, and life would be far easier if we were the only guards we had to worry about."

Picking up his own commlink, he adds to Oriana, "Any nearby buildings with a flat rooftop? If it does come to a fight, I'd like to be stationed up top where I could provide cover fire for our withdrawal."

thechosen2nd
2012-12-12, 11:59 PM
Perception to see if any nearby buildings look climbable, and have flat roofs:
[roll0]

Morithias
2012-12-13, 12:00 AM
Perception to see if any nearby buildings look climbable, and have flat roofs:
[roll0]

None of them look climbable, and they're too tall to see the roofs unless you have some kind of jetpack. They're probably flat though, like most apartments and warehouses are.

Noedig
2012-12-13, 11:11 AM
Crim chuckled dryly.

"Jack, that is completely, inexcusably underhanded. Well done."

thechosen2nd
2012-12-13, 12:32 PM
"Well, Jack, I can't really see onto the roofs, but they probably are flat...the problem will be getting on to them. None of the buildings really look climbable. Does anyone have a grappling hook and liquid cable dispenser, or maybe an ascension gun? Other then that, all I can think of is dropping you off on a roof with the ship... but that would probably attract a bit of attention..."

A grappling hook+liquid cable dispenser comes with a utility belt, and would reach 15 meters, which is like 5 stories. Would that be enough, Morithias? Although, it's irrelevant if no one bought a utility belt.

Morithias
2012-12-13, 12:35 PM
"Well, Jack, I can't really see onto the roofs, but they probably are flat...the problem will be getting on to them. None of the buildings really look climbable. Does anyone have a grappling hook and liquid cable dispenser, or maybe an ascension gun? Other then that, all I can think of is dropping you off on a roof with the ship... but that would probably attract a bit of attention..."

A grappling hook+liquid cable dispenser comes with a utility belt, and would reach 15 meters, which is like 5 stories. Would that be enough, Morithias? Although, it's irrelevant if no one bought a utility belt.

I don't understand what the obsession with the roof is. This is Star Wars not batman, there are no roof windows in any building I can recall.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-13, 12:53 PM
Jack Cranton

"Understood Oriana, no worries," replied Jack. "We're working on another plan back at the Kestrel, why don't you return to us and we'll fill you in. Cranton out."

Jack put down the com and turned to Crim and Jetta, "Glad you like the idea. Think you and the Captain can make it happen? I could come along with you to demonstrate military training, if that would help, but this is your game. Just tell us how to help.

thechosen2nd
2012-12-13, 01:08 PM
"On my way."

Oriana returns to the ship.

By the way, what time is it? Might be a good idea to wait until night?

Morithias
2012-12-13, 01:18 PM
"On my way."

Oriana returns to the ship.

By the way, what time is it? Might be a good idea to wait until night?

It's uh...mid-afternoon, on whatever..timey...wimey...scale...they use in this Galaxy.

I can't say "3 pm" because how do you define a "day" as a single term in a galaxy wide federation? Seriously standards of time must be brutally hard to keep track of.

Noedig
2012-12-13, 01:22 PM
"If Jetta would be so kind as to explain the particular details of our skill set, I'm sure I can draw up an attractive contract. Maybe net us another thousand? I won't know until we meet the target."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-13, 02:39 PM
Jetta Nand

"For being hired by the target?" Jetta confirms. "If that's the case, whatever we say only has to be plausible, not necessarily true. Bit of truth, mostly impressive 'former jobs' that he won't have time to look into, or can't," he suggests.

After a moment, he sighs, "I'm still going to have to pull the guards away, won't I? Can we at least take them out once they're out of sight, so I don't have to keep distracting them?"

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-13, 02:47 PM
Jack Cranton

"Why lure them away at all?" asks Jack. "Couldn't we just tell them we've business with their boss. We'll wait peaceful like while they run and fetch him or a slightly higher paid flunky. If they're fired, they leave for us."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-13, 02:52 PM
Jetta Nand

"Easier to claim their incompetence if we can catch them out on something. Being not there at all is rather incompetent, I imagine," Jetta replies. "Otherwise we going to provide evidence that we're somehow better without any real proof that we are."

He shrugs. "At least, as far as my logic dictates. You think something else would work?"

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-13, 03:19 PM
Jack Cranton

The soldier shrugs, "I'm a simple man. I thought we could just shoot them in front of their employer." After a moment he adds, "With stun, of course. I have no preference."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-13, 04:00 PM
Jetta Nand

Jetta almost laughs at the image that springs to mind. "Well, don't rule that idea out, yet."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-13, 08:42 PM
R3 finally turns from the console and addresses the group, [And in this scheme, I am to play the helpful droid companion of your...mercenary band, I take it? I would be most interested to see what the security on the inside is like...you will proceed much faster with your goals (regardless of how your plan turns out,) with an eye on the target and his men...also, if anything turns ugly, I am not armed with the most potent of weaponry at present. Better I provide more...tactical assistance. Depending on the systems inside, I may be able to provide...distractions and cover...]

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-13, 10:27 PM
Jack Cranton

Turning towards the droid, Jack answers despite his utter ignorance of binary, "Oh good. You've finished the download then? Do you mind projecting a holograph of the plans?"

thechosen2nd
2012-12-13, 10:57 PM
Oriana smiles at Jack's mistake, but says nothing about it, instead turning to the rest of the group:
"In terms of offing the guards, I'm not sure how we would go about it. The area wasn't crowded by any means, but I'd still have to imagine that someone would notice if we just shot them out in the streets. I didn't really see any dark alleyways to use to our advantage either. I think the best method will be to use a momentary distraction to slip into the building, and then explain to the target that the guards weren't at their post. All you'd need to do, captain, is give them a compelling reason to walk away from their post for half a minute. You could pretend to be all trustworthy, and tell them that you would watch the door for them while they talk to one of the...escorts... out on the street. Or something. I don't know, you all probably could come up with a better idea than that, but there's my two credits. No sense getting in a shoot-out and risk getting killed by a lucky shot if we can avoid it..."

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-14, 11:24 AM
[Gladly...] R3 responds tonelessly. And a holographic image of the building appears, hovering just in front of the droid.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-14, 02:18 PM
Jetta Nand

"I doubt they'd listen to anyone that just walked in off the street asking them to leave their post for a moment," Jetta comments aloud. "Tricking them away might be easier, as distasteful as it may be."

He looks at the rest of the group. "So, that the plan? I distract the guards and get them away from the door, the rest of you walk in and get 'hired' because the current guards are horrible. Then, once we're the only ones really around, we take out the leader and walk away with the cargo?"

Noedig
2012-12-14, 02:48 PM
"I like this plan. If it goes well, we'll have control of the situation."

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-14, 03:11 PM
Jack Cranton

"Just make sure we're hired to protect the spice. I'd hate to be accused of breaking our contract," adds Jack.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-14, 03:32 PM
The holographic image flickers for a moment as R3 makes a short series of beeps that sound a bit like a chortle at Jack's quip.

thechosen2nd
2012-12-14, 08:42 PM
"Sounds like we're all in agreement then. Let's get to it."

Holocron Coder
2012-12-17, 09:26 AM
Jetta Nand

"Alright, then," Jetta comments, grabbing his gear as the rest do the same.

After a few moments, the group of them head out and start towards the warehouse's location. Upon arriving around the corner from the entrance, Jetta will peek around said corner to see if the guards Oriana had seen were still there.

[roll0] in case it matters :smallsmile:

Morithias
2012-12-17, 09:30 AM
Two guards there. Don't seem to be the same ones though. Apparently this guy cycles his guards. Say one thing about this guy, he's not an idiot who leaves them to fall asleep on duty. You'll actually need to get past these guys.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-17, 09:41 AM
Jetta Nand

Jetta frowns. "Looks like our original idea may have just gone out the window. Different guards, more alert, more professional. Doubt we can call them lazy and get away with it."

He looks to the others in the group. "Unless someone has a better idea, we might just have to gunfight this one."

Morithias
2012-12-17, 09:45 AM
What I meant is that it's not 6 hours later and the first two are on the verge of collapsing. They still look like generic thugs. It's just that this guy isn't leaving the same guys 24/7 so that someone just walks in while they're asleep.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's meant to represent that this guy is smarter than he appears. He's not making stupid mistakes like that....at least not yet.

Holocron Coder
2012-12-17, 09:52 AM
Ah, well, then scratch my last post.

Jetta Nand

"So, looks like we can still pull these guards away. If I distract them and get them to come over here, you think you guys can take them out quickly and quietly? Then I shift back and we all head in and claim there were no guards?" He looks to the group for confirmation of this detail before moving on.

Lepre_Khan
2012-12-17, 10:17 AM
Jack Cranton

"Right here?" asks the soldier. "If you want Captain, we'll do it. Lets just be fast. Don't jet them call in. And set your blasters to stun. No need for these men to die."

He takes the rifle off his back and sets it to stun, ready to shoot the first guard he sees.

kind_of_a_ROBOT
2012-12-17, 02:55 PM
R3 rolls silently up behind Jack, a small panel on his chassis sliding open to reveal the long, slender barrel of a sporting blaster. His integrated systems set the weapon for stun. His visual sensor blinks once to indicate he is prepared.

thechosen2nd
2012-12-17, 09:04 PM
Oriana flips her blaster pistol into stun, and shelters it beneath her camouflage pancho.
"we'll be waiting right here, captain."