PDA

View Full Version : Cleric character insperation

Drizzcon
2012-12-07, 12:41 PM
I'm trying to find some more inspiration for my clerics backstory and personality. If anyone could suggest some cleric type books or anything you think I could draw some inspiration from it would be much appreciated.

I have already read cleric quintet

Feralventas
2012-12-07, 12:46 PM
The Villain from Bloodwalk.

Michael from the Dresden Files is more of a Paladin, but cleric might work too.

Elminster is technically a Cleric of Mystra, though mostly wizard and simply religious rather than acting as an outright cleric.

Liriel takes up Mystra as a patron as well later in her series.

The Empyrean Odessy follows a number of characters, a cleric of [spoiler] included.

A lot of faith-based mage characters from a number of different series and perspectives might work for you.

Really, you might consider just making a character and finding domains and spells that fit the character rather than basing the character around the mechanics.

BowStreetRunner
2012-12-07, 12:56 PM
This is a bit more unusual, as it is not considered a fantasy resource, but there is a great site online with information about the backgrounds of all of the Catholic Saints (http://www.catholic-saints.info/).

navar100
2012-12-07, 01:22 PM
Constantine

Friar Tuck

Father Imperius (Ladyhawk - which by the way is where I took the moniker "navar" though spelled differently :smallbiggrin:)

Philip (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides)