PDA

View Full Version : Earth Spells

herrhauptmann
2012-12-07, 10:42 PM
I'm working on a base class with some very limited elemental casting. Where possible, I'm taking 'official' spells, but I'll make up homebrew when necessary.
Below are the official spells I've found.

Mire DRagon mag
Tremor evocation dragon mag
Fist of stone. Transmutation, SC
Earthbind, SC
Earthen Grasp, CArc
Meld into Stone, PHB
Walk the Mountains path, RaceStone
Spikestone PHB
Stoneskin PHB
Passwall, PHB
Transmute Rock to mud PHB
Transmute Mud to rock, PHB
Stonehold Conjuration, SC
Stonebody, Trans, SC

I'm trying to get one movement affecting or battlefield control, one buff/debuff spell, and one damaging spell at each spell level. Some, like Earthen Grasp, deal damage and also do a little battlefield control.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a straight damage spell for 5th level. So, does anybody have any suggestions? A friend suggested a while back 'Stone Blast,' but if that's an official spell, I never found out.

For the purposes of the class, Earth is associated with Acid damage/resistance. Though most of the damaging spells so far have been just bludgeoning/crushing damage. (For acid spells at 5th level, I've found vitriolic sphere, but would like to keep with the bludgeoning/crushing spells if possible)

Pyromancer999
2012-12-07, 10:49 PM
You might have better luck asking this in the 3.5e forum.

Still, when it comes to Earth spells, can't go wrong with Undermaster.

Debihuman
2012-12-08, 05:54 AM
Here is a list of the Earth spells from the books. http://dndtools.eu/spells/descriptors/earth/

Wall of Stone is 5th level.

Hope this helps.

Debby

Omnicrat
2012-12-08, 06:00 AM
You could always refluff/retool core spells to be earthbased. Off the top of my head, change animate city to animate mountain or just animate terrain. Come to think of it, that spell probably already exists.