PDA

View Full Version : Red Hoof of Doom OOC

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

MandibleBones
2013-03-25, 02:42 PM
Theoboldi: I haven't forgotten you guys just 'cause you're out of combat; I'll get to you soonest :-)

Theoboldi
2013-03-25, 03:00 PM
Theoboldi: I haven't forgotten you guys just 'cause you're out of combat; I'll get to you soonest :-)

Don't worry. We're still busy splitting up the loot, after all. :smalltongue:

Rendel Nep
2013-03-25, 03:45 PM
I guess you'll have your work cut out then. Honestly as far Cordon knows this is just a simple rescue mission and that cloak might well be an ugly looking shower curtain for all he knows.

Theoboldi
2013-03-25, 04:12 PM
Okay then. I'll just put the cloak on my sheet and let you have the gemstones if that's your decision.

GFawkes
2013-03-26, 04:59 PM
Alright, just got another plan: what if each head is knocked unconscious? It's not chopped off, so it wouldn't regenerate. I'm not sure if it would work though.

Nihilarian
2013-03-26, 05:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the only way to target an individual head is to sunder it. Otherwise we just attack the thing as a whole. At least, that's how the SRD hydra works. This one might be different.

MandibleBones
2013-03-26, 07:06 PM
It's an SRD hydra. I saw no need to change something that worked any more than necessary.

GFawkes
2013-03-26, 09:09 PM
In that case, how would the effect of Blinding Buster work with targeting the body? Here's the exact quote:

You assault your foes with a torrent of such brightness that it steals away their very sight. Your target takes (6d6 + your Cha mod) damage, and gains the blinded condition for one round. With a successful fortitude save, the target is dazzled rather than blinded.

MandibleBones
2013-03-27, 03:40 AM
I'm going to go with automatically dazzled, and the damage is applied normally. That seems to work with the "too many heads to be blinded" thing.

Noctemwolf
2013-03-28, 07:48 PM
Since I go next to last (AND since I screwed up thinking i might confuse the bugger) I'm going to wait and see what everyone else does first.

My plan thus far is to use the new spell I got (Spiritual weapon) and try to distract it with that. Unless, you know, you guys would just prefer me to run. :smallbiggrin:

Shunka Warakin
2013-03-30, 04:11 AM
I'm not sure why, but this seems to have slowed down lately...

(And I know I'm not one to talk, I often am a laggard, post-wise.)

HAVING SAID THAT:

Click HERE and perhaps it will inspire you to TRULY HEROIC PONYING. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3E5FFFYRUgI)

http://applejack.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/136015634186.gif

Theoboldi
2013-03-30, 03:09 PM
DM burnout? I'd be really sad to just see this die off like this.

Also, ...

Click HERE and perhaps it will inspire you to TRULY HEROIC PONYING. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3E5FFFYRUgI)

'dat video. is really old. :smalltongue:

Nihilarian
2013-03-30, 07:30 PM
I'm pretty sure we're waiting for Shining Hope, on our side. DM still might have left, though.

Rendel Nep
2013-03-30, 11:58 PM
In fairness, it is easter. He might be busy with family and stuff.

MandibleBones
2013-03-31, 05:38 AM
There's definitely some DM burnout too (with gaming in general, not this game), but I'm not abandoning the game. Just waiting on combat posts at this point.

Bridle crowd, updating you now.

Theoboldi
2013-03-31, 05:52 PM
There's definitely some DM burnout too (with gaming in general, not this game), but I'm not abandoning the game. Just waiting on combat posts at this point.

Bridle crowd, updating you now.

Sorry if I'm rushing you. I just got worried, since a lot of games I'm in seem to have died off lately. Take as much time as you need.

MandibleBones
2013-03-31, 06:20 PM
Sorry if I'm rushing you. I just got worried, since a lot of games I'm in seem to have died off lately. Take as much time as you need.

You're not rushing me :-) It's something I've dealt with before. In the past, I've just taken a break from gaming, but I determined before I started this game that I would not abandon it for anything short of life, limb or catastrophic computer failure.

Shunka Warakin
2013-03-31, 08:37 PM
Actually it looked (still looks) more to me like a lack of player updating than GM burnout and I've more been talking about this past week than just this weekend...I'm sorry to hear you're feeling the effects of burnout, Bones. Hope you enjoyed the silly video anyway.

MandibleBones
2013-04-01, 05:12 AM
Actually it looked (still looks) more to me like a lack of player updating than GM burnout and I've more been talking about this past week than just this weekend...I'm sorry to hear you're feeling the effects of burnout, Bones. Hope you enjoyed the silly video anyway.

I thought the silly video was awesome, and will be including it in the next thread's first post whenever we get there (note my confidence).

Like I said, burnout's nothing new for me. It's why I'm running a pony game: even burnt out, it makes me happy :smallbiggrin:

MandibleBones
2013-04-01, 05:19 AM
Oh, and if I could have the Bridle crowd give me an INT check, please? And an attack roll for Cordon, vs. AC 20 to hit the tree in an opportune spot.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-01, 08:17 AM
Heh. I just watched the video again and realized (this is a WoWarcraft-player joke, sorry) at 1:20, Luna is MOONFIRE-SPAMMING Trixie.

Theoboldi
2013-04-01, 08:51 AM
I assume we are making these to realise how bad of an idea this is?

[roll0] INT check

MandibleBones
2013-04-01, 09:05 AM
Actually, it's to realize that your cliff is about fifteen feet higher than the opposite cliff, so you can make a zipline(*). Though you'll have some trouble getting back up.

*Yes, I realize none of you have hands. But if it works (for some value of work) for the CMC, it can work for you.

And yeah, 14's enough for that. Oh, and it's also to realize you saw a bridge a little further down.

MandibleBones
2013-04-01, 09:06 AM
Heh. I just watched the video again and realized (this is a WoWarcraft-player joke, sorry) at 1:20, Luna is MOONFIRE-SPAMMING Trixie.

I saw that :-) There's a cast list in the comments, incidentally. I was more amused by the "yes, Shining Armor IS in fact a paladin; don't mess with his hammer" later on.

Theoboldi
2013-04-01, 09:17 AM
Actually, it's to realize that your cliff is about fifteen feet higher than the opposite cliff, so you can make a zipline(*). Though you'll have some trouble getting back up.

*Yes, I realize none of you have hands. But if it works (for some value of work) for the CMC, it can work for you.

And yeah, 14's enough for that. Oh, and it's also to realize you saw a bridge a little further down.

I thought the only bridge was broken? But really, at this point it's very much IC for Charcoal just to use the zipline instead. Because zipline.

Rendel Nep
2013-04-01, 09:56 AM
OK, I was assuming the cliff faces were about the same elevation, so that new information might actually change where Cordon is going to aim.
Also I've always imagined it takes two hoofs to operate most ranged weapons, anyway.

MandibleBones
2013-04-01, 11:37 AM
I thought the only bridge was broken? But really, at this point it's very much IC for Charcoal just to use the zipline instead. Because zipline.

It's more of a "this is a rickety, mostly-broken bridge over a 50-foot drop into a rushing river! DRAMATIC!" broken than it is a "this bridge has disintegrated" broken. If you wanted to try your rope option at the bridge area, giving you something to hold on to, I'd allow it.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-03, 03:47 PM
Worried that we may have lost our magical filly.

Nihilarian
2013-04-03, 07:27 PM
Entirely possible. Should we shoot GFawkes a message?

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-04, 11:39 PM
Last post looks to be Mar. 26th...A little over a week ago.

Should we wait until this weekend is over and perhaps declare our Magical Filly has escaped off the East edge of the map?

On the one hand, I believe I've absented myself more than 2 weeks at a time and I totally understand how much life can get in the way of internet gaming.

On the other, I don't think we were in combat when I did. And come to think of it, I don't think Mial has posted in the same time-frame. Hrgh.

Tomorrow I'll go ahead and get Meteor's post up there. I shouldn't wait to post 'in order' anyway, that's just asking to slow things down more.

Noctemwolf
2013-04-05, 01:23 AM
Last post looks to be Mar. 26th...A little over a week ago.

Should we wait until this weekend is over and perhaps declare our Magical Filly has escaped off the East edge of the map?

On the one hand, I believe I've absented myself more than 2 weeks at a time and I totally understand how much life can get in the way of internet gaming.

On the other, I don't think we were in combat when I did. And come to think of it, I don't think Mial has posted in the same time-frame. Hrgh.

Tomorrow I'll go ahead and get Meteor's post up there. I shouldn't wait to post 'in order' anyway, that's just asking to slow things down more.

True enough. I mean, I've already fled off the edge of the map. X) NOt hard to think she did as well.

I think we actually Could take the thing, but seeing in-universe there scary mutha friggers....

What does a hero truly need...?

A backbone. 0-0

MandibleBones
2013-04-05, 05:59 AM
If neither Mial nor GFawkes has posted by, say, midnight tonight London time (12 hours hence), I'll advance the scene with them both having followed you all with withdraw actions. I assume they're both continuing on the same path unless otherwise stated.

I know GFawkes was having some computer / IRL issues, and Mial's usually good about posting once everyone else has. But yeah, I'll speed things along tonight unless otherwise noted.

Nihilarian
2013-04-10, 09:39 PM
No posts for a while. Anyone still here?

radmelon
2013-04-10, 09:44 PM
yes, just been kind of busy. will post later today, almost definitely

MandibleBones
2013-04-11, 03:30 AM
Present and busily restatting Vraath Keep, but I'll be ready when people want to go in. As for the Bridle crowd, it seemed like there were some questions you had for one another, so I didn't want to railroad before you had answers.

Theoboldi
2013-04-11, 08:05 AM
We're currently just waiting for THEChanger's thoughts on the situation. It usually takes him a while to respond.

If he doesn't have any issues with my suggested way of action you can just move us forward, of course.

Rendel Nep
2013-04-12, 07:57 AM
Yep definately waiting to see if THEchanger can come up a better plan than Cordon's current one which is kind of terrible.

Entaris
2013-04-12, 09:12 AM
...if I knew how to applaud like you ponies, I would, but for now I'll use my biped hands -claps-Almost wish I could've been here for this

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-12, 09:27 AM
Howdy Entaris!

Glad you are enjoying.

Folks, I'm hoping we hear back from our little lost lam ponies fairly soon. It just appears to me that zooming into the keep will almost surely put us right back into the situation of 'well, there's combat but half the party isn't responding'.

I've got surgery in an hour but I expect to be coherent this afternoon and to post more dawdling at the gate then. Many sorries.

I realized AFTER Bones had posted, and AFTER I had fussed and worried about others posting...That Meteor herself had never made a second post. Mea culpa. Stupid me. I've been in a lot of pain the last week and a half, and heavy drugs for the most recent part of it, so my focus has been much less than it could or should have been. Very sorry.

radmelon
2013-04-12, 08:45 PM
I've got surgery in an hour but I expect to be coherent this afternoon and to post more dawdling at the gate then. Many sorries.

I realized AFTER Bones had posted, and AFTER I had fussed and worried about others posting...That Meteor herself had never made a second post. Mea culpa. Stupid me. I've been in a lot of pain the last week and a half, and heavy drugs for the most recent part of it, so my focus has been much less than it could or should have been. Very sorry.

You have an entirely valid reason for posting slowly. Medical emergencies take precedence over playtime, and I do hope you start feeling better soon.

Nihilarian
2013-04-12, 10:00 PM
Medical emergencies are medical emergencies. Take your time to get better.

DM, I'd recommend sending a message to anyone who has not posted in a while. If you're still interested in continuing this game.

Noctemwolf
2013-04-13, 03:22 PM
Agreed on the medical thing. Get better soon, Shunka!

Entaris
2013-04-13, 06:18 PM
Yaeh, I'm bein a creeper, sorry XD, but Would a pegasus being a jouster (and subsequently being named Ace Lancer) be weird?

Rendel Nep
2013-04-14, 12:11 AM
Yaeh, I'm bein a creeper, sorry XD, but Would a pegasus being a jouster (and subsequently being named Ace Lancer) be weird?

No that sounds quite reasonable. I'm playing an unicorn Master chef genius level scholar. I think you'd be tipping the balance towards normal really. :smalltongue:

MandibleBones
2013-04-14, 12:53 PM
Everyone, I'm sorry I haven't posted all weekend: I flew back to the States from London on Friday and subsequently was sick all weekend like I have not been in years.

I am indeed interested in continuing the game, and will send out a message to everyone we're missing tomorrow. In the mean time, I wish She-Who-Is-Recovering-From-Surgery the best in said recovery, and hope everyone enjoys what remains of the weekend.

MandibleBones
2013-04-15, 01:04 PM
PMs sent to everybody in the Adventurers group. Will update that IC today, as soon as I work out what everypony gets from their knowledge rolls.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-16, 06:55 PM
I am still in the wonderful world of opiates, although they've switched out my Hydrocodone for Vicodin, and I don't quite understand why since those both seem to be combinations of acetaminophen and the same opiate (hydrocodone). I am sure to someone with better knowledge of medicine this makes sense.

I still need the stuff to get to sleep but I can churn slowly through my days without it, at least. Not pleasant but better than addicting myself to constant dosage (the stuff IS addictive and you CAN have really ugly withdrawal symptoms and I DON'T NEED THAT).

Still one of the most horrible "Now introducing your guest surgeon, Murphy." operations I have ever been through. It ran almost three times as long as scheduled due to complications.

Rendel Nep
2013-04-18, 01:36 AM
Nearly two weeks of waiting. Don't mind me, just going to grizzle a bit.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-18, 11:43 AM
Sorry Rendel!

I'm pretty sure we're trying to recover that at this point and get things flowing again.

Rendel Nep
2013-04-18, 02:17 PM
Nothing is directed at you or Mandiblebones for that matter. Just waiting on THEchanger.

MandibleBones
2013-04-18, 06:06 PM
And just when I was talking about being better, I got sicker instead.

I have replies to the PM from everybody except GFawkes; has anyone heard from them lately? I hope they're okay.

Adventurers: in response to your Knowledge rolls!

Architecture:
Sojourner/18: This matches the description of Vraath Keep; if not, it's a dead ringer for it in its construction. The walls themselves look quite stable. It's a simple, one-story structure, with a tall tower in the back. Ground surrounding the keep is dry, like the summer.

Dusty Tomes/30:This matches the description of Vraath Keep; if not, it's a dead ringer for it in its construction. The walls themselves look quite stable. It's a simple, one-story structure, with a tall tower in the back. Ground surrounding the keep is dry, like the summer. The keep itself looks to have taken damage over the years; you can see, in addition to the front gate, a place on the side where numerous hurled boulders have managed to penetrate the wall.

Dungeoneering:
Bookend/20: If the keep is occupied, you're going to have to be very quiet to avoid alerting the occupants to your exploring. Still, castles like this are often split by stone walls inside, so hiding should be less of an issue than sound.

Dusty Tomes/29: If the keep is occupied, you're going to have to be very quiet to avoid alerting the occupants to your exploring. Still, castles like this are often split by stone walls inside, so hiding should be less of an issue than sound. Old castles like this usually hid treasure in a secret basement, to avoid raiders running off with it.

Geography:
Bookend/17: A castle like this would be stationed along the path through a wood in order to easily protect the road from bandits and invaders. The clearing around it gives little shelter for a sneak attack, but if the ponies keep low, it's unlikely anyone will see them without themselves being seen, at least.

History:
33/Dusty Tomes: The Story of Vraath Keep

In the time of the Tiri Kitor pegasi's ancient kingdom of Rhest, well before the founding of Equestria, one small fortress of earth ponies stood along the thin trade path that would one day come to be called the Dawn Way. This was Vraath Keep, and its earth pony soldiers guarded travelers from any who would prey upon them from the ground. The skies, of course, belonged to the pegasi.

A few years before the fall of Rhest, an ambitious young pony named Amery Vraath — names were more complicated in those days, but it translates to something like "Too-Smart-For-His-Own-Good Soldier" — inherited the keep. When the Rhestilor kingdom dissolved, Amery claimed the forest as his own. He sought to cleanse the Witchwood of what he saw as an "unnatural taint" and danger: the Twistusk clan of forest giants. Early one summer day, Amery led a band of mercenaries and adventurers against the giants, forcing them to flee into the mountains and burning their homes to the ground.

Their victory was short-lived. A week later, the surviving Twistusks attacked the keep in a tremendous thunderstorm. Without the might of the Tiri Kitor of Rhestilor to control the weather, the giants' own druids turned it against the earth ponies, along with hurled boulders and poisoned arrows. When the sun rose, four giants were dead in the keep, but none of the residents remained. The few survivors were taken by the giants — eaten, some say, or sold into slavery, or perhaps there were simply no survivors other than Amery Vraath. Amery did not last much longer than his soldiers: a giant's arrow poisoned him, and he wasted away in the vault below the keep, hiding from the giants.

The Twistusks have not been seen in years. Perhaps Amery managed to kill them off after all, or perhaps they simply realized they were unwanted.

Rumors persist that Amery's ghost still haunts the ruins, however many hundreds of years later, and those few who dare to travel the Dawn Way at night say they sometimes hear the sounds of his anguished cries coming from somewhere deep underground.

Nature:
Meteor and Sojourner/25: Old keeps in the woods like this are often used by large monsters — chimera, manticores, even small dragons — as nests. Best to be on your guard.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-19, 11:07 AM
Ouch, Bones, sorry to hear and hope you feel better soon!

I just got back from a follow-up and they're pleased, swelling is almost all gone and while it's still tender it seems to be healing alright.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-21, 07:09 PM
Ouch, Bones, sorry to hear and hope you feel better soon!

I just got back from a follow-up and they're pleased, swelling is almost all gone and while it's still tender it seems to be healing alright.

Hope you're feeling a little better, Bones.

Anyway, I don't know how other people feel about this, but I wanted to put it out there...

Until we've got contact back with GFawkes, how comfortable would you be with just NPCing their character vis-a-vis any encounters, Bones?

Also, is Entaris possibly joining in?

I'm worried that this is falling apart. D:

Hope everybody is okay.

MandibleBones
2013-04-21, 07:28 PM
I am well, though quite tired from this weekend.

I would be fine with portraying Shining Hope as required, though I feel a little uncomfortable doing so without GFawkes' permission. Let's give it one more day, as I'm not likely to get anything done tonight anyway.

I don't know if Entaris wants to join us or just read our cool pony story, but I'd rather work him in with the Bridle crowd than the mane party —*give them four characters to round out a party. What say the Bridle crowd?

Also, I am very, very glad THEChanger is safe and okay. Since he's posted, I'll update that party soon.

Theoboldi
2013-04-21, 07:54 PM
I don't know if Entaris wants to join us or just read our cool pony story, but I'd rather work him in with the Bridle crowd than the mane party —*give them four characters to round out a party. What say the Bridle crowd?

If he's up for it, I say sure. We could use someone to soak up all the sharp, partially metallic objects flying towards our shoulders.

Also, hooray for THEChanger not having spontenously combusted. I was starting to worry a tiny bit. Hope that things start being easier for him soon.

THEChanger
2013-04-21, 10:20 PM
I am still alive. I live in Boston currently, and it's right around Finals week. So that, combined with recent events, have made things...difficult. But I'm alright.

Rendel Nep
2013-04-22, 05:59 AM
I am still alive. I live in Boston currently, and it's right around Finals week. So that, combined with recent events, have made things...difficult. But I'm alright.

Sorry about bugging you with the PM but I thought we woz abandoned!

THEChanger
2013-04-22, 06:44 AM
Not at all! PMs are helpful. The internet is a wonderful place, but I often get distracted by other things when I mean to be making a post here. Please, don't hesitate to send me a PM if it looks like I'm slacking in the future.

It's just in this particular instance, other things were going on as well.

MandibleBones
2013-04-22, 10:53 AM
Okay. Of the five of you who responded in the Adventurers' crowd, all of you wanted to keep playing. Posting times ranged from once a day to twice a week, so let's go with a preferred once every two days (and I'll make sure to meet or exceed that as well).

One of you asked for a hiatus of two weeks (but this was nearly a week ago). Coincidentally, I will be out of state and may or may not have steady internet access for about a week. I suggest we take a hiatus (planning, of course, is still allowed and excellent) until the first of May, on which day we storm the castle. If, by then, we have not heard from GFawkes, I will portray Shining Hope until such a time as GFawkes returns or we can leave the character safely somewhere. What say the rest?

Rendel Nep
2013-04-29, 01:53 AM
Things seem to be working again. Hurray!

MandibleBones
2013-04-29, 04:36 AM
At some point before the first of May, everyone please check in and let us know you're alive?

Theoboldi
2013-04-29, 08:19 AM
The timing of this hiatus couldn't have been more perfect.

Also, I'm still alive. Hate to disappoint anyone who was hoping otherwise.

radmelon
2013-04-29, 09:04 AM
Red Pone standing by.

Nihilarian
2013-04-29, 09:51 AM
Yes, I have continued existing despite the lack of GitP forums.

Shunka Warakin
2013-04-29, 11:23 AM
Yay! Forum! I was starting to worry they might be down for good.:smalleek:

I am a bit work-inundated this week. I hope we hear from GFawkes. I am inclined to think we'll be in combat again fairly soon...

Noctemwolf
2013-04-30, 01:55 PM
Mrah.

(I think that means I'm alive and hanging out to see what happens!)

THEChanger
2013-05-01, 12:10 AM
Achoo.

Still here. I brought my cold with me. I hope everyone's okay with that.

Mial
2013-05-01, 11:17 AM
I'm here! Are we back? Life on the gitp forums shimmers.

MandibleBones
2013-05-01, 12:34 PM
Today being the first, how do we feel about storming the castle? How are you approaching? What do you need to know next?

Nihilarian
2013-05-01, 02:44 PM
Unless faced with a puzzle, Bookend's first thought is going from point A to point B as quick as possible. So he'd be all for storming the castle.

radmelon
2013-05-01, 07:32 PM
Well, we're mostly on a scouting mission, right? We should make speed our objective.

Mial
2013-05-01, 11:47 PM
We're storming the castle? Think it'll work?

(I'm for it.)

Noctemwolf
2013-05-02, 03:11 AM
Quick in, quick out to report our findings sounds good to me.

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-02, 12:51 PM
Here and all for it.

Rendel Nep
2013-05-03, 02:07 AM
Still here, still.

MandibleBones
2013-05-03, 05:11 PM
Updated! As promised, will update again within two days as DM, and will attempt to portray Shining Hope in the meantime.

Bridle, I'm behind on yours, but at this point I need to know whether you are attempting to access the near ziggurat, the pens in between, or the far ziggurat. Or something else entirely, I guess.

Theoboldi
2013-05-03, 05:46 PM
I say if the campside in the middle is filled with lizards, we should probably try the near ziggurat. Mostly because I don't think we can take on an entire village quite yet.
Besides, I think THEChanger was trying to find an entrance already so we should probably just follow him, if no one has any complaints with that.

Rendel Nep
2013-05-03, 09:48 PM
That make's sense. All for it.

Noctemwolf
2013-05-05, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry for not having posted yet. I've been busy all weekend. Will post before tomorrow!

MandibleBones
2013-05-06, 02:17 AM
Shunka, please give me a hide and probably a move silently check for Meteor, if she's going flying. I'll deal with modifiers for various cover and darkness (as penalties to your opponents' spot checks), so just roll as is.

Nihilarian
2013-05-06, 07:49 AM
A 3, a 5, and a 6...You know, we could just blindfold her then strap a bunch of lights and a sound system to her at this rate...I vote yes for Disco Meteor. Who's with me?

radmelon
2013-05-06, 09:01 AM
You know, a distraction could be handy, since she's so much more mobile than the rest of us.

Noctemwolf
2013-05-06, 12:49 PM
I vote yes for Disco Meteor. Who's with me?

You know, a distraction could be handy, since she's so much more mobile than the rest of us.

http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133021181050.jpg

MandibleBones
2013-05-07, 08:18 PM
There was never a better time than this to have those checks, Shunka.

Okay! Both parties are updated. Bridle crowd, pardon my Minecraft usage, but battle maps for the adventure I'm kitbashing from are hard to come by.

... which may or may not be a spoiler.

Can you smell the combat coming? I can.

THEChanger
2013-05-07, 10:27 PM
Oh no. We're fighting the most feared enemy of all pony-kind...

Ladders!

...But seriously. That could prove problematic.

Spot Check-[roll0]

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-08, 01:05 AM
Couple of things I'm noticing...

The first fight we were in really didn't give me a good feel for Meteor. It felt like a first level encounter, in the sense that at any moment we could one-shot an enemy or two...And with a little bad luck, the enemy could just as easily take out one of us (and nearly did, healing aura effects weren't really in the game the last time I played it a lot, and wow do they make a difference). Lots of nice aura synergies in this party (or not auras but otherwise 'party bonuses'). Our missing magical filly's bonus auras and enemy debuffs also played a pretty serious part, I think.

Oh, and Bookend? Scary. Meteor feels kind of gimpy EXCEPT when she's doing those charging attacks, which seem fairly adequate.

The other thing I notice is that because I kind of tried to skillmonkey Meteor for flexibility, she's a little bit weak when she tries to be rogue-ish. Her Move Silently and Hide skills are both about right for a 3rd level rogue, +6 rather than the +9 that a 6th level rogue would have. I need to stop thinking she can be reliably sneaky against own-level enemies.

Of course, she wasn't ever meant to be a hyper-stealthy type. Just an 'okay' one, so I guess that's playing to character... Hmmm.

It's late! I'm babbly. Carry on!

Rendel Nep
2013-05-08, 01:22 AM
Ladders? We're playing Ponies, not horses. Nae ladder, nae door 'andle, nae skillet can stop the Pony.

Spot check [roll0]

MandibleBones
2013-05-08, 02:09 AM
The first fight we were in really didn't give me a good feel for Meteor. It felt like a first level encounter, in the sense that at any moment we could one-shot an enemy or two...

Some of that may have been my fault; some of that is the encounter as written. It's meant to be a "get-your-hooves-wet" encounter, with a balance of very easy enemies and some harder ones... but I underestimated the party a bit, as well.

Working on fixing that as far as encounters go — bringing things up to balance without tipping the scale toward "difficult beyond all reason." It's a work in progress, really.

Theoboldi
2013-05-08, 09:23 AM
Lizardfolk and Ladders just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? Anyway have a horrible spot check.

[roll0]

Edit: With a spot check like that, who needs the blinded condition?

Nihilarian
2013-05-08, 11:13 AM
Oh god.

I looked at Meteors post and my eyes immediately glazed over.

I don't know how I'm going to read several paragraphs of text in a ridiculous Russian accent.

About the first fight: I think I'm going to cut back on scary Bookend. We'll see.

MandibleBones
2013-05-08, 01:17 PM
On the subject of castle flammability, "not very." Most of the roofs are slate, to have lasted this long. Also, a reminder that clearings aside, you are in the middle of a forest, which, due to the unreasonably hot summer, is tinder-dry basically everywhere not immediately adjacent to a river or swamp area.

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-08, 04:50 PM
Oh god.

I looked at Meteors post and my eyes immediately glazed over.

I don't know how I'm going to read several paragraphs of text in a ridiculous Russian accent.

About the first fight: I think I'm going to cut back on scary Bookend. We'll see.

Sorry. I DID ask about if it bothered anyone when we started out...

Want me to start posting translations in a spoiler?

Also, Bones? What's that map-scale? 2m, 3m or 5m squares? I mean the correct answer is gonna be 'NOT going to kick that wall down,' but I think Meteor is inclined to give a slightly more accurate report, and having done a vertical overflight of at least one breached wall she can pretty easily gauge the thickness, I imagine.

MandibleBones
2013-05-08, 05:50 PM
If you're willing to post translations in a spoiler, I'd appreciate it for when I end up reading and updating at two in the morning :smallbiggrin:

Map scale is 5 ft x 5 ft squares; 1.524 m for those using internally-consistent systems of measurement. Those outer walls are five feet thick. Not the largest keep in Equestria by any means, but it was meant to hold up against bandits, not siege warfare.

Nihilarian
2013-05-08, 06:54 PM
Sorry. I DID ask about if it bothered anyone when we started out...

Want me to start posting translations in a spoiler?

Also, Bones? What's that map-scale? 2m, 3m or 5m squares? I mean the correct answer is gonna be 'NOT going to kick that wall down,' but I think Meteor is inclined to give a slightly more accurate report, and having done a vertical overflight of at least one breached wall she can pretty easily gauge the thickness, I imagine.I don't have a problem with the accent, it's just that that much accent hit me like a brick wall the first time I tried to read it.

That's a lot of mangled English to digest in one go...

radmelon
2013-05-08, 07:56 PM
Yes, it would be much easier to read if you'd tone it down a bit, please. Not all the way, but it's been getting stronger as time goes on.

MandibleBones
2013-05-08, 08:16 PM
I like the compromise of a translation in a spoiler. Lets us read it clearly, but doesn't take away from the flavor of having the thick accent (which I do enjoy).

radmelon
2013-05-09, 09:11 AM
Wait wait wait. The burning skeleton is tied to a large wheel?

...Buck.

http://i.imgur.com/ZHd6c.jpg

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-09, 12:35 PM
Wait wait wait. The burning skeleton is tied to a large wheel?

...Buck.

http://i.imgur.com/ZHd6c.jpg

*Snerk*

Yeah that's how I interpreted Bones post is that it's chained or tied to a wheel a la "breaking on the wheel."

And I don't think Bones OR Meteor have said 'burning'. Just 'glowing'.

Bones, can we get some spoilered subtitles for your text for better comprehension? ;D

MandibleBones
2013-05-09, 12:42 PM
Bones, can we get some spoilered subtitles for your text for better comprehension? ;D

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

Means no.

http://i.imgur.com/ttLJD8k.jpg

radmelon
2013-05-09, 12:48 PM
*Snerk*

Yeah that's how I interpreted Bones post is that it's chained or tied to a wheel a la "breaking on the wheel."

And I don't think Bones OR Meteor have said 'burning'. Just 'glowing'.

I make no apologies for sacrificing technical precision for the sake of humour. :smalltongue:

MandibleBones
2013-05-09, 01:52 PM
But yes, chained or tied to the wheel as in breaking on the wheel. And glowing, not burning.

Bridle Crowd, you are in combat.

Theoboldi
2013-05-09, 02:36 PM
Just some knowledge checks before I decide on my combat actions. I spent a whole invocation on improving them, after all. >.>

[roll0] Arcana
[roll1] The Planes
[roll2] Religion

Huh. Let's hope that thing is an undead outsider, then.

MandibleBones
2013-05-09, 03:07 PM
Well, the thing behind you is definitely a wraith. The thing in front of you is clearly not undead, and you suspect it's from this plane... though still pretty unnatural. I mean, tentacles? Some form of aberration for sure. No idea what kind of aberration mimics some other... kind of... oh. Right.

Rendel Nep
2013-05-09, 07:32 PM
WE NEED 100cc OF PINKIE PIE STAT!

Edit Also there's no yaplap version of giggle at the ghosties :(

MandibleBones
2013-05-09, 08:30 PM
Well, you could always use a Manowar song in lieu of Pinkie Pie. As you do.

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-09, 11:51 PM
"And to answer your question, I'm as crazy as I need to be. We can walk in the south entrance, or we can go with 'crazy' and I can make a shadow bridge leading from here to the ramparts, and we can start by dropping into the room with the evil wheel."

It's the new game show, WHEEL OF EVIL!

Mial
2013-05-10, 04:14 AM
It's the new game show, WHEEL OF EVIL!

I'd like to buy a bowel.

Rendel Nep
2013-05-10, 07:03 AM
Wait... would pony demons and devils have say...monkey feet?

MandibleBones
2013-05-10, 11:50 AM
I'd like to buy a bowel.

It's official. Mial has won the OOC chat.

THEChanger
2013-05-10, 11:24 PM
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a critical hit.

To Confirm-[roll0]
Extra Damage-[roll1]

Theoboldi
2013-05-11, 05:30 AM
Don't know how necesarry it is, but I'm gonna try to confirm that critical. Simply because I want to gib that mimic if it actually happens. :smalltongue:

[roll0] confirming
[roll1] extra damage

Sigh. The one time to roll a natural one.

Rendel Nep
2013-05-12, 08:07 AM
Did Cordon use up all his uses of Imbue meal?

Theoboldi
2013-05-12, 08:24 AM
From what I can tell from skimming over the thread, you only used it twice, once during the fight on the boat for a cure light and another time directly after that. I don't know how many charges you ahve, but you can do the rest of the math yourself, ya lazy bum. :smalltongue:

MandibleBones
2013-05-12, 01:20 PM
Did Cordon use up all his uses of Imbue meal?

You've got a couple left, as I recall.

radmelon
2013-05-12, 10:29 PM
Sweet Celestia's flaming rump. The Equestria Girls trailer (http://nyti.ms/15DHbZ0) is out. I cannot react to this, it was both far better and far worse than I expected.

Rolling will save: [roll0]

MandibleBones
2013-05-12, 11:27 PM
Sweet Celestia's flaming rump. The Equestria Girls trailer (http://nyti.ms/15DHbZ0) is out. I cannot react to this, it was both far better and far worse than I expected.

That sums that up nicely. So does this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKWpGJ4Xhw8).

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-13, 12:15 AM
I really have to add this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jJcVZ6x3TrA).

And follow it up quickly with this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8Dv4rFKoWBg) (definitely look closely at the credits on this one).

I'm, uh, kinda hoping one or more of our other party members will reply before I make another Meteor entry...Having posted twice since the last Sojourner and Dusty commentary?

Rendel Nep
2013-05-13, 01:00 AM
I bet it can't top Star Trek. :smallcool:

Theoboldi
2013-05-13, 06:57 AM

Agh. I'm not sure if I even want to watch this trailer. So much potential for this to be horrible.
I'll have to go take a few levels in paladin first.

Nihilarian
2013-05-13, 08:13 AM
That... is that a thing? Like, for serious?

I don't even

Theoboldi
2013-05-13, 09:01 AM
It's been for a while now. How did you miss it?

Nihilarian
2013-05-13, 09:34 AM
I've never frequented MLP forums or the like, so this is news to me.

Noctemwolf
2013-05-14, 01:33 PM
apologies, matey's. Been out for a bit, but I am here.

I....Well then...

Nihilarian
2013-05-14, 05:35 PM
By the way.

Did you ever finish that picture of us, Shunka?

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-17, 01:31 AM
As near as I could gather, nobody was following Dusty. If I'm incorrect, sorry.

The EQG thing...I have mixed feelings about it. To me, one of the big pluses of MLP:FIM was the way in which it didn't condescend to its age group, and it dashed certain highly exploitative stereotypes on the rocks (consider Rarity: dressmaker, would-be debutante, etc., but also usually the most considerate and charitable, or AJ, who basically tosses the whole stereotype of 'young women should be delicate and ladylike' on its ear, etc.).

I didn't like 'Princess Twilight' because I don't cotton to the whole 'All little girls should want to be pwetty pwincesses!' thing and rather disliked the fact that they went that way instead of subverting it.

EQG looks extremely, extremely bland and typical of schoolgirl-oriented animations. MLP:FIM has explored racism, colonialism, feminism, and a variety of other elements of human interaction at a level FAR above that usually found in cartoons aimed at 8-year old audiences...Not because the audiences can't understand the message, but because the generators of content usually seem to avoid all that in favor of things meant to bolster sales of toys. EQG could have explored any number of interesting elements about interaction between children in school, but instead we immediately start right out with the horrifically cliched prom-queen competition and the popular beautiful bully and the love interest.

I can't see it going anywhere from there except downhill. I would LIKE to be proven wrong.

And Nihilarian, I didn't. I started reworking it because I was really unhappy with the perspective and the way the clumping created by the gate-house setting made some of the ponies almost entirely obscured. Then I got frustrated at how complex it was (I really hadn't done anything with that many characters).

The good news is, I recently got elbowed and nudged and encouraged to do an extremely complex piece (http://shunkawarakin.tumblr.com/post/48988173420/finished-finally-only-twice-as-many-ponies-as) for the earth pony magazine Mine's Got Rocks In It, which involved nearly TWICE as many ponies, so I will be coming back to it soon and trying to tackle it again.

In my copious free time. T_T

Uh, if you go traipsing around that blog I WILL warn you that there's adult artwork here and there. Yes, of ponies. Some of it's mine, but I reblog other people occasionally.

Having given that warning, there's also a lot of really beautiful stuff that's not adult at all, like, oh, this one (http://shunkawarakin.tumblr.com/post/49658401172/aruurara-sushiobunny-you-yoshinaris) or this one (http://shunkawarakin.tumblr.com/post/40979777547/yellowfur-smarty-pants-colored-death).

It'd be a helluva lot of work but at some point I probably should go through and try to set up buttons and flags and tags so people can go from the first page and click to see only SFW or only NSFW art.

But I sort of believe that posting a notice that NSFW might be there, and people having the right to click somewhere else is all that's absolutely necessary.

MandibleBones
2013-05-17, 04:11 AM
Meh. Followed you anyway. I'm pretty sure my friends will end up posting more NSFW stuff than you do, and at least yours will be pretty rather than more Benedict Cumberporn.

Theoboldi
2013-05-17, 07:38 AM
I'm just going to take an entirely different approach to this now, and say that Equestria Girls is going to be completly awesome. FIM so far has had a track record of one completly awesome Hasbro-mandated thing (The canterlot wedding) and one rather mediocre-could still give us some interesting stuff in season 4-Hasbro-mandated thing (Princess Twilight), so I'd say that there's a good chance that they're going to salvage something decent out of this. Or maybe I'm just hopelessly optimistic, who knows?
Of course, I'll be enjoying it all the more if it turns out to be horrible, since it won't have any impact on the actual show (except if that was a lie, in which case I shall burn down Hasbro's headquarters) and I'll have something to mock mercilessly. Win/Win situation, really.

Anyway, I actually just wanted to say that I had caught a pretty bad cold the last week, so I apologise if my posts haven't been up to par. I've mostly recovered now, though, so I should be able to deliver something of decent quality from now on again.

And on an unrelated note, magically created ingredients do work for that imbue meal ability, right?

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-19, 06:10 AM
...Sort of hoping others will weigh in before I post again, but if nobody has by tomorrow evening...

radmelon
2013-05-19, 11:33 AM
Well, we don't really have any evidence that we wouldn't be able to take anything we fight, but our party isn't hugely combat-focused either and it would be out of character to just charge in. Of course, not clearing the place out could have repercussions, so there's no obvious answer.

Nihilarian
2013-05-19, 04:33 PM
First off, why do we need to go into the castle at all? If we had an objective here, I've forgotten it.

We don't have the capacity to sneak into this place. I'm more confident in our battle skills, but we might still be overwhelmed.

With that in mind, unless we have a clear objective here, I suggest we leave it be.

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-19, 04:55 PM
Meteor is very much a scout, as opposed to a brawler. She's operating on two levels here:

1. Purely scouting:

The roof has been fixed
Something's stabled in the gatehouse
Whatever's living here isn't afraid of magically glowing green skeletons
Magical green skeletons probably don't ride animals
Magical green skeletons probably don't care about the rain (or fixing the roof)

So from a scouting perspective she's assuming it's a force that's big enough to dedicate labor to roof-fixing, and intends to hold the place, possibly as a base for raiders on the road (I am not really sure where we are/the castle is on the maps on our wiki? It'd be kind of neat to mark off 'Site of ambush', 'Castle' so I have some relevance to the road/town). That means it probably can fight defensively and 'hold' the keep, at least against a bitty little group like us. And they might have flying mounts, in which case we can't run fast enough.

2. Tactical Assessment of Party

If there are no sentries and no traps, Bookend is probably hell on wheels in an enclosed space. Meteor much, much less so.
Anyone who is going to fix the roof is probably going to at least set up rattlecans or post a night watch. (Ergo, there are probably sentries and traps).
In an enclosed space, protecting the casters/healers may be significantly harder.
Even if everything goes perfectly, and no-one and nothing wakes up as the party slips inside, what then? Shining Hope isn't going to support a midnight throat-cutting offensive.

...So Meteor is sort-of operating from her 'I/we are cut off and in imminent contact with the enemy and I/we do not have significant support to actively engage them. Therefore, find out as much as possible and stay alive to report back.' playbook.

Which, fortunately, has many pages.

Nihilarian
2013-05-20, 09:14 AM
Actually Bookend can smash mechanical traps to pieces.

I love Trapkiller.

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-20, 03:30 PM
Er...This comes back to that map thing.

re: Mial's question, where we've been, could a 'Horde' have sensibly snuck past us?

MandibleBones
2013-05-20, 06:01 PM
No. Anything correctly described as a "horde" would have made so much noise coming through the forest that anyone with a listen check of -10 or better would be able to hear it.

Noctemwolf
2013-05-21, 10:17 PM
I'm here still and letting you guys know, but I've really lost my will to keep posting.... I want to apologize for anyone waiting on me.

Theoboldi
2013-05-25, 05:03 PM
Just a minor question. How heavy is that door we just found? Measured in pounds, please. It probably weighs much more than 50 lb, but it's worth a try. :smalltongue:

Edit: On another note, are there a visible locking-mechanism or any hinges that I could break instead, if the door itself is too heavy?
I am determined to shout this thing open, at any rate.
Also, where did that other post go? Now I look like a complete jerk who is just ignoring Noctemwolf.

MandibleBones
2013-05-26, 11:51 AM
Just a minor question. How heavy is that door we just found? Measured in pounds, please. It probably weighs much more than 50 lb, but it's worth a try. :smalltongue:

Significantly more than 50 pounds: according to the internet, the door in question should weigh approximately 3,915.5 pounds (1,776.1 kg). It is 5 feet high, 3 feet across and (unknown) feet deep, and made of solid sandstone.

On another note, are there a visible locking-mechanism or any hinges that I could break instead, if the door itself is too heavy?
I am determined to shout this thing open, at any rate.

There is nothing that immediately springs out (no hinges or anything like that), but you might roll a search of your own now that you know the door is there.

Also, where did that other post go? Now I look like a complete jerk who is just ignoring Noctemwolf.

I'm pretty sure Shunka deleted it and sent it to him via PM; I did the same thing with mine. We're not ignoring Noctemwolf; we miss him and hope he feels better soon.

Shunka Warakin
2013-05-26, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Shunka deleted it and sent it to him via PM; I did the same thing with mine. We're not ignoring Noctemwolf; we miss him and hope he feels better soon.

Sorry, I did send him a concerned PM, but I don't recall if I crafted it as a reply here and then deleted it or not. That's probably what happened. I am very scatterbrained lately, visiting with family now that finals and grading are over.

I do hope he's doing okay.

I am sort of guessing that the current slow down is due to the long weekend and probably people spending time with friends/family/eldritch horrors on their feast days, etc.

Theoboldi
2013-05-26, 01:30 PM

I wasn't implying that any of you guys were jerks, just that I looked like one.
I do hope that noctem is okay, though.

Anyway, have a search check.
[roll0]

MandibleBones
2013-05-26, 05:32 PM
Okay. I've heard from Noctemwolf; he's going to take care of his personal stuff and leave Sojourner on autopilot with me until then. If someone would like to volunteer to handle Shining Hope until then, that would be great (doxkid, I'm looking at you in particular, since I haven't had much for you to do lately).

Theoboldi, I was implying that you're not a jerk either :smallwink: With varying degrees of success, I fear.

Edit: Search results reveal a small rune on the upper left corner of the door.

Theoboldi
2013-05-28, 10:56 AM
Nothing to see here, just doing a binding check to see whether expell vestige works and to avoid a double post in the IC thread. Let's hope for the best.

[roll0] against a DC of 15.

Edit: That was surprisingly lucky. Now watch as I screw up all of my 3 dispel checks.

Rendel Nep
2013-05-31, 03:58 PM
Karsus = Omega?

Theoboldi
2013-05-31, 07:47 PM
Actually, I'm currently going for a mixture of the normal Charcoal, Trixie, Vaarsuvius, a tiny bit of Lex Luthor, and every evil wizard ever. I'm just waiting for an opportunity to go into full third-person speech mode.

Could you also please enlighten me as to who Omega is?

Rendel Nep
2013-06-01, 01:17 AM
O'Malley (http://youtu.be/UrgblzCLkD0) from Red vs Blue.That's probably the best vid I can find without showing episodes.

Shunka Warakin
2013-06-02, 03:39 PM
Sorry folks, rough week compounded by really difficult and sudden (yeah, he gave 24 hrs, barely) landlord inspection which ran two hours. Apparently they are remodeling all of the apartments one at a time, so this guy had to poke his nose into every corner and discuss what needed/should be done.

It seems that some time in the next month or two we will be temporarily moved out to an undefined somewhere else (yeah, did you hear a voice of doom there?) while the apartment is remodeled over the course of a few weeks, then back (presumably).

Shunka Warakin
2013-06-04, 12:48 PM
...Here's hoping those hobgoblins got sent out on patrol because they lacked the initiative to get into more proactive positions.

MandibleBones
2013-06-04, 01:15 PM
Apparently, by "tomorrow" I meant today, not yesterday. First day at a new job was tiring; I should have more energy this evening.

Theoboldi
2013-06-10, 06:22 AM
DM, why hast thou forsaken us?

But seriously, things seem to have been rather quiet around here lately. Have I missed something again? I seem to be good at that. I'd just like an update on what's going on, since I'm starting to worry.
Are there some festivities that I don't know about going on over in the states right now?

Doxkid
2013-06-10, 07:48 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is the small storm that's sweeping up the East Coast.

If it isn't that storm (or even if it is that storm) I expect he'll be back fairly soon; probably another few days at the most.I-if you really want...I could be your DM for tonight...

MandibleBones
2013-06-10, 09:36 AM
I'm here! Sorry. Not on the East Coast. I did, however, start a full-time job last week, and my sleep schedule has been interesting in its acclimation to that fact. I need to sit down and determine what you three found in the room, which I will do this afternoon.

As for the other party, looks like I'm still waiting on a couple actions for this round.

Rendel Nep
2013-06-11, 01:58 AM
History check because this seems oooooold

[roll0]

MandibleBones
2013-06-11, 06:47 AM
History check because this seems oooooold

[roll0]

It is, in fact, old. It's also older than Celestian rule.

Doxkid
2013-06-11, 08:10 AM
^ There he is.

If you need me I'll be lurking amongst the shadows.

MandibleBones
2013-06-11, 09:28 AM
^ There he is.

If you need me I'll be lurking amongst the shadows.

Dox, if you want to take over Shining Hope in the Adventurers IC (come the next combat round), I'd appreciate it, at least until we can get her back to town or GFawkes comes back.

Doxkid
2013-06-11, 03:31 PM
Sure, no problem. I'll stare at his sheet and posts for a bit and prep tp post some IC.

MandibleBones
2013-06-11, 04:40 PM
Sure, no problem. I'll stare at his sheet and posts for a bit and prep tp post some IC.

On the initiative, she goes first after the goblins, for planning purposes (and has gone in the surprise round).

Theoboldi
2013-06-11, 07:17 PM
Knowledge Planes and Religion checks on Tirek. Because I can. And mostly because I want to see how much, if anything, Charcoal knows IC before I make another post.

[roll0] Planes
[roll1] Religion

MandibleBones
2013-06-11, 07:24 PM
Knowledge Planes and Religion checks on Tirek. Because I can. And mostly because I want to see how much, if anything, Charcoal knows IC before I make another post.

[roll0] Planes
[roll1] Religion

From your Planes roll: The "Shadow of Tirek" may refer to a particular artifact from the Plane of Shadow. It has been lost to time and legend for most of recorded Equestrian history, and what it does is unknown.

Theoboldi
2013-06-13, 03:17 PM
Also, a spellcraft roll to identify that spell which I forgot, because I am a moron.

[roll0]

MandibleBones
2013-06-13, 07:10 PM
The spell is, in fact, Shield of Faith.

MandibleBones
2013-06-13, 07:11 PM
Also, since this is a boss fight:

Zaafira: [roll0]
Sss'kor: [roll1]
Two Lizardfolk: [roll2]

MandibleBones
2013-06-13, 07:38 PM
Also, this happened while I was making the map for the Bridle crowd:
http://i.imgur.com/NfzSaCy.png

Nihilarian
2013-06-13, 08:15 PM
Is it Bookends turn yet? I'm sort of preoccupied at the moment.

MandibleBones
2013-06-13, 11:04 PM
Yes, when you get a chance, Bookend will need to go.

It's been a while since Adventurers have been in combat; could I have everyone post their actions and I'll resolve the round at the end? If you need to post if==>then statements in spoilers, I'll understand.

radmelon
2013-06-14, 12:39 AM
I'm glitterdusting the enemy party, as per usual. I do love that spell.

Doxkid
2013-06-14, 05:20 PM
Alright. Lets roll. Not sleeping until I finish everything.

Rendel Nep
2013-06-16, 08:07 AM
Ooooh hooohh hoh. Things are going to get hairy....THEChanger don't miss. :smalleek:

Noctemwolf
2013-06-23, 01:10 AM
hello everyone.... *nervous look* How is everything going?

Doxkid
2013-06-23, 01:54 AM
Marching Fishes, of course.

MandibleBones
2013-06-23, 11:30 AM
Combat, and slowly. You can have your character back, if you like :-) How are you, Sojourner?

Doxkid
2013-06-26, 02:43 PM
Oh darn. I though we had him back for a bit there.

How's the Bridle gang doing? While both groups have experienced a lull in activity, Bridle City's cast still seems up and active on the forums.

radmelon
2013-06-26, 03:22 PM
I'm still here, I'm just waiting for others to act in combat. I've already posted.

MandibleBones
2013-06-26, 03:53 PM
Bridle has the benefit of only waiting on three reasonably-active people at any given time (plus me, on whom they are presently waiting, I believe), so they're doing pretty well. They're still a day behind you guys chronologically speaking.

Shunka, can we get you to post in the IC so I can move us to the next round?

Noctemwolf
2013-06-26, 09:41 PM
Sorry fellows. Things are just kinda hectic and I didn't get around to posting a response.

I'm doing just fine now. Mostly. I think. I'm not the best judge of that. :smallbiggrin:

I'll try and catch up with everything and see how it goes.

Noctemwolf
2013-06-29, 04:59 PM
so, as a double poster.... How is everyone?

Theoboldi
2013-06-29, 05:12 PM
Things are fine around here, though I'm getting slightly impatient waiting for THEChanger to write up his turn. But then again, I'm not a very patient person.
Also, finals just ended over here yesterday. So that's good too. Now I'll have even more free time.

Doxkid
2013-06-29, 05:16 PM
I'm getting back into the rhythm of writing for hours at a time via a zombie story and steadily returning to my coming-of-age story for Spike.

How's the chaos on your end?

THEChanger
2013-06-30, 02:11 PM
Sorry, thought I had already posted. If I ever take too long, feel free to poke me.

MandibleBones
2013-07-02, 07:01 PM
I could have sworn I posted here last night. Odd. Updating Bridle now. Going to go ahead and advance the round without Shunka for Adventurers.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-02, 07:26 PM
watching and waiting. ^^

Rendel Nep
2013-07-02, 07:42 PM
Um what...don't you mean charcoal's bolt? Cordon has been acting defensively this whole time.

MandibleBones
2013-07-02, 07:46 PM
Um what...don't you mean charcoal's bolt? Cordon has been acting defensively this whole time.

I surely do. Good call.

Next time I run a game, I may require everyone's PC start with a different letter, because I keep messing names up...

Rendel Nep
2013-07-03, 04:45 AM
Attack [roll0]

And now Cordon gets pulped.

MandibleBones
2013-07-03, 11:13 PM
So Cordon doesn't have the reach to threaten the lizardman, and thus no AoO, unless I'm totally reading this wrong. However, I'll allow that attack to stand as Cordon's regular attack, 'cause it totally hits.

Edit: And I'll need another Lord Emeraldcoat action before I can advance the round again.

Double edit: Nevermind, just saw your 5-foot-step. Yeah, that hits.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-04, 07:50 PM
Anybody do anything FUN for Independence Day? (If your American, at least 0-0) I got to work all day, so fun fun here.

Theoboldi
2013-07-12, 04:55 PM
So. Uh. Anything going on that I missed? If you're busy with something else, Mandibs, I'll just go back into the corner and shut up. It has been 5 days, though. A little sign of life would be nice.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-12, 05:47 PM
So. Uh. Anything going on that I missed? If you're busy with something else, Mandibs, I'll just go back into the corner and shut up. It has been 5 days, though. A little sign of life would be nice.

No clue, friend. We will have to see... :smalleek:

Rendel Nep
2013-07-15, 01:09 AM
Mandiblebones, where are you???

Noctemwolf
2013-07-15, 01:29 AM
A Voice! I Hear A Voice! In The Distance!

MandibleBones
2013-07-15, 08:49 AM
Sorry, got sidetracked by real life for a few days - again. My bad. Will update the folks on the temple today.

Theoboldi
2013-07-15, 09:14 AM
Sorry, got sidetracked by real life for a few days - again. My bad. Will update the folks on the temple today.

No need to be sorry. Real life gets the best of us. If you lack spare time at any point, just tell us. We can wait. I just tend to get paranoid when a DM seems to dissappear without warning. (That sounded slightly more accusive than intended, but oh well.)

MandibleBones
2013-07-15, 09:15 AM
No need to be sorry. Real life gets the best of us. If you lack spare time at any point, just tell us. We can wait. I just tend to get paranoid when a DM seems to dissappear without warning. (That sounded slightly more accusive than intended, but oh well.)

No, it's a fair assessment. If I'd realized earlier I was going to be away, I would have at least said something then — nobody likes worrying about people when they don't know where they are, least of all the DM. Especially mid-combat, I'd imagine.

MandibleBones
2013-07-16, 08:28 PM
Cure Moderate Wounds:
Cordon: [roll0]
Charcoal: [roll1]
Emeraldcoat: [roll2]

Rendel Nep
2013-07-16, 08:42 PM
OMG Presents! I mean loot. While the longsword appeals to me, the +2 blackdragon half plate would suit (haha) Cordon better. He's also not Lyra.

MandibleBones
2013-07-16, 08:44 PM
It's also a size too big for anypony to use as a longsword, actually. But Something might be done about it, if you brought it back to Bridle.

Theoboldi
2013-07-16, 09:46 PM
I propose we sell at least the periabt, maybe the sword too, and then share the profits. Mostly because I don't think that any of the loot we found benefits either Emeraldcoat or Charcoal. Of course, that sword is pretty good, so I guess it would be useful if Cordon wielded it. Your opinion, THEChanger?

THEChanger
2013-07-16, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Theoboldi
2013-07-17, 01:40 AM
I guess that's that settled. Anyway, have a knowledge (religion) check.

[roll0]

Noctemwolf
2013-07-17, 01:22 PM
So has the main adventure died? I'm sorry for having gone away for a while, but...

Doxkid
2013-07-17, 01:32 PM
It isn't dead...it's just sleeping. R-right? Right guys? It'll...It'll wake up soon, right?
Don't worry, real life is always our priority.

MandibleBones
2013-07-17, 01:51 PM
I'm going with more "In a coma" than dead, honestly. Combat is dragging, Meteor and Shining Hope are AWOL, and posting is slow.

Of the remaining four: are all of you interested in continuing playing?

Edit: Knowledge religion result: it looks uncannily like Princess Celestia's cutie mark.

radmelon
2013-07-17, 04:38 PM
I will personally drag out 10k worth of diamonds to bring this back to life if I have to.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-18, 11:41 PM
I'm here again after my hiatus! I thank you for it by the way. It was sorely needed for mental stability (3

Nihilarian
2013-07-21, 10:52 AM
My computer is basically on its deathbed right now, so posting will probably be slow. But yes, I'd continue.

Rendel Nep
2013-07-25, 08:21 PM
23rd of November. 4 months til the hiatus is over.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-27, 11:23 PM
So how is everyone?

23rd of November. 4 months til the hiatus is over.

Wait... what happened?

Rendel Nep
2013-07-28, 07:21 AM
As in between seasons. Not an actual hiatus of any kind.

Doxkid
2013-07-28, 08:53 PM
As in between seasons.

Wait, what?

Theoboldi
2013-07-28, 09:00 PM
Wait, what?

Ponies (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/07/season-4-countdown-clock-november-23rd.html), my dear boy. Ponies.

And if we are really lucky our party will have reached level 7 by that date. :smalltongue:

Doxkid
2013-07-28, 09:10 PM
Huh. Hmm...

Meh.

Thanks for the info though.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-28, 09:27 PM
As in between seasons. Not an actual hiatus of any kind.

Ponies (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/07/season-4-countdown-clock-november-23rd.html), my dear boy. Ponies.

And if we are really lucky our party will have reached level 7 by that date. :smalltongue:

ooooh. I didn't realize. X) Thanks for the info!

Theoboldi
2013-07-28, 09:29 PM
Meh.

HERETIC!!!!!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/280/3/d/the_pinkie_pie_chapter_by_laaseensld-d4c3izt.jpg

Doxkid
2013-07-28, 10:02 PM
My heart has been broken since they lost Lady Faust. It'll never be the same to me...

MandibleBones
2013-07-29, 12:12 PM
Cordon gets 100 xp for an Arrogant Worms reference that is actually perfectly in character for Cordon Yamsfry. I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for a week. Again.

Rendel Nep
2013-07-29, 02:46 PM
Cordon gets 100 xp for an Arrogant Worms reference that is actually perfectly in character for Cordon Yamsfry. I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for a week. Again.

WAHOO! Death to the turnips.

Noctemwolf
2013-07-29, 05:51 PM

I'm going to assume the main adventure died? ;-; I never leave again, I promise! :smallbiggrin:

Theoboldi
2013-07-29, 06:02 PM
I'm going to assume the main adventure died? ;-; I never leave again, I promise! :smallbiggrin:

That is not dead which can eternal lie
and with strange ζons even death may die.

I've seen games recover from worse, so I'm sure that you can pull it back together. Really, I'd hate to see your game just die off like that while we are still going strong(albeit slow).

MandibleBones
2013-07-29, 07:17 PM
I'm going to try a raise in a couple days, actually: in that I'm going to swap Meteor and Shining Hope for the Bridle party (there's a pun about grooms in there somewhere...), and attempt to move the whole thing forward.

Theoboldi
2013-07-29, 07:50 PM
I'm going to try a raise in a couple days, actually: in that I'm going to swap Meteor and Shining Hope for the Bridle party (there's a pun about grooms in there somewhere...), and attempt to move the whole thing forward.

Does that mean that we are the material component? (Come to think of it, doesn't coal become diamond when enough pressure and heat are applied?)

MandibleBones
2013-07-29, 07:58 PM
Well, you three do post frequently, which qualifies as "shiny" to me.

radmelon
2013-07-29, 09:22 PM
This game has probably been the one in which I've done the most actual roleplaying. Usually I have trouble getting in character but this time I've actually tried to socialize. The robust scene descriptions help with that somewhat, I think.

Nihilarian
2013-07-30, 09:22 PM
While I am here, I feel I must warn you that my laptop is breaking apart. That means I might not be able to post as well as I used to; I intend to play still, but understand if you want to replace me as well.

MandibleBones
2013-07-30, 10:59 PM
I'll probably have Bookend guard the outside of the keep while the other six explore, if that's okay with you, Nihilarian. That would put you at an easy place to catch up when your laptop is replaced.

MandibleBones
2013-08-01, 07:35 PM
Alright, I'm going to cinematic your looting and plundering, in the interest of merging parties sooner rather than later and getting us moving again.

I need a two search checks from each member of the Bridle party.

And here's two for Zaafira, since she's there:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Theoboldi
2013-08-01, 07:41 PM
Heck yeah! Searching-montage time! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Let's hope I don't completly fumble these.

THEChanger
2013-08-02, 12:30 AM
Well, let's check.

#1: [roll0]
#2: [roll1]

Rendel Nep
2013-08-02, 06:11 AM
Montaaaaaage!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0qVUn4797g)

#1[roll0] #2 [roll1]

MandibleBones
2013-08-04, 10:19 AM
Just wanted to let you all know I'm having a busy weekend and will post either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Nihilarian
2013-08-05, 09:30 AM
I'm not going to be getting a new laptop any time soon. I have a tablet and a home computer already.

MandibleBones
2013-08-05, 07:29 PM
I'm not going to be getting a new laptop any time soon. I have a tablet and a home computer already.

Well, I'm not interested in kicking you out while you're still hear and posting, so I'll just have to rebalance your opponents.

Rendel Nep
2013-08-05, 07:55 PM
Manidible, for the sake of good aliteration, Cordon would in his tired and by now delusional state prance his way down.

Noctemwolf
2013-08-05, 09:42 PM
checking in! I've been busy, but my normal schedule should be back to working out in a few days!

MandibleBones
2013-08-10, 08:41 AM
Fair warning: My laptop's wireless is dead, and I will likely be unable to post for a few days. Am borrowing a friend's laptop to keep you updated. I will return as soon as I can - getting this thing fixed Monday-Wednesday, depending on schedule of Apple folks.

Theoboldi
2013-08-10, 08:59 AM
Mandibles, you really need to stop making promises you can't keep. :smalltongue:

But yeah, I know how much it sucks when your connection suddenly drops dead for a few days without any warning. Really annoying. Hope the thing can get fixed without too much hassle.

Noctemwolf
2013-08-10, 09:27 PM
Same here, Mandible. Hope everything works out for the better. (3

Rendel Nep
2013-08-14, 09:25 PM
Are we allowed to send angry but encouraging letters to Apple yet?

Noctemwolf
2013-08-14, 10:05 PM
Are we allowed to send angry but encouraging letters to Apple yet?

Yet? I did that months ago. 0-0*

Shunka Warakin
2013-08-20, 08:27 PM
Hi gang!

I mentioned it briefly on my Tumblr (which has become hardly more than a trickle of reblogs and text things because of the same reason) but I was trying to downplay it because I really never wanted my Tumblr to ever be one of those 'My life sucks' parties. http://shunkawarakin.tumblr.com/post/57357381012/second-crappy-new-apartment-in-three-months

Now that we've GOT a place with a decent connection, I found I'd lost my bookmarks with my old PC (one of the small number of important things irretrievably damaged in the initial fire) and my google fu wasn't enough to figure things out until my husband stepped in and tried: "pegasus meteor d&d "red hand of doom" which worked.

All of which translates to HI I'M BACK SO SORRY!

Drama can be boiled down to

Moved into new apartment mid-May which was fine and no drama, barely mentioned it. Hadn't been there two months when stupid neighbor's barbecue got out of hand, most of my stuff survived water damage but some didn't, landlord decided to tear down what was left and start over.
Second location was untenable, horrible roach and ant problems. Internet was "when the stars are right."
And now finally in a moderately decent place with acceptable bandwidth.

I am still stirred and shaken and feel 'not at home' and have not in some while but hopefully we will be in this place for a bit.

Hubby has pointed out that my desire not to take my drama online is bad when it means I totally lose contact with people. I'm sorry.

If I'm reading right, the game is still going, but the 'adventurer team' has been silent about a month? And the Bridle crew seems to be about two weeks down?

Am I too late?

Nihilarian
2013-08-20, 08:39 PM
My own situation is less than ideal, but I'm still around. I'm not sure it matters, though, it looks dead.

Shunka Warakin
2013-08-20, 08:50 PM
After reading a little less hurriedly, it looks like Bones is getting his laptop fixed?

Rendel Nep
2013-08-20, 11:49 PM
Well, Mandible said he was getting his laptop fixed. he said it'd be a few days so something has obviously happened that's meant he hasn't been able to get back on. I'm hoping we can hold on for a little while longer. I think the plan was to start the process of merging the two parties through 'Zebra shenanigans'.

Theoboldi
2013-08-22, 12:38 PM
I'm still holding on as ever. Though the fact that I just had some trouble of my own that left me without a conection to the internet for a solid week helps me understand just how slow these thigns can be at times. I'd really hate to see this die in any case, though.

Also, my avatar is now Charcoal. Because I like playing the little bugger. And I had no other, older characters of mine that I could have turned into avatars. So that's that.

Noctemwolf
2013-08-22, 12:48 PM
Hi gang!

I mentioned it briefly on my Tumblr (which has become hardly more than a trickle of reblogs and text things because of the same reason) but I was trying to downplay it because I really never wanted my Tumblr to ever be one of those 'My life sucks' parties. http://shunkawarakin.tumblr.com/post/57357381012/second-crappy-new-apartment-in-three-months

Now that we've GOT a place with a decent connection, I found I'd lost my bookmarks with my old PC (one of the small number of important things irretrievably damaged in the initial fire) and my google fu wasn't enough to figure things out until my husband stepped in and tried: "pegasus meteor d&d "red hand of doom" which worked.

All of which translates to HI I'M BACK SO SORRY!

Drama can be boiled down to

Moved into new apartment mid-May which was fine and no drama, barely mentioned it. Hadn't been there two months when stupid neighbor's barbecue got out of hand, most of my stuff survived water damage but some didn't, landlord decided to tear down what was left and start over.
Second location was untenable, horrible roach and ant problems. Internet was "when the stars are right."
And now finally in a moderately decent place with acceptable bandwidth.

I am still stirred and shaken and feel 'not at home' and have not in some while but hopefully we will be in this place for a bit.

Hubby has pointed out that my desire not to take my drama online is bad when it means I totally lose contact with people. I'm sorry.

If I'm reading right, the game is still going, but the 'adventurer team' has been silent about a month? And the Bridle crew seems to be about two weeks down?

Am I too late?

I'm not certain as to whats happening... But I'm still hanging out. Sorry to hear about your predicament! Hope everything turns out for the better. If I'm reading it right, everything caught on fire cause of a barbecue? 0-0

Shunka Warakin
2013-08-23, 01:53 AM
I'm not certain as to whats happening... But I'm still hanging out. Sorry to hear about your predicament! Hope everything turns out for the better. If I'm reading it right, everything caught on fire cause of a barbecue? 0-0

Well, not everything. Gutted one apartment and about half of another, most of the damage in our apartment was due to water, and a little bit of smoke damage.

But yeah, critical failure on his cooking roll. :(

Shunka Warakin
2013-08-24, 10:56 PM
Still no news from Bones.

I guess the good news is, everyone else seems to be here? :)

Noctemwolf
2013-08-24, 11:40 PM
Well, not everything. Gutted one apartment and about half of another, most of the damage in our apartment was due to water, and a little bit of smoke damage.

But yeah, critical failure on his cooking roll. :(

Always sucks to flop on an important roll. *shudders at memories*
Glad you at least have a roof over your head.

I think I'm still kicking. *pokes legs and it twitches feebly* yup. Barely, but still here :smallbiggrin:

Rendel Nep
2013-08-24, 11:57 PM
Definitely still here and waiting.

radmelon
2013-08-25, 12:57 AM

Always here, always waiting.

MandibleBones
2013-08-26, 08:47 AM
Quick update before I get caught posting on GiantITP at work (the cube neighbors are nosy and quick to tattle, but they are presently not here):

I (finally) got my laptop back on Friday night, went out of town Saturday and Sunday wherin it was working fine on the airplane (but no internet), and when I got back home Sunday night it bricked. Like, won't even turn on bricked.

I'm taking it back in today, since it's still under warranty, but it may be some more time before I can update anyone. I am, needless to say, annoyed with my computer right now.

But I have not abandoned you intentionally, nor permanently. I miss you crazy gamers.

Noctemwolf
2013-08-26, 06:38 PM
Quick update before I get caught posting on GiantITP at work (the cube neighbors are nosy and quick to tattle, but they are presently not here):

I (finally) got my laptop back on Friday night, went out of town Saturday and Sunday wherin it was working fine on the airplane (but no internet), and when I got back home Sunday night it bricked. Like, won't even turn on bricked.

I'm taking it back in today, since it's still under warranty, but it may be some more time before I can update anyone. I am, needless to say, annoyed with my computer right now.

But I have not abandoned you intentionally, nor permanently. I miss you crazy gamers.

IT LIVES! *gasp*

Good to hear from you, bones. ^^ I'm glad things are finally getting worked out for you! sorry to hear about the computer, though. :smalleek: I can't say I've ever had a new computer fail on me THAT quickly...