PDA

View Full Version : How many 0th level Wizard spells?

Story
2012-12-08, 11:48 AM
How many 0th level Wizard spells are there? I count 19 in the SRD and another 9 in the Spell Compendium, but I figure there's probably more out there. Since Wizards start with a spellbook containing every 0th level Wizard spell, I'm afraid it will be rather overloaded once you consider all the splats.

Flickerdart
2012-12-08, 11:59 AM
There are 49 of them across all books (mostly SpC and SRD but also some in Dragon 326 and others, and a couple scattered across sourcebooks), plus a bunch in the 3rd party Book of Experimental Might.

Aegis013
2012-12-08, 02:21 PM
There are 49 of them across all books (mostly SpC and SRD but also some in Dragon 326 and others, and a couple scattered across sourcebooks), plus a bunch in the 3rd party Book of Experimental Might.

Do you know how many are from Dragon? I only found 32 going through my books, I'm wondering if I missed some.

Slipperychicken
2012-12-08, 03:55 PM
100 more pages of spellbook is only 15gp anyway. If it's overloaded, no big deal, just buy another one with your WBL. And maybe put another point in Strength so you can hold the extra 3lb :smalltongue:

Story
2012-12-08, 03:58 PM
Wow, that means mundane spellbooks are basically free. I guess the main limitation is the cost of writing anything in it.

By the way, what level do you normally acquire a Blessed Book at?

StreamOfTheSky
2012-12-08, 05:07 PM
Depends if you can make one yourself w/ Craft Wondrous (ie, you get downtime) or if you can go on a quest to acquire some other mage's blessed book...probably by theft or killing. I managed to get one from a quest at 6th level once, though around level 8 is probably more realistic.