PDA

View Full Version : Avenger/Ranger Hybrid

TopCheese
2012-12-08, 05:15 PM
I'm in a car as my friend drives so I'm away from books/WoTC character builder but we are having a little discussion on hybrids.

Would a Avenger/Ranger Hybrid roll twice on each attack from twin strike if he is targeting his Oath of Emnity?

Also from another discussion earlier, would power attack work on such a build if the PC had two long swords? PA isn't the greatest but with such potential to roll high or crit... It seems like it may just work.

What does the playground think?

Kurald Galain
2012-12-08, 05:39 PM
No, because for a hybrid, Oath of Enmity applies only to Avenger powers.

vasharanpaladin
2012-12-09, 05:18 PM
If you want it to work, though, straight avenger as a half-elf with Adept Dilettante.

Arranis Thelmos
2012-12-09, 10:25 PM
Wouldn't a Ranger that took the Avenger multiclass feat Disciple of Divine Wrath get it though?

ThiagoMartell
2012-12-09, 11:12 PM
Wouldn't a Ranger that took the Avenger multiclass feat Disciple of Divine Wrath get it though?

Yes, but only for one target per encounter, maybe two with Refocus Enmity

Tegu8788
2012-12-09, 11:23 PM
Striker|Striker and Leader|Leader are some of the worst hybrids that can be made in general, because it's very hard to stack Striker features, and you end up losing out on a heal with hybrids. Executioner is the only one I'm really aware of that stacks, and that's only with fake MBA powers. Multiclass works much better for doubling Striker features, and getting a little extra damage once per encounter may or may not be important to you.

vasharanpaladin
2012-12-10, 02:25 PM
Striker|Striker and Leader|Leader are some of the worst hybrids that can be made in general, because it's very hard to stack Striker features, and you end up losing out on a heal with hybrids. Executioner is the only one I'm really aware of that stacks, and that's only with fake MBA powers. Multiclass works much better for doubling Striker features, and getting a little extra damage once per encounter may or may not be important to you.

This. Avenger|Executioner and Executioner|Warlock are pretty much the only Striker|Striker hybrids that work this way.

As an aside, Bard|Warlord and Ardent|Bard are really awesome combinations, and all but one of the "switch" builds popularized on WotC's CharOp board is Leader|Leader. :smallwink: