PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawlin' Fools question (no spoilers)

Agnostik
2012-12-08, 10:14 PM
Recently I've been reading (and re-reading) the books, and in DCF I noticed one particular change from the online comic that piqued my interest.

In the last two panels of the online version of #16 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0016.html), Durkon mishears Roy's "which is kinda cool" as "a lich is binding ghouls", but in the book Roy simply says "which is cool" and Durkon mishears "lich's ghoul".

I don't understand why this change was made, to be honest. Does it have something to do with the D&D rules? :smallconfused:

Nimrod's Son
2012-12-08, 10:27 PM
No, it's presumably just a case of Rich preferring the wording in the new version. Maybe he thought the original was too far-fetched, but personally that's exactly what I liked about it. I don't think the change is an improvement at all.

Agnostik
2012-12-09, 12:15 AM
I also prefer the original version, to be honest.

Winter
2012-12-09, 04:00 AM
As long as Durkon is not shooting his Turn Undead first I can live with it.

ti'esar
2012-12-09, 05:45 AM
As long as Durkon is not shooting his Turn Undead first I can live with it.

I was wondering how long it would take.

Winter
2012-12-09, 06:28 AM
Now you know: Three replies. :smallbiggrin:

The Giant
2012-12-12, 05:37 PM
The fun part of this is that I don't remember why I made that change, either. So the answer can never be known.

I do know that I removed the blood pools from the chimera's death because I had changed the way I handled bloodshed in the comic (that is, I stopped putting a lot of blood in even in situations that would logicially require it, like decapitation). And that I changed "illithid" to "illithoid" to forestall a visit from the real-world analogues of Mr. Jones & Mr. Rodriguez. But that one, I can't even figure out.

Mutant Sheep
2012-12-12, 05:52 PM
Good to see you're back, and answering the strangest questions you can find.:smallamused: Nice to see your hands didn't rot off.:smallwink:(I need to fill my crazy fan quota beyond an obnoxious smiley joke, don't I? OMG MIKO BUTTON OF MURDER DABLORP.)

I prefer the old one just because he really IS stretching it at that point.:smallbiggrin: *durps around more*

ReaderAt2046
2012-12-13, 06:55 AM
The fun part of this is that I don't remember why I made that change, either. So the answer can never be known.

I do know that I removed the blood pools from the chimera's death because I had changed the way I handled bloodshed in the comic (that is, I stopped putting a lot of blood in even in situations that would logicially require it, like decapitation). And that I changed "illithid" to "illithoid" to forestall a visit from the real-world analogues of Mr. Jones & Mr. Rodriguez. But that one, I can't even figure out.

Yay! Typing capacity regained!

Winter
2012-12-13, 02:26 PM

Just don't start to switch in more and more faces of Hayden Christiansen with every new print. :smalltongue:

(And yes, I'm going to beat that horse until the current arc is over)