PDA

View Full Version : Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-Menu! [3.5 Dwarf Build Help]

Tokuhara
2012-12-07, 12:45 PM
DM just said that the Holy Warrior Cleric is a banned ACF because it's "Too Powerful."

So I decided on this (note, any [] is reference book & page #)

Race: Earth Dwarf [UA 16]
Class: Warblade [Bo9S 20-26] 3/Ironforge Dwarf Racial Class [D20 WoW RPG 35] 3/ Dwarf Paragon [UA 33-35] 3/Deepwarden [RoS 105-107] 2/Great Rift Deep Defender [ShS 24-26] 4/Deepstone Sentinel [Bo9s 105-108] 5

Feats:
1 - Bullheaded, Endurance (flaw), Power Attack (Flaw)
3 - Steadfast Determination
6 - Dodge
9 - Toughness
12 - Battle Hardened
15 - Titain Fighting
18 - ?

Help Please???

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 07:19 PM
Anyone out there got any suggestions?

jguy
2012-12-08, 07:43 PM
Steadfast Determination gets you Con to will saves and you don't fail fort saves on a 1

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 07:46 PM
Can I get a book for that feat?

My goal is to be Dwarfy. Not just Dwarfy, but the most dwarfy dwarf who ever dwarfed a dwarf (if that at all makes sense).

jguy
2012-12-08, 08:19 PM
players handbook 2. Here (http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/steadfast-determination--2761/) is a quick link

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 08:22 PM
players handbook 2. Here (http://dndtools.eu/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/steadfast-determination--2761/) is a quick link

Thanks. My Goodge-fu was weak today. Any other suggestions?

jguy
2012-12-08, 08:28 PM
I don't know if it is in Races of Stone, but I think there is a feat that increases you racial +2 bonus vs spells to +4. Its like 3 feats in one for your dwarf.

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 08:36 PM
I don't know if it is in Races of Stone, but I think there is a feat that increases you racial +2 bonus vs spells to +4. Its like 3 feats in one for your dwarf.

That'd be Battle Hardened, which ain't bad for 12th level

Chilingsworth
2012-12-08, 08:55 PM
There's also either a feat or a PrC that gives you your racial dodge bonus to AC against anything larger than you, rather than just giants.

Wyntonian
2012-12-08, 08:58 PM
...Why do you have toughness and dodge as feats? There's plenty of better options.

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 09:03 PM
...Why do you have toughness and dodge as feats? There's plenty of better options.

Feat Taxes. Great Rift Deep Defender requires Endurance, Toughness, and Dodge.

And the Feat is Titain Fighting

Seharvepernfan
2012-12-08, 09:16 PM
I think straight Crusader is the dwarfiest dwarf that ever dwarfed.

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 09:20 PM
I think straight Crusader is the dwarfiest dwarf that ever dwarfed.

I just don't like the crusader. And the picture of Vardalak Axebearer just set the tone

Seharvepernfan
2012-12-08, 10:58 PM
I just don't like the crusader. And the picture of Vardalak Axebearer just set the tone

That's fine. I'm just saying, when it comes to crunch, crusader is the dwarfest. Immortal Fortitude? Can't beat that.

Tokuhara
2012-12-08, 10:59 PM
That's fine. I'm just saying, when it comes to crunch, crusader is the dwarfest. Immortal Fortitude? Can't beat that.

What does it do and where is it?

jguy
2012-12-08, 11:08 PM
Take Improved Toughness in place of Toughness. More HP and it counts as Toughness as pre-reqs

Seharvepernfan
2012-12-09, 01:33 AM
What does it do and where is it?

It's an 8th level Devoted Spirit stance. It let's you ignore a few hits that would take you below 1 hp if you make a fortitude save equal to the damage dealt. You can do that three times per round, at every new round you have to reactivate the stance (which I think is a swift action). Basically, as long as you don't get really crushed in a given round, you can keep fighting forever.

Tokuhara
2012-12-09, 06:06 PM
Take Improved Toughness in place of Toughness. More HP and it counts as Toughness as pre-reqs

My DM said it doesn't count as a replacement for toughness. He's a Rules Lawyer

Morph Bark
2012-12-09, 06:09 PM

But is that feat tax really worth it? What does Great Rift Deep Defender give? I've never heard of it before.

Tokuhara
2012-12-09, 06:16 PM
+3 Dodge to AC, Hold the Line as a Bonus Feat, Uncanny Dodge, +4 vs Bullrush/Trip, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Full BAB and d12 HD

Morph Bark
2012-12-09, 06:26 PM
Don't you get half those things from Deepwarden? And if you switch one of those feats out for Titan Fighting, you get the Dodge bonus too (better even). And unless Hold The Line has more than one prerequisite, you can get it with the feats slots you freed up, and use the levels you freed up for other classes to get more stuff to make you even dwarfier!

...or is this just to take levels in as many dwarf-related PrCs as possible? (Considering you even put in WoW RPG material. :smallconfused: Where is Great Rift Deep Defender even from btw?)

Tokuhara
2012-12-09, 06:29 PM
Don't you get half those things from Deepwarden? And if you switch one of those feats out for Titan Fighting, you get the Dodge bonus too (better even). And unless Hold The Line has more than one prerequisite, you can get it with the feats slots you freed up, and use the levels you freed up for other classes to get more stuff to make you even dwarfier!

...or is this just to take levels in as many dwarf-related PrCs as possible? (Considering you even put in WoW RPG material. :smallconfused: Where is Great Rift Deep Defender even from btw?)

Little of both. Dwarf PrCs with powah!!!

And it's in Shining South

herrhauptmann
2012-12-09, 06:34 PM

Improved Toughness should count for regular toughness as a prereq.
There's at least 3 forms of Dodge, (desert wind, midnight blue, and another) that all count exactly like Dodge for the purpose of prereqs, and all are better.
Note, some of those don't work well with certain feats/class features. If you have to declare a dodge target to use your feat, but your alternate dodge doesn't have a dodge target, then you can't use the feat/class feature.

Dwarfy options:
Fistbeard Beardfist build.
Perhaps be non-dwarf, and take stoneblessed:dwarf. Now you're a halfminotaur/lesser earth genasi (+1 LA, with +14 str) with levels in great rift defender. Take the 3 levels out of great rift defender. If I remember right, it's as bad as dwarven defender. Though the advantages you get for squeezing come up a lot more often when you're size large.

Holy Warrior Cleric ACF? Complete Champion?

Tokuhara
2012-12-09, 06:45 PM
Improved Toughness should count for regular toughness as a prereq.
There's at least 3 forms of Dodge, (desert wind, midnight blue, and another) that all count exactly like Dodge for the purpose of prereqs, and all are better.
Note, some of those don't work well with certain feats/class features. If you have to declare a dodge target to use your feat, but your alternate dodge doesn't have a dodge target, then you can't use the feat/class feature.

Dwarfy options:
Fistbeard Beardfist build.
Perhaps be non-dwarf, and take stoneblessed:dwarf. Now you're a halfminotaur/lesser earth genasi (+1 LA, with +14 str) with levels in great rift defender. Take the 3 levels out of great rift defender. If I remember right, it's as bad as dwarven defender. Though the advantages you get for squeezing come up a lot more often when you're size large.

Holy Warrior Cleric ACF? Complete Champion?

Hence the decisions on the table here. While yes, Great Rift Deep Defender is "Poor Man's Dwarven Defender," I love the fluff they gave it, and getting both halves of Uncanny Dodge, a bonus AC (as the party "Tank," that'll be useful against Creature with 80 bazillion natural attacks) is groovy as heck.

And Holy Warrior is from Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting. You trade both domains for d10 HD, Full BAB, and proficiency with your deity's weapon. Other than that, you're a cleric