PDA

View Full Version : GitP PrC Contest XXXVI: Voting Thread!

ErrantX
2012-12-09, 02:01 PM
A few days late but better than (n)ever, the voting thread for GitP PrC Contest XXXVI: Traditionally Speaking (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260445) is here!

This time we slug it out to see who's the most orderly of the bunch and force the rest in the category of being slightly disorderly. So who's got the juice to do it! Vote and find out!

Everyone will cast three votes, one for their 1st pick, 2nd pick, and 3rd pick. 1st pick is worth 3 points, 2nd pick is worth 2 points, and 3rd pick is worth 1 point. Please bold your selection and if you don't mind, say why you liked the class and why you voted for it. voting will go until December 19th.

And the Ordernaughts are...
{table=head]Prestige Class|Author|1st|2nd|3rd|Total
Clockwork Cenobite|sirpercival||3|1|7
Enforcer of the Continuum|Keynub|1|||3
The Ironwill|TheGeckoKing||||
Hand of the Dark Master|DMofDarkness||1|3|5
Breaking the Law|Autopsibiofeeder||||
Despoiler of Entropy|Krimm_Blackleaf|1|1||5
Geometrist|Hyooz|5|||15
Adrospring|Kazyan||1||2
Rose Magistrate|Eurus|||1|1
Marked One|Glimbur||2||4[/table]

EDIT:
And the victor is... Hyooz with his Geometrist! Congrats!

Errant's Pick goes to DMofDarkness with his Hand of the Dark Master!

Thanks everyone for a great contest!

-X

sirpercival
2012-12-09, 03:05 PM
Wow, fantastic entries!!

1st - Enforcer of the Continuum by Keynub. This class is just full of win. I don't know that this has a place in every campaign, but it fits in almost all of mine :D

2nd - The Paladin by Amechra. The flavor of this thing is just amazing, and the abilities are really really cool. :(

2nd - Hand of the Dark Master by DMofDarkness. This seems more like a villain PrC than a PC, but the amount of effort that went into the immersive flavor is awesome. I have to say that the "Becoming a Hand of the Dark Master" text makes absolutely no sense given the rest of the class...

3rd - Rose Magistrate by Eurus. Just a cool class that I could see myself playing.

Honorable Mention: Despoiler of Entropy (almost cracked 3rd on that picture alone).

Keynub
2012-12-09, 07:02 PM
What have we got here? Let's see.

Disclaimer : This post may contain opinions phrased like they are facts.

1st : Hyooz' Geometrist. OCD psions using teleportation powers to arrange the world in a more organized matter. This is the greatest concept I've seen in this contest, and the execution is flawless. Powerful while not overpowered, and a handful of unique abilities that all fit the theme. Bravo.

2nd : Kazyan's Adrospring. Dex-based, fast-moving, Lawful barbarians who manage to stay in control. This is an idea that is both simple and original. It has some great abilities, Adrenal Finesse being my favorite. And, last but not least, it is concise, which is pleasing after reading an entire page of uninterrupted text. From all the PrCs of the contest, I think this one is the most likely to be played by an actual player.

3rd : DMofDarkness' Hand of the Dark Master. Mortal servants of Unspeakable Evils. Have you read this flavor text? You have to read this flavor text. Mechanics-wise, it has a lot of firepower and is much more versatile than a warlock, and great defensive capabilities, so it's a success. (And, Blood Magic!)
Because of the automatic resurrection ability, it feels like a class designed for NPCs, and this is why I didn't give it second place (and why it nearly lost third place to the Rose Magistrate).
Oh, and nitpick : as it is written, you cannot summon a succubus with Master's Call, what with them being chaotic and all.

In addition, sirpercival's Summon Giant Cogwheel Out Of Nowhere ability should be mentioned for its sheer awesomeness, and the fact that I couldn't stop laughing for what seemed to be minutes after reading it.

The Rose Magistrate and the Despoiler of Entropy also caught my eye, and I hesitated strongly between them and the Hand of the Dark Master for third place.

Voilą voilą.

Glimbur
2012-12-09, 08:42 PM
First vote: Geometrist It's a combination of fun flavor text, useful abilities, a unified theme, and aligning with the theme of the contest.

Second vote: Clockwork Cenobite. It kind of strains my credulity to grow armor, but on the other hand clockwork armor. What happens if you don't have monk abilities with some class features, most notably Synchronicity?

Third vote: Hand of the Dark Master This class has a bunch of flavor, but I also think it would be hard to play in an actual game, hence why it is only third.

ErrantX
2012-12-11, 02:01 PM
Votes tallied, let's get some more votes!

-X

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-12-16, 01:39 PM
1. Geometrist: Because I love me some psions.

2. Clockwork Cenobite: While I'm normally not a fan of monks, I enjoy the overall flavor of this class.

3. Marked One:

FlyMolo
2012-12-16, 01:40 PM
1st: Geometrist: Clever, I like it.

2nd: Clockwork Cenobite: For Infinite Gyre and Synchronicity.

3rd: Marked One: Because shut up

Kazyan
2012-12-16, 03:46 PM
1. Despoiler of Entropy. It screams 'epic' from start to finish.

2. Geometrist. D&D 3.5 doesn't have the archetype that this is proposing, and the flavor is swell. The mechanics are a little awkward, but that's because they're unique.

3. Hand of the Dark Master. For doing Thrall of X better than Thrall of X, and responsible Hellfire to boot.

ErrantX
2012-12-17, 05:49 PM
Votes are tallied.

2 more days, let's see a larger influx please! I wanna see a bunch of votes before Wednesday's over.

-X

GuyFawkes
2012-12-18, 09:14 PM
Because I don't have the time and ability to assess the entries with regards to balance, I'm basing my votes on the concept and overall impact of the entries:

1. Geometrist
2. Despoiler of Entropy
3. Clockwork Cenobite

ErrantX
2012-12-20, 04:42 PM
Okay, not a lot of votes this time, but that's alright, because we got a runaway winner here with...

Hyooz and his Geometrist!

Lots of love for this class as it only got 1st place votes. Good job Hyooz, and great class.

Errant's Pick this month goes out to DMofDarkness for his flavor-packed and very awesome villainous class, the Hand of the Dark Master. I love the quotes and entries for each ability, the lore associated for the class that's built into every ability sold me on it. Good stuff here! Honorable mention for my pick would be for Keynub's Enforcerer of the Continuum.

Good work to everyone here! Thanks for another great contest!

-X