PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl! The Tavern.



Pages : [1] 2

Centaur Hero
2012-12-09, 12:26 PM
Greetings adventurers!!!

Could I receive another list of characters in here of those who have made it here, for my convenience. Before I start us off in character. I would like you all to explain to me how your group came together, and over how long a period. As well as perhaps a quick synopsis on your last adventure. If you all would like me to just come up with it I will. But perhaps this will let you all get to know each other a little bit.

Thanks.

The Squirrel
2012-12-09, 01:43 PM
totally stealing newcomer's table
{table=head]Player|Character|Something
Quellian-dyrae| Tilden Grassbower (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479227)|Halfling Mongol
Newcomer|Aleidra Moonsea (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479554)|Water Priestess
Cleavon| Davos Brassol (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480145)|Aura Monkey
Amanil|Alskip 'Skip' Brambletassle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480108)|Strongheart Rogue
The Squirrel| Thunkar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480019)|Rowboat Barbarian
Phyzor| Ach Joh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480327)|Orc Hero
[/table]

Anyone mind if I take green for in character dialog? As far as getting together, nothing springs to mind, but I'm pretty flexible.

Newcomer
2012-12-09, 02:23 PM
I'm open to ideas, but I don't have any as of the moment. It's such a diverse group, in terms of motivations, that I imagine it would have to be mostly through answering general calls for muscle. Should we all have already formed as a group, or could a few of us maybe not have worked with some of the others yet?

I'd like to speak in Royal Blue, please!

Centaur Hero
2012-12-09, 02:32 PM
I'm open to ideas, but I don't have any as of the moment. It's such a diverse group, in terms of motivations, that I imagine it would have to be mostly through answering general calls for muscle. Should we all have already formed as a group, or could a few of us maybe not have worked with some of the others yet?

I'd like to speak in Royal Blue, please!

It's up to you guys. I'm Taking Black

Phyzor
2012-12-09, 02:37 PM
Sienna for me please

And for getting together: the bartender could have introduced us all, since we were looking for an adventure/work and checking out the boards or informing at the barkeep.

Richard Nugglesworth could have taken word of it and decided to give us a lettre via the barkeep.

Amanil
2012-12-09, 02:39 PM
Open to suggestions, however the simple bit is Alskip is looking for work in the city. Based on the IC thread, the employer sounds like a bit of a snob, so I suppose he's trying to make it big by working for someone rather well moneyed and then live off of that for while.

As for how he met the group; as all of them are strangers to the city Alskip could have been working as a guide, showing them around the important places?

EDIT: I'll take Medium Turquoise

Newcomer
2012-12-09, 02:58 PM
Open to suggestions, however the simple bit is Alskip is looking for work in the city. Based on the IC thread, the employer sounds like a bit of a snob, so I suppose he's trying to make it big by working for someone rather well moneyed and then live off of that for while.

As for how he met the group; as all of them are strangers to the city Alskip could have been working as a guide, showing them around the important places?

EDIT: I'll take Medium Turquoise

Aleidra's lived in Suzail for most of her life now, but those are good ideas. Would the other characters hire a guide? I imagine some of them would.

Money's good, and needed, but Aleidra mainly wants to see more of what's out there in the world.

Perhaps Aleidra herself recruited a couple of the others to help with some mission for the church of Istishia? Between that and Skip guiding the other party members around the city, everyone could know at least some of the party (especially if Skip or someone else is in both groups). I don't know what the church would've needed help with, though.

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-09, 04:06 PM
Dim gray will work for me.

As far as grouping...the guide idea's good (Tilden could definitely use one, not being used to the big city at all, and would trust a fellow halfling like Skip more easily).

I think overall Phyzor's idea would be simplest and make the most overall sense. Would also let our characters have pretty much clean slates with each other.

Newcomer
2012-12-09, 04:15 PM
I think overall Phyzor's idea would be simplest and make the most overall sense. Would also let our characters have pretty much clean slates with each other.

I have nothing against it! If we're free to basically not really know each other yet, then I like that. It just means we'll need to find a compelling reason to stay together, or to get stuck together... :smalleek:

Amanil
2012-12-09, 04:24 PM
It just means we'll need to find a compelling reason to stay together, or to get stuck together... :smalleek:
You'd be amazed who will work with each other if they're getting paid enough to do it. :smallwink:

Newcomer
2012-12-09, 04:39 PM
You'd be amazed who will work with each other if they're getting paid enough to do it. :smallwink:

True. I'm specifically thinking about Tilden and Aleidra.. sure, money's good, but at some point I'd think Tilden would rather walk away than keep working with a cleric.. unless she can earn his trust.

Does anyone know of any published mention of the relationship between Talos and Istishia? Water and Storms are related, but they're not listed as allies or enemies in anything I've been able to uncover so far. I'm trying to figure out what the church of Istishia, and therefore Aleidra, would think about Talos.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-09, 04:45 PM
Ok, sounds like the cliche will be it. The innkeep at the drunken walrus introduced you all to eachother and Mr. Nugglesworth will have then looked into hiring you all.

So, once everyone has posted with their colors we shall begin.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-09, 04:47 PM
We are just missing Davos

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-09, 05:12 PM
True. I'm specifically thinking about Tilden and Aleidra.. sure, money's good, but at some point I'd think Tilden would rather walk away than keep working with a cleric.. unless she can earn his trust.

Does anyone know of any published mention of the relationship between Talos and Istishia? Water and Storms are related, but they're not listed as allies or enemies in anything I've been able to uncover so far. I'm trying to figure out what the church of Istishia, and therefore Aleidra, would think about Talos.

Quick check doesn't reveal any particular relationship, positive or negative. I explicitly made sure to note that Tilden can work with priests, just grudgingly. He won't be very nice to Aleidra (at least at first), but nor would he pull a "she goes or I go".

And I would expect that over the course of the campaign, he'll come to realize that she can be trusted.

Newcomer
2012-12-09, 06:56 PM
I just interpretted the 'won't be happy about it' more strongly. I did note that he was willing to work together; I just wasn't sure how willing. Sorry if it appeared I was ignoring that. I didn't expect you to cause trouble; I was just thinking about motivations. I'm looking forward to seeing the interactions! :smallsmile:

Cleavon
2012-12-09, 07:29 PM
Hmm I think I'll be speaking in This color

If it offends the eyes at all let me know.

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-09, 07:32 PM
I just interpretted the 'won't be happy about it' more strongly. I did note that he was willing to work together; I just wasn't sure how willing. Sorry if it appeared I was ignoring that. I didn't expect you to cause trouble; I was just thinking about motivations. I'm looking forward to seeing the interactions! :smallsmile:

Nah, it was a good point, figured it was a good idea to clarify. And I am too!

Centaur Hero
2012-12-09, 09:53 PM
Hmm I think I'll be speaking in This color

If it offends the eyes at all let me know.

It does a little, could you go a little darker?

Cleavon
2012-12-09, 10:42 PM
It does a little, could you go a little darker?

Maybe. Sure Darkred it is I guess

Newcomer
2012-12-09, 11:19 PM
Maybe. Sure Darkred it is I guess

I swear there's a way to set color more exactly with RGB values, but I couldn't find a thread about it, and it's probably not worth the effort to type it in every time.

But Centaur Hero, I did find this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677) I'd previously bookmarked, which starts with a brief tutorial on creating tables. It starts with the basic table, then shows some tricks, then has a whole slew of blank tables for homebrewers to copy. Since you've asked for tables a couple times, and they're really not terribly complicated, you may wish to bookmark it as well. :smallsmile:

Phyzor
2012-12-10, 02:03 PM
Damn, i am cliche haha.

So does this mean we are underway and can post IC?

Centaur Hero
2012-12-10, 03:15 PM
I swear there's a way to set color more exactly with RGB values, but I couldn't find a thread about it, and it's probably not worth the effort to type it in every time.

But Centaur Hero, I did find this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677) I'd previously bookmarked, which starts with a brief tutorial on creating tables. It starts with the basic table, then shows some tricks, then has a whole slew of blank tables for homebrewers to copy. Since you've asked for tables a couple times, and they're really not terribly complicated, you may wish to bookmark it as well. :smallsmile:

Thank you very much.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-10, 03:23 PM
We are set to begin!

Centaur Hero
2012-12-10, 05:40 PM
@ Phyzor, Ach jon is missing his strength damage on the great-sword.

Amanil
2012-12-10, 05:46 PM
@ Phyzor, Ach jon is missing his strength damage on the great-sword.
Sorry for snooping, but figured as it's useful I might as well add to that point that the melee and ranged attack bonus rows are missing the +1 for base attack bonus (due to Barbarian class). This boosts up his to-hit roll for all weapons by 1. Also, on the off-chance that you forget, your greatsword damage is 2d6+7 (1.5x strength bonus, due to two-handed weapon), and your dagger's is 1d4+5 (1x strength bonus). Also, you've missed off the -1 check penalty for skill rolls where it applies (I guess it'd go in the Misc column?), as I assume he'd be wearing armour all of the time (it being Light armour, he can sleep in the stuff like the uncouth barbarian that he is).

EDIT: Also, Thunkar's saving throws need the base level added (+2 to Fortitude saves), and he's missing his base attack bonus (though you seem to have applied it to the actual attack scores) and check penalty to skills as well.

EDIT EDIT: Also also, a few people are missing their speed, which has an effect on their jump score.

Newcomer
2012-12-10, 06:28 PM
Assuming there's no problem with my doing so, I've made a few final touches to my character sheet: added cleric's vestments and set my prepared spells for the day. I have my current armor check penalty listed under my skills, with asterisks where it applies, rather than changing it on each skill every time I drop my backpack or remove armor. I wish it would automatically account for that.

The Squirrel
2012-12-10, 07:04 PM
Thunkar's saving throws need the base level added (+2 to Fortitude saves), and he's missing his base attack bonus (though you seem to have applied it to the actual attack scores) and check penalty to skills as well.


Fixed the fortitude and BAB issues. The armor check penalty and speed will vary depending on what he's carrying. While traveling he'll be under a heavy load which reduces my speed to 30 ft and has a -6 armor check penalty, whereas if I drop some stuff (which I should work on grouping into 'carried in the boat' and 'carried on Thunkar') I'll increase my speed to 40 ft and have only a -1 armor check penalty. (Or even just dropping some stuff to a medium load for a 30ft speed and -3 AC penalty.)

Phyzor
2012-12-11, 03:04 AM
Sorry for snooping, but figured as it's useful I might as well add to that point that the melee and ranged attack bonus rows are missing the +1 for base attack bonus (due to Barbarian class). This boosts up his to-hit roll for all weapons by 1. Also, on the off-chance that you forget, your greatsword damage is 2d6+7 (1.5x strength bonus, due to two-handed weapon), and your dagger's is 1d4+5 (1x strength bonus). Also, you've missed off the -1 check penalty for skill rolls where it applies (I guess it'd go in the Misc column?), as I assume he'd be wearing armour all of the time (it being Light armour, he can sleep in the stuff like the uncouth barbarian that he is).


Im quite the newbie on this, so thanks for helping me out.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-11, 10:13 AM
Im quite the newbie on this, so thanks for helping me out.

It's all good.

Phyzor
2012-12-11, 10:35 AM
Also to clear this once and for all, my PC's name is Ach Joh, not Jon :)

Newcomer
2012-12-11, 11:21 AM
Also to clear this once and for all, my PC's name is Ach Joh, not Jon :)

Oops. Do believe that's my fault. :smallredface:

Amanil
2012-12-11, 11:24 AM
Also to clear this once and for all, my PC's name is Ach Joh, not Jon :)
That's fine, I'll just change Skip's plan to call him "Jonny" to "Joey" instead. :smallwink:

Centaur Hero
2012-12-11, 11:38 AM
Also to clear this once and for all, my PC's name is Ach Joh, not Jon :)

Oh my bad! Sorry.

The Squirrel
2012-12-11, 12:27 PM
Oops. Do believe that's my fault. :smallredface:

And we all blame you. For ever and ever. And ever. :smallbiggrin:

(Apologies on my part as well (not that I'll ever admit to a mistake) and fixed the table at the beginning.)

Newcomer
2012-12-11, 01:25 PM
And we all blame you. For ever and ever. And ever. :smallbiggrin:

Sigh. That didn't take long.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-11, 03:17 PM
Before I advance too far I want to make sure everyone is in.

The Squirrel
2012-12-11, 03:31 PM
Thunkar's clearly interested but unlikely to commit unless our host explains everything more simplistically (though it was already pretty clear) and/or a few more members of the party confirm intent.

Newcomer
2012-12-11, 03:33 PM
Aleidra's in, she just hasn't said as much yet.

Amanil
2012-12-11, 03:54 PM
Skip'll go for it, given what he views as easy money. He's a bit apprehensive about straying from the city, and you can also expect him to be wanting to hitch a ride with one of the barbarians. He's only little, after all. :smallwink:

Newcomer
2012-12-11, 07:47 PM
Amanil, I'm not sure what happened with your dice, but the forum will not roll dice on an edit, nor on a previewed post. So if you're rolling, don't hit Preview. (You actually can preview, you just have to replace the [roll0] that turns up with a fresh roll code.)

Phyzor
2012-12-12, 02:18 AM
I noticed before that when you use () in a roll the roller gets confused with it.


so a {roll=knowledge (local)}1d20{/roll} wont work and a {roll=knowledge local}1d20{/roll} will work

Newcomer
2012-12-12, 12:39 PM
Thank you, Thunkar! This game is going to be fun! :smallbiggrin:

The Squirrel
2012-12-12, 04:54 PM
:smallwink:
Thunkar aims to please.

The Squirrel
2012-12-13, 05:17 PM
C-Hero: Let me know if I'm taking too many liberties here.At camp or in the woods I doubt I'd assume so much went according to how I think it would, but I figured it couldn't hurt to start the adventure demonstrating how Thunkar's good intentions make his life difficult interesting. (and I'm always good with editing if I go too far - this or any other post)

Centaur Hero
2012-12-15, 10:40 AM
Everything is fine so far, I love this group. I wish My current Dnd group was this fun.

Newcomer
2012-12-15, 01:59 PM
Everything is fine so far, I love this group. I wish My current Dnd group was this fun.

Great job, group! I like how everyone's character seems well-defined and distinct. :smallsmile:

For what it's worth, I find it way easier to be creative and develop character layers online than in person. There's more time to think about every reaction, and the written medium encourages more description. Since posts are so individual (rather than everyone talking at once), it discourages groupthink and encourages the well-defined and distinct characters I already mentioned. And having strict IC and OOC threads also helps keep everyone involved in the story (when they post IC, at least).

Centaur Hero
2012-12-15, 11:53 PM
I know it kind of goes without saying, but everyone I would appreciate it if you only read spoilers if they are directed toward you, so as to keep the game fun.

Cleavon
2012-12-16, 12:11 AM
I know it kind of goes without saying, but everyone I would appreciate it if you only read spoilers if they are directed toward you, so as to keep the game fun.

I live on the edge. I don't even read spoilers directed at my own character.

The Squirrel
2012-12-17, 06:44 PM
I think I need a sense motive...
[roll0]

Newcomer
2012-12-17, 10:51 PM
I was working on a post to yell "Goblins!" when you posted that last(I was previewing to pick a size to yell in).

Roughly how many goblins/hobgoblins are there?

Centaur Hero
2012-12-18, 09:39 AM
From where you are, looking out the side you see four goblins and one hobgoblin, standing at the ready.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-18, 09:47 AM
My bad for not already describing the wagon in detail, but its like a Coach wagon
with doors on each side. The whole structure is made of wood. There is also a door from the bench up front to the inside.

Cleavon
2012-12-18, 02:12 PM
Nice going, loser. Now I have to edit my post. GOD!

Phyzor
2012-12-18, 05:09 PM
...........[/sarcasm]

Newcomer
2012-12-18, 06:13 PM
Will we have some kind of map for our combat encounters?

Cleavon
2012-12-18, 07:36 PM
Will we have some kind of map for our combat encounters?

I'll try and educate the dm in making such things if he doesn't have a set plan for that.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-18, 09:32 PM
Yes that would be cool. I was just planning on kinda describing everything, but that works. If combat is initiated, everyone roll initiative in here.

Amanil
2012-12-18, 09:43 PM
I'm just going to go ahead and roll initiative now, mostly because I'm planning on making full use of the surprise round and hopefully getting a second go if I beat their initiative. :smallwink:

[roll0]

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-18, 10:06 PM
Well, I can't think of anything useful to contribute.

Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Tilden, apparently, wants to go.

The Squirrel
2012-12-18, 10:11 PM
I'm not planning on initiating (and thus no surprise round for me), but I'll go ahead and roll initiative as well since it sounds like Skip's going to act (though I doubt what Thunkar's about to say will be constructive).

Initiative [roll0]

Newcomer
2012-12-18, 10:18 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

There should be a spell that conjures a small pouch of gold coins, maybe 4d6*CL gp, that lasts for 1 round per level.

That would cause all sorts of havoc. :smallbiggrin: Wouldn't help us level 1 characters here, though.

Amanil
2012-12-18, 10:31 PM
Yep, Skip's off because he wants in to make use of his sneak attack. Also, can I get a "wooo" for the rolling so far? Maximum damage and a decent attack roll. With a bit of luck that might add a fair bit to Thunkar's intimidation. :smallbiggrin:

Newcomer
2012-12-18, 10:32 PM
Yep, Skip's off because he wants in to make use of his sneak attack. Also, can I get a "wooo" for the rolling so far? Maximum damage and a decent attack roll. With a bit of luck that might add a fair bit to Thunkar's intimidation. :smallbiggrin:

Wooo!! :smallbiggrin:

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-18, 10:35 PM
Nice! ...Every time I play a rogue my first attack of the game is a natural 1.

Phyzor
2012-12-19, 02:55 AM
[roll0]

i sense a time difference here :smallsmile:, you guys all posted around 3.30-4.30 AM for me.

The Squirrel
2012-12-19, 03:01 AM
Ouch - looks like the die roller did not like you pointing out the inherent time differences. Myself, I keep odd hours so when I post is sometimes a crapshoot.

Phyzor
2012-12-19, 03:36 AM
I just have troubles putting all that muscle through the door :smallfurious:

Cleavon
2012-12-19, 05:16 AM
All up Init: [roll0]

Centaur Hero
2012-12-19, 07:53 AM
Whomever wants to brown nose the dm, go ahead and list everyones initiative in one post once they all have for me.

My goblins, go on a 10

Amanil
2012-12-19, 08:34 AM
{table=head]Player | Character| Initiative
Quellian-dyrae| Tilden Grassbower (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479227)|21
Cleavon| Davos Brassol (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480145)|16
Newcomer|Aleidra Moonsea (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=479554)|16
Amanil|Alskip 'Skip' Brambletassle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480108)|14
The Squirrel| Thunkar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480019)|12
DM|Goblin scum|10
Phyzor| Ach Joh (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=480327)|3
[/table]

I've got no interest in brown-nosing, I just want to get this thing rolling. :smallwink: The order is top to bottom (i.e. though both are on a 14, Davos goes before Aleidra as he has a higher initiative modifier)

How are we doing combat rounds, given that waiting for everyone to post in sequence seems a bit of a slow way of doing it (especially if we need to wait for you to post the result between each post)? Is it going to be a "post your intent in any order you like, then that gets resolved once everyone's stated it in their initiative order", or do you want everyone to post in order and allow slight tweaks based on the result (i.e. if two people are attacking one goblin and that goblin goes down to the first person, does the second person get to revise their action), or something else entirely?

As an aside, I'd like to point out that all of the goblins are flat-footed until Ach Joh gets round to it, and with a bit of luck that lead hobgoblin's going to take another rock to the face. Get your easy attacks in while you can, folks! :smallbiggrin:

Also, as I messed up the dice roller in the IC thread during that surprise round, to clarify: the damage done to the hobgoblin was 3 because of the stone plus 6 due to the sneak attack, totalling 9.

EDIT: Unless he's got some sort of gross flat-footed AC, I think that's another 8 damage, totalling 17. :smallbiggrin:

Newcomer
2012-12-19, 01:10 PM
[roll0]

i sense a time difference here :smallsmile:, you guys all posted around 3.30-4.30 AM for me.

I'm in the US, so there is a time difference. That said, I frequently check in throughout the day and late into the night. I didn't look in at all this morning, though.

DM, is it possible to get a shot at their leader from the coach window?

Centaur Hero
2012-12-19, 04:36 PM
I'm in the US, so there is a time difference. That said, I frequently check in throughout the day and late into the night. I didn't look in at all this morning, though.

DM, is it possible to get a shot at their leader from the coach window?

I'm afraid not. He is in the front of the wagon.

And, Yea, everyone just go on there initiative, it may take longer, but its less chaotic

Centaur Hero
2012-12-19, 04:47 PM
I apologize, Tilden you get to act first. Everyone please do not post until your turn in the order. Skip, your second attack has not happened.

Amanil
2012-12-19, 04:55 PM
Fair enough. Do you want us to wait for a result from you (if required) when doing so? If so, that'd get rather drawn out if two attacks are an option (as is the case with Tilden, as if his dog downs someone then his own attack may be on someone else).

Would you only want us to wait on your response to the previous people if it has an effect on us? In my case I'd have to wait, but others (such as Aleidra) may not have needed to, for example.

Cleavon
2012-12-19, 09:23 PM
I'll have to talk to you about some things and some stuff.

Well. I went and rolled a 1. Pretty awesome.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-19, 09:48 PM
Fair enough. Do you want us to wait for a result from you (if required) when doing so? If so, that'd get rather drawn out if two attacks are an option (as is the case with Tilden, as if his dog downs someone then his own attack may be on someone else).

Would you only want us to wait on your response to the previous people if it has an effect on us? In my case I'd have to wait, but others (such as Aleidra) may not have needed to, for example.

Until my buddy cleavon teaches me the ways, just wait for me, I check it fairly regularly.

Amanil
2012-12-19, 10:41 PM
I believe Skip's up next. I'm assuming you want me to re-roll? Regardless, same plan: was going to chuck a stone at the hobgoblin but instead aiming for a goblin as the leader was sliced in two. :smallbiggrin:

Newcomer
2012-12-19, 10:43 PM
Well I certainly don't think you need to wait for him to resolve Aleidra's action. If that shot somehow hit, this combat will be very brief indeed.

EDIT: If you jab at them from atop the carriage, remember you get +1 to melee attacks for higher ground. :smallsmile:

Amanil
2012-12-19, 11:09 PM
Well I certainly don't think you need to wait for him to resolve Aleidra's action. If that shot somehow hit, this combat will be very brief indeed.

Hehe, indeed. Done my actions as such (minimum damage, just to offset the maximum from last time :smalltongue:) and ready to poke at any nasty little critters trying to climb or get round the wagon. Here's to hoping they don't turn Skip into a pincushion first, though I would imagine that there are some distinctly more threatening targets. :smallbiggrin:

Newcomer
2012-12-19, 11:11 PM
You ninja'ed my edit.

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-19, 11:19 PM
Hey does Davos have an aura on by any chance?

Amanil
2012-12-19, 11:25 PM
EDIT: If you jab at them from atop the carriage, remember you get +1 to melee attacks for higher ground. :smallsmile:

Why'd you think he's up there in the first place? I figure he's smart enough to be fairly tactical, and definitely plays to his strengths (in this case, throwing stuff and area denial). :smallbiggrin:

I'll let the fighter-types deal with the big ones, I'm sure you guys have it more than covered.

Also: good question about the aura. I believe you can only affect a certain number of us, so I guess you'd have to call that as well.

Cleavon
2012-12-20, 03:35 AM
Hey does Davos have an aura on by any chance?

Ah forgot about that one. Yeah when combat starts I default his aura to reactive damage. So if anyone gets hit within 30 feet that has Line of effect to me. Doesn't matter the number of people within 30 feet, and functions even if I am unconscious.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-20, 08:42 AM
Hey Aminal, how does skip get two feats?

Amanil
2012-12-20, 09:17 AM
Strongheart Halfling, who get a bonus feat (like humans) but don't get the bonus to saves like "regular" D&D halflings. They're a Forgotten Realms race, as per the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-20, 11:13 AM
Oh, Duh, I knew that too.

The Squirrel
2012-12-20, 02:23 PM
Just re-read Cleavon's post and realized I misread which aura was up - if for some weird reason I did hit, it's only 19 damage.

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-20, 03:40 PM
So correct me if I'm wrong, but from Tilden's position (well, once he changes facing) he should be able to see what's going on on both sides of the wagon and in front, right? Can I get a count and rough position of active foes? Figured I'd ask now so I'm not wasting time when my turn comes up.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-20, 10:45 PM
So, Aminal, you put yourself in a position, to be the only person guarding one side of the wagon, and then wonder why the ones on that side attack you? Skip knew what he was getting into guarding that door.

Amanil
2012-12-20, 11:23 PM
So, Aminal, you put yourself in a position, to be the only person guarding one side of the wagon, and then wonder why the ones on that side attack you? Skip knew what he was getting into guarding that door.
I don't wonder, Skip does. Being a small person, it's always easier to hit bigger folk, it's just common sense. It's alright, though, though he might be pintsize he's got a big enough ego. If anything, it's flattering. :smallwink:

Centaur Hero
2012-12-21, 09:35 AM
I don't wonder, Skip does. Being a small person, it's always easier to hit bigger folk, it's just common sense. It's alright, though, though he might be pintsize he's got a big enough ego. If anything, it's flattering. :smallwink:

Hahahahahahaha

Centaur Hero
2012-12-21, 09:36 AM
Anyone else have some taunts to throw? Now's the time. Or maybe that one last attack before they run. I know Davos will miss but i mean, everyone go for it. Since they are leaving, I don't care about the order of things.

Amanil
2012-12-21, 12:04 PM
By my reckoning, there's still one within melee range of Skip (the one that he got an attack of opportunity on but didn't hit)? I assume he's right up against the wagon, but hadn't actually climbed it yet when the call went out to retreat? i.e.

.....
..G..
wwSww
Where "G" is the goblin, "w" is the wagon top, and "S" is Skip on top of the wagon top? If that's not accurate, let me know so I can correct Skip's actions. It shouldn't have much effect either way, it might up the killcount a little, though. :smallwink:

EDIT: I just remembered that 10 foot reach is different from a 10 foot burst, so the goblin below is almost certainly within Skip's reach (but not the other way around) due to how they work. Basically, Skip can attack anyone 10 foot away in any Cartesian direction, and as we're in three dimensions this might be hard to represent, so I'll do it in multiple slices.


Wagon-top level:
xxxxx
x...x
x.S.x

Wagon level:
xxxxx
x...x
WWWWW

Ground level:
xxxxx
xxGxx
WWWWW

Where "x"s are where Skip can attack, "W"s are the edge of the wagon, and "G" is the goblin (which Skip can also hit, albeit with cover).

If that's the case, then it's even better, as the goblin won't be able to even withdraw without taking an attack of opportunity. :smallbiggrin:

Also, Skip's taunt was less than threatening. Please don't ask him to attempt to do so in future. :smalltongue:

The Squirrel
2012-12-21, 02:57 PM
Anyone else have some taunts to throw? Now's the time. Or maybe that one last attack before they run. I know Davos will miss but i mean, everyone go for it. Since they are leaving, I don't care about the order of things.

Oh yeah; in fact, if I miss on this attack, Thunkar looks like he's about to chase down the goblin that attacked him. He's a bit slow to get into a fight, but once it starts, he makes sure to end it.


Edit: Wooo! Nat 20! I'll go ahead and assume it hits :)

Edit^2: Boo-urns! Nat 2...

Cleavon
2012-12-21, 07:43 PM
It's true, I did miss.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-21, 09:41 PM
Yes, skip can attack him.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-21, 09:42 PM
It's true, I did miss.

You roll as bad on here as in real life. Lets play risk when you come home.

Cleavon
2012-12-21, 09:58 PM
Just wait till I start breathing fire on people.

Amanil
2012-12-21, 10:25 PM
Broken ranged attack:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Centaur Hero
2012-12-22, 01:49 PM
217 XP for everyone. You all can divide up the treasure how you see fit, or put it into one "Party" treasure, it's up to you. Also, you will need to figure out the value of everything.

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-22, 03:22 PM
Hmm, good question. I'd figure, throw stuff we're going to sell in the boat to divide up later, once we can properly appraise it/convert it to gold, give anything that looks useful to whoever's best equipped to use it?

Thunkar might be able to use that axe; I'm not sure if he'd want it, since I believe it's smaller than his. But from a purely tactical standpoint, the additional accuracy for not using Monkey Grip could be worth having it as a backup weapon, given the generally lower hit point totals at this level...and it has gems on it, which suggests a non-negligible chance that it's masterwork or magical.

The Squirrel
2012-12-22, 03:27 PM
Tactically, I agree, the smaller axe might be a good option - especially if it's masterwork. In character though - it'd be a tough sell to get him to use a smaller weapon than the one he already has. It'd probably have to be flaming or something.

Party gold is fine by me, though I wouldn't object to other means of division.

Quellian-dyrae
2012-12-22, 03:38 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured. Does "shiny" compare favorably to "big" for Thunkar? :smallbiggrin:

The Squirrel
2012-12-22, 03:44 PM
It's probably a factor, but size takes precedence, unless shiny means so shiny it glows.

Newcomer
2012-12-22, 08:31 PM
Wow, a lot's happened!! It's been a very full and busy day for me, but I'll work up a post shortly. I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other for dividing loot, just so long as we decide on something.

Phyzor
2012-12-23, 03:18 AM
I've been busy as well tha last few days. And to be honest when it hits christmas ill be busy as well till the 31st.Consider this a small head-up about my post-rate decreasing the coming days.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-23, 09:49 AM
I've been busy as well tha last few days. And to be honest when it hits christmas ill be busy as well till the 31st.Consider this a small head-up about my post-rate decreasing the coming days.

I hope you won't mind, but we will just assume that you agree with the majority, with decisions for that time period.

Centaur Hero
2012-12-23, 10:04 AM
@Aleidra, Thunkar, and Skip. I'm giving you each a fate point for you're excellent roleplaying. If you are wondering what that is, you may redeem said fate point for a reroll at any time you would like.

@Everyone else. Don't think that any of you are doing bad roleplaying. Because I think everyone is doing good. But these three I feel particularly bring their characters to life for me. There will be more to come for good roleplaying so everyone keep it up!

Phyzor
2012-12-24, 08:03 AM
I hope you won't mind, but we will just assume that you agree with the majority, with decisions for that time period.


Thats no problem

The Squirrel
2012-12-28, 03:06 AM
Once on the road for a bit, Thunkar will probably stash the axe somewhere in the carriage; if we leave the carriage, he'll probably carry it with the boat, etc, until we sell it.

The Squirrel
2012-12-30, 01:50 AM
And maybe then I can coax tact out of him. ... Or at least a silent, thoughtful expression.

LOL!
'Just sit there and look pretty'?

Newcomer
2012-12-30, 07:26 PM
LOL!
'Just sit there and look pretty'?

During certain moments of diplomacy, maybe. :smallwink:
All in good fun; Thunkar's hilarious! He just might be Aleidra's next project...

Cleavon
2012-12-30, 08:40 PM
I know Davos has been a bit quiet, but I felt like my last post pretty well wrapped up what he was going to do for the rest of the journey. Basically making sure to keep an entirely watchful eye on one side of the road.

Lest we need to spear some more goblins.

The Squirrel
2012-12-31, 10:33 AM
All in good fun
Oh, absolutely! As a player, I very much realize Thunkar's shortcomings (though he himself may be blissfully unaware...)



Thunkar's hilarious! He just might be Aleidra's next project...

What exactly does being a 'next project' entail?

Newcomer
2012-12-31, 12:48 PM
What exactly does being a 'next project' entail?

I'm not exactly sure! But she perceives that he can use someone to explain things to him, and also that his misunderstandings could get them into trouble. And she sees that as a bit of a puzzle to solve.

If you, as the player, don't like the idea of her trying to solve him, I can let her become bewildered and give up. I, the player, don't expect her to accomplish too much, at any rate, except develop friendship.

The Squirrel
2012-12-31, 01:12 PM
That sounds great!
As a player, I love the idea of someone trying to solve him, though ooc, I'm not sure you'll get too far, as I sometimes have trouble figuring him out myself :smallwink:

Phyzor
2013-01-03, 04:28 PM
Hope the holidays didnt distract our DM :)

Cleavon
2013-01-03, 05:30 PM
Well he has a pregnant wife and a job. He's also a ginger, so there's that too.

Cleavon
2013-01-04, 12:47 AM
*UPDATE*

I spoke to our DMs prego wife. They appear to have had some computer issues. They have some sort of ancient toaster on which he is going to try and post sometime soon.

Phyzor
2013-01-04, 02:11 AM
preggy wifes, ooh ooh. He'd better watch out :smallwink:

Cleavon
2013-01-05, 12:19 AM
Well it seems the DM is unable to post at this time.

He says that repairs on his computer should be completed in about a week.

I'll update again if I learn anything new!

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-05, 12:23 AM
Cool. Thanks for keeping us all posted, Cleavon!

Newcomer
2013-01-05, 12:26 AM
Well it seems the DM is unable to post at this time.

He says that repairs on his computer should be completed in about a week.

I'll update again if I learn anything new!

Thanks for the updates. Good to know it's only a technical issue, and not game abandonment (I previously had a DM disappear for good 1 round into our first encounter :smalleek:). I like this game!

The Squirrel
2013-01-05, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the updates. Good to know it's only a technical issue, and not game abandonment. I like this game!

*casts Fork on Newcomer's sentiments*

Phyzor
2013-01-05, 03:23 AM
I'm still here (:

Centaur Hero
2013-01-06, 02:17 PM
Good news everyone.... I'm back... I defragged an old computer so now I have a replacement until I get mine back!

Centaur Hero
2013-01-06, 02:19 PM
*UPDATE*

I spoke to our DMs prego wife. They appear to have had some computer issues. They have some sort of ancient toaster on which he is going to try and post sometime soon.

She might not be pretty, but she made the kessal run in less than twelve parsecs.

The Squirrel
2013-01-06, 03:06 PM
...she made the kessal run in less than twelve parsecs.

*is impressed!*
Was that before or after she got pregnant?

Centaur Hero
2013-01-07, 11:50 PM
*is impressed!*
Was that before or after she got pregnant?

hahahahaha

The Squirrel
2013-01-08, 12:30 AM
Does anyone wish to stop here?

Thunkar really would like to get a larger tent - the group is just big enough that a large tent (30gp?) might cut it assuming someone's on watch, but it wouldn't be that hard for a shopkeeper to talk Thunkar into a pavilion (100gp?) if one is even available. While perusing wares, Thunkar would like to make a rushed gather info (-4?) asking about the mansion (though not expecting too much, since it's rushed, old subject, and two days away).
I also wouldn't mind if the party wanted to try and sell the looted axe while Thunkar is making his inquiries.
Dealing with it either in or out of character is fine by me.

Cleavon
2013-01-08, 04:06 AM
Davos doesn't have any need to stop in Wheloon, but isn't objectionable to having a drink and having people ask around about the mansion before we move on.

Amanil
2013-01-08, 04:30 AM
Do we recover health as per a good night's rest?

Either way, Skip's got no plans of straying far from the coach.

Phyzor
2013-01-08, 05:42 AM
Stopping just for stretching and a good drink :)

Centaur Hero
2013-01-08, 11:10 AM
Yes everyone has healed their level plus their constitution modifier.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-08, 11:20 AM
Thunkar really would like to get a larger tent - the group is just big enough that a large tent (30gp?) might cut it assuming someone's on watch, but it wouldn't be that hard for a shopkeeper to talk Thunkar into a pavilion (100gp?) if one is even available. While perusing wares, Thunkar would like to make a rushed gather info (-4?) asking about the mansion (though not expecting too much, since it's rushed, old subject, and two days away).
I also wouldn't mind if the party wanted to try and sell the looted axe while Thunkar is making his inquiries.
Dealing with it either in or out of character is fine by me.

Thunkar may buy whichever type of tent he would like at the general store. Also, your modifier is correct. Yes a pavilion is 100 gp.

The Squirrel
2013-01-08, 12:08 PM
I'm trying desperately here to suppress my inner munchkin and imagine what Thunkar would do (no you fool! ask about 5-charge wands of enlarge person!).
It does stand to reason that a bigger tent can keep out even more tree kitties than a smaller tent could... let's go with the pavilion.

For the rushed gather info: [roll0]

Otherwise I should be good to go.

Newcomer
2013-01-08, 02:30 PM
Sorry, I thought I'd posted IC already. Aleidra would like to ask around in Wheloon to see if there are any partial maps of the swamp available. Other than that, no need to stay long. Are we selling anything here?

Aleidra's Spells for the day
Level 0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic
Level 1: Cause Fear, Obscuring Mist; Longstrider (D)

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-08, 02:34 PM
Part of me is thinking to go ahead and get Tilden a lance and shield after all for the options, but I think I'll hold off...can't think of anything else he'd want to do in Wheloon, unless we're doing a basic sell-the-stuff-split-the-loot thing.

Amanil
2013-01-08, 02:53 PM
Just a bit of advanced notice: I'll be only checking in pretty much daily rather than several times per day for the next week or so. I doubt it'd be too much of an issue, but it might cause a little bit of out-of-sync stuff on occasion (e.g. my last IC post) if you get too far ahead.

Cleavon
2013-01-08, 04:05 PM
Oh just in case this ever comes up:

If anyone is ever below 50% HP after a battle Davos uses his Vigor aura to heal them to 50% before we use any spells on them.

Pretty sure the goblins didn't hurt anyone that bad though, but just wanted to make sure.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-11, 11:49 PM
Can I get a watch list?

Newcomer
2013-01-12, 12:21 AM
Aleidra can take last watch.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-12, 01:02 AM
Tilden can stay on middle.

Phyzor
2013-01-12, 07:54 AM
Ach will do the last watch with Aleidra.

NB: Everyone fine with Ach taking one of the two daggers as his share?

And did we sell the axe/gems in Wheloon?

The Squirrel
2013-01-12, 09:04 AM
I think it's
First: Davos, Thunkar
Middle: Skip, Tilden
Last: Aleidra, Ach


As far as loot splitting goes, I don't think we've sold anything but honestly I don't think we really have enough loot to really do a proper loot split yet; I figured it'd make more sense to divide spoils once we reach the end of an adventure and/or reach a town with downtime and/or get paid for the mission (though I suppose I wouldn't strenuously object if everyone wanted to split after every encounter).
All that said, I think it'd be a great idea (ic and occ) if Ach held on and utilized one (or even both) of the daggers until we can do a decent split.


Eidt: Regarding the IC post... apologies to anyone offended by cliches for toady's triple dose of thinking all dragons are evil, misinterpreting another character's belief system, and referencing a certain one-armed man dragonman dragon.

Newcomer
2013-01-12, 07:34 PM
When is the current conversation taking place? I thought it was on the first watch, but Tilden's joined in as well, so perhaps it's at the end of the first watch, or Tilden can't sleep?

In other news, I'm back from being out of town, so I should be able to post more frequently once again.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-12, 08:31 PM
Wow, yep, I totally missed the "on watch" bit. Tilden can't sleep because his player can't read, apparently.

Newcomer
2013-01-12, 08:57 PM
Wow, yep, I totally missed the "on watch" bit. Tilden can't sleep because his player can't read, apparently.

I wondered. :smallamused:

I just wanted to make sure Aleidra didn't hear that, before I let it pass without notice.

The Squirrel
2013-01-12, 10:36 PM
:smallsmile:
I figured on watch would be a good time to ask since Thunkar didn't want to ask in front of everyone in case Davos was embarrassed. ooc, I figured getting Davos to talk about dragons would be a good excuse to pick up a rank in arcana. I am enjoying Tilden' s take on this though and do look forward to a conversation with Aleidra.

Amanil
2013-01-13, 05:40 AM
Sorry, not really got time for an IC post with the level of detail I'd like. Skip is happy with middle watch.

Phyzor
2013-01-15, 04:49 PM
waiting for the DM to post.

Newcomer
2013-01-15, 11:39 PM
Shambling into the camp, or approaching the camp? How close are they to a) us, and b) our sleeping companions?

Also, I don't think anyone specified, so were you assuming we had a fire, or are we just in star/moonlight? I at least didn't think that through before.

The Squirrel
2013-01-16, 12:51 AM
There was a fire (or at this points maybe the remains of one) in the pavilion tent; I'm not sure about outside though.

Phyzor
2013-01-16, 02:10 AM
i believe there was only a fire in the tent.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-16, 08:28 AM
Well I figured you would have one to cook your food outside so you wouldnt wake anyone up. But sure. if you guys want it dark, it can be dark. The closest one is about 40 ft away, and your companions tent is behind you, the wagon flanks to you left.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-16, 05:45 PM
initiative.......

Cleavon
2013-01-16, 05:57 PM
I'll put up an initiative roll when my guy becomes you know...awake.

The Squirrel
2013-01-16, 06:34 PM
I on the other hand will roll initiative since Thunkar can take actions* when he's asleep!
Init [roll0]




* actions limited to snoring, turning over, and (depending on the dream) babbling incoherently about being attacked by giant ducks.

Newcomer
2013-01-16, 09:59 PM
Woot! Rolled a 20!

Aleidra has an everburning torch sheathed on her belt. I figured waking everyone was a higher priority, but she can pull that out next round, and either hold it or toss it on the ground.

DM, any chance of a map?

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-16, 10:49 PM
Rolling init since Aleidra's waking everyone.

[roll0]

EDIT: Yep, that's about right, since Tilden stayed up late then had to get up for middle watch...:smallbiggrin::smallsigh:

Cleavon
2013-01-16, 11:12 PM
Ok so with a Wake up call I'll roll here:

[roll0]

Phyzor
2013-01-17, 04:24 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Amanil
2013-01-17, 10:05 AM
Not sure if I need it this round, given that Skip's asleep, but I've rolled below.

1d20+4

Amanil
2013-01-17, 10:06 AM
Urgh... blasted dice roller not liking it when I do a typo fix. Try this for size.

[roll0]

Cleavon
2013-01-17, 05:54 PM
Yeah it's sort of the rollers honor system. It won't let you edit the post at all. Can't preview it either.

Newcomer
2013-01-17, 06:42 PM
You can edit posts with a roll in it, you just can't change the roll, or add a roll. And yeah, previewing a roll spoils it, but you can replace the previewed roll with a fresh roll code and it will work, if you absolutely have to preview the post before submitting.

Amanil
2013-01-18, 08:15 PM
I don't quite understand the point of it, especially as (if you did want to cheat) couldn't you just format it manually?

"Super roll of awesomeness" - (1d20)[21]

Cleavon
2013-01-18, 08:36 PM
I have a map made for the encounter, I sent it to the DM in a private message so he can show me where to put the bad guys and such. Once that is done and he approves the map I'll post it up.

Newcomer
2013-01-18, 10:00 PM
I don't quite understand the point of it, especially as (if you did want to cheat) couldn't you just format it manually?

"Super roll of awesomeness" - (1d20)[21]

Yes you can, but if anyone quotes you, they'll see the difference (it should say [roll0] in the quote for a real roll). There's no way to cover your tracks. And that's in very poor taste, of course.

Amanil
2013-01-18, 11:42 PM
Yes you can, but if anyone quotes you, they'll see the difference (it should say [roll0] in the quote for a real roll). There's no way to cover your tracks. And that's in very poor taste, of course.
Fair point! I'm sure there are good reasons for the way it works; it's been in place for a while, after all. And, naturally, I wouldn't dare attempt such poor etiquette, it's just annoying when I make a typo in the actual roll syntax that there's no way of fixing it. :smalltongue:

Newcomer
2013-01-19, 12:25 AM
Fair point! I'm sure there are good reasons for the way it works; it's been in place for a while, after all. And, naturally, I wouldn't dare attempt such poor etiquette, it's just annoying when I make a typo in the actual roll syntax that there's no way of fixing it. :smalltongue:

I certainly didn't intend to imply that you would do so. :smallsmile:

What I will often do is copy the entire post, hit preview, make sure it looks right, paste over the current text (replace [roll0] with a fresh roll code), and then I can either submit or fix the mistake that previewing caught. A little more cumbersome, but at least it lets you preview. If the roll doesn't come up in the preview as [roll0] (or [roll1], etc.), then you know something's off with the code.

Cleavon
2013-01-19, 01:04 AM
THE MAP
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/BrujahKirk/Jimmysgame0_zpsfc35f26e.png

Ok. So the Mario blocks are the shamblers, hidden as we know not yet what they are.

Ach and Aleidra are shown as their forum avatars, you can all post whatever you want here in the OOC thread and I'll make them into tiles for this map and future maps.

Everyone else is inside the pavilion tent.

If this looks good to everyone I'll post it up in the IC thread for reference.

Phyzor
2013-01-19, 10:05 AM
Nice map, im fine with it

Centaur Hero
2013-01-19, 10:28 AM
Can I get an Initiative list, while I finish prepping? Mario blocks go on 19

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-19, 01:44 PM
Aleidra: 20
Davos: 20
Ach: 19
Harmless Shambling Treasure Chests I'm Completely Sure Of It: 19
Skip: 15
Thunkar: 5
Tilden: 4

Newcomer
2013-01-19, 02:23 PM
I'm happy with the map. I'll see if I can come up with a more character-appropriate icon at some point...

Amanil
2013-01-19, 02:35 PM
I'm happy with the map. I'll see if I can come up with a more character-appropriate icon at some point...
Ditto to that.

Newcomer
2013-01-19, 03:08 PM
See how this (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070616051759/forgottenrealms/images/1/19/Istishia_symbol.jpg) looks in there. It's the holy symbol of Istishia.

Cleavon
2013-01-19, 07:38 PM
Ok so this is the map as of the top of initiative before anyone has moved. I'll update it once the DM has the monsters move.

Newcomer
2013-01-19, 09:02 PM
Does Aleidra get another action now, or was that her turn when she woke everyone?

I was intending that as part of Ach and Aleidra's reaction to seeing the shambling figures, since it seemed like you seemed to be giving us time to act before calling for initiative. Since she rolled 20, that should mean she goes again, right? I'm not wishing to bend the rules, so just let me know whether I act again.

Cleavon
2013-01-19, 09:07 PM
I was wondering that too. I still figure that the sleepers have to take their first turn to awaken. Heh. Dune reference.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-19, 10:21 PM
Does Aleidra get another action now, or was that her turn when she woke everyone?

I was intending that as part of Ach and Aleidra's reaction to seeing the shambling figures, since it seemed like you seemed to be giving us time to act before calling for initiative. Since she rolled 20, that should mean she goes again, right? I'm not wishing to bend the rules, so just let me know whether I act again.

We begin at the top of the order, yes that was a free action to sound the alarm.

Newcomer
2013-01-19, 11:57 PM
Thank you for the map, Cleavon, it's very helpful. The extra work is appreciated. :smallsmile:

Phyzor
2013-01-20, 06:32 AM
Want us to post in order of initiative?

Cleavon
2013-01-20, 06:33 AM
My post would technically go after Aleidra, but since All I did was get up from sleep it should be fine.

Phyzor
2013-01-20, 06:51 AM
I'll wait with my post giving Aleidra a chance to speak before Ach acts.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-20, 08:34 AM
Yes I would appreciate you all going in order.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-20, 08:45 AM
Aleidra Only!
You belive they are zombies.

Newcomer
2013-01-20, 01:39 PM
I'll wait with my post giving Aleidra a chance to speak before Ach acts.

I've edited my post now so that Aleidra is speaking.

DM Only
Do I know anything about zombies, beyond the basic concept of what a zombie is? Also, are they human corpses, or can I not tell?

Centaur Hero
2013-01-20, 11:19 PM
I've edited my post now so that Aleidra is speaking.

DM Only
Do I know anything about zombies, beyond the basic concept of what a zombie is? Also, are they human corpses, or can I not tell?
@Aleidra.
You are quite familiar with them, and yes they are human.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-21, 04:41 PM
My good buddy cleavon will update the map for me soon.

Newcomer
2013-01-21, 08:55 PM
Cleavon, Aleidra had moved to column l (that's an L) with her 5-foot step, if you get the chance to add that. That's so there's more room for people coming out of the tent.

Cleavon
2013-01-21, 10:55 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot to move your tile.

Sorry about that!

I'll either fix it later tonight or we can just remember you are five feet forward since I won't be moving anyone else until its my turn anyway.

Newcomer
2013-01-22, 12:02 AM
Oh yeah. Forgot to move your tile.

Sorry about that!

I'll either fix it later tonight or we can just remember you are five feet forward since I won't be moving anyone else until its my turn anyway.

Not a big deal; I just wanted to clarify before anyone made their decisions based on the new map. :smallsmile:

Centaur Hero
2013-01-23, 09:09 AM
Waiting on Thunkar. Then Tilden.

The Squirrel
2013-01-23, 12:51 PM
Shoot! Sorry!

Centaur Hero
2013-01-23, 04:35 PM
Top O' the order!

Cleavon
2013-01-23, 07:49 PM
I'll need to know the result of that turning check, as it will possibly change which targets are within my movement range.

So DM, let me know!

Centaur Hero
2013-01-23, 11:11 PM
Ach!!!! Attack of opportunity, cleave if you have it, then go with your turn.

Good work Aleidra, nice turn!

Amanil
2013-01-24, 05:33 AM
Oh, sorry, I just realised that I completely misread your post. I blame this silly small screen. I was mostly confused by how the turning was treated; I didn't think they get to move away straight away but only on their initiative?

Anyway, as I don't think jabbing at the zombie two blocks down-and-left from Skip would have any affect on Ach, and as he's got Combat Reflexes even if others close he'd still have a chance to have a go at the one that Aleidra turned, right?

Cleavon
2013-01-24, 06:20 AM
You make an excellent point. I forgot all about that part. So I suppose then, that the zombies act as if turned but don't actually run until the DMs turn.

Sorry about that once again.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-24, 09:31 AM
Skip, just looking at the map, and I don't think you get an AoO on any of them since your not like, based to anyone. If the map is off at all, just let me know.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-24, 09:33 AM
And Cleavon, they all went right after ach anyways, so it didn't effect much.

Phyzor
2013-01-24, 09:37 AM
Im confused as well right now.

DM called an AoO so I did that one, but did the zompo's already move (being the reason for the AoO)?

In that case my move+hit are irrelevant and i need to redefine my actions... What you say DM???


Edit: ok, so they moved after my turn. So no need to redefine...

The Squirrel
2013-01-24, 01:57 PM
So the zombies are in the tent right now? I'll go ahead and take my action, but if the zombies aren't in the tent, I'll just move outside in front of Aleidra and ready to attack anyone that comes in range (keeping the same roll?).

Amanil
2013-01-24, 02:06 PM
Skip, just looking at the map, and I don't think you get an AoO on any of them since your not like, based to anyone. If the map is off at all, just let me know.

Longspear. :smallwink:

EDIT: to clarify, creature 9 was within Skip's reach before it moved off, regardless of when it moved (i.e. during Aleidra's turn or on their turn - on their turn makes far more sense to me).

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-24, 03:06 PM
Likewise, going to post with the assumption that three zombies are currently in the tend.

Newcomer
2013-01-24, 04:03 PM
Centaur Hero, even without a map update, can we just get a list of which squares the zombies are in? I'm also confused at the moment.

Cleavon
2013-01-24, 07:15 PM
Yeah I'll talk to the DM before updating the map here. I thought Thunkar was indeed still inside the tent, so I'll get more clear positions from him before updating.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-24, 10:38 PM
Yea that was me being a jackass. They are attacking Ach. So if everyone could edit their posts after my dumb mistake. Sorry thunkar, you are fine... I didnt mean to scare you.


@Skip, I forgot that you had a reach weapon.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-24, 10:48 PM
So, figuring Tilden began in P7, I'll adjust post to put him in I5 or I7, which I imagine should let me threaten one of the zombies now mobbing Ach, and basically rest of post stands only the attacks are at -2 since I won't be flanking. Sound right?

Cleavon
2013-01-24, 10:51 PM
Ok I'll be updating the map based on Current position before Thunkar and Tildens turns.

Since it's all Centaur Heros fault that your turns got messed up I'm sure that he can allow you to use your rolls if needed.

So in a moment the map will be posted with the zombies correct positions, and Thunkar and Tilden will still be in the tent with actions to take.

Pretty sure all of that will be correct. Right?

Ahah. Edited so that Tilden will be moved correctly, since I just saw that he put up an edited action.

So this map WILL have Tildens move just not Thunkars.

Also Tilden: I put you in J5, Sicne Zombies occupy the spots you requested. You'll still be able to do what you wanted, Assisting Ach.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-24, 11:02 PM
So, figuring Tilden began in P7, I'll adjust post to put him in I5 or I7, which I imagine should let me threaten one of the zombies now mobbing Ach, and basically rest of post stands only the attacks are at -2 since I won't be flanking. Sound right?

Sounds good

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-24, 11:07 PM
Ok I'll be updating the map based on Current position before Thunkar and Tildens turns.

Since it's all Centaur Heros fault that your turns got messed up I'm sure that he can allow you to use your rolls if needed.

So in a moment the map will be posted with the zombies correct positions, and Thunkar and Tilden will still be in the tent with actions to take.

Pretty sure all of that will be correct. Right?

Ahah. Edited so that Tilden will be moved correctly, since I just saw that he put up an edited action.

So this map WILL have Tildens move just not Thunkars.

Also Tilden: I put you in J5, Sicne Zombies occupy the spots you requested. You'll still be able to do what you wanted, Assisting Ach.

Cool, thanks!

Amanil
2013-01-25, 02:34 AM
Erm... I feel like I've been missed out. No worries, I'll just post when I can and be slotted in as necessary. I'll get it up over lunch (UK time) some time.

@DM: Note that Skip has a Strength modifier if I remember rightly so the damage to the zombie he got an AoO on may have taken an extra point of damage, but as I'm already late for work I'll have to look it up later.

Cleavon
2013-01-25, 05:36 AM
Erm... I feel like I've been missed out. No worries, I'll just post when I can and be slotted in as necessary. I'll get it up over lunch (UK time) some time.

@DM: Note that Skip has a Strength modifier if I remember rightly so the damage to the zombie he got an AoO on may have taken an extra point of damage, but as I'm already late for work I'll have to look it up later.

Ah I see. You took your AoO but haven't made your action for the round. Yeah you should post when you get the chance, your actions will go before Thunkar and Tilden of course.

It'll all be sorted out nicely, you still have your full action for the round and the zombies are all in the right places for when you take your action since you go after the DM.

The Squirrel
2013-01-25, 10:14 AM
Yea that was me being a jackass mistaking one incredibly cool barbarian for another.
I've edited my actions. Let me know if you want me to reroll - I'll just delete the post and resubmit the entire thing.


Erm... I feel like I've been missed out.
I think I'll claim credit for that one. After feeling a fool for not realizing it was my turn last round and holding everything up I was determined not to let the same mistake happen and in my enthusiasm I mistook your AoO for your action.
...sorry!

Newcomer
2013-01-25, 11:48 AM
I think I'll claim credit for that one. After feeling a fool for not realizing it was my turn last round and holding everything up I was determined not to let the same mistake happen and in my enthusiasm I mistook your AoO for your action.
...sorry!

Hey, there's a great deal of enthusiasm around here! I'm going to take that as a positive. Everyone's willing to fix the occasional mistake, so the enthusiasm is good! :smallsmile:

Aleidra's going to have to take a round of healing. :smallfrown:

Amanil
2013-01-25, 11:56 AM
Skip couldn't say he knew much about zombies... other than the obvious, that is. Honestly, the sheer number of them was initially terrifying to him, particularly as they closed on the camp, but Aleidra's reassuring words (nevermind that he had no idea what they meant) gave him the courage to stand firm. Combined with the barbarian happily slicing away amongst them, Skip almost didn't have the piece-of-mind to take a jab at the one closest to Aleidra as it seemed to visibly cower.

AoO:
(Working rushed on a mobile, so can't be bothered to check the modifiers, sorry!)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Not sure if it applies this time as well?

Not sure how well inter-thread quotes work, but worth a try... (this is my AoO post from the IC thread). Based on the latest status update from the DM, it seems as if Skip did no damage to Creature 9 during his AoO? Alternatively, you may have confused Creatures 6 and 9? Updated rolls for this (now I can see Skip's modifiers) are:

His attack: 1d20+2: 19
His damage roll: 1d6+1: 7

Do we not get that whole 1d6 fire damage now? I've never played with a Dragon Shaman before, so not really sure how their auras work.

As a player I know what the whole "piercing not really doing much" is about, which does tend to lead me to believe that you meant Creature 9 rather than Creature 6 in your latest status update (but with 2 damage instead of 1). I may be wrong, of course.

Additionally, given the weird ordering, I'm pretty sure that Tilden and Skip flank Creature 1 if that affects Tilden's actions/results (i.e. given the position that Skip moved to, as Tilden moved to where he's currently shown on the map his rolls might be +2 to hit... though I'm all in favour of denying him it for all of the mucking around and for the sake of getting on with the next round in the proper order this time. :smalltongue:

Amanil
2013-01-25, 11:58 AM
...

Aleidra's going to have to take a round of healing. :smallfrown:

You can't say that the 2' 10" guy holding wielding nothing but a pointy stick and insults getting up in the spellcasters face isn't doing his best to keep Aleidra standing. :smallbiggrin:

Newcomer
2013-01-25, 12:15 PM
You can't say that the 2' 10" guy holding wielding nothing but a pointy stick and insults getting up in the spellcasters face isn't doing his best to keep Aleidra standing. :smallbiggrin:

:smallbiggrin: I appreciate it! And he's blocking line of effect, too. Still, Aleidra was at 1 HP..

Newcomer
2013-01-25, 12:17 PM
Do we not get that whole 1d6 fire damage now? I've never played with a Dragon Shaman before, so not really sure how their auras work.

I believe the aura deals fire damage to any enemy that successfully hits us, not the other way around. It doesn't add to our attacks. Though I could be mistaken.

EDIT: sorry for double-posting.. do we care about double-posting in the OOC thread?

The Squirrel
2013-01-25, 12:49 PM
EDIT: sorry for double-posting.. do we care about double-posting in the OOC thread?

Must resist... urge... to make glib comment...

The Squirrel
2013-01-25, 12:54 PM
(and resistance check FAILED!)

I don't think anyone would mind too much, so long as it's not done repeatedly. But if blatantly double posting in a short period of time, I suppose someone might take the opportunity to make a glib comment at your expense.:smalltongue:

Phyzor
2013-01-25, 12:58 PM
i believe either zompo #7 or #4 is dead, but in the map i see them both fleeing.

Newcomer
2013-01-25, 01:10 PM
(and resistance check FAILED!)

I don't think anyone would mind too much, so long as it's not done repeatedly. But if blatantly double posting in a short period of time, I suppose someone might take the opportunity to make a glib comment at your expense.:smalltongue:

At least you were courteous enough to avoid double-posting completely needlessly. You mean like that? I think I'm getting the hang of this...

Also, I like the avatar! :smallsmile:

The Squirrel
2013-01-25, 02:04 PM
At least you were courteous enough to avoid double-posting completely needlessly.

Yes... courteous... *eyes dart about*
Though to be honest, I didn't notice your hidden message at first. Nicely done!


Also, I like the avatar! :smallsmile:

Thanks! I figured with the map I should acquire one. :smallsmile:

Cleavon
2013-01-25, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah. My Auras are:

Energy Shield: Deals 2 Fire damage to attackers that hit us with Melee attacks.

Power: Adds 2 damage to all Melee attacks we make.

Vigor: Bestows Fast Healing 1 to anyone under 50% HP.

All Auras work on everyone within 30 feet with line of effect to Davos.

Currently have Energy Shield up.


*EDIT*

Also, I'll update the map after Ach goes, then the DM can go and I'll update the map after that as well. That should reduce confusion.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-25, 11:40 PM
Yes, the zombie that Ach hit initially is dead. Yes Tilden, I forgot to put that in the status, the zombie you hit took 2 damage, but i figured he was running anyway so I skipped it.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-25, 11:53 PM
So Ach goes then me.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-26, 10:00 AM
Go after team Zombie!

Phyzor
2013-01-26, 04:26 PM
Centaur, i believe Ach made a crit.
unsure if its damage x2 or i need to make another attack roll.

Cleavon
2013-01-26, 04:45 PM
Centaur, i believe Ach made a crit.
unsure if its damage x2 or i need to make another attack roll.

Undead are not subject to critical hit damage in 3.5 DND.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-26, 11:59 PM
Centaur, i believe Ach made a crit.
unsure if its damage x2 or i need to make another attack roll.
I believe undead have an undesernable anatamy making them immune to such things.... But yes in the future, just double it.

Phyzor
2013-01-27, 02:09 AM
ok, as you notice im still learning :)

thanks

Centaur Hero
2013-01-27, 09:51 AM
ok, as you notice im still learning :)

thanks

Think nothing of it, I'm a happy sarcastic teacher. You are doing fine. In fact, I am a little disappointed that Ach is still up. I thought I would at least get to drop someone. Oh well. That just means I picked one hell of an adventuring party. Also If I ever seem like a douche, its because I am, just point out that I can't tell one Barbarian from another and I won't pick on you for awhile ;)
.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-27, 09:56 AM
On to Thunkar and Tilden. This time when we "Skip" Aminal, we are correct in doing so.

Cleavon
2013-01-27, 10:13 AM
Heh heh. Indiscernible anatomy.

L2SPEEL noob.

Amanil
2013-01-27, 02:29 PM
On to Thunkar and Tilden. This time when we "Skip" Aminal, we are correct in doing so.
Oh, is that why people have been having difficulty? :smalltongue:

Also, I took the liberty of posting something. I think it's well within the bounds of what "dazed" allows, but if you'd rather Skip took literally no actions, I can edit.

The Squirrel
2013-01-27, 03:05 PM
...just point out that I can't tell one Barbarian from another and I won't pick on you for awhile ;)


:smalleek:

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-27, 03:20 PM
And because I typoed on Mounted Combat:

Ride: [roll0]

...Boy it's a good thing that feat's a prerequisite for something useful or I'd be really questioning its value after this battle. :smallbiggrin:

Newcomer
2013-01-27, 04:03 PM
Okay, everyone, quick poll!!

Should our friendly water priestess Turn Undead again, attempt Cause Fear on the spellcaster, or Healbot?

Or, you know, join in the fighting...

Phyzor
2013-01-27, 04:05 PM
your choice

Newcomer
2013-01-27, 04:14 PM
Which zombies are still alive? I think I'll wait until I know if any more died this round before making my move.

The Squirrel
2013-01-27, 04:40 PM
Which zombies are still alive?

Ummmm... none of them are alive? If indeed they are zombies...


As for what you should do - I'll take the easy answer and say do what your character would do. Is she more agressive, protective, likes opportunities to channel divine energies, or just really wants to hit something in the face?

Centaur Hero
2013-01-27, 11:15 PM
Oh, is that why people have been having difficulty? :smalltongue:

Also, I took the liberty of posting something. I think it's well within the bounds of what "dazed" allows, but if you'd rather Skip took literally no actions, I can edit.

What you did is just fine.

Centaur Hero
2013-01-27, 11:29 PM
Go top of the order, kill my last poor zombie.... Tilden! Take a fate point for not letting my main man escape! It was an important thing! You should be proud!

Newcomer
2013-01-28, 12:38 AM
Awesome! Well, if I'm reading the map right, I can't really attack the remaining zombie this round (with a 20 ft. move speed and all), so I guess I'll do something about all that blood. If I'm off with my reading of where everyone is, I can adjust my route.

EDIT: Just remembered we should use Davos's healing aura before cure spells, if there's time. And with one zombie left, there's probably time. So, in a fit of taking the overcomplicated solution, I'm going to instead turn undead. If this is successful, Davos and Ach should both be able to attack the zombie on their turns, and then they'll get an attack of opportunity when the zombie flees. If the turn fails, I suggest that Ach back off this round, but he's a barbarian, so maybe he keeps rushing into danger.

Sorry if this is getting too meta. I'm still a bit of a newbie, and I haven't had to make these kinds of decisions before. I'm too afraid of making beginner's mistakes, but I think I need to just make a quick, instinctual choice next time.

Cleavon
2013-01-28, 12:53 AM
I totally posted something in the IC thread that I didn't mean to

I can post in the IC thread now though I bet.

Quellian-dyrae
2013-01-28, 01:20 AM
Yeay fate point!