PDA

View Full Version : Dark Inheritor-Base Class

Sherishade
2012-12-09, 06:16 AM
Hello this is my first time posting, I don't really do forums just read other people's stuff but thought I'd post my base class design. I've seen some posts that are tentacle races and even a few tentacle classes. But they didn't fit my idea of a tentacle class. So here's my personal take on a tentacle class. Sorry for grammar ahead of time writing was never my strong suit.

Change Log
12-11-12 (1631) I changed alot about the class using alot of the rewording that Jormengand gave thank you. I merged several aspects about the class since having them seperated was a little silly and sometimes redundant. I also changed the Bonus feat section to look more like the Fighter class feature, and changed the name of Violate! cause i did do that only for shock value lol.

01-04-12 (0443)
OK well I had a revelation after reading some topics about natural attacks and how they function. Now I understand why some people were saying this was to over powered. So I have changed it to better reflect and to better steer player's in the direction I had envisioned for the class.
"There comes a time in every young mans life when he realizes he's become just like his parents."

{table=head]Level|Base Attack|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Tentacle Attacker, Aberrant Heritage
2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Bonus Aberrant Feat
3rd|+1|+3|+1|+1|Aberrant Heritage
4th|+2|+4|+1|+1|Bonus Aberrant Feat
5th|+2|+4|+1|+1|-
6th|+3|+5|+2|+2|Aberrant Heritage, Bonus Aberrant Feat
7th|+3|+5|+2|+2|Multi Attack
8th|+4|+6|+2|+2|Bonus Aberrant Feat
9th|+4|+6|+3|+3|Aberrant Heritage
10th|+5|+7|+3|+3|Tentatools, Bonus Aberrant Feat
11th|+5|+7|+3|+3|Improved Grab
12th|+6/+1|+8|+4|+4|Aberrant Heritage, Bonus Aberrant Feat
13th|+6/+1|+8|+4|+4|Amorphous Body
14th|+7/+2|+9|+4|+4|Bonus Aberrant Feat
15th|+7/+2|+9|+5|+5|Aberrant Heritage, Adaptation
16th|+8/+3|+10|+5|+5|Bonus Aberrant Feat
17th|+8/+3|+10|+5|+5|Perfect Constrict
18th|+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|Aberrant Heritage, Bonus Aberrant Feat
19th|+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|-
20th|+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Half-Farspawn, Aberrant Heritage, Bonus Aberrant Feat[/table]

Hit Die: d10
The Dark Inheritor's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex) Climb (Str) Craft (Int) Escape Artist (Dex) Hide (Dex) Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge Dungeoneering (Int) Listen (Wis) Move Silently (Dex) Spot (Wis)
Survival (Wis) Swim (Str) Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at 1st level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: the Dark Inheritor is Proficient with both Light and Medium armor, they are also proficient with Simple weapons.

Tentacle Attacker When ever you ever you make a full round attack action with only your tentacle natural attacks your BAB for that attack is considered full (+1 per class level).

Aberrant Heritage: At 1st Level you gain one tentacle that sprouts from your torso, back, chest, shoulders, sides or waist. You gain one tentacle natural attack that deals 1d6 points of damage (for a Medium creature) plus your Strength modifier. At 3rd Level and every three levels after you gain an additional tentacle.

You can attack with your tentacles as a primary weapon and make as many attacks in a round as your total tentacles with each tentacle after the first taking a -5 penalty to hit. You may also attack with weapons and make tentacle attacks, but your tentacle attacks are treated as secondary weapons: The attacks are made with a -5 penalty on the attack roll, and you add only 1/2 your Strength bonus to the damage roll. You can only use two tentacles as secondary weapons in this way. Once you reach 9th level and you have a total of four tentacle attacks you can split your attacks to multiple targets. You can attack as many targets as 1/2 your total tentacles.

You can use one of your tentacles to make a Trip or Disarm check in any square you can reach with your tentacles, as described in the Player's Handbook. You can also do this during a Full Attack Action while still attacking with any available tentacles. A Trip or Disarm action never provokes an attack of opportunity when made with your tentacles and can never be turned against you if you fail the check.

You may also choose to perform special tentacle attacks.
Tentacle Stab: As a Full round attack action you can hit a target 5 feet further away then you normally would be able to, but with a -1 attack penalty to each attack made.
Tentacle Slam: As a Standard attack action you can wrap your tentacles together to make a large club-like appendage to strike your enemies, for each tentacle added increase the damage die from one tentacle to the following: 1D6; 1D8; 1D10; 2D6; 2D8; 2D10; 3D8; 3D10; 4D8; 4D10.

For each tentacle you have you gain a +1 racial bonus on grapple; trip; disarm checks, as well as Balance; Climb; Escape Artist; Swim skills. Your tentacles can benefit from the Weapon Finesse Feat and Power Attack Feat.

Gaining new tentacles as you grow in level has benefits and drawbacks. Along with the benefits listed above each tentacle counts as an Aberrant Feat for the purposes of determining certain bonuses of other Aberrant Feats. The main drawback from having more tentacles (besides the cumulative social skill penalties because they are treated as Aberrant Feats) is that as you gain more of them armor becomes difficult to wear. With at least 2 tentacles only Medium and Light armor can be worn, with 4 only Light and once you have 8 or more no armor can be worn.

Bonus Aberrant Feat: At 2nd Level and every two levels there after you may select one Aberrant Feat from the Lords of Madness book. You must meet all the prerequisite for the feat gained in this manner. You gain these feats in addition to the regularly gain feats through normal level progression.

Multi Attack: At 7th Level you gain the Multi Attack feat from the Monster Manual even if you don't meet the prerequisites.

Tentatools: At 10th level you gain the knowledge of how to craft Tentatools. These leather contraptions involve a large number of straps, buckles and padding. This will allow them to be secured to your tentacles which will give them certain material properties for bypassing damage reduction depending on what materials they are made with; they may also be enchanted with the +1 attack and damage line of enchants but nothing else.

Tentatools can be crafted by yourself with the proper skill in Craft (Armorsmithing,) or if you find someone that won’t try and run you through the second they see you, you'll be able to teach them so they can craft for you.

The cost of creating one Tentatool is 20 silver pieces for the general piece, plus one pound of appropriate metal whether simple iron or more specialized Adamantite and alchemical silver for bypassing damage reduction. Having a Tentatool does not increase your tentacles damage die.

Improved Grab: At 11th Level you gain the Improved Grab Feature for use with your tentacles. You can use this ability on a creature your size or smaller.

You also gain a Constrict attack for dealing more damage during a grapple. Your Constrict attack is up to half of your total Tentacles, but while you constrict with them you cannot use them for other actions such as attacking multiple targets or special Trip/Disarm attacks and for one round after you decide to stop constricting with them. This penalty is waived if you kill the grappled creature through constriction.

Amorphous Body: At 13th Level your body becomes slightly amorphous. You retain your humanoid shape but can shift your vital organs around inside and your tentacles around the outside of your body. This makes you immune to critical hits and stunning. This also allows you to hide your tentacles, which means they will no longer count negatively towards your social skills and will not be immediately visible if you do not allow it, even to someone standing right next to you.

Adaptation: At 15th Level you can choose a second energy type to receive a bonus resistance 5.

Perfect Constriction: At 17th Level you can add all of your tentacles to the damage you deal during a successful grapple.

Half-Farspawn: At 20th Level you become a Half-Farspawn. Your type changes to Aberration, you can choose a third energy type and gain resist 10 to it, the other two resistances you had increase to 10, you gain Darkvision 60 feet, telepathy out to 100 feet, you also gain Spell Resist equal to 5 + your Dark Inheritor Class Level and you damage reduction 10/Adamantine. You gain immunity to poison, fast healing 3 and one more instance of Aberrant Heritage. If you die you can be resurrected as normal. If you already have darkvision or telepathy from a Class or Racial Feature use whichever is higher.

You lose 4 Wisdom and Charisma from the shock of this transformation bringing this cannot reduce your total to less than 2. You no longer fall unconscious when reduced to 0 wisdom or charisma, instead you enter into a berserk state attacking whatever is closest to you, after first killing the creature that put you in that state. This functions similarly to a Barbarian’s Rage ability, giving you a +8 to Strength, +4 to Dexterity, and +6 to Constitution. It also gives you +4 dodge bonus to AC and 20 temporary hit points.

While in this rage everyone is treated as hostile and nothing can control you. This lasts for 10 rounds or until your stats are restored by some means at which point you become winded, gaining a -4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -4 Constitution, -2 Natural Armor for twice the number of rounds you were in the rage. If you rage for the full 10 rounds you recover 2 Wisdom and Charisma and become winded as above.

Jormengand
2012-12-10, 12:39 PM
Hmm... I don't know what half the feats do, however:

I like the concept, but I'm not sure I'd actually want to play one.

Also, replace the class ability listing with this:
Aberrant Heritage: At 1st Level you gain the Deep Spawn Aberrant Feat even if you don't have the prerequisites. You gain two tentacles that sprout from your torso, back, chest, shoulders, sides or waist. (This description supersedes the original feats description and use) One of these tentacles is thicker and stronger than the other. This is your combat tentacle; the other smaller and weaker one is your utility tentacle. You gain one tentacle natural attack that deals 1d6 points of damage (for a Medium creature) plus your Strength modifier. This tentacle attack is treated as a primary weapon.

You can attack with weapons and also make tentacle attacks, but your tentacle attacks are treated as secondary weapons: The attacks are made with a -5 penalty on the attack roll, and you add only 1/2 your Strength bonus to the damage roll. You also gain a +2 racial bonus on certain skills with each Utility Tentacle you have, this starts as a bonus to grapple checks. Your tentacles can benefit from the Weapon Finesse Feat and Power Attack Feat.

At 3rd Level and every three Levels after you gain 2 additional tentacles; one combat and one utility tentacle. You can only use two tentacles as secondary weapons when you attack with normal weapons, but you can use all of your tentacles in a full round attack action when treating them as primary weapons. Once you reach 9th level and you have a total of four tentacle attacks you can split your attacks to multiple targets. You can attack as many targets as 1/2 your total tentacles. Also, at this level you can use one of your tentacles to make a Trip or Disarm check, as described in the Player's Handbook. You can also do this during a Full Attack Action while still attacking with any available tentacles. If the enemy is next to you, your Utility tentacles increase the DC by 2 for each Utility tentacle. A Trip or Disarm action never provokes an attack of opportunity when made with your tentacles and can never be turned against you if you fail to complete the action.

Gaining new tentacles as you grow in level has benefits and drawbacks. Along with the benefits listed above each set of two tentacles counts as an Aberration Feat for the purposes of determining certain bonuses of other Aberration Feats. The main drawback from having more tentacles (besides the cumulative social skill penalties because they are treated as Aberration Feats) is that as you gain more of them armour becomes difficult to wear. With at least 2 tentacles only Medium and Light armour can be worn, with 4 only Light and once you have 8 or more no armour can be worn.

Bonus Aberrant Feat: At 2nd Level and every two levels there after you may select one Aberration Feat for free from the Lords of Madness book.

Multi Attack: At 5th Level you gain the Multi Attack feat from the Monster Manual even if you don't meet the prerequisites.

Tentacle Proficiency: At 7th Level you become exceedingly proficient with your tentacles and can perform special tentacle attacks. As a Full round attack action you can perform a Tentacle Stab Attack; this allows you to hit targets 5 feet further away then you normally would be able to, but with a -1 attack penalty to each attack made.

You can now Disarm and Trip in any square you can reach with your tentacles but the DC bonus is only +1 per Utility Tentacle. As a Standard attack action you can perform a Tentacle Slam attack. This allows you to wrap your tentacles together to make a large club-like appendage to strike your enemies, for each tentacle added increase the damage die from one tentacle to the following: 1D6; 1D8; 1D10; 2D6; 2D8; 2D10; 3D8; 3D10; 4D8; 4D10; 5D10.

Half-Farspawn: At 10th Level you become a Half-Farspawn, your type changes to Monstrous Humanoid, you gain resist 5 for one energy type of your choosing, telepathy with a range of 50 feet, Darkvision 60 feet, damage reduction 5/magic and your tentacle attacks are considered magic for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction.

Your Utility Tentacle bonus now applies to these skills: Balance; Climb; Escape Artist; Swim; Tumble. If you have training in Pick Pocket and Disarm Traps you gain the bonus as well. This transformation lowers your Charisma and Wisdom by -2, to a minimum of 2. If you already have darkvision, telepathy, or magic damage reduction from a Class or Racial Feature use whichever is higher.

You also gain the knowledge of how to craft Tentatools. These leather contraptions involve a large number of straps, buckles and padding. This will allow them to be secured to your tentacles which will give them certain material properties for bypassing damage reduction depending on what materials they are made with; they may also be enchanted with the +1 attack and damage line of enchants but nothing else.

Tentatools can be crafted by yourself with the proper skill in Craft (Armorsmithing,) or if you find someone that won’t try and run you through the second they see you, you'll be able to teach them so they can craft for you.

The cost of creating one Tentatool is 20 silver pieces for the general piece, plus one pound of appropriate metal whether simple iron or more specialized Adamantite and alchemical silver for bypassing damage reduction. Having a Tentatool does not increase your tentacles damage die.

Improved Grab: At 11th Level you gain the Improved Grab Feature for use with your tentacles. You can use this ability on a creature your size or smaller.

You also gain a Constrict attack for dealing more damage during a grapple. Your Constrict attack is up to half of your total Tentacles, but while you constrict with them you cannot use them for other actions such as attacking multiple targets or special Trip/Disarm attacks and for one round after you decide to stop constricting with them. This penalty is waived if you kill the grappled creature through constriction.

Spell Resistance: At 13th Level you gain Spell Resist equal to 10 + your Dark Inheritor Class Level.

Adaptation: At 15th Level you can choose a second energy type to receive a bonus resistance 5.

Amorphous Body: At 17th Level your body becomes slightly amorphous. You retain your humanoid shape but can shift your vital organs around inside and your tentacles around the outside of your body. This makes you immune to critical hits and stunning. This also allows you to hide your tentacles, which means they will no longer count negatively towards your social skills and will not be immediately visible if you do not allow it, even to someone standing right next to you.

Violate!: At 19th Level you gain the Violate! Attack. This can be used instead of constrict when you have pinned an enemy during a grapple. Your tentacles develop an enzyme similar to the Illithid’s tentacles which it can secrete at will, this quickly eats through the flesh of your enemies upon contact.

Once an enemy is pinned you can then penetrate its body with your tentacles and tear it apart from the inside out dealing full tentacle damage each round. Once you start Violating your target you can’t easily free yourself and must continue until your grapple is broken or your target is dead; once you start Violating your target after pinning them you don’t need to maintain the pin.

Farspawn Horror: At 20th Level you become a Farspawn Horror. Your type changes to Aberration, you can choose a third energy type and gain resist 10 to it, the other two resistances you had increase to 10, your telepathy increases to 100 feet, and your damage reduction increases to 10/Adamantine. You gain immunity to poison, fast healing 3 and one more instance of Aberrant Heritage. If you die you can be resurrected as normal.

You lose another 2 Wisdom and Charisma from the shock of this transformation bringing the total to -4 which cannot reduce your total to less than 2. You no longer fall unconscious when reduced to 0 wisdom or charisma, instead you enter into a berserk state attacking whatever is closest to you, after first killing the creature that put you in that state. This functions similarly to a Barbarian’s Rage ability, giving you a +8 to Strength, +4 to Dexterity, and +6 to Constitution. It also gives you +4 dodge bonus to AC and 20 temporary hit points.

While in this rage everyone is treated as hostile and nothing can control you. This lasts for 10 rounds or until your stats are restored by some means at which point you become winded, gaining a -4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, -4 Constitution, -2 Natural Armor for twice the number of rounds you were in the rage. If you rage for the full 10 rounds you recover 2 Wisdom and Charisma and become winded as above.
I've just made it a bit more readable, I haven't changed anything about the class.

I think that it's fairly balanced, but of course I couldn't say without having a look at the relevant books. I do, however, get the feeling that making about 10 attacks with your strength added to each on a full round attack action at level 18 (4 attacks for BAB, 6 for 6 additional tentacles) would be a bit silly, especially as you can easily have a strength modifier around 10 with magic items by that point.

Zman
2012-12-10, 01:17 PM
At first glance it doesn't look too bad, except for being a logistical nightmare.

The chassis is a bit strong, D10, 2 Good Saves, Full BAB. I'd drop it down to Medium BAB which will also reduce the grapple shenanigans that are likely to ensue in the hands of many players. It think that would be a solid move.

There is my 2cents.

AmberVael
2012-12-10, 02:08 PM
At first glance it doesn't look too bad, except for being a logistical nightmare.

I kinda agree with this. You make a lot of very simple things far more complex than they need to be. I don't think you need to divide up Aberrant Heritage and tentacle proficiency, for one. Just let people trip and disarm for their full reach at the base level. Further, splitting tentacles into combat and utility tentacles seems rather unnecessary, and also confusing as it changes what the Deepspawn feat does, which is what you're supposedly getting.

There are lots of things like this spread through the class, from the entirety of Tentacle Proficiency, to the restriction of worn armor (I understand the logic, but it's just one more unnecessary complication).

Even if you fix all this though, the class just doesn't have many options and tools available to it. Grappling and full attacks is a pretty boring move set, in my opinion. I don't think it can really compete with the more versatile classes.

vasharanpaladin
2012-12-10, 02:41 PM
*expected class involving Abyssal Heritor feats*

...Verdammt. :smallyuk:

Jeff the Green
2012-12-10, 04:21 PM
Hmm. I agree with what's been said already, but I have a few more things to say:

As written, Bonus Aberrant Feat allows you to choose a feat you don't qualify for. If you intended this, that's fine, though you might steal the wording of the monk's Bonus Feats. If not, you need to steal the wording of the fighter Bonus Feats.
A lot of the wording is a mess. Try to copy the WotC classes.
Tentacle Proficiency is a confusing name.
And on that note, he suffers the same problem as the monk: he's not proficient with his natural weapons.
I'm uncomfortable with the name of the Violate! feature, and I'd be surprised if I'm the only one.

scarmiglionne4
2012-12-10, 04:24 PM
The PEACH exchange thread brought me here.

I honestly do not see this as an appropriate player character class, unless maybe you had a Lovecraftian theme going, but even then it would seem like you would have to be playing something evil. The Violate! ability makes me think of hentai. Take that however you want to. :smallamused:

I think if you wanted to make a really memorable villain, this would be a great class for it. I can see the possibility of making Scarmiglione from FFIV by making a Dark Inheritor Lich. That's what I would do with it anyway.

Maybe it is because I don't play with many base classes other than the core ones, but having damage reduction 5/magic AND energy resistance AND Spell Resistance seems broken to me. That whole half-farspawn thing seems excessive. Maybe some of what that gives you could be spread out amongst several levels. Having all those defenses and having d10 hit dice makes this thing a tough nut to crack, by my estimation. Something has got to give.

I would say a d6 hit die and average BaB would make up for that, maybe. I personally like the energy resistance, but would probably lose the spell resistance altogether. Immunity to mind influencing effects is plenty for a "Lord of Madness" type I should think.

Sherishade
2012-12-11, 02:37 AM
Hmm... I don't know what half the feats do, however:

I like the concept, but I'm not sure I'd actually want to play one.

Also, replace the class ability listing with this:
Aberrant Heritage: At 1st Level you gain the Deep Spawn Aberrant Feat even if you don't have the prerequisites. You gain two tentacles that sprout from your torso, back, chest, shoulders, sides or waist. (This description supersedes the original feats description and use) One of these tentacles is thicker and stronger than the other. This is your combat tentacle; the other smaller and weaker one is your utility tentacle. You gain one tentacle natural attack that deals 1d6 points of damage (for a Medium creature) plus your Strength modifier. This tentacle attack is treated as a primary weapon.

You can attack with weapons and also make tentacle attacks, but your tentacle attacks are treated as secondary weapons: The attacks are made with a -5 penalty on the attack roll, and you add only 1/2 your Strength bonus to the damage roll. You also gain a +2 racial bonus on certain skills with each Utility Tentacle you have, this starts as a bonus to grapple checks. Your tentacles can benefit from the Weapon Finesse Feat and Power Attack Feat.

At 3rd Level and every three Levels after you gain 2 additional tentacles; one combat and one utility tentacle. You can only use two tentacles as secondary weapons when you attack with normal weapons, but you can use all of your tentacles in a full round attack action when treating them as primary weapons. Once you reach 9th level and you have a total of four tentacle attacks you can split your attacks to multiple targets. You can attack as many targets as 1/2 your total tentacles. Also, at this level you can use one of your tentacles to make a Trip or Disarm check, as described in the Player's Handbook. You can also do this during a Full Attack Action while still attacking with any available tentacles. If the enemy is next to you, your Utility tentacles increase the DC by 2 for each Utility tentacle. A Trip or Disarm action never provokes an attack of opportunity when made with your tentacles and can never be turned against you if you fail to complete the action.

Gaining new tentacles as you grow in level has benefits and drawbacks. Along with the benefits listed above each set of two tentacles counts as an Aberration Feat for the purposes of determining certain bonuses of other Aberration Feats. The main drawback from having more tentacles (besides the cumulative social skill penalties because they are treated as Aberration Feats) is that as you gain more of them armour becomes difficult to wear. With at least 2 tentacles only Medium and Light armour can be worn, with 4 only Light and once you have 8 or more no armour can be worn.

Bonus Aberrant Feat: At 2nd Level and every two levels there after you may select one Aberration Feat for free from the Lords of Madness book.

Multi Attack: At 5th Level you gain the Multi Attack feat from the Monster Manual even if you don't meet the prerequisites.

Tentacle Proficiency: At 7th Level you become exceedingly proficient with your tentacles and can perform special tentacle attacks. As a Full round attack action you can perform a Tentacle Stab Attack; this allows you to hit targets 5 feet further away then you normally would be able to, but with a -1 attack penalty to each attack made.

You can now Disarm and Trip in any square you can reach with your tentacles but the DC bonus is only +1 per Utility Tentacle. As a Standard attack action you can perform a Tentacle Slam attack. This allows you to wrap your tentacles together to make a large club-like appendage to strike your enemies, for each tentacle added increase the damage die from one tentacle to the following: 1D6; 1D8; 1D10; 2D6; 2D8; 2D10; 3D8; 3D10; 4D8; 4D10; 5D10.

Half-Farspawn: At 10th Level you become a Half-Farspawn, your type changes to Monstrous Humanoid, you gain resist 5 for one energy type of your choosing, telepathy with a range of 50 feet, Darkvision 60 feet, damage reduction 5/magic and your tentacle attacks are considered magic for the purpose of bypassing damage reduction.

Your Utility Tentacle bonus now applies to these skills: Balance; Climb; Escape Artist; Swim; Tumble. If you have training in Pick Pocket and Disarm Traps you gain the bonus as well. This transformation lowers your Charisma and Wisdom by -2, to a minimum of 2. If you already have darkvision, telepathy, or magic damage reduction from a Class or Racial Feature use whichever is higher.

You also gain the knowledge of how to craft Tentatools. These leather contraptions involve a large number of straps, buckles and padding. This will allow them to be secured to your tentacles which will give them certain material properties for bypassing damage reduction depending on what materials they are made with; they may also be enchanted with the +1 attack and damage line of enchants but nothing else.

Spell Resistance: At 13th Level you gain Spell Resist equal to 10 + your Dark Inheritor Class Level.

Amorphous Body: At 17th Level your body becomes slightly amorphous. You retain your humanoid shape but can shift your vital organs around inside and your tentacles around the outside of your body. This makes you immune to critical hits and stunning. This also allows you to hide your tentacles, which means they will no longer count negatively towards your social skills and will not be immediately visible if you do not allow it, even to someone standing right next to you.

Violate!: At 19th Level you gain the Violate! Attack. This can be used instead of constrict when you have pinned an enemy during a grapple. Your tentacles develop an enzyme similar to the Illithid’s tentacles which it can secrete at will, this quickly eats through the flesh of your enemies upon contact.

Once an enemy is pinned you can then penetrate its body with your tentacles and tear it apart from the inside out dealing full tentacle damage each round. Once you start Violating your target you can’t easily free yourself and must continue until your grapple is broken or your target is dead; once you start Violating your target after pinning them you don’t need to maintain the pin.

Farspawn Horror: At 20th Level you become a Farspawn Horror. Your type changes to Aberration, you can choose a third energy type and gain resist 10 to it, the other two resistances you had increase to 10, your telepathy increases to 100 feet, and your damage reduction increases to 10/Adamantine. You gain immunity to poison, fast healing 3 and one more instance of Aberrant Heritage. If you die you can be resurrected as normal.

You lose another 2 Wisdom and Charisma from the shock of this transformation bringing the total to -4 which cannot reduce your total to less than 2. You no longer fall unconscious when reduced to 0 wisdom or charisma, instead you enter into a berserk state attacking whatever is closest to you, after first killing the creature that put you in that state. This functions similarly to a Barbarian’s Rage ability, giving you a +8 to Strength, +4 to Dexterity, and +6 to Constitution. It also gives you +4 dodge bonus to AC and 20 temporary hit points.

I've just made it a bit more readable, I haven't changed anything about the class.

I think that it's fairly balanced, but of course I couldn't say without having a look at the relevant books. I do, however, get the feeling that making about 10 attacks with your strength added to each on a full round attack action at level 18 (4 attacks for BAB, 6 for 6 additional tentacles) would be a bit silly, especially as you can easily have a strength modifier around 10 with magic items by that point.

I will replace your rewritten version i'm horrible with sentence structure and grammer so thanks ^^

I'm not 100% on what can or cannot be apart of BAB but I thought natural attacks like the tentacles don't get the same BAB progression as a sword would. Like if you have two claws attacks no matter what you get two claw attacks, thats why monks need their fists to be manufactured and natural so they can gain BAB progression. The mass of attacks with strength was went to compensate for the falchion weilding warrior with the elemental enchant geting a +2D6 each time he hits.

Sherishade
2012-12-11, 02:40 AM

The chassis is a bit strong, D10, 2 Good Saves, Full BAB. I'd drop it down to Medium BAB which will also reduce the grapple shenanigans that are likely to ensue in the hands of many players. It think that would be a solid move.

There is my 2cents.

I was thinking on making it a D8 with medium BAB and possibly only Fort as Good I like the grapple because I see a tentacle horror grappling quite well but ya full BAB and bonuses to grapple is probably a bit over kill lol.

Sherishade
2012-12-11, 02:46 AM
I kinda agree with this. You make a lot of very simple things far more complex than they need to be. I don't think you need to divide up Aberrant Heritage and tentacle proficiency, for one. Just let people trip and disarm for their full reach at the base level. Further, splitting tentacles into combat and utility tentacles seems rather unnecessary, and also confusing as it changes what the Deepspawn feat does, which is what you're supposedly getting.

There are lots of things like this spread through the class, from the entirety of Tentacle Proficiency, to the restriction of worn armor (I understand the logic, but it's just one more unnecessary complication).

Even if you fix all this though, the class just doesn't have many options and tools available to it. Grappling and full attacks is a pretty boring move set, in my opinion. I don't think it can really compete with the more versatile classes.

I feel ya my vision was to be a kind of battle field controller get in the fray tripping and grappling left and right. I did the wording with the DeepSpawn feat to prevent stacking more tentacles on top of tentacles. The armor I did because I didn't want someone taking one multi class into warrior and full plate with massive natural armor from one of the aberrant feats and massive tentacle attacks it'd turn into a nigh unstoppable killing machine. I also agree with the boring move set, I usually play casters for versatility but don't most melee types have only full attack and grapple unless they Prestige?

Sherishade
2012-12-11, 02:53 AM
Hmm. I agree with what's been said already, but I have a few more things to say:

As written, Bonus Aberrant Feat allows you to choose a feat you don't qualify for. If you intended this, that's fine, though you might steal the wording of the monk's Bonus Feats. If not, you need to steal the wording of the fighter Bonus Feats.
A lot of the wording is a mess. Try to copy the WotC classes.
Tentacle Proficiency is a confusing name.
And on that note, he suffers the same problem as the monk: he's not proficient with his natural weapons.
I'm uncomfortable with the name of the Violate! feature, and I'd be surprised if I'm the only one.

ya I could word alot of it better lol will definitely work on that.
I've change tentacle proficiency three times I think I'll merge it as a starting feature.
I don't understand this proficiency you speak of I'll have to do some book searching. There's alot of things wrong with the monk lol.
Ya Violate! I kinda did for shock value not really family friendly but I wanted to design the class as a grappling master with good and plausible grapple damage, changing the name is something i can do maybe just increase constrict damage.

Sherishade
2012-12-11, 02:58 AM
The PEACH exchange thread brought me here.

I honestly do not see this as an appropriate player character class, unless maybe you had a Lovecraftian theme going, but even then it would seem like you would have to be playing something evil. The Violate! ability makes me think of hentai. Take that however you want to. :smallamused:

I think if you wanted to make a really memorable villain, this would be a great class for it. I can see the possibility of making Scarmiglione from FFIV by making a Dark Inheritor Lich. That's what I would do with it anyway.

Maybe it is because I don't play with many base classes other than the core ones, but having damage reduction 5/magic AND energy resistance AND Spell Resistance seems broken to me. That whole half-farspawn thing seems excessive. Maybe some of what that gives you could be spread out amongst several levels. Having all those defenses and having d10 hit dice makes this thing a tough nut to crack, by my estimation. Something has got to give.

I would say a d6 hit die and average BaB would make up for that, maybe. I personally like the energy resistance, but would probably lose the spell resistance altogether. Immunity to mind influencing effects is plenty for a "Lord of Madness" type I should think.

That's the whole point I hate paladins and find most good alignments boring playing the heroes galavanting around the country side saving Damsel McDistressed is annoying lol. My two favorite alignments are chaotic neutral and neutral evil you can go any where and do any thing, I remember one time I got into this huge argument because the rogue was chaotic good and was stealing and assasinating. I said to him you can't be good and do all that.

Course I also don't see why alot of "evil" spells are evil I'm the kinda person that thinks summoning demons and raising undead isn't a bad thing unless you use it for bad purposes.