PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition IX Voting Thread

Tanuki Tales
2012-12-08, 12:49 PM
{table=head]Entry|Author|1st Place|2nd Place|3rd Place|Total|MLTSP Votes|MUE Votes

Quirksteed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14219333&postcount=7)|Kane0|14|6|1|21|3|2

The Shaman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14292359&postcount=10)|tallonRook|21|3|1|25|1|1

Atavist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14327786&postcount=12)|grimgrin|0|6|3|9|0|1
[/table]

Welcome one and all to the Voting thread for the ninth Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition! We have three wonderful entries for you to peruse over and only one will end up taking home the gold!

Now, the way the voting for this competition works is as follows:

You receive five votes to cast.
The first three votes are to be given to the entries that you believe should come in first, second and third place respectively. First place votes are worth seven points, second place three points and third place one point each. Keep in mind that such choices should go to the entries that you believe fit most closely to the given concept of the contest and not just the entries you like the most.
The fourth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is "Most Likely to See Play". This vote is cast for the entry that you could see yourself allowing as a DM or you could see yourself wanting to and being allowed to play at an actual game session by your DM.
The fifth vote is to be given to the entry that you believe is the "Most Unique". This vote is cast for the entry that you least expected to see made for this competition and that stands out the most compared to it's peers.
You may apply all types of votes to the same entry (but you of course cannot select the same entry for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place), but doing this does not better the chances of that entry winning anymore than if you selected three separate entries.
Once you make your vote, that's final. You can not take it back or change it. The first vote I see and tally on the scoreboard is how it will be until the end of the voting period.
Entrants are allowed to vote and can vote for their own entries if they so wish.
Please give reasoning for why you selected an entry as the recipient of any of your votes.
Please Bold your choice for each vote.
In the case of any ties I will cast the tiebreaker vote.

The voting will remain open through December 15th and the winners will be declared December 16th.

Milo v3
2012-12-08, 04:45 PM
1st - The Shaman
It is an interesting class with a large amounts of options while still allowing for diversity and fufilling multiple character roles.

2nd - Quirksteed
A horse-like beast which has a very primal feel to it. They would also make very interesting mounts for a tribal culture.

3rd - Atavist
It isn't really a balanced race, but most of the flavour is nice and it allows you to play a fey.

MLTSP - Quirksteed
They would also make very interesting mounts for a tribal culture, which see them as noble beasts who are amazingly hard to control.

MU - The Shaman
The Shaman possess range of different skills, and it allows for even similiar characters to have completely different builds.

Alchemyst
2012-12-08, 06:51 PM
1st - Shaman
2nd - Atavist
3rd - Quirksteed
MUE - Atavist
MLTSP - Shaman

StainedSuccubus
2012-12-09, 01:04 AM
1st: Shaman -Exactly what I wanted from this thread. It took the Druids and took them back centuries, explaining the split. I would have liked to see a more detailed background- such as a war or split between tribes of magicka that separated Shamans we see today and Druids. <3
2nd: Quirksteed 0 Loved it, but I feel it would have been an amazing CR3 or CR4 by at least doubling the HP and upping the AC by at least 3 points.
3rd: Atavist - I was very disappointed. You could have gone to town with this entry!!! If you had elaborated and added I would have voted this as a first place entry- A Darwinist themed contest SHOULD have a sapient entry, but it should blow the others away with detail, background, and builds as well as prestige options.
MLTSP: Quirksteed. I would use this in my campaigns, but most likely adjust it as a CR3 and add an ability such as a percentile chance to roll against the group to dodge by using a shadow ability or to escape a grapple. (I can see my group deciding to do "yippe-ky-yay" on it and trying to rope or ride it just for kicks... intelligent ones I have.)
MUE: Quirksteed (again). The Shaman and Atavist are entries that are expected from this theme, but using an animal such as a horse and twisting it was great to see and unexpected.

Alchemic Ooze
2012-12-09, 01:10 AM
1st- Quirksteed
2nd- Shaman
3rd- Atavist
MLTSP- Quirksteed
MU- Quirksteed

Tanuki Tales
2012-12-09, 01:37 AM
Tallied to here.

Tanuki Tales
2012-12-13, 03:07 PM
Three days still remain for voting everyone!

Midwoka
2012-12-13, 07:01 PM
1st: Quirksteed
2nd: Atavist
3rd: Shaman

MLTSP: Quirksteed

MUE: Quirksteed

Tanuki Tales
2012-12-15, 08:59 PM
Tallied to here.

Tanuki Tales
2012-12-16, 12:04 AM
Voting is closed and congratulations to those who won!

1st Place - The Shaman

2nd Place - Quirksteed

3rd Place - Atavist

Most Likely to See Play - Quirksteed
Most Unique Entry - Quirksteed
Judge's Choice - Atavist