PDA

View Full Version : Waking Nightmare OOC



LeSwordfish
2012-12-08, 04:37 AM
Okay, here we go. Copy your final character sheets into this thread, so i can reference them easily.

Um, other stuff? Rolls should be in spoilers. When you're away from the rest of the group, post everything in spoilers, tagged with who can read them. Use a individual colour for dialogue.

I think that's it. Sorry for the wall-of-text nature of the first few posts. Hopefully i can keep the others shorter now i've set the scene.
_______________

ellna
2012-12-08, 05:43 AM
"What a sorry hole I've fallen into. Indigo on all the walls."


Character Sheet


Harry "Lank" Zeutus, Scintillian-Hive Assassin
Attributes:



WS | BS | Str | Tou | Ag | Per | Int | WP | Fel | Insan | Corr
26 | 36 | 32 | 22 | 40 | 41 | 37 | 34 | 36 | 0 | 0

Armour:0 None


{table] Wounds | Fatigue | Fate
8/9 | 1/4 | 0/2[/table]

Divination: "A suspicious mind is a healthy mind."


Trained Skills:
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Awareness
Dodge
Inquiry
Concealment
Shadowing
Tracking
Literacy
Security
Common Lore (Underworld)

Talents:
Melee Weapons Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (SP)
Unremarkable
Heightened Senses (Sight)


Traits:
Accustomed to Crowds
Caves of Steel
Hivebound
Wary


Equipment
Shotgun
12 Shells
Crowbar
Multitool
Streetware
Magnacles


Advances:

Free Skill: Concealment
---
Sell-Steel:
Heightened Senses (Sight) (100)
Contact (Emily) (100)
Silent Move (100)
Literacy (200)
---
Shadesman:
Tracking (100)
Shadowing (100)
Security (100)
Total Spent XP: 800
Unspent XP: 175


Background:Harry Zeutus was always just a face in the tumbling crowd of scintilla and much like the crumbling hive itself Lank was suffering a slow decline. The noxious chemicals filled his lungs and kept him from honest work, or at least that is what he told himself. The truth is he enjoyed his work and took pride in never being seen. A shadow. Caught in a web of deceit Harry must fight not for the Imperium, but for his own way of life. His carefully constructed plans ground beneath the impeding doom.

ellna
2012-12-08, 05:55 AM
Nice OOC to set the scene Lank seems spot on.Fear1:[roll]1d100[roll]got a 12 in the end so pass[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5]
Awareness:[roll6] Vs 51(Sight)
Concealment:[roll7]

ellna
2012-12-08, 05:56 AM
I botched one roll and it had to be the fear:[roll0]

Lycan 01
2012-12-08, 11:04 AM
Archimedes Finch, Gentleman Scoundrel
Name: Archimedes Finch
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Build: Tall, lanky, in-shape
Appearance: Blue eyes, fair skin, good looks, clean-shaven, short but wavy blonde hair, pearly white teeth, deep blue greatcoat with yellow trim, blue pants, orange shirt, black boots, lacy white cravat, white gloves.

Origin: Noble Born
Lineage: Shadowed Blood

Divination: "Trust in your Fear." - +2 Ag, +1 Fate


Attributes:
WS: 20
BS: 35
S: 20
T: 30
Ag: 42
Int: 30
Per: 25
WP: 35
Fel: 50

Wounds: 10
Fatigue: 0
Fate: 3
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Traits:
Etiquette: +10 Charm, Deceive, Scrutiny with authority and formal situations
Supremely Connected: Peer (Nobility) and Peer (Underworld)
Vendetta: Somebody's got a grudge...
Wealth: Double starting Thrones and Noble level Income.


Skills:
Speak (Low Gothic, High Gothic) (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Blather (Fel)
Charm (Fel)
Deceive (Fel)
Awareness (Per)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Dodge (Ag)
Inquiry (Fel)

Talents:
Peer (Nobility)
Peer (Underworld)
Unremarkable
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (SP)
Basic Weapon Training (SP)

Gear:
None

Psychic Powers:

Lucky


XP Advances:

Dreg Advances
--------------
Wyrd - 300 XP
Simple Fellowship Advance - 100 XP
Dodge - 100 XP

Outcast Advance
----------------
Inquiry - 100 XP

Free Skill: Disguise

XP Spent: 600
XP Remaining: 200

Background:

Archimedes comes from a long line of con artists. Generations ago, they plied their trade in the slums of Scintilla, doing petty jobs amongst the rabble. As years went by, they moved on to bigger and better things - racketeering, extortion, blackmail, money laundering, et cetera. Eventually, they worked their way all the way to the top, nestling themselves in amongst the hive's upper crust of society. Merchants, nobles, aristocrats, and even the occasional rogue trader wasn't safe from the occasional case of embezzlement, misplaced funds, ponzi scheming, or other white collar ripoffs. And with the proceeds from these endeavors, the Finch family was able to make quite a name for itself - over the whitewashed legacy it had stricken from memory.

Archimedes is no exception. From board meetings to dinner parties, he has plied his trade and made quite a living off of deception and manipulation. Cooking the books, embezzling funds, insider trading, and all sorts of other white-collar crimes make up his repertoire. And of course, he's weaseled his way into more than a few parties and beds, earning the trust of many individuals who were all to willing to impart gifts and luxuries upon he "delightfully charming" Mister Finch.

In his down time, Archimedes likes to travel to the mid-levels of the hive to visit "quaint" little eateries and houses of entertainment, as well as antique stores and libraries. In the upper levels of the hive, stores like those know what they're selling and price accordingly. But in a nice family-run corner store selling old knick-knacks, Arch may spot a dirt cheap vase in on the back shelf that happens to be worth thousands more than the asking price. Which proves to turn an easy profit... or make a nice addition to his own personal collection.

It was on one of these shopping expeditions that Arch got dragged into this mess involving nightmares and a dead Inquisitor. Needless to say... he's not enthused.



Fear: [roll0] vs 40

Failure result: [roll1].

Unbeknownst
2012-12-08, 11:54 AM
"Oh, don' you worry now. I'm sure you'll be much more amenable when ye've lost a few fingahs."

Dark Orchid shall be my color.


Alrighty, lets see here:


Name: Solaria Mae "Blackheart"
Height: 1.73 m (5' 8"ish)
Weight: 61 kg (134lbs)
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Light Grey
Skin Tone: Fair

WS: 32
BS: 33
S: 29
T: 25
Ag: 35
Int: 33
Per: 32
WP: 32
Fel: 50 +

Wounds: 14/14
Fate: 1/2

Corruption: 0
Insanity: 2
Initiative bonus: 4

Gear:
Zip.

Traits:
Accustomed to Crowds
Caves of Steel
Hive Bound
Wary

Skills, Trained:
Tech-Use (Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Blather (Fel)
Charm (Fel)
Decieve (Fel)
Awareness +10 (Per)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Dodge (Agl)
Common Lore (Underworld) (Int)
Concealment (Agl)
Inquiry (Fel)
Slight of Hand (Agl)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Weapon Training (SP)
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Heavy Weapon Training (SP)
Peer (Workers)

Contacts:
Underhive Gang: Red Runners


Advances:
Hive Gang Member (200xp)
Fellowship Advance 1 (100xp)
Awareness +10 (100xp)
Peer (Workers) (100xp)
Common Lore (Underworld) (100xp)
Concealment (100xp)
Inquiry (100xp)
Sleight of Hand (0xp, Free Advance)
Underhive Gang Contact (0xp)
+ Group (50xp)
+ Common Lore (Underworld) (10xp)
+ Concealment (10xp)
+ Scholatic Lore (Tactica Imperialis) (10xp)
+ Reduce Availability x2 (Ranged Weapons) (20xp)
+ Dangerous (-100xp)

Background:

It wasn't her fault that she was born to a violent drunk of a father.
It wasn't her fault that she was born to a neglectful mother.
It wasn't her fault that she saw her father murder her mother in their hovel, the blood splashing her face, nothing but the sound of screams in her ears.

As for everything else? Well, that was her fault.
Every moment.

When she left the hovel, her mother a bloody mess on the floor, her father with his head caved in, a bloody pan beside him, she never expected to be picked up by a small gang. They called themselves the Red Runners, she never really found found out why. When they found her, bloody and wandering the street, the gang was nothing more than a group of smalltime thugs trying to make a name for themselves. But they were going to have standards by the Emperor. Taking their place with intelligence, not brute force. Which was odd for an underhive gang. But, it is the reason that a little girl, covered in blood and wandering aimlessly wasn't raped and killed, and was instead taken in, taken care of, then trained.

And so was the begining of the girl known as Blackheart, vicious and uncaring, violent and ruthless. With the intelligence of Attelis Cortez, the gangs leader, the Red Runners began to take control of a small sector for themselves, becoming famous for their use of military tactics and heavy weaponry. She in fact rose to the rank of a Lieutenant, becoming quite known in the area for her surprise tactics, and favor of using an old stubber. After they took control of the sector, they became as neutral as possible, running some drugs here and there, but their main source of income was stolen weaponry and hired out hit men, not quite assassins. Blackheart was one such Hit men, specializing in getting close, then slipping cutting their throat in their own home.

It was on one such mission that she realized what she had become, staring into the eyes of a little girl. The girl's father was at Blackhearts feet, still bleeding. As the girl fell to her knees, crying, Solaria Mae dropped her knife and walked away.

That moment was close to six years ago, but it still haunted her dreams some nights. Now she was a waitress/bartender at The Emperor's Palace, a fairly high class restraunt in the Mid-Upper Hive area. She'd even been able to move in to nice single room apartment mid-hive. Life was going well for once. Well. Until just a little while ago anyway.

Vizzi
2012-12-08, 12:32 PM
"By the will of the Omnissiah you will be purged."

Character Sheet


Name: Torvus
Career Path: Tech-Priest (Rank 2 - Mech-Wright)
Homeworld: Gunmeta City— Scintilla

{table] Characteristic | Total
Weapon Skill | 30
Ballistic Skill | 45
Strength | 30
Toughness | 35
Agility | 25
Intelligence | 45
Perception | 25
Willpower | 35
Fellowship | 25[/table]

Traits:
Packing Iron - +5 bonus on Tech Use Tests involving projectile firearms.
Way of the Gun - Take a –5 penalty on all Tests when you have been disarmed, caught unaware, or run out of ammunition,
Caves of Steel - Tech Use (Int) as Basic Skill.
Hivebound - -10 to Survival tests and -5 to Intelligence tests while out of a proper Hab.
Wary - +1 Bonus to Initiative.
Mechanicus Implants


Wounds:13+2 = 15
Fate: 3
Divination: "The only true fear is of dying with your duty not done." - Gain 2 Wounds.

Skills:
Common Lore (Tech, Mechanicus Adept)(Int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic, Metallican Hive Dialect)) (Int)
Tech Use +10 (Int)
Literacy (Int)
Secret Tongue (Tech)(Int)
Trade (Copyist, Armourer)(Int)

Talents:
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Pistol Training (Las, SP)
Electro Graft Use

Equipment:

Flak vest
Shotgun
Knife

Micro Bead
Two packs of Iho sticks.


XP Spent: 850 / 950
Common Lore (Tech, Machine Cult) - 200
Intelligence +5 - 100 xp
Ballisitc Skill +5 - 250 xp
Tech-Use +10 - 100 xp
Medicae - 100 xp
Basic Weapon Training (SP) - 100 xp


Background:

Torvus was borne in squalor deep within the Hive, his mother and father simple workers in the main Manofactorum for their sector. Their lives where harsh and unforgiving, his mother died a few years after he was born, and his father wasted away whilst making sure to take care of him.

When he reached the age where he could 'officially' work in the Manofactorum he did so, he toiled hard to make a living and help his father, even whilst his mind wandered and tried to understand why things where like this. Until a pivotal moment occurred. Whilst toiling away deep within the forge a malfunction occurred that threatened to delay production of valuable goods, and perhaps even damage the facility enough to require shutting it down for days. It was only due to his quick thinking and natural ability to manage machines (a skill learned from watching wandering tech-priests).

As luck would have it, the main tech-priest of the facility was fairly liberal and after a few brief tests inducted him into the Adeptus Mechanicus. He was sent to an orbiting facility to learn the rituals and all knowledge he would need.

Whilst he was quickly taught that the only bonds he should care about are from the Adeptus Mechanicus he did not forget his father, making sure to surreptitiously send him trading goods.

Life was good, his natural intellect and agile mind propelled him forward as he absorbed knowledge at an unusual pace, although occasionally not following the correct rituals to the letter to his teachers exasperation.. Unfortunately what made him so good also brought him to the attention of the Traditional Faction and as he took his final rites he 'apparently' made a grievous mistake. Whilst normally such a mistake would have him harshly punished but eventually forgotten politics intervened and he was made an example off.

He was send back into the Hive of his birth, assigned a menial position and forgotten. Sent to languish in obscurity. His only desire to rise up again, to face adversity and whatever comes his way to return to the place that should be his, and punish those that conspired against him.



I could probably argue that living in the Hive, especially in a massive manofacturum where injury's are common, before being 'shifted' into a Tech-Priest and probably building servitors and handling bands of 'slaves' in a multitude of tasks, would sort of 'mute' him to situations like this. After all sudden injury is all over the place. :smallwink:

Rolls.

Fear (1) 35 vs [roll0]


Quick question, this is a non-combat fear test right?

LeSwordfish
2012-12-08, 12:46 PM
I think it might not have done- this is, after all, a sudden, violent attack, not merely an industrial injury or medical procedure. I would have given you a +10, but that wouldn't help :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Yes, it's non-combat. We're not on combat time now.

Vizzi
2012-12-08, 01:18 PM
By the very nature of the equipment they have and how they work, almost every industrial accident is sudden, and extremely violent. As in possibly tearing a man in half, or spontaneously melting parts of a man, ripping an arm off by a massive mechanism etc. :smallyuk: No worries on it, in any case.

Writing something simple right now.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-08, 01:58 PM
Finch does not see the Carnifex he just took cover behind.

ellna
2012-12-08, 02:03 PM
Bwahaha I think seeing Finch dive to cover Lank would make sure he can see Finch still. Also I'm thinking that Lank is behind one of the boards that they put the train maps/times on.

Lycan 01
2012-12-08, 02:13 PM
I foresee Finch being a constant source of silliness and failure in this game.

I am okay with this. XD

Vizzi
2012-12-08, 03:38 PM
It is certainly amusing.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-09, 05:49 AM
A few other things I didn't mention that i usually do:


Fate points will replenish at the end of a chapter. The game is roughly set up so that chapters = days.
XP will also be given out then. Bonus XP will go out for roleplaying or good detective work.

ellna
2012-12-09, 09:02 AM
Lank whispers to the fallen man "Why?"

LeSwordfish
2012-12-09, 12:19 PM
Ellna Only
His breath is ragged, and his voice barely above a whisper, but the man replies "The scholar... the High Scholar..."

Everyone
The stranger is nearly dead. However, a medicae test can keep him alive long enough to get more information out of him. Asking specific questions may or may not get answers.

Where would people prefer this sort of OOC information was, btw? In spoilers in the IC, or in the OOC thread.

One thing i will request is that character actions (like what Lank did in spoilers) be in IC, for the sake of anybody who might read it later.

ellna
2012-12-09, 12:55 PM
Sorry about That I'll edit the Spoiler into my IC post. I personally prefer the OOC information in the OOC thread. If anyone moves to help the stranger Lank will attempt to assist them in any way he knows... Probably moving away and giving them space to work...

GM:
Who is the High Scholar?
[roll0] Common Lore (Imperium)
[roll1] Common Lore (Underworld)

LeSwordfish
2012-12-09, 03:36 PM
Ellna
You've never heard the name before. It doesn't make much sense. No imperial organisation you know of uses "High" for a leader. They usually prefer fancier titles.

Reminder that I need gear wishlists from everyone but Torvus and Rani. These can be specific as Torvus's wishlist or Rani's "Medical stuff and a rifle".

Hawkwings
2012-12-09, 03:39 PM
Rani will speak in red.

Rani Malva

Homeworld: Schola Progenium
Career: Adept
Rank: Scrivener
Gender: F
Build: Svelte
Height: 1.75m
Weight: 65kg
Skin Color: Fair
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Grey
Age: 28

WS:28
BS:35
S:27
T:40
Ag:32
Int:42
Per:42
WP:40
Fel:34

Wounds: 13
FP: 3

Corruption: 0
Insanity: 2

Divination: There is no substitute for zeal. +2 to T and WP

Family's Fate: Never to Return

Traits:
Sheltered Upbringing
Tempered Will

Skills:
Literacy +10 (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic +10) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Scholastic Lore (Legend) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Cults) (Int)
Trade (Apothecary) (Int)
Medicae (Int)
Pilot (Civilian craft) (Ag)

As Basic:
Common Lore (Administratum, Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed, War)
Scholastic Lore (Philosophy)

Talents:
MWT (Primitive)
BWT (Las)
PWT (Las, SP)
Light Sleeper
Unremarkable
Peer (Academics)

Advances:
Simple Int
Simple Per
Simple WP
Pilot (civilian craft)

Awareness
Inquiry
Forbidden Lore (Cults)
Peer (Academics)

Hawkwings
2012-12-09, 03:40 PM
Medicae test, need to beat 42, plus whatever situational modifiers.

[roll0]

EDIT: Well it looks like the guy is gonna die. Oh well, such is life in the 41st millennium.

ellna
2012-12-09, 04:00 PM
Wish List:Pistol-Preferred: Cheap,Silenced,Compact,Loaded with Dum-Dums,Fully Automatic.
Pain Medication-Preferred: Obscura,Stim,Painimmune.
Leather Coat
Alcohol-Preferred: Spirit,Caffeine.
Multikey/Lockpicks

Clothes,Knife,Gloves.

Sorry I'd not got round to that.

Lycan 01
2012-12-09, 04:01 PM
Medicae test, need to beat 42, plus whatever situational modifiers.

[roll0]

EDIT: Well it looks like the guy is gonna die. Oh well, such is life in the 41st millennium.


Use a Fate Point for a reroll, perhaps? We'll be getting them back soon, anyway, and this seems kinda important. :smalleek:

ellna
2012-12-09, 04:02 PM
Noooo Finch is moving gosh-darn.:smallbiggrin:

LeSwordfish
2012-12-09, 04:56 PM
If it turns out to be important (a fair bit of the campaign is local):


Malva and Solaria know the area well. They live within walking distance of the station. (The red runners stamping ground is pretty far away. Solaria moved as far away as she could.)
Lank knows the area very loosely. It's less than an hour up-hive from Psalm 91.
Torvus knows the area reasonably well. His workplace is nearby.
Finch doesn't know the area well at all. He was intending to catch another train, to his (far nicer) neigbourhood.


This area is fairly mid-hive. Not at all posh, no outright gang combat, etc.

As usual, if i've misinterpreted your character ("what, no, x would never go so far from Y" or something) let me know.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 12:12 AM
Huh. So. Yeah. Imma re-roll that. Cuz... Fuuuuuuuuuu...

[roll0]

...Huh. Yeah. I notice ****.

Anyway, I want things list:


Sweet Sweet Moolah.
A new coat. Preference of a deep red.
A Pistol of some kind. Ammo over reliability. Dislikes automatic pistols. Prefers a holdout.
Possibly a rifle. But they're large and bulky.
Maybe some mesh armor.

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 12:34 AM
Wow, we're a rather imperceptive lot, ain't we? :smalltongue:


Arch's Wishlist:

*Either a Carnadon or a "Fate Bringer" Long Pistol - y'know, something elegant.
*Flak Jacket or Xeno Mesh, fluffed as armor-lined fancy clothes and/or greatcoat
*2 or more Best Quality Flintlock pistols, engraved and all fancied-up; mostly just for show.
*A flask of fine Amasec or some other expensive-as-hell liquor
*Data-slate, backpack, and any other basic supplies you think may be useful

LeSwordfish
2012-12-10, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the wishlists! I've made a big list of notes.

Is anybody planning to re-roll the medicae tests, or shall i move on with them both failed? (Pro tip, you should re-roll them.)



"Let me, Rob." He said. "I've done emergency medical training. I at least know how to put people in the recovery position, yeah? Your technique seems... well, you know. If she went into arrest i wouldn't be surprised if you just started hitting her with a chair or something."

Vizzi
2012-12-10, 06:49 AM
Ill re-roll as well.


Medicae Test 35 vs [roll0]


Yeah, not good.

ellna
2012-12-10, 11:43 AM
Oh holiest emperor, why did this calamity occur to me. Lank is chasing down finch. I'm not sure if he is quick enough to grab Finch, but he'll try if he can get him before he reaches the public.

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 11:46 AM
Hmmm. Finch has 42 Agility. Lank has 40. It's gonna be close... Good thing Finch has a head start, though! ;D

ellna
2012-12-10, 11:49 AM
I did a roll in the GM: spoiler against Ag I got a 75 I think to situation is going to rapidly escape Lank's reach.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-10, 11:59 AM
Finch, an Agility roll please. Solaria, passing an agility test will give you a speed boost in the chase, but it's not mandatory.

Next post should be up later this evening. Got a rehersal to attend.

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 12:06 PM
Oooo, a rehearsal? What for? :3

Agility: [roll0] vs 42


Edit: Well, at least Finch failed by slightly less than Lank did. :smalltongue:

ellna
2012-12-10, 12:09 PM
Pounce... If I spent a fate point to bump the degree of success up. Would Lank catch Him? I feel that some-one calling in the Calvary could get us is deep doo-doo. Or at least land me in it...

Hawkwings
2012-12-10, 01:04 PM
Alright, I'll spend a fate point to reroll

[roll0]

ellna
2012-12-10, 01:06 PM
Hawking Fate Point Win!

Vizzi
2012-12-10, 01:07 PM
Three fate points spent, and only one succeeded. Feels like Dark Heresy indeed.

ellna
2012-12-10, 01:10 PM
Oh yes real Dark heresy reminds be of a session not long ago. Two characters were walking around with ill-omened. As soon as they died the party started winning. :smallbiggrin:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 04:16 PM
Alrighty. Lets see here... I need more agility...

[roll0] v 35 Agl.

Mmm. Feels like Heresy.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-10, 05:21 PM
Oooo, a rehearsal? What for? :3


I'm in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I'm the smallest part: Ellis.


Alright, I'll spend a fate point to reroll

[roll0]

Excellent! If i'm right, that's a single degree of success! Which wins you SOME of the stranger's information.


Alrighty. Lets see here... I need more agility...

[roll0] v 35 Agl.

Mmm. Feels like Heresy.

Don't worry, there's no major penalty for failure.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 05:25 PM
Oh. Not worried. It's Dark Heresy. Failure is consant.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-10, 06:03 PM
Considering all three of you failed agility tests, I was tempted to say "Solaria, Finch, and Lank all fall over the ticket barrier, and are still struggling out of the ungainly heap they end up in when the enforcers arrive."

Common Lore (Tech) +10 or (War) +10 or (Adeptus Arbites) +20 can identify the weapon the lead enforcer is using. Frankly, OOC, you've probably guessed it.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 06:23 PM
Soooo.... Who thinks I should re-roll it or save it?

Lycan 01
2012-12-10, 06:34 PM
You just mega-failed trying to boss the cops around. Rerolling it may be a good idea. :smalleek:


Would Blather or Charm work better for Finch to frantically tell the guards what happened and look like a hapless bystander?

And would I have time to try for Lucky before babbling to the guards, and/or can I try to Awareness to spot the case?

Vizzi
2012-12-10, 06:38 PM
As for Torvus, whilst helping the Lady, what did he discover/see on the man's body?

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 06:44 PM
The Underworld knows nothing of the Arbites weapons!

And I dunno man. If I reroll I might get something worse. Like a 99 or something.

>.>

Vizzi
2012-12-10, 06:59 PM
The Underworld knows nothing of the Arbites weapons!

And I dunno man. If I reroll I might get something worse. Like a 99 or something.

>.>


Its more than 97% chance to be an improvement. And really trying to Command Arbites? :smallamused:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 07:01 PM
Its more than 97% chance to be an improvement. And really trying to Command Arbites? :smallamused:

Hmmm? Oh, there's arbites there? Didn't even see them. I was too intent on the murderer they let get away.

ellna
2012-12-10, 08:19 PM
Oh god noes Arbites Um...

"I throw a fate point at them and run?" :smallwink:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-10, 11:18 PM
You know what? **** it. I'll use my last Fate point. It'll make it seem even better when I roll a 99 trying to charm someone. 7 degrees of failure just does not seem like a good time while trying to tell people that a murderer is getting away.

[roll0]

I'm getting an 80. I just know it.
---------------------------
Close enough.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-11, 03:22 AM
You just mega-failed trying to boss the cops around. Rerolling it may be a good idea. :smalleek:


Would Blather or Charm work better for Finch to frantically tell the guards what happened and look like a hapless bystander?

And would I have time to try for Lucky before babbling to the guards, and/or can I try to Awareness to spot the case?

The case is gone now, I'm afraid. You could try and run after it, but it's out of your line of sight.

Trying to charm/distract/persuade the enforcers will take a penalty of -10. They aren't really listening. Solaria, if you want to not expend your fate point now you have that knowledge, you can.

Yes, you can manifest lucky.

Also, I feel honour-bound to say that this chapter is the one that does not end at night-time- (otherwise it would be very short)- don't use all your fate just yet!


As for Torvus, whilst helping the Lady, what did he discover/see on the man's body?

Under his long robes the man is wearing body armour -which the sword went through without issue- several necklaces, mostly with symbols that look like wards, and a bolt pistol. This is all Torvus can find without searching through the man's pockets.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-11, 03:43 PM
Eh. Why not? I shall not expend my fate point. Fortunately, someone is extremely distracting. Probably didn't even notice me talking.

Lycan 01
2012-12-11, 03:56 PM
Wow, the first time I've ever actually even seen the Blather skill used, and it's a smashing success! :smalleek:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-11, 04:07 PM
On the plus side, we do have 2 faces. And soon I get to describe my character!

ellna
2012-12-11, 04:20 PM
Yay Blather If the guards are distracted sufficiently Lank does a slip into the crowd. Discretion... The better part of valour. If this occurs Lank would discard his coat and then hide among the people pretending to be bystander and then shadow them if they take Finch or Finch if he escapes.

Somehow I doubt that I would get away with that seeing as how I'm currently slap bang infront of them... But say they moved towards Finch to shut him up or something. I stand ready.

That's it Finch keep their attention...

ellna
2012-12-11, 04:23 PM
And checked the post it seems I can escape...:smallbiggrin:

Well then here goes...
[roll0]

Is that enough success for plan slip away?

ellna
2012-12-12, 06:14 AM
GM OnlyLank is a trained watcher. From the clues he has seen about this assassin. Lank keeps his eyes open for blood spots, the case, rain droplets and any other signs of an invisible attacker. Also any oddities such as water dripping from an unseen obstacle, footfalls in the water run-off made by an invisible assailant, specks of blood on a ghostly form or even a tell-tale shimmer. As well as the possible sounds that the figure might make or the yelps of people in the crowd being pushed out of the way. Finally Lank is actively keeping his senses open for people after him as he just escaped the enforcers.

So with those points I guess it just remains for me to remind you about my heightened sense of sight and make a roll...[roll0]

Also with regards to the combat Lank's initiative bonus is +5 for wary and if I am not surprised I think I might like to spend a fate point to achieve an initiative of 10 for a initiative.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-12, 06:27 AM
Ellna
You were surprised, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Remember that you're stunned. You could expend fate to remove that, too.

Searching for rain splatters and blood grants Lank a +20 to his roll. That, difficulty, and heightened senses, makes the overall modifier +20, for a threshold of 61.

This is a difficult fight, I'm not going to lie. Objectively, Lank doesn't have much chance of winning. Any success here will magnify for later though.

ellna
2012-12-12, 06:36 AM
GM OnlyAlso I'm assuming you're using the stun rules of Pg 191 of the Core Book? In which case I'm slightly confused by the combat?

Round 1:
Assasin Moves up
Lank Surprised

Round 2:
Assassin stuns? Lank opposes with dodge?
Lank ... Profit

LeSwordfish
2012-12-12, 06:40 AM
Ellna
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Assassin has surprise: takes a half action move to reach Lank, half action Takedown talent. When Lank gets his first action, he's already stunned. Spending two points of fate- one to beat the initiative, one to remove the stunning- allows you to act first.

ellna
2012-12-12, 06:44 AM
GMAh I see. Um Well I guess I'm stun Blocked If was not surprised am I right in thinking his attack would miss?

LeSwordfish
2012-12-12, 06:49 AM
Ellna
The asassin's? You'd get a reaction, and you'd have the next turn, but no, the asassin still hits, even without surprise.

ellna
2012-12-12, 06:52 AM
Ah bum
GMWell then I remain stunned an make no attempt to resistant the lovely assassins. I'll hold onto my fate-points for now. I'll post IC my response.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-12, 06:55 AM
Forgot to mention: as soon as everyone is cool with moving on with the enforcers, let me know.

Vizzi
2012-12-12, 08:40 AM
I am good to go. The only thing that Torvus is thinking, is that these Arbites must be as stupid as a Gretching. Really, anyone that kills an Inquisitor or even someone would not stick around giving first aid. And the other thought is how ****ed he is.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-12, 09:25 AM
I will get to that IC (i'm not sure how, but i will), but the essence is that this is now an inquisition matter, and nobody wants an inquisitor asking questions like "You let him get away?"

Lycan 01
2012-12-12, 01:54 PM
Really? A 41, with a 40% chance of success?

>.>

<.<


You guys think I should use my Lucky roll to reroll it? I mean, it sucks to miss by 1 point, but I have to keep the results of the reroll, which could either be awesome or screw Finch over worse. :smalleek:

LeSwordfish
2012-12-13, 05:47 AM
I'm not sure i agree with that use of Blather. I'd argue that the specific point of it is not to usefully communicate information.

ellna
2012-12-13, 08:06 AM
GM:I await my fate whatever form that might take...

LeSwordfish
2012-12-13, 08:42 AM
Ellna
I'm waiting on the others, to make a big post rounding everyone up. Tomorrow morning, if not sooner.

ellna
2012-12-13, 08:57 AM
GM:Ah I see I'm sorry then I stand ready.

Hawkwings
2012-12-13, 12:44 PM
Untrained charm or command check, need a 17 or better.

1d100

Hawkwings
2012-12-13, 12:45 PM
Let's try that again...

[roll0]

Eh, close, but at least it wasn't epic failure.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-13, 01:03 PM
His voice tailed off even further, and his eyes unfocussed. "The High Scholar and the Pale Prophet... take the case to Blaze..." His hand gently let go and fell to his side. Rani was left with a bloodstained handprint on her collar. "Meredith." The man muttered, and his eyes closed. He was dead.


Sorry Hawk, he's gone, and Rani should know it. You might want to edit your post.

Hawkwings
2012-12-13, 01:45 PM
Pah, death? They have hospitals to fix that! And brain-in-a-jar is still useful too.

Maybe a deceive check instead? Still failed it, but just barely.

Edit: I'll change my post to reflect that Rani is aware of the death/near-death state of the man.

ellna
2012-12-14, 01:55 AM
Oh dear I appear to have been stitched up... Poo. :smallbiggrin:

Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll0]

ellna
2012-12-14, 02:16 AM
Oh poor Lank :smallfrown:
Having failed my first attempt Lank keeps working at the bindings. Each test taking 3mins.
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll0]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll1]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll2]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll3]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll4]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll5]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll6]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll7]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll8]
Security roll. Ag 40(Very Hard -30):[roll9]

Well that's half an our of Lank failing to escape...

LeSwordfish
2012-12-14, 07:42 AM
Remember lank is fatigued, meaning he takes an additional -10. This lasts for an hour or so.

ellna
2012-12-14, 10:17 AM
Ah alas... I guess Lank takes a nap

ellna
2012-12-14, 02:06 PM
Lank is shaking quite visibly and is display signs of illness (Hacking cough, gauntness). A astute person might suspect he is undergoing withdrawal as his shaking will continue to increase. Lank attempts to unlock his magnacles for over a hour, without any progress, before lapsing it a fitful sleep. Also I need to get round to describing him...

Yay for fatigue, injury and low toughness. I'm playing a corpse it seems.

Lycan 01
2012-12-14, 04:20 PM
How does Lank know Finch's name? :smalltongue:


Finch isn't an idiot. (Usually.) He'll likely realize that Lank shouldn't know his name, since it's highly doubtful they were booked and interrogated within earshot.

ellna
2012-12-14, 04:29 PM
Lank shouldn't know Finch's name and under normal circumstances would never let that slip. However Lank is fatigued, injured, chained up and suffering withdrawal. The string of curses and Lanks' inner monologue were more due to the slip up in his lie rather than the repeated failings at escape. Did he cover it well :smallcool:?

Lycan 01
2012-12-14, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty sure skills like Deceive and Command can't be used on other PCs, as that's kinda controlling another person's character and forcing them to act a certain way. Swordfish is the final arbiter, but in every DH game I've played in, Social Skills didn't work on PCs.

I'll wait for Swordfish's ruling before Finch replies.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-14, 06:32 PM
What? Why wouldn't PC's be able to be affected by skills? That seems silly for them not to. They can be lied to and made to believe it like everyone else. Either way, he had to roll under a 6 for it to be believeable.

Lycan 01
2012-12-14, 06:39 PM
It's to avoid unpleasant situations. "I passed my check - your character does or believes whatever I tell them." The check can be used to make a character more convincing, but not to god-mod the other PC.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-14, 06:50 PM
Command has penalties for various things. Such as: "Who te **** are you? Don't tell me to do ****."

As for decieve, it's a lie, some people are good at it, sometimes you just know when someone is lying. When such a case as that arises, you roll decieve. He rolled decieve. And failed miserably.

Wait, if he isn't fatigued it would be 16 to roll under.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-14, 07:50 PM
I would PREFER that players abided by the results of Decieve and so on performed on them. I very much prefer to play that way, and I think that several things I like to see come to the forefront in games, such as plot and characterisation, are helped by this sort of thing.

Ultimately I think that the change in character required for this sort of thing is fairly minor. If it were a NPC, i'd personally have no problem ordering you to abide by the test results.

I think: Yes, you should abide by the other players decieve/command rolls. It's not too much of an imposition, is it? Perhaps Finch grudgingly believes Lank, but remains highly distrustful.

Remember, of course, not to be a **** and use this ability to push the other players around. If anyone's God-Modding here, it's me.

(Don't forget you're often entitled to an opposed test.)

(Also if you think another player is using this ability to be a **** let me know either in post or PM and i'll try and sort it out.)

(Also, in this specific case, remember that you weren't interrogated. Names might have been said, but weren't asked of you.)

ellna
2012-12-14, 08:50 PM
Ah sorry. I just added the deceive check there as a way of showing that he was lying. I didn't intend it to alter Finch's response. In every DH game I've played social skills never really had much of an effect on character RPing and the rolling of "checks" was done more for flavour than effect. I guess I do like rolling them dice. Again sorry for the problem. :smallfrown:

Lycan 01
2012-12-14, 08:51 PM
Fair enough. :smallsmile:


Scrutiny: [roll0] vs 12


And now Finch is paranoid about how everyone seems to know his name. :smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2012-12-16, 03:43 AM
Willpower: [roll0] vs 55


Awwww yeah. :smallcool:

ellna
2012-12-16, 04:04 AM
Yes insanity gain come on them bones them bones them dry bones...
WP:[roll0] Vs 54 Darnit Lycan you one upped me :smallcool:

Vizzi
2012-12-16, 05:45 AM
Rolling.

WP:[roll0] vs 35 + 20 = 55

Yay, thanks to that +20 i am not insane!

Unbeknownst
2012-12-16, 11:07 AM
[roll0] v 52

These dice hate me so much.

Hawkwings
2012-12-16, 06:42 PM
WP test at +20, need 60 or better: [roll0]

Sucks to suck, I guess. At least it's only 1 degree of failure.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-17, 08:03 AM
One of you guys is using an avatar/picture/something from FreeWebsHosting.com or something. Google Chrome blocks my access to this thread because that site's been compromised and is distributing malware. Change your hosting site! (I suggest Dropbox: http://db.tt/TgokDSmh)

Those of you who have posted OOC but not IC, am I to take it this is because you have nothing you want to say IC? Should I move on?

Unbeknownst
2012-12-17, 10:47 AM
WP test at +20, need 60 or better: [roll0]

Sucks to suck, I guess. At least it's only 1 degree of failure.

THis is Dark Heresy. That's 0 degrees of failure! (But you still failed)


And no, It's because I had no internets.

Lycan 01
2012-12-17, 08:31 PM
One of you guys is using an avatar/picture/something from FreeWebsHosting.com or something. Google Chrome blocks my access to this thread because that site's been compromised and is distributing malware. Change your hosting site! (I suggest Dropbox: http://db.tt/TgokDSmh)

It's not me. My avvy is hosted on photobucket. :smallconfused:

Vizzi
2012-12-18, 07:14 AM
I don't think i have any image posted on the thread.

ellna
2012-12-18, 08:27 AM
I believe the avvy fault was mine I've changed the host site now. Thanks for the heads up LeSwordfish.

So I don't suppose I get any bonuses to opening this damn lock for trying to open it for over an hour now?

LeSwordfish
2012-12-18, 09:52 AM
A simple strength test can be assisted by other people. Searching around may find other ways out.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-20, 10:37 PM
Does anyone want me to roll Command? Cuz I'll totally fail at it if you want.

Watch!

[roll0] vs 25

... Or Not.

Neat!

Lycan 01
2012-12-21, 03:10 AM
Awareness reroll, thanks to Lucky.

[roll0] vs 25


......no, that is definitely not lucky. Nope. No it is not...

Unbeknownst
2012-12-21, 10:03 AM
The Forum Dice Gods are kind to me this day.

You guys are going to be sooo confused by her when she comes back in saying she got a Rhino APC up an running.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-21, 01:22 PM
Woah, was not exPecting the tech priest to follow me around and watch me do tech things I shouldn't know how to do. Expected him to stay behind and help pull Lank out of the mess he got himself in.

Also: I am not back in the cell area yet, just headed that way. Figured it might take a minute to commit tech heresy.

ellna
2012-12-21, 03:33 PM
Well I guess Torvus was looking for fun things to let me get free... So... I guess Lank will calm down a bit and give the Magnacle a tug. I'm not sure if Rani is helping me pull the magnacles or medicing the bleeding or looking for stuff. So i'll hold of on a IC post until I know. In the meanwhile I'll roll more dice. I might get lucky. I mean I should eventually right?

S-Test: [roll0]

Vizzi
2012-12-21, 05:20 PM
The most Solaria did was approach the vehicle, beyond that not much else, and most of the time Torvus was giddy at the vehicle. :smallredface:

As for helping Lank my Security is effectively around 5 right now, and before it was in the negatives. :smallyuk: Better to try and find something in the vehicle or make sure we can make a quick escape before doubling back.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-21, 05:28 PM
The most Solaria did was approach the vehicle, beyond that not much else, and most of the time Torvus was giddy at the vehicle. :smallredface:

As for helping Lank my Security is effectively around 5 right now, and before it was in the negatives. :smallyuk: Better to try and find something in the vehicle or make sure we can make a quick escape before doubling back.

I unlocked an electronically locked vehicle, and popped open the lock on garage door I think.

Vizzi
2012-12-21, 06:54 PM
I unlocked an electronically locked vehicle, and popped open the lock on garage door I think.

I got your rolls mixed up combined with not reading the first bit. In that case Torvus is slightly perplexed at her skill, but due to the situation is not going to ask any questions, yet.

Lycan 01
2012-12-21, 06:55 PM
Lank is the furthest thing from a combat-capable character.

Is the door he passed through lockable from both sides, or from the cellblock's side? :smalleek:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-21, 06:57 PM
Lank is the furthest thing from a combat-capable character.

Is the door he passed through lockable from both sides, or from the cellblock's side? :smalleek:

There's a reason I sent the fast guy up there.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-22, 03:55 AM
The door can't be locked. It's also pretty flimsy.

Lycan 01
2012-12-22, 04:01 AM
Damn. XD

Okay, then Finch is crouching down against it. He's not standing against it, because obviously they'll be shooting through it at chest level if they do opt to shoot it.

ellna
2012-12-22, 06:58 AM
Lank is the furthest thing from a combat-capable character.

Is the door he passed through lockable from both sides, or from the cellblock's side? :smalleek:

:smallbiggrin:
Darn tootin' All the better to hide behind others.

ellna
2012-12-22, 07:09 AM
GM
Also I just had a thought... When Lank managed to pull the Magnacle away from the wall would he of been able to shove the blanket in-between them. It might not help now, but I certainly going to think on it for next time... In the mean time I'll roll an Ag test, to see if Lank had ninja mode engaged, as I do love rolling them dice.

Ag-Test: [roll0] Behold that fate Point.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-22, 07:18 AM
Ellna
Good thinking! Successfully getting an object between the two surfaces requires an agility test. If successful, the magnacle strength penalty is reduced to -20.

I'll be away until tomorrow evening, so won't be able to post until then. As such, i'm throwing some information up here for you to use IC as you see fit.

Garage

Torvus doesn't know much about high-grade military equipment, but he does know that short of a murder-cogitator or three weeks hacking, he's not getting into the sealed systems of a rhino.
However, he has managed to unlock a few of the rhino's less secure subsystems. The inbuilt Auspex and the heavy stubber on the top are both now available for use.

ellna
2012-12-22, 07:26 AM
GMIn that case I kinda feel like I want to slap a fate point down for a reroll of the Ag Test...
[roll0]Edit:Success?

LeSwordfish
2012-12-22, 07:37 AM
Ellna
Yes! Well done.

ellna
2012-12-22, 07:43 AM
Bwahahaha Excellent. I'll shove the blanket in before Rani reaches me. Then um some calm breathing and reflecting and escape dependant on what Rani is doing. Then I'll start panicking again when Finch starts balling about armed heretics. I'll make an IC post for the blanket shoving and wait on info on what Rani is up to. When Finch comes back I guess I'll be tugging with no regard to personal safety... Though I would say I've already been doing that. I am assuming however the penalty for fatigue won't affect my efforts for freeing myself or it would be slightly pointless.

-1 Fate Point
+1 Fatigue
-[roll0] Wounds

LeSwordfish
2012-12-22, 08:16 AM
Fatigue and wounds are applied upon release. Call it adrenaline.

ellna
2012-12-22, 09:03 AM
Excellent then Adrenaline ho... :smallfurious:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-22, 10:23 AM
Must order Torvus around....

Can we say I gave him a Micro-bead? Because had I known he ws there, I would've given him one.

Hawkwings
2012-12-22, 01:43 PM
Strength test, assisting.

[roll0]

Rani's S is 27.

ellna
2012-12-22, 04:32 PM
Excellent. Pull together now. :smallbiggrin:
S-test: [roll0]

Gosh darnit... I succeeded with the freeing of myself. Thanks Hawkwings for the assist. A shame I couldn't of got that roll previously though, would of looked less panicky if I freed myself before the night and looked badass. :smallcool:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-22, 04:49 PM
Excellent. Pull together now. :smallbiggrin:
S-test: [roll0]

Gosh darnit... I succeeded with the freeing of myself. Thanks Hawkwings for the assist. A shame I couldn't of got that roll previously though, would of looked less panicky if I freed myself before the night and looked badass. :smallcool:

Drk Hrsy!!!!

ellna
2012-12-22, 05:05 PM
Well technically I think it is some sort of beige heresy really. So I'm free now... your orders Ma'am :smallwink:

LeSwordfish
2012-12-23, 10:38 AM
Must order Torvus around....

Can we say I gave him a Micro-bead? Because had I known he ws there, I would've given him one.

Go ahead.


Excellent. Pull together now. :smallbiggrin:
S-test: [roll0]

Gosh darnit... I succeeded with the freeing of myself. Thanks Hawkwings for the assist. A shame I couldn't of got that roll previously though, would of looked less panicky if I freed myself before the night and looked badass. :smallcool:

I'm going to be nice and say that the magnetic part of the magnacle has a safety feature that locks itself off once it's disengaged, otherwise you'll be sticking to the walls and such. You still have a good kilogram and a half of metal hanging from a torn-up wrist, though.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-23, 04:30 PM
We're now onto combat time!

Firstly, initiative.
Heretic #1 (By door)[roll5]
Lank [roll4]
Solaria [roll2]
Finch [roll3]
Rani [roll0]
Torvus (Despite being away)[roll1]
Heretic #2 (In corridor)[roll6]

Secondly, the door.
Heretic #1 will, over the next turn, attempt to force the door down. An opposed strength test from Finch to resist this, please. This is a half action, or Finch can do it as a full action and gain a +10 to his test. Others can assist if they can spend at least a half action next to the door: another +10 for each person doing so.

Heretic #1 roll: [roll7] vs 35

Thirdly, Torvus



Torvus doesn't know much about high-grade military equipment, but he does know that short of a murder-cogitator or three weeks hacking, he's not getting into the sealed systems of a rhino.
However, he has managed to unlock a few of the rhino's less secure subsystems. The inbuilt Auspex and the heavy stubber on the top are both now available for use.



Repeated in case you missed it.

The auspex and Heavy Stubber are both standard-issue from the book. The stubber is pintle-mounted on the rhino, and has a drum of ammunition already loaded.

I've also noticed that Torvus has the "Way of the Gun" trait. Remember that for the future, okay? (Torvus might also be keen on grabbing one of the spare shotguns.)

Four, Rani
Forbidden Lore (Cults) test at +10 please.

Finally, the map
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13673854/RPG/arbites_2.png

The box with Torvus in is the Rhino. The red dot is the stubber.

The door is flimsy, and will only provide 2 points of armour.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-23, 04:32 PM
Hahahah! I replied before you did. I'l edit it I suppose.

Actually. It's what I'll do on my turn anyway. I can use a free action to speak at anytime right?

LeSwordfish
2012-12-23, 04:38 PM
Certainly. I don't think anything in the OOC or map contradicts it anyway.

A note on how I like to do pbp combat: All of you post your actions, regardless of order. I'll then apply them in initiative order. If this is a problem, feel free to say things like "I'll shoot if he moves into my line of sight, otherwise i'll move."

Unbeknownst
2012-12-23, 04:51 PM
Hahahah. I totally want to use that stubber.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-23, 05:17 PM
A half action could disengage the stubber. It's only got the one drum though.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-23, 05:20 PM
I don't particularly want to lug it around yet.

ellna
2012-12-24, 11:09 AM
Well Lank will move into the garage. Making sure to avoid the danger and get to the exit... So long folks.

ellna
2012-12-24, 11:11 AM
Also just reading the Garage spoilers now so Awareness.

[roll0] Per:41 -10(Fatigue), -10(Hard), +10(Heighten Senses (Sight))

Unbeknownst
2012-12-24, 11:47 AM
Maybe you'll be able to find somerhing to get that hunk of metal off.

ellna
2012-12-24, 11:55 AM
I shall wear it as a badge of honour... Nah I'll hack it off at some point firstly though I'm gonna escape.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-24, 01:16 PM
I shall wear it as a badge of honour... Nah I'll hack it off at some point firstly though I'm gonna escape.

Running off on your own might be a... Bad idea.

ellna
2012-12-24, 01:35 PM
On my own... I could... But a song springs to mind. "Don't you know you never split the party." We're in this together. However I'm certainly not sticking around to get shot at. I'm sure everyone feels the same.

Combat:
Lank uses full round action run to get to the Garage.
Lank then uses as many rounds as required to open up the the door.
If Heretics enter from the Cells Lank takes cover behind the Rhino.
If heretics enter from the garage door Lank takes cover in the Rhino.

Hawkwings
2012-12-25, 12:41 AM
Forbidden Lore (Cults) test at +10: need a 52 or better.

[roll0]

Unbeknownst
2012-12-25, 01:29 AM
On my own... I could... But a song springs to mind. "Don't you know you never split the party." We're in this together. However I'm certainly not sticking around to get shot at. I'm sure everyone feels the same.

Combat:
Lank uses full round action run to get to the Garage.
Lank then uses as many rounds as required to open up the the door.
If Heretics enter from the Cells Lank takes cover behind the Rhino.
If heretics enter from the garage door Lank takes cover in the Rhino.

My character is starting to remember the rush she got from combat. She's never been happier.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-25, 02:55 AM
Forbidden Lore (Cults) test at +10: need a 52 or better.

[roll0]

Rani
Rani recognised the symbol on the man's forehead as soon as she saw it. It was the eight-pointed star of chaos.

She recognised the paint on the man too. Some time ago, when she'd just started work at the hospital, a pair of arbitraitors had brought in a man witm multiple stab wounds to the chest and neck. Smeared on his face and neck was thick white paint.

"What could have done this?"

"Cult of the pale sodding prophet, that's what." one had griped, before being shushed by the other.

Her curiosity had been piqued, and she'd looked in the hospital records for other cases where paint had been smeared on the victim. As far as she could tell, the cult killed people. Mostly underhivers, mostly young. They took them off the street, sliced them open ritually, and threw the bodies bleeding into the street.

Several of the reports had large sections marked as "Redacted, by the order of the Ordo Malleus".

ellna
2012-12-25, 10:12 AM
My character is starting to remember the rush she got from combat. She's never been happier.

Solaria used to be a fighting gal?

Unbeknownst
2012-12-25, 11:07 AM
Solaria used to be a fighting gal?

You know, might actually recognize her jacket if the DM lets you. He has knowlwdges.

ellna
2012-12-25, 03:32 PM
You know, might actually recognize her jacket if the DM lets you. He has knowlwdges.

Hmm Perhaps an Int roll is in order... [roll0]

So Common Lore (Imperium)? Or is this an (Underworld) :smallwink:

Edit:However I don't actually have common lore imperium, Keep forgetting I running a scummy assassin rather than an actual scum,... So It's either some gang logo or a guard marking? I reckon guard? Are you an ex-guard. I feel a compulsion to go back and read the recruitment thread, I think I will resist though.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-26, 01:35 AM
Common Lore (Underworld) would be appropriate: This looks like a success. Solaria, do you want to tell him or shall I?

Unbeknownst
2012-12-26, 10:45 AM
I got this:


Lank:
As you go to fiddle with the door, a though hits you. You recognize the greatcoat that Solaria is wearing as a lieutenant's coat from the Red Runners, an underhive Mafia group that specializes in heavy weapons and military tactics. They're sort of know as the underhive hitmen that you go to when you want **** dead.

The jacket's a bit faded and missing all its patches, but the dark red is a dead giveaway. As to why some waitress with what seems to be combat experience is wearing it you're no- Ah.

ellna
2012-12-26, 11:44 AM
Hmm... Excellent :smallsmile:

Unbeknownst
2012-12-26, 12:09 PM
Hmm... Excellent :smallsmile:

The more you know!

LeSwordfish
2012-12-26, 01:17 PM
Heretic #1 [12] Full action attempt to force down door.
Lank [10] Run to garage, try and break garage door
Solaria [7] Aim
Finch [7] Run toward garage.
Rani [5] No answer. I'll presume she's going with Lank and Finch.
Torvus [5] Auspex
Heretic #2 [4] Catch up with heretic #1

Lank
Lank has found a Crowbar! It counts as an improvised weapon.

Torvus
The Auspex also provides you with a complete map of the station and the streets around it. Should you want this map, I could provide it, but since it would take a while to draw up for now i'll just say:

Others
There's a variety of tools and gear to be found in the garage, and the rhino.


The enforcer base is three storeys tall- this floor, the lobby at ground level, and a floor of offices and admin rooms.
The auspex is currently set to "Life signs". There are: seven in the basement- you five and your attackers. One on the floor above- not moving, seems to be lying down. Five on the upper floor- as you watch, one flickers out. And dozens outside, mostly moving through the scanners range heading west-ish.
A wide streak is blotted out by a heat-wash. From the looks of it, it's the generator. Another turn with the Auspex and a Common Lore (Tech) test at -10 could take a guess at the cause of the damage.
The garage door comes out onto a backlot area. It seems to be broadly empty.


Map
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13673854/RPG/arbites_turn2.png

Turn 2
If Rani wants to do anything in turn one but run like i've said, so long as it doesn't mess anything up, let me know. Torvus also has a half action: the auspex is a half action.

Since Heretic #1 is our Initiative champion, he gets the first action of the next turn. He's going to suppressive fire the room.

[roll1] vs 25 -30 (Supressive fire) +30 (Range)

Willpower test from Solaria please.

Should the shot hit, [roll0] Solaria dodge, [roll2] damage, reduced for armour and toughness.

Whoa, max damage on first shot. A lucky miss, no?

ellna
2012-12-26, 01:32 PM
Lank continues to attempt to open the door... Until such a time As Torvus relays Solaria's "orders". Lank keeps trying to open the door full action. Do you wish me to make an IC post to that effect? Is the door resisting my efforts or is it nicely rising? I'm assuming I'm using the Crowbar?

Edit: Just read the IC post. It answers my questions. Can Lank see some shears or some cutting implement?

Edit Edit: I've posted. Lank uses a full action to further his efforts on the door.

LeSwordfish
2012-12-26, 03:23 PM
Lank can't see any shears or any big cutter. They'd likely need power anyway. He can see something that could break through the door, but i shan't take away the pleasure of working it out yourself.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-26, 06:28 PM
Willpower!

[roll0] vs 32

Gah! This is annoying.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-26, 06:38 PM
Wait, doesn't the heritic have to open the door first? Isn't that an action?

LeSwordfish
2012-12-26, 07:08 PM
His last turn was to try and open the door: Finch put up no resistance so it opened automatically.

Unbeknownst
2012-12-26, 07:10 PM
Well then. Fate Point!

[roll0] vs 32

... I succeeded?

ellna
2012-12-27, 09:32 AM
Lank can't see any shears or any big cutter. They'd likely need power anyway. He can see something that could break through the door, but i shan't take away the pleasure of working it out yourself.

I'm thinking:The rhino/The Heavy stubber?
But the rhino is powered down and the heavy stubber is being manned.
I shall think on this...

ellna
2012-12-27, 09:49 AM
Query:"Authorisation key needed"
Lank heard Torvus say this into his comm, Could a Security test have better luck at bypassing this measure than a Tech-use test. More importantly would Lank believe it to be within his skill...

LeSwordfish
2012-12-28, 03:18 PM
The stubber is unlocked, as closer inspection would show. To drive the rhino requires a keycard or authorisation. As it's a professional military system, Security tests would be impossible without professional gear.

Translation: No, you are not driving a tank out of the prologue of the campaign.

ellna
2012-12-29, 07:50 AM
:smallfrown: Oh well. I'll be happy with my skin.

ellna
2012-12-31, 05:14 AM
Also @ unbeknownst I think the WP is at -20 for suppressing fire according to the rules for it on Pg 191. So I think your WP test doesn't pass.

Hawkwings
2013-01-01, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for the slow post rate. I wanted to tell you that I will be on a trip for the next 5 days and if I post at all it will be short.

LeSwordfish
2013-01-01, 04:51 PM
That's okay, thanks for letting me know. Hope it goes well. Any general instructions for Rani? Will she be shooting the stubber? (It's simple enough for anyone who's seen a film, really.)

I appreciate this slipped over the holidays: hopefully another IC post tomorrow morning. Any further reaction from Torvus or Solaria? The test is failed, yes, so Solaria has to make for cover. Presumably the door to the garage instead of into the cell?

LeSwordfish
2013-01-02, 04:02 PM
Gear in the rhino
Two shotguns, each with 12 shells
Three clubs
Two knives
Two Flak vests

A reminder to myself: Lank has a crowbar, Solaria microbeadx2, autogun + 2 clips and flak vest, plus valuables. Torvus has a micro-bead.

Actions
Heretic #1 [12] Supressing fire
Lank [10] Try and break garage door
Solaria [7] Supressed, into garage doorway.
Finch [7] Run toward garage.
Rani [5] Taking control of stubber.
Torvus [5] ---
Heretic #2 [4] Move down the corridor.

Heretic #1 next turn
Continuing supressing fire. Solaria benefits from a +10 to the WP test and -20 to the BS test to hit from the cover.

[roll0] vs 25 -30 (Supressive fire) +30 (Range) -20 cover

Willpower test from Solaria: [roll1] vs 22

Should the shot hit, [roll2] Solaria dodge, [roll3] damage, reduced for armour and toughness.

Map
Unchanged really, save Solaria into the doorway and Heretic #2 three meters forward.

ellna
2013-01-03, 06:19 AM
Torvus marvelled slightly at Solaria's skill with the Rhino and machines, stopping momentarily to watch it, his attention soon diverted to her moving around searching and eventually equip herself, he briefly thought of asking for one of the micro-beads but decided otherwise for now. He moved near her grabbing and donning one of the flak vests, a shotgun and knife before shoving the contents of the small box into his pocket.


Torvus has a flak vest, shotgun, knife, contents of small box. And the micro bead Solaria gave him. And since Solaria grabbed the chrono and cash. Torvus nabbed two packs of lho sticks.

LeSwordfish
2013-01-03, 07:12 AM
Ah, sorry. Forgot if i'd mentioned the contents of the rhino or not.

Vizzi
2013-01-03, 07:54 PM
A smoking habit is good thing. Also ellna is right on what i took, otherwise i would have accounted for the -5 to everything in my roll. :smallsmile:

In any case considering how easily a damaged generator can Explode Torvus will be checking the Auspex again to make sure he doesn't die due to that at least.

Auspex Tech Use [roll0] vs 55 (45+10)
Common Lore (Tech) for Generator [roll1] vs 35 (45-10)

EDIT: A fail by 1. Amazing. In any case i should be back to posting regularly now.

ellna
2013-01-04, 06:07 AM
Indeed Lank was verily going the grab the Lho sticks the only promblem is IC he ain't seen them.

LeSwordfish
2013-01-06, 03:54 AM
Unbeknownst, you there?

LeSwordfish
2013-01-06, 05:14 PM
Actions
Heretic #1 [12] Suppressing fire
Lank [10] Searching tools
Solaria [7] ---
Finch [7] Get self and solaria out of line of fire.
Rani [5] "Say hello to my little friend" Establishing Kill zone, firing when heretic #2 goes through door.
Torvus [5] Auspex
Heretic #2 [4] Move down the corridor.

Rani's shooting
Full Auto burst

[roll0] vs 35 +20 Full Auto +30 Range
Heretic is surprised by the heavy fire, no dodge.
[roll1] damage, reduced for TB.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] Total of thirteen damage to the leg, nine to the body. Thats a +2 critical to the leg (half movement, fatigue) and a +11 crit to the body (Thrown backward through the door)

[roll5] Pinning, should he live. lulno
[roll6] Spare roll for critical hit.

Lank
Lank finds a combi-tool. There's probably other gear around, but exhaustion, darkness, and stress causes him to miss it.

ellna
2013-01-06, 05:15 PM
Lank will be pocketing that tool :smallbiggrin:

LeSwordfish
2013-01-06, 05:19 PM
IC post in a few mins.

ellna
2013-01-06, 05:21 PM
Lurk Lurk :smallbiggrin:

LeSwordfish
2013-01-06, 05:26 PM
[roll0] Fear test for heretic #1. Those drugs'll make you jumpy. Or not: apparently he's cool with seeing his buddy liquidised.

ellna
2013-01-06, 05:40 PM
Query: Does a(this) combitool have a cutting implement, filing or grinding acceptable.

Vizzi
2013-01-08, 11:22 PM
Considering the question she asked an overview of the entire station would be nice. At the very least concentration of enemy's or people, and points of interest.

LeSwordfish
2013-01-09, 03:08 AM
Query: Does a(this) combitool have a cutting implement, filing or grinding acceptable.

A very small cutter, more designed for wires than anything. It could get through the door, but you'd have to be clever.


Considering the question she asked an overview of the entire station would be nice. At the very least concentration of enemy's or people, and points of interest.

When I get home this evening I'll sketch one up.

LeSwordfish
2013-01-10, 08:53 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13673854/RPG/arbites2.jpg

Scale: 1 square=2m

The garage door opens onto the level below the arbites base: that level is more or less deserted. The red dots are people. Ground floor is on the level above you: The big "curve" is mostly doorways. There's furniture and so on, buit i created this map and the program crashed and i lost it.

ellna
2013-01-13, 11:12 AM
Lank used last turn to full move action and free action talk to Torvus.

LeSwordfish
2013-01-17, 05:05 PM
Hello? Anyone else?

Vizzi
2013-01-17, 10:21 PM
Not completely sure what to do right now.

Lycan 01
2013-01-17, 10:23 PM
Do I need to do more than slink away from the killzone? I'll post more if I need to. :smallconfused:

LeSwordfish
2013-01-18, 02:19 AM
Even if not, just post to say so so I know you've seen it and move on.

ellna
2013-01-18, 02:52 AM
Not completely sure what to do right now.

Lank is holding a Multi-tool you could ask/take it and attempt to fix the generator? Continue to look at the auspex? Search the garage for tools? Smash down the door?

Unbeknownst
2013-02-02, 12:53 PM
Ok. Sorry guys. I'm still alive. It will take me a bit to read through though. Getting caught up with my other games as well.

LeSwordfish
2013-02-03, 05:26 AM
That's fine. When you've posted, i can move on to the next chapter.

ellna
2013-02-05, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the XP. Lank will be storing it for now. Those tasty agility ranks need paying for. Lank ain't gonna be the first to comment on the riot... shellshock mode.

Vizzi
2013-02-07, 07:46 PM
Sweet, sweet xp.

Basic Weapon Training (SP) - 100 xp

I still have 100 xp left ill hold off on spending it for now. The Heavy Stubber is just a regular one right? How much ammo did we 'get' for it?

LeSwordfish
2013-02-07, 07:50 PM
Heavy stubber is a standard one, yeah. It's got a full clip, minus the two lots of shots Rani fired, so you should have 180 ammo for it. There's no other clips however.

Lycan 01
2013-02-13, 07:09 PM
Did Finch and the others hear the radio, or just Lank?

LeSwordfish
2013-02-14, 04:37 AM
Just Lank, but if they want to follow him up to the car they'll catch most of it.

ellna
2013-02-21, 11:31 AM
Hehe Interaction test... I think a charm test is in order then... I mean come on we're pals right? Fellowship 36, -10(Fatigue) & 1/2 for basic... so rolling against a 13... *sobs*

[roll0]

Either way more chatting at Emily coming up.

ellna
2013-02-21, 11:32 AM
Well I'll test the water with a fate point on that...

[roll0]

Edit:Yes indeedie. :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2013-02-21, 04:40 PM
Does the shotgun-toting Underworld chick count as an Underworld type? If so, maybe it would be better for Finch to try our social rolls with her, since he's kind of a social tank with Peer (Underworld) to back it up. Much better odds than 13%, at least. :smalleek:

ellna
2013-02-21, 04:46 PM
I'm pretty sure she counts as underworld-y as she is Lank's contact to the underworld. Please feel free to take over the talking, Lank is terrible at it, especially with his "fatigue". Although I did get a nice roll on my 13% chance. I'll be lucky if she doesn't just shoot me bringing you all here. :smallbiggrin:

LeSwordfish
2013-02-21, 05:53 PM
Yes, Peer (Underworld) will work.

Lycan 01
2013-02-27, 05:51 PM
Okay, using a Fate Point on that Charm test. :smallannoyed:

Charm: [roll0] vs 60


...............

Did that really just happen?

DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN!? :smalleek:

ellna
2013-02-28, 09:08 AM
:smallbiggrin: The dice gods are cruel masters.

LeSwordfish
2013-03-04, 12:12 PM
Right. Stuff on loan.

Emily's got a pretty wide selection of things available, and Lank's character sheet includes increasing availability on some things. As such, i'm going to suggest bastardising the Rogue Trader/Black Crusade method for what stuff she has in stock.


The base roll for availability is 20
Page 126 lists availability modifiers by rarity. Use these.
Page 127 lists modifiers for craftsmanship. Use these too, however double them. (So Best Quality is -4 levels, good is -2, and poor is +2)
You can make as many rolls as you want, but only one for each item. You may only take three items each, no matter how many successes.
A successful Interaction test gets you an extra item for each degree of success.


Fair enough?

ellna
2013-03-04, 01:26 PM
Um I've played neither black crusade or rogue trader. So I need a bit of a walk through on how to make an availability check like the one you put forward...

:smallconfused:

LeSwordfish
2013-03-04, 01:30 PM
Sorry, of all the things i mention...

Just roll vs 20 + (rarity modifier) + (craftsmanship modifier) like any test.

ellna
2013-03-04, 01:37 PM
Okedoke. Is this right?

Interaction test to get stuff:[roll0]vs13Lho sticks,stimm obscura.

Autopistol:[roll1]vs30? common(+10)
Multikey:[roll2]vs10? scarce(-10)
Gang Leathers:[roll3]vs30 common(+10)

Lycan 01
2013-03-12, 01:49 AM
Whoops, sorry for not posting! Kinda kept slipping my mind! :smalleek:

Hmmm, I'm thinking a nice pistol, some decent armor, and... that's really about it. Finch isn't expecting to do much beyond sneak around a bit or be the group's Face. If he gets in a situation where he actually needs armor, that armor probably isn't going to actually help him that much. :smalltongue:


Anyhoo... Urgh, looks like I've misplaced my DH rulebook. I'll find it in the morning, and add another roll or two. For the time being though, I'll go ahead and make some rolls (and hope my math is right).

You said as many rolls as we want, yes? I won't game the system and roll like 5 times for one item, but I am going to roll a few times for some Deuce Pistols, since a brace of dueling flintlocks seem more stylish and civilized than a little mass-produced autopistol. IE: more Finch's style, thanks to his foppish tastes. :smalltongue:

Hecuter: [roll0] vs 20
Talon Mark III: [roll1] vs 30
Deuce Pistol: [roll2] vs 30
Deuce Pistol: [roll3] vs 30
Deuce Pistol: [roll4] vs 30

And feh, here's a Charm test just for the lulz. Maybe she'll decide she really likes Finch and toss a Hardened Bodyglove his way or something. :smallwink:

Charm: [roll5] vs 60

DIPLOMANCY GUY, Y U NO GOOD AT DIPLOMACY!! >__<

Lycan 01
2013-03-27, 01:20 AM
Are you waiting for me? I hope not - I decided to just go with the three weapons I managed to roll. Sorry for not clarifying... :smallsigh:

Or is this game dead? :smallfrown:

LeSwordfish
2013-03-27, 04:30 AM
I think this has died.

Vizzi
2013-03-27, 11:42 AM
Seems to be that way.

Lycan 01
2013-03-27, 05:32 PM
Darn. :smallfrown:


It was fun while it lasted, though. You're a pretty good GM, Swordfish. I really liked the setup and storyline we had going. If you plan on running another DH (or Deathwatch, or Black Crusade) game at some point, please let me know. :smallsmile: