PDA

View Full Version : Give me Ideas for picking a class/Pr.C

Kerilstrasz
2012-12-07, 05:23 PM
Ok...
champs start at lvl 6 and he is going to reach max lvl8.
starting gold 13k.
All books allowed (no mags, no ToB)
No Evil

Expecting to reach his pick power at lvl 6 max at lvl7.

I don't need full builds...
just ClassX/Pr.C.X
and maybe some necessary additional info in a spoiler (like mandatory feats or gear)

thnx for help :)

Tokuhara
2012-12-07, 05:59 PM
Here's my thought.

If playing D&D 3.5:

Personally, I have a lot of fun with the simple things in life. If you like wrecking people's days, a Whisper Gnome (Races of Stone) Druid 6/Rogue 3/Horizon Walker 10 is a hoot. Pick the Changing planar terrain and you get Dimensional Door. Now, you are a better assassin than any true stealth class. Combine this with a Wildshape form with Pounce and Invisibility and sneak attack whomever looks at you funny. For added fun, cast Greater Magic Fang on your Wildshaped natural weapons (remember, you pretty much HAVE to take Natural Spell) and now you get enchantment bonuses to your claw/claw/bite routine. And you will 9/10 get sneak attack because your Animal Companion/party members should be engaged with Meathead A when you Teleport-Charge-Pounce their buttocks.

If playing Pathfinder:

Do you like playing a god? Do you like watching stupid sods cowering at your feet as you turn their pathetic lives on their heads?

then this is your build:

Race: Samsaran (The reincarnated humans with +int) with the Mystic Past Life alternate racial feature. Choose Witch
Class: Wizard (Wood School)/Pathfinder Savant/Magaambyan Arcanist

Now, you have the potential to have EVERY spell in pathfinder. From every list. In your spellbook. Available for your cosmic pleasure.

Hope these help you out.

docnessuno
2012-12-07, 06:17 PM
Duskblade 5 / Abjurant champion 3

Persuade your DM to add shield to the duskblade list, either for free or with a little fee (see: spell research in the DMG)

Fun, effective, easy to play.

Mandatory Feats:
Power attack
Knowledge devotion

Useful gear:
Strenght boosting items
Belt of Battle
Drake Helm (Can solve the Shield problem and can give you some other juicy touch spells and/or wraithstrike)

Amidus Drexel
2012-12-07, 06:21 PM
I'm going to assume 3.5 - feel free to disregard this if not.

Hrm... levels 6-8... What sort of build are you looking for?

Some suggestions off the top of my head:

Warlock 8, perhaps? I would suggest taking Eldritch Glaive and going from there. I'm sure there are some good PrC's for a glaivelock, but I can't think of any right now.

A changeling barbarian 4 (or other full BAB classes)/warshaper 4? That nets you 2 rages/day (or 4 levels of other class features), along with all the fun things warshaper provides.

Kerilstrasz
2012-12-07, 07:31 PM
Warlock 8, perhaps?

i was thinking warlock but from the ranged approach

[B]Duskblade 5

hmm.. if i pick glaive lock... couldn't i get duskblade 3/lock3 to channel through glaive and get the armor casting too??? just a thought...

btw its 3,5.. sorry didnt mention it at OP..

generally i d preffer a ranged dmg dealer (not full caster)
or a precision mellee (or ranged) champ...

how about empirial crossbow man?

nedz
2012-12-07, 10:00 PM
Scout 3/Warlock 3 with Imp Skirmish — then more warlock
Gets you a blast of 5d6 at 6th, 6d6 at 8th — provided you move.
It does cost you Invocations, and you won't get Lessers until 9th, and Quicken SLA will be 3 levels late.

Scout 3/Sorcerer 3 with Imp Skirmish — then more Sorcerer works better

Scout 3/Wizard 3 with Imp Skirmish — then more Wizard works better still, obviously.

Kerilstrasz
2012-12-08, 08:29 AM
Scout 3/Warlock 3 with Imp Skirmish — then more warlock
Gets you a blast of 5d6 at 6th, 6d6 at 8th — provided you move.
It does cost you Invocations, and you won't get Lessers until 9th, and Quicken SLA will be 3 levels late.

Scout 3/Sorcerer 3 with Imp Skirmish — then more Sorcerer works better

Scout 3/Wizard 3 with Imp Skirmish — then more Wizard works better still, obviously.

Imp Skirmish requires 2d6/1AC.. that means scout lvl5...

nedz
2012-12-08, 09:46 AM
Imp Skirmish requires 2d6/1AC.. that means scout lvl5...

Oops — I must have mis-remembered the pre-reqs.

Ed: I was confusing this with Scout 3/ Ranger 2 + Swift Hunter.

Kerilstrasz
2012-12-08, 10:07 AM
well.. i concluded to have either a lock build either a healer/HHoM
since i have a built ready for the later you can keep helping if you like
here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263752

Edit: PS: btw,how do i close this thread? is there a button or a command?

vhfforever
2012-12-08, 12:08 PM
Even though you've already made a decision, I just feel almost obligated to toss my two cents in, in the form of Cleric 1/Human Paragon 3/Master of Shrouds 2+. It's my beloved goto for low level fun.

Amidus Drexel
2012-12-08, 04:22 PM
Edit: PS: btw,how do i close this thread? is there a button or a command?

If you really want the thread locked, I suppose you could always report your own thread... it might just be easier to PM a mod.

You don't have to do that, necessarily. If you leave the thread alone, it'll drop from the first page before too long, and then not too many people will see it.