PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Stacking Cross-Class feats

Chaosvii7
2012-12-08, 07:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's two cross-class feats that generate an interaction between the same class and offer a benefit for crossing(such as, say, Sacred Outlaw and Sacred Preformer - both require you take Cleric and stack the same thing by coincidence, while each of them directly benefits from leveling Cleric), then they should realistically be able to stack simply by taking levels of the class they share in common? I mean, by no means is that balanced, and it would shoot your MAD through the roof, but it's possible by RAW, right? Each one says that your levels in one class and the other benefits specific parameters, and if you have two that share a common class as a factor, then taking that one class would believably make those benefits stack?

I use the feats I use because that's the build in particular I'm trying to work with, and I have an incredibly lenient GM - He uses most-all Wizards books(Basically just no ToB) and is only concerned with RAW - though he does ban the rules that he thinks are dissatisfactory, such as sneak attack only proccing on the first hit of a full attack(which hurts him just as much as it hurts us of course). He really doesn't hold back in any way, so I figured as long as I can point to a book and read it out to him, it will be fine to make a character that has such a large breadth of expertise at the cost of a huge dependency on what, 3-4 ability scores?

Also yes, I know I'd need to pick up Initiate of Milil to make the bard part of the build any useful, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for song-'n-dance murder cleric.

Flickerdart
2012-12-08, 08:02 PM
Yes, if you have a feat that stacks, say, your Rogue and Paladin levels, and another stacking your Rogue and Fighter levels, then by taking Rogue levels you still get to use both of those feats. Just because you benefit from doing so doesn't mean adding together your levels in those classes suddenly results in a different number.

Chaosvii7
2012-12-08, 08:39 PM
Yes, if you have a feat that stacks, say, your Rogue and Paladin levels, and another stacking your Rogue and Fighter levels, then by taking Rogue levels you still get to use both of those feats. Just because you benefit from doing so doesn't mean adding together your levels in those classes suddenly results in a different number.

I know, I just like to create characters, and this seemed like a pretty good idea on paper. Thanks for the help.