PDA

View Full Version : Going Cross-Eyed with Warblade Maneuvers

Palanan
2012-12-08, 06:12 PM
I'm using warblades for the first time in my game, and I'm trying to understand the details of the recovery mechanic. I'm still new to maneuvers and etc., so please bear with me.

My one pressing question right now is whether a warblade needs to expend all of his maneuvers before recovering them. Can he expend a maneuver, initiate recovery, and expend it again, ad infinitum? And can he keep recovering his preferred maneuver while he still has other, unexpended maneuvers available?

Aegis013
2012-12-08, 06:16 PM
You do not need to have expended all of your maneuvers to recover. However, you can not initiate the recovery mechanic and use a maneuver in the same turn.

Say you use Maneuver A, and want it back asap. Next turn you initiate the recovery with your swift and make an attack/full attack. Then on the next turn, you can use Maneuver A again, as you've refreshed all of your readied maneuvers.

Palanan
2012-12-08, 06:22 PM
So, I can use Maneuver A, then recover with a regular attack, then use Maneuver A again, pretty much constantly, while Maneuvers B and C remain readied and completely unused?

Just want to be sure I'm understanding. Much too used to playing spellcasters. ; )

Aegis013
2012-12-08, 06:24 PM
That's correct.

Let's say you have Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind, and Douse the Flames as your first level maneuvers.

Turn 1, use Steel Wind.
Turn 2, use recovery and make normal attack.
Turn 3, use Steel Wind.
Turn 4, use recovery... ad nauseum.

The other two continue being readied the entire time.

Palanan
2012-12-08, 06:26 PM
Okay, I am now educated. Thanks very much indeed, I appreciate the enlightenment.

:smallbiggrin: