PDA

View Full Version : Playground we need you to resolve

dantiesilva
2012-12-09, 01:58 PM
Yes it is us again I know. This is in the same fight mind you, not even a full round later.

Dantie 31

Loretta 28

Rosalind 25

Sheriff Cornstopple 23

Cesar IV

Timothy 19

Xander, Captins of group 4 18 (+5 to sheriff)

Tarith 17, Magda

Group 3,Edgar, Cesar I 16

Captians group 5, (+5 to cesar brother 4)

Charlotte, group 5, Cesar II 12

Cesar III 9

Groups 2-3 capitans, 8

This is the initiative order. Charlotte and her sister Loretta have just killed Tarith spellbane. As you can see in the initiative order I am the first to go in a round. Loretta held of her turn until Charlotte dropping Tarith to 4hp. Then Her sister cast a spell known as phanstmal killer to finish of Tarith spellbane. It would then go Cesar III, Groups 2-3 capitans before my turn.

During the last 3 rounds of combat I have had Lesser holy transformation granting me a fly speed of 60ft. The party mage casted haste making my fly speed 90ft a turn. I ended my turn at Group 5 closet to the two sisters who are in the air at 100ft. I have been off the ground 30ft. in the air to stay out of reach of captains but still withing turning distance. So my question is saying Tarith spellbane with the spells fly and haste that made it to them in one turn from the opposite side of the map would I be able to with the same fly speed and being closer. If so saying it would clearly be my turn would on my turn attacking them with my morningstar, (I have the feat sun devotion) which would shed of real sunlight destroy both vampires saying they are within 10ft of each other?

The DM is Alanbruce

dantiesilva
2012-12-09, 02:04 PM
Also here is the thread actions are taking place on page 28

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261700&page=28

Archmage1
2012-12-09, 02:05 PM
Well, in response to your post, Dantie, as I stated in the thread
Lesser holy Transformation gives you a good maneuverability.
This lets you go up at half speed.
So you end up at 75 feet, which is not in range.
Fly has a speed of 60 perfect, and Tarith was hasted, so 90, letting him get there, and he spent 2 rounds doing it.
Sun devotion: light is true sunlight and affects creatures within a 10-foot radius as such

Exposing any vampire to direct sunlight disorients it: It can take only a single move action or attack action and is destroyed utterly in the next round if it cannot escape

But you are 25 feet away. So, no effect. You can try it next round, though.

dantiesilva
2012-12-09, 02:08 PM
{Scrubbed}

Archmage1
2012-12-09, 02:09 PM
Dantie, 30+45=75, which is not 105.

HunterOfJello
2012-12-09, 02:14 PM
You could move twice vertically for a total of 90ft from your current spot by using your two move actions (90/2+90/2). However, you can only charge while flying vertically if you have perfect maneuverability. (Rules of the Game: All About Movement (Part Five), Charge entry (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040706a)).

Does the morningstar emit the light all the time or only when you attack?

Archmage1
2012-12-09, 02:18 PM
He is using sun devotion, so the light is at all times. He is also trying to attacke, so no double move.

As far as I can tell, there is no way for him to make the height needed.

@Alan: if you are reading this: the turn was last round.

Roland St. Jude
2012-12-09, 02:25 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Resolve this yourselves in your own thread or pare down the details to the very specific question you have (without naming names). Otherwise, this is External Baggage and also being conducting in a flaming manner.