PDA

View Full Version : Varisian Multi-game: CotCT



Pages : [1] 2

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-10, 12:46 PM
Welcome to you, the brave and the bold, the homeless and the hungry, the hunters and hunted
welcome to Korvosa, dare you brave...The Curse of the Crimson Throne?

our story begins with The Edge of Anarchy

our players are
North_Ranger as Hardek Halfear
SecondRevan as Alyson Cait
Thattaman as Anthony Drex
Angstrom as Amanda "Kestrel" Lorian
Archpaladin Zousha as
PeglegJim as
Beowulf DW as

and me, Cleric Cromwell as your humble DM

ladies and gentlemen please post your Character sheets and choose your speech colors at your earliest availability

North_Ranger
2012-12-10, 03:22 PM
Here be Hardek Halfear (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=452115), ranger and trapper. I'm happy with him as he is, the only question mark is with his Favored Enemy. Many adventure paths at least hint what could be decent choices (such as humanoids in Skull and Shackles, or animals or fey in Kingmaker). Think you could give a little hint so as not to waste that? :smallwink:

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-10, 03:38 PM
while through out the campaign you will face a gamut of enemy types, from dragons to devils, and the insidious undead, know that the focal point of the campaign will be the city of Korvosa, and you will have many dealings with its local population, for good or ill

Angstrom
2012-12-10, 04:12 PM
I just need to finish grabbing items, but otherwise Kes (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=476040) is ready to go. She'll speak in DarkRed.

Wealth:[roll0]

Thattaman
2012-12-13, 07:16 AM
I've done a bit of Anthony but I'm still working on him.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-13, 01:17 PM
hurry hurry hurry

Thattaman
2012-12-15, 09:02 AM
Rolling wealth: [roll0] I'll take average for the extra 5gp

Thattaman
2012-12-15, 09:27 AM
Here he is:

Anthony Drex (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=451654)
LG Human Paladin, Level , Init +1, HP 16/16, Speed 20ft.
AC 18, Touch 11, Flat-footed 17, Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +0, Base Attack Bonus 1
Longsword +4 (1d8+3, 19-20/x2)
Scale Mail, Heavy Steel Shield (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition None

Appearance:
Anthony is quite tall and muscular from time working out in prison. He has short bright golden hair that he keeps trimmed and never lets go unkempt. He is clean shaven with no bristle on his face. His eyes are filled with holy and righteous fire that stands out. He wears scale mail that has been passed down through the family, it is tinted gold and allegedly is the scales of a gold dragon. His longsword is thin and sharp with a handle in the shape of Iomedae's sword. His shield has the symbol of Iomedae on it.

Personality:
Anthony is determined. He wants nothing more than to show justice to Lamm. He spends much of his time praying to the goddess Iomedae. He gives money that he has inherited to the poor but spends little time outside helping them. Preferring to spend his time, practicing with his sword, praying or tracking down Lamm, the man who killed his parents. He treats others kindly if he likes them but has been known to anger from those that are cruel or insult Iomedae. Upon first meeting him, he acts like a gentleman learning from his time as a noble, but becomes less like the man he could of become the more he knows somebody.

Backstory:
I was born in Westcrwon, Cheliax. We were minor nobles amongst Chelsih communities but mother and father wanted to move to Korvosa. we moved when I was six and Jacob was only four. The journey took a long time especially because mother got pregnant on the way to Varisia. I was almost eight when we arrived and Lucy was born the day we arrived. Two years with Jacob is enough to rot anyone's mind. He was so different to me. I knew where we stood in line. I followed what mother and father said but he loved to rebel. I started training with swords when we got there. I was quite good but Jacob never wanted to do any of that. I turned to Iomedae, the goddess of justice and valor. I knew that I would become a paladin of her. I would go to the great temple of Iomedae in Magnimaar when I was eighteen. That never happened. I was completely dedicated to worship and training but obviously Iomedae had a different plan for me.

A week before I was to be sent away Lucy came running home crying. She was only twelve and she said that mother and father had been killed. Me and Jacob went running to find out what had happened. I had my sword. Him his powers that he'd developed. We found them lying there. No life in them. Lots of people crowded around me and Jacob. He had his claws out that had blood from mother and father's corpses and my sword had also collected their blood along the blade. An old man shouted out that he'd seen us kill our parents and lots of younger kids around him agreed. That was Gaedran Lamm. I didn't know who he was then but now I do. Jacob ran home with supernatural speed but I stayed with them. I told my younger brother to make sure that Lucy and he were safe. That was the last time I saw either of them.

The next day I was sent to court. All the witnesses went against me and I was sentenced to twelve years in prison. I just prayed. I arrived in prison on my birthday. The 21st of Erastus. Prison was hell. I was the only honourable man there and I was constantly ridiculed for praying to Iomedae. Then I started working out. I built up muscles that impressed the other jailbirds and I practiced sword fighting. My faith in Iomedae was built up until I was sure that she would guide me to the right way. Six years I spent in that prison only half the time I was meant to be there for. But the people of Korvosa realised that I was not the man who killed my own parents. I was framed by Gaedran Lamm. On the 18th of Desnus, now a 24 year old, I left that prison never to return.

Life was hard in Korvosa, I was given back all my belongings but my money had disappeared so I was broke. I had to become a bounty hunter but only to those I believed deserved hunting. In my spare time I tracked down Lamm. I have had no luck. I've managed to build up a reasonable amount of money and respect but people will always think of me as the man who killed his parents and there is only one man to thank for that reputation: Gaedran Lamm.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-17, 12:38 PM
back story please, need to know how mr. lam framed you

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-18, 03:05 PM
well since everyone else seems to be lagging, i'm going to kick it off and work them in as them ready themselves


you'll find the IC thread here

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14397665#post14397665

Thattaman
2012-12-23, 05:08 PM
Anthony will speak in yellow.

Edit: That's probably to bright so I'll go with orange.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-23, 05:26 PM
i have a friend who expressed interest in joining in, with the recent loss of AZ i was wondering how everyone felt about that

North_Ranger
2012-12-23, 05:54 PM
I'm cool with that.

Thattaman
2012-12-24, 05:33 AM
That's cool. Don't know what we'd do about putting him in our RotRL game.

Edit: I've added my backstory to my first post.

Hypertext
2012-12-24, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone!

Just finished up http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=488686]Merik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=488686)

Once I have approval i'm good to go. Also speak text will be Blue If that works

Background:
Merik grew up in an orphanage with other half elf children that had been thrown out onto the streets. He quickly learned about the harshness of the world and fell into organized fighting as a means to make some coin. After years of broken hands and faces he met the love of his life after one of his fights. Her name was Kaleena and she was a human from Riddleport. For the first time in Merik's life he felt the comforts of the life he had never had. Merik and Kaleena made plans to leave Korvosa and start fresh somewhere new but to do that Merik would have to take one more fight. He was approached before the fight by a spindly man who offered to pay him double his take to throw the fight. Merik refused but when he did the man became furious and assured Merik that he would be sorry. This isn't the first time a gambler had approached Merik so he brushed it off as if nothing had happened. The fight was over quickly and Merik was of course victorious. Kaleena however was nowhere to be found after the fight. In the morning the city guard found Merik and informed him that she had been murdered. Merik now stalks the streets of Korvosa searching for the killer of his love and he will stop at nothing to get his revenge.

Hypertext
2012-12-24, 05:54 PM
Also i don't seem to know how to link stuff like you guys do. =/

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-24, 06:02 PM
welcome aboard, i'll post up how you found your card momentarily

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-24, 06:19 PM
the opening post has been changed to incorporate hypertext as merik, please feel free to jump in, sooner than later i hope,

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-25, 09:08 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Thattaman
2012-12-26, 11:26 AM
Anthony is telling you all this because he thinks if one of you is a servant to Lamm then he might come after Anthony himself. And after training with his sword he fancies himself as quite a fighter.

Angstrom
2012-12-27, 01:56 AM
Sorry for taking so long away. The seasonal business is, for the most part, over now so my usual posting will resume. Hope any and all celebrations were merry and bright.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-27, 12:50 PM
not to worry ang, i figured things might be sporadic around the holidays then again, our group is pretty sporadic already

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-28, 03:16 PM
hardeks reroll
hardek
[roll0]

Thattaman
2012-12-28, 04:13 PM
You said somethings against Anthony that really got him annoyed. He knows that justice in Korvosa is unfair and proposing that he should believe in it isn't the right thing to say.

Angstrom
2012-12-28, 06:26 PM
Very true, but Kes doesn't know that. Your characters have been wronged by the system, where Kes has only been helped by it. Insinuating that the establishment she was raised to believe in is not to be trusted is as much and affront to her as saying it should be trusted is to Anthony. How many parties (not counting Call Forth Darkness) start out at each others throats but come to respect each other after a few adventures? This seems to be establishing character dynamics with Anthony as the Hero and Kes as the Lancer.

Justice according to Iomedae vs Abadar is a debate that can last generations. I fully expect Lamm to fight and die, but with his rap sheet there is no way he'll escape the gallows if turned in.

North_Ranger
2012-12-28, 06:33 PM
You can turn in a criminal, for sure... but where will you find people willing to testify against him?

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-28, 06:35 PM
great gods harrowing is really harrowing, this seems liek the longest post ever

Thattaman
2012-12-31, 07:13 AM
Anthony used to trust the system but he now no longer trusts anyone in Korvosa except himself. Putting Lamm on trial would be a terrible idea to even someone who hasn't been wronged by justice.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-31, 03:25 PM
you have all received 1 harrow point
you can use this harrow point at any time in this module to:
1. reroll any dex based roll, including an attack roll with a dex base ie using weapon finesse, but you must abide by the new roll
2. a +1 dodge bonus to ac, this lasts for a single encounter
and 3. to increase your base speed by 10 feet for one encounter

unspent harrow points at the end of the AP are lost btw

Angstrom
2012-12-31, 04:24 PM
Very cool. Though I doubt Kes will ever have need of that last option. She already moves at twice the speed of her armour-clad companions.

Her stealth checks aren't great, but I'm hoping Lamm doesn't have guards outside the building. Hardek would have noticed, I hope. Finding a way of talking to one of those children is probably the best way to figure out what's inside.

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-31, 05:24 PM
you have no way of knowing door sight will work, but you are free to try

Angstrom
2012-12-31, 05:48 PM
She has multiple uses per day so its worth a shot. Is is possible for her to get to the area underneath the building without going on the pier?

Cleric Cromwell
2012-12-31, 06:42 PM
you could jump in the water, but otherwise its not really possible

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-03, 02:23 PM
i'll need a profession sailor check, or a wisdom check

North_Ranger
2013-01-03, 02:28 PM
From everybody or from the people rowing?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-03, 02:37 PM
i'll take one for the group

Angstrom
2013-01-03, 05:46 PM
If any other characters know what to do she'll let them, but I may as well roll. Untrained would mean a wisdom check right? [roll]1d20+2/[roll]

Angstrom
2013-01-03, 05:47 PM
Roll fix:[roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-03, 06:00 PM
::Devilish laugh::
wis is correct
lets see them bones roll

Thattaman
2013-01-04, 03:05 AM
Wisdom check [roll0]

North_Ranger
2013-01-04, 08:57 AM
Chisdom weck [roll0]

Thattaman
2013-01-04, 08:59 AM
Wouldn't a strength check be needed to keep the oars rowing? Also I have a feeling that the guy who sold us the boat might be Gaedran Lamm.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-04, 10:42 AM
Arguing with the dm. Bad form
Jk

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-04, 10:47 AM
I'm going to be out of town for the next few days so I think we can put things on hold until then

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-07, 02:57 PM
ok back in action
hyper try your perceptionroll on here

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-07, 04:23 PM
i will need a wisdom, prof sailor check, or stealth

Hypertext
2013-01-07, 06:48 PM
ok back in action
hyper try your perceptionroll on here

alright
Perception [roll0]
Wisdom [roll1]

Someone else should probably make the wisdom roll if possible.

Angstrom
2013-01-08, 02:53 PM
Can we see a door or ladder or something where the underpier connects to the fishery? How about a way up to the boat?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-08, 04:32 PM
going to need to see one of my 3 checks to pull it off, but the dc will be low

Angstrom
2013-01-08, 07:27 PM
Maneuvering check with Guidance: [roll0]

Ouch, I guess not then.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-08, 09:12 PM
natural one, uh oh

Thattaman
2013-01-09, 03:17 PM
I don't think any of those rolls will work in Anthony's favour, but Wis check [roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-09, 04:15 PM
you might have just saved the day,

PeglegJim
2013-01-10, 09:40 AM
Alright, so just found out about this, so here's my character, a half-orc summoner. It may be a little incomplete and I'll still have to post the eidolon, which I will do later this afternoon (US time).

Biff (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496141) and his eidolon Crusk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=496491)

Backstory:
Biff doesn't remember his true parents very well. A his mother's
sister, a human ended up raising him, though 'raising' was
somewhat of an overstatement. He mostly just wandered the
streets, sewers and garbage piles of Korvosa. When he was about
7, he was taken by Lamm to become one of his 'Little Lamms'. He
committed petty crimes and wrangled the rest of the children when they went astray. Lamm treated him poorly and he often had to
scavenge to survive. Lamm regularly beat Biff and when Biff got
mad and bit Lamm after many torturous years of service, Lamm cut
him up and left him on the trash heap, saying that Biff went
feral. He covered himself up in rags and lived in isolation for a
long time. He frequented places too vile for most people and ate
anything he could get his hands on really. Korvosa had treated
him like garbage as long as he could remember, from the guards to
the other street urchins, so Biff began to bear a grudge. He was
small, young and even unfit looking for a half-orc, so nobody
showed him any respect. For this reason he began to reach beyond the material plane for something. Maybe it was anger or perhaps lonliness, but he studied magic to earn respect. He strived to reach beyond. Biff prayed to bloodthirsty deities for a way to get back at the many people he felt wronged him. So after a long time of isolation, Biff made a connection to an extra-planar beast--an eidolon. This snarling, dagger toothed beast became his first true friend. He named him Crusk and made sure Crusk was as fearsome-looking as possible. He sees this large, rabid canine creature as some kind of holy avatar of his god, and with it, he plans on carrying out revenge on Lamm, as well as a host of others.

EDIT: Finished Eidolon. Will perhaps elaborate on backstory and description, but I have the basics down.

EDIT: Backstory finished

Thattaman
2013-01-10, 11:11 AM
What else are Paladins for?

PeglegJim
2013-01-14, 12:25 PM
Right, forgot color, let's see...I guess red seems right.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-14, 01:34 PM
red works
sorry for the delay, strap in everyone

Hypertext
2013-01-14, 03:07 PM
I am so ready to mix it up in here!!

North_Ranger
2013-01-14, 03:09 PM
Already wargle-bargled the dogs, for what that's worth :smallbiggrin:

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-14, 04:09 PM
no need for initiative rolls, they just slow things down on pbp, just be courteous and try your best to wait your turn

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-14, 04:44 PM
give me an acro check for the bull rush

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-15, 12:36 AM
i'm going to use the warhammer rules for converting a 1d6 roll to a d3
1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3
so 2 damage from the neg energy, roll d3 from now on though just to simplify

scratch the acro for the bull rush

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-15, 03:18 PM
not enough room to charge, wouldn't help in any case with that roll
speaking of which, give me another d20 roll to see if you lose your ax

North_Ranger
2013-01-15, 03:22 PM
Wait, what?

[roll0]

Angstrom
2013-01-15, 04:00 PM
Critical fumble tables are in effect?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-15, 04:22 PM
i like to play with them, if you get a natural 1 you roll again and if you roll another 1 you fumble your weapon

but if there are major objections i suppose i could do away with them

you passed by the way so no worries you hold your ax for another swing

ang, are you going to try and engage the man in the red coat? or help fight the guy attacking hardek?

hyper, your readied action fails and you're back to standard action

North_Ranger
2013-01-15, 04:29 PM
Wohoo! And I say keep 'em... It's still only a... 0.25% chance of that happening, crappy dice roller notwithstanding.

Angstrom
2013-01-15, 04:46 PM
Critical fumbles can be pretty great. I use them in my rl game, but with 1-5 on a d20 being something bad. Great source of narrative flavour.

Anyways, I wasn't sure who was where so I figured Kes would move in to see as much as possible, after buffing her allies. Channeling will resume on her next turn.

Thattaman
2013-01-16, 10:43 AM
I'm good with them, in fact, I'll use them in my games as well. It's only 1 in 400 chance of it happening, so I'm good.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-16, 12:27 PM
the dice roller gods favor you

Thattaman
2013-01-16, 12:38 PM
In this game. But the other one didn't really like you. :smallamused:

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-16, 02:17 PM
thattaman roll for critical confirmation

and yes, in the other game it is a dark and angry god, seething with hatred, venom and bile dripping for its fangs

Thattaman
2013-01-16, 02:19 PM
Anthony only has one weapon and that is his longsword.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-16, 02:20 PM
then roll for crit confirm

Thattaman
2013-01-16, 02:51 PM
Crit confirm [roll0]
Crit damage [roll1]

Edit: The bonus should be plus five, so that should be seventeen.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-16, 11:03 PM
Hyper. If you are using your knees I think you are only doing 1d3 damage plus str. 1d4 plus str with your Cetus and 1d6 plus str with your armor spikes

North_Ranger
2013-01-17, 12:40 AM
Hardek's down to 2 hp. Medic, please :smallwink:

Hypertext
2013-01-17, 01:28 PM
Sorry for the confusion. The knees comment is more for flare but I am using the armor spikes since I can attack with them in a grapple. Basically grabbing the guy by the scruff and kneeing him in the face and chest so hard that he wishes he was never born.

Realized I never described my character
Merik is almost 6 feet tall weighing in at around 180 lbs. He is obviously well built and makes no efforts to hide the scars that cover most of his body. Upon closer inspection they mostly seem to be tears and bites from animals. Any character with an ear to the local underground fighting circuit has probably heard of Merik the Mauler and his martial style.

He wears sensible boots with patchwork leather pants that have knee plates adorned with pointy metal studs to emphasize the damage of his vicious knees. His upper body is clad with a similar patchwork leather jacket with metal plates sewn into it for added protection. Moving up he has a permanent stubble on his face and dark green eyes that look almost black at arms length. his hair is unkempt and cropped close on the sides with the top splaying out any way that it pleases.

There he is =)

Hypertext
2013-01-17, 02:59 PM
Is Giggles actually down or is he still in fighting shape?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-17, 03:00 PM
he's just dazed

speaking of being dazed, how many more channels do you have ang?
3 down by my count

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-17, 03:41 PM
giggles can't be charged from where you are, nor would you be flanking him, as anthony is between you and the half-orc, but there is room to fight him

also i should describe the room your in (never really got a chance to with all the combat)
its a square room, 15 ft on each side, from the door you all came in, to the left there is the plank wall of the fishery, to the right the room opens, at the back of the room coming down from the left is a staircase that extends about half way into the room, with a closed door on right wall in the back corner across from the stair case, Hyper and Thatta, you are fighting between the closed door and the staircase, with Ang just at the top of the stairs and North_Ranger by the door you came in at

Hypertext
2013-01-17, 03:45 PM
Ah ok sorry about that. In that case I move into 5ft into melee range and I attempt to grapple Giggles.

Grapple Check [roll0]

and wiff!!

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-17, 04:31 PM
so north, since you can charge, and flank, you would be at +8 and a roll of 18, did you include the +1 from bless? not that it would change things as you hit without the bless.

North_Ranger
2013-01-17, 04:34 PM
Yup, I counted the Bless in. And the 1 1/2 times STR modifier from swinging the axe two-handedly. I love dwarven waraxes!

Angstrom
2013-01-17, 07:11 PM
Got 4 channels left, then Kes becomes significantly less useful.

Wiffed that check. Since it was a critical failure I figured I'd play it as she did a once over and is convinced there isn't a threat in the room, so unless something presents itself she'll just pick a door at random.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-18, 12:44 PM
north, don't you get a bonus from favored enemy too?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-18, 01:05 PM
Giggles rolls for crit

[roll0]

crit damage

[roll1]

Thattaman
2013-01-18, 02:05 PM
Phew, no crit! I'm on seven hp at the moment.

North_Ranger
2013-01-18, 03:46 PM
north, don't you get a bonus from favored enemy too?

Well no, unless Giggles is an animal :smallwink: I chose animals as Hardek's first favored enemy. Seemed appropriate for him; he's a trapper, and he wants to make clean kills.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-18, 06:15 PM
gotcha, i thought you had taken humans as favored enemy

North_Ranger
2013-01-19, 04:59 AM
Yeah, that was the original plan... but I changed that before we started the game. It just didn't seem appropriate to his character. A trapper hunting in the woodlands and plains around Janderhoff... who is really good at hurting humans?

North_Ranger
2013-01-19, 05:13 AM
Also, to speed up the divvying... is there anything in the loot that Hardek took that someone absolutely wants?

I myself would like to take the potion of CLW... I'm down to 2hp. Or at least one of the tanglefoot bags and some of the acids. Hardek's currently in no shape for melee. The reason he went axe-first in the first place was because he was angry as hell.

Hypertext
2013-01-21, 11:59 AM
I'm planning on running pretty light with this guy so I'm all set on gear for now.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-22, 12:51 AM
Why are you casting guidance on Gruller? And what are you rolling perception on

Angstrom
2013-01-22, 01:07 AM
Sense Motive was on the kid. Too eager to help. None of the other kids said anything, why isn't this one afraid of Lamm?

Perception was general; is the kid in possession of anything suspicious? Also, environmental dangers like boys with boards, or boobytraps.

Guidance on Gruller because this kid is helping and if the kid's navigating the fishery then maybe it could use help on a perception check of its own. She's trying to protect Gruller.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-22, 12:48 PM
well done on the sense motive check and the perception


importunately
roll to confirm crit
[roll0]
damage roll
[roll1]

Angstrom
2013-01-22, 01:25 PM
Ouch, but the crit could have been a whole lot worse.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-22, 01:25 PM
keep in mind, shooting into melee without precise shot, not only nets you -4 to hit but also a 20% chance to hit the other member of the combat, be warned

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-22, 01:31 PM
Ouch, but the crit could have been a whole lot worse.

indeed, lucky for you a small kukri doesn't do a ton of damage

Thattaman
2013-01-22, 03:12 PM
But a paladin swinging a longsword does.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-23, 03:47 PM
wait for ang, i have a good bit for kes

Hypertext
2013-01-24, 02:02 PM
Just a heads up that I am in the grips of the flu so my posting will be infrequent for a bit. Sorry everyone.

North_Ranger
2013-01-24, 02:03 PM
Get well soon, okay? Lots of fluids, rest etc. etc.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-24, 04:16 PM
sorry brother, feel better soon

Angstrom
2013-01-24, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-24, 06:41 PM
your expeditious retreat is no longer active

Angstrom
2013-01-24, 07:06 PM
Too bad. No +16 to jump checks from movement speed anymore.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-24, 07:28 PM
indeed, but it might have done more harm that good

North_Ranger
2013-01-25, 10:17 AM
How do you want to do this, folks? I'm hoping that an arrow in the eye will provoke the gator to attack... but if Hardek misses, Felicity's lunch :smalleek:

Thattaman
2013-01-25, 10:59 AM
If there seems no way to save Felicity, Anthony will let her die to kill Lamm. If you look at the big picture, more people will die if Lamm survives than if Lamm dies as well as Felicity.

Angstrom
2013-01-25, 01:42 PM
For obvious reasons, Kes is not about to let a little girl get eaten alice by a aligator. That's some serious nightmares right there. He may follow a different code, but that's not how her sense of morality has developed, to make such immediate utilitarian decisions viable.

I'd also like to point out that Kes may have the best odds of breaking this standoff without Felicity getting hurt. Daze isn't like stun where the target drops everything and becomes vulnerable; they're just incapable of initiating actions. Whether letting go of an object is a permissible action for a dazed person is probably Cromwell's ruling. Final point, is that Kes has the best chance against the gator too since she can channel even if grappling with the thing.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-25, 01:56 PM
daze is not stun, that is a viable option

Angstrom
2013-01-25, 02:19 PM
Awesome, but we'll see what happens. I wanted to let Hypertext post before initiating anything major.

Thattaman
2013-01-25, 03:33 PM
I really want Anthony to stop her, but then he'd get so much hate, and condemning the child to death isn't the paladin way, if Kes can save Felicity without surrendering then Anthony will be waiting for you.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-25, 05:14 PM
and before you ask this was not a set up for force you to loose your powers thatt, was just playing with what was given, as much as it seems to the contrary

Hypertext
2013-01-25, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone thanks for the good wishes and what not. Sorry to hold up the game at such a high point. I am for tackling Lamm while someone grabs the rope (daze or no daze) so that Felicity doesn't fall if we can pull off that movie type of magic. Othewise down for anything. Merik more than anything wants to pummel Lamm in the face till his head turns into soup.

North_Ranger
2013-01-25, 05:28 PM
Holding off Hardek's action 'til we hear from Merik ;)

Thattaman
2013-01-25, 05:36 PM
I hope Kes has a plan, otherwise, we're screwed.

Angstrom
2013-01-25, 07:20 PM
At this point her plan is to try and save Felicity. That's it. Assuming he drops the girl, you will have nothing stopping you from arresting or killing him.

How about this for some action order. She's hesitating, hoping that Lamm will keep talking and let her get close enough to Felicity to jump and save her. If the others charge Lamm, she hesitates no longer and tries to make sure Felicity doesn't fall in the water. Should she end up in the water herself, it becomes a matter of luck. Can she kill the croc before it eats her and Felicity.

I'm unclear on the dimensions of the gator pit however, so I don't know how feasible it is for her to attempt to jump and push Felicity to a ledge should she start to fall.

North_Ranger
2013-01-26, 05:07 AM
you have all received 1 harrow point
you can use this harrow point at any time in this module to:
1. reroll any dex based roll, including an attack roll with a dex base ie using weapon finesse, but you must abide by the new roll
2. a +1 dodge bonus to ac, this lasts for a single encounter
and 3. to increase your base speed by 10 feet for one encounter

unspent harrow points at the end of the AP are lost btw

Just thought I'd remind y'all about this... :smallwink:

North_Ranger
2013-01-26, 05:11 AM
Also, I was wondering, Cleric Cromwell... Could Hardek use Knowledge (Nature) to pick up the most opportune moment to fire an arrow into the croc's eye? Such as when the beast is most distracted by the hanging, bleeding morsel? Essentially, could a successful knowledge roll be used to, for example, give an attack bonus or when the croc loses its Dex bonus?

I'm just wondering, 'cause this is essentially a "do or die" shot.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-26, 11:57 PM
I'd give you a +2 to attack roll or called shot with a successful check but the dc will be high

North_Ranger
2013-01-27, 05:41 AM
Well, "arrow to the eye" was just a euphemism for "something that will piss off the croc so badly it forgets about dinner" ;) But I'll try, for even a minute benefit on the shot:

Knowledge (Nature) on how to piss off a croc: [roll0]

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 09:54 AM
Gah, I'm the one holding upt the party, aren't I? Sorry, folks, had a lot on my plate over the weekend... Here goes nothing...

Thattaman
2013-01-28, 12:08 PM
If this distracts Lamm enough then Anthony will use his harrow point to run at Lamm and slice him using smite evil whilst grabbing the rope. Would that be possible?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 01:48 PM
no north, that would be me holding things up, was too busy this weekend to post

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 01:50 PM
...Oh.

Well.

Oh well, the old adage holds true. You can't get an arrow back once it's shot :smallwink: Lemme know if the Knowledge (Nature) roll did diddly-squat :smallbiggrin:

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 02:30 PM
you had a really solid roll to begin with, so it didn't really factor much, but i did throw a little something in for you, not that it shows

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 02:31 PM
Then I shall wait with intrigue to see what the arrow did in the end :smallwink:

Angstrom
2013-01-28, 03:47 PM
I've gotta say, I'm really hoping Merik wrestles the crocodile. That mental image is ripe with awesomeness to me.

Oh, and Kes leaves Felicity and the others out of the area of effect of the Channel.

Hypertext
2013-01-28, 05:04 PM
Haha Merik is so going to wrestle that croc and probably die doing it. I can't see him not doing it though. If i recall Crocs are natural grapplers though so wish me luck =)

Edit: Oh no.

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 05:16 PM
Drat, now the croc's in melee. I really need to frickin' get that feat...

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 05:29 PM
ang what is your cha mod?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 05:54 PM
lets try that first one again
[roll0]

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 05:56 PM
Phew, close one, that ;)

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 05:57 PM
Also, is Gobblegut submerged or still within line of sight?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 06:02 PM
ol gobs is still in line of sight, but he is in melee with you and merik

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 06:09 PM
ol gobs is still in line of sight, but he is in melee with you and merik

Ah... I thought he wasn't anymore. Will you allow me to amend my post accordingly? I'll rather have Hardek take a shot at Lamm instead of sucking that -4 and potentially shooting Merik.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 06:15 PM
Lamm is out of sight now

North_Ranger
2013-01-28, 06:17 PM
Okay... I'll just reroll the attack with the appropriate minuses...

[roll0]

Hypertext
2013-01-28, 06:26 PM
I think im going to have to stop trying to grapple and start punching the biz out of this guy.

Also for clarification is the croc Large?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-28, 06:40 PM
north, that is most unfortunate
and merik, yes he is large

Hypertext
2013-01-28, 06:50 PM
Thanks CC

My grapples are also unfortunate lately.

Angstrom
2013-01-28, 09:23 PM
ang what is your cha mod?

+4, so she's able to ignore the three guys and Felicity. If Jim were here she'd have a tough decision to make.

Also, where did Lamm get a crocodile? I thought Varisia had a temperate climate, but apparently large reptiles can subsist in the river if fed.

PeglegJim
2013-01-28, 10:37 PM
Out of all the stuff in Pathfinder, your disbelief is suspended by a crocodile in a temperate climate? :smallamused:

Angstrom
2013-01-28, 10:55 PM
Weird right? For some reason it was immersion shattering. I had this mental image of Korvosa as a stand in for renaissance London, making a crocodile improbable. I'll adjust to a more Slavic Korvosa.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-29, 03:02 AM
I think GG is more of an exotic pet. Ah la jabba the hutts rancor
In general though I believe you are right ang

North_Ranger
2013-01-29, 05:48 AM
Huh... I would have thought the Jeggare delta and much of the Mushfens region to be reminiscent of stereotypical perception of the Mississippi area: y'know, bayous and 'gators - and marsh giants as hillbillies :smallbiggrin:

Or maybe some nobleborn little girl flushed her pet down the toilet :smallbiggrin:

Angstrom
2013-01-29, 03:10 PM
That is an interesting take. Korvosa as a sort of New Orleans would give it a lot of flavour. Perfect for a people getting ready to face a crisis. The Varisian culture as cajun as well as the more blatant Roma one. I like it. Kes may have to pick up a harmonica...

Thattaman
2013-01-29, 03:28 PM
I can see how Lamm could have a croc, Lamm had ties in high places, the queen is from the Chelaxian house of Jeggare. Cheliax explored the Mwangi Expanse and that has loads of crocs in.

Hypertext
2013-01-30, 06:00 PM
Ack Merik may be going down for the count guys!

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 09:20 AM
Hardek's got one more potion of CLW, but he can't get to Merik as long as he's grappled. Hopefully Gobblegut will release him before it's too late :smallfrown: Hardek has to move in to engage, because if he misses with a bow, just think what would happen if he lobbed in some alchemist's fire?

Seriously, though, we need a plan 'cause this battle is going belly-up fast. Merik's grappled, Kes and Felicity are about to drown, which leaves just me and Anthony trying to fell this beastie.

Thattaman
2013-01-31, 11:09 AM
Hardek's got one more potion of CLW, but he can't get to Merik as long as he's grappled. Hopefully Gobblegut will release him before it's too late :smallfrown: Hardek has to move in to engage, because if he misses with a bow, just think what would happen if he lobbed in some alchemist's fire?

Seriously, though, we need a plan 'cause this battle is going belly-up fast. Merik's grappled, Kes and Felicity are about to drown, which leaves just me and Anthony trying to fell this beastie.

Anthony's to set on killing Lamm and I think he's in a different room, searching for his nemesis.

Hypertext
2013-01-31, 11:25 AM
I actually dont think im grappled though just in real bad shape. The roll to hit me missed for the croc so I ignored the other biz. Can I get a clarification on this one CC? Cause otherwise I am grappled and at -7 HP haha.

Thattaman
2013-01-31, 11:42 AM
I actually dont think im grappled though just in real bad shape. The roll to hit me missed for the croc so I ignored the other biz. Can I get a clarification on this one CC? Cause otherwise I am grappled and at -7 HP haha.

Ouch, you really do need help. It's times like this you wish we had a cleric that could channel positive energy.

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 03:34 PM
I actually dont think im grappled though just in real bad shape. The roll to hit me missed for the croc so I ignored the other biz. Can I get a clarification on this one CC? Cause otherwise I am grappled and at -7 HP haha.

Yeah... now that I check it, I don't think you're grappled. If I remember my Bestiary correctly, a croc can freely initiate grapple on a succesful bite. So if the bite missed, Merik's free.

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 03:35 PM
Anthony's to set on killing Lamm and I think he's in a different room, searching for his nemesis.

I'm hoping he still heared Hardek telling him to haul his shiny paladin butt back into the battle :smalltongue:

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 06:06 PM
Holy crud, PegLegJim, you sure know how to make an entrance! Also, thank you for proving that half-orcs are ideal for "kicking the door in"-kind of gameplay :smalltongue:

PeglegJim
2013-01-31, 06:08 PM
Yo, Cromwell said I could pop in the middle of the battle, so there's my character.

Thought it made more sense than the original idea I had.

Edit: Thanks NorthRanger

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 06:14 PM
I intended my words as a compliment. I mean, the group's pretty much getting their arses whooped. And then The Cavalry (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCavalry) arrives :smallsmile: Will your entrance music be the A-Team theme music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM), or perhaps Charge of the Rohirrim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoYQDzLvA2s)?

Also, just out of curiosity... what was your original plan?

PeglegJim
2013-01-31, 06:22 PM
Eh something about getting released from prison, joining after they killed Lamm, but then I started thinking uh why. I liked the prison idea but I didn't think it would stick unless it was some kind of Dirty Dozen(getting released to help heroes) kind of deal. I think I originally thought that maybe because there be something about feeling indebted, but I figured that kind of thing was more kind of 'proud noble savage' rather than 'revenge driven half-orc street urchin'.

To a guy who's big into honor, the debt thing would stick. To someone who's dedicated to revenge, you'd just be a bunch of jerks who messed up his chance to get closure. Well that's my logic anyway.

Hypertext
2013-01-31, 06:23 PM
I'm with North on this one Jim. We definitely need the help. Especially me haha. Also your guy sounds awesome as all hell so i'm excited to see what he can do.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-31, 06:31 PM
nice entrance pegs
let me redo that failed roll
[roll0]

PeglegJim
2013-01-31, 06:35 PM
Oh man, that's it for Crusk. Lousy eidolon hit dice *grumble*.

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 06:39 PM
It's official: the dice roller hates me. I got everything in that attack. The flank, the favoured enemy bonus... and it #&%!! gives me a @!$£&!!3! natural one!

PeglegJim
2013-01-31, 06:42 PM
I don't think there are enough cuss words in the english language to express what my feelings on what has transpired in this round so far. Come on other guys' dice, they're on the ropes.

Hypertext
2013-01-31, 06:43 PM
Bahaha North you honestly have the worst luck in here it's uncanny.

Also I will do my best to pull you up Ang. I didn't realize I was such a strong swimmer.

North_Ranger
2013-01-31, 06:44 PM
I don't think there are enough cuss words in the english language to express what my feelings on what has transpired in this round so far. Come on other guys' dice, they're on the ropes.

I speak Finnish, English, French, Swedish, Spanish, Irish Gaelic and Arabic in the descending order of proficiency, and I still don't know enough cuss words for that.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-31, 06:48 PM
peg, you can't see Lamm, though a perception check might help

PeglegJim
2013-01-31, 06:51 PM
Damn an 8, still, untrained so it's like 2 less than max.

EDIT: Damn, looks like Crusk is at -1 hp and I was too shortsighted to shell in for that eidolon healing spell. Guess I'd better do a stabilize check. I'll do it here if it's all the same. Here goes nothing.

Stabilize for Crusk: 1d20+2

Cleric Cromwell
2013-01-31, 07:50 PM
best hurry before something else comes along

PeglegJim
2013-01-31, 07:52 PM
Stabilize for Crusk: [roll0]

....****

Thattaman
2013-02-01, 12:21 PM
Awesome entrance Peg. Did you say that Biff had been in prison? He could know Anthony from prison. It would look strange to everyone else, a Paladin in shiny armour knowing a huge shamanic half-orc from prison.

North_Ranger
2013-02-01, 12:24 PM
Awesome entrance Peg. Did you say that Biff had been in prison? He could know Anthony from prison. It would look strange to everyone else, a Paladin in shiny armour knowing a huge shamanic half-orc from prison.

"One is a holy warrior of the Inheritor. The other is a summoner of otherwordly horrors. Together, they fight crime!"

Thattaman
2013-02-01, 12:31 PM
"One is a holy warrior of the Inheritor. The other is a summoner of otherwordly horrors. Together, they fight crime!"

After they finish doing time themselves. :smallbiggrin:

PeglegJim
2013-02-01, 12:31 PM
Awesome entrance Peg. Did you say that Biff had been in prison? He could know Anthony from prison. It would look strange to everyone else, a Paladin in shiny armour knowing a huge shamanic half-orc from prison.

Yeah sure, you could say you knew him if you like. He probably was in prison at one point, but the story was he didn't stay long due to lack of evidence.

Thattaman
2013-02-01, 12:35 PM
Yeah sure, you could say you knew him if you like. He probably was in prison at one point, but the story was he didn't stay long due to lack of evidence.

OK, I reckon Anthony would definitely recognise that hlaf-orc with runes all over his body. Biff might remember Anthony as the guy who carried on praying.

PeglegJim
2013-02-01, 12:41 PM
Biff might remember Anthony as the guy who carried on praying.

Hm, I doubt that's an uncommon thing in prison actually lol.

Oh yeah and Crusk can gain the scent evolution if he takes some time to eat a nearby carcass. We'd only need a means of healing. Damn, knew I should've taken the eidolon healing spell.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-01, 12:48 PM
"One is a holy warrior of the Inheritor. The other is a summoner of otherwordly horrors. Together, they fight crime!"


its the ultimate buddy cop movie

North_Ranger
2013-02-01, 01:01 PM
Hee hee hee, just couldn't help it ;)

Also, I see you snuck in a new post while I was posting. Throwing in a Perception check to see where the bolts are coming from... throw in a +2 if there's any unusual stonework, such as traps or hidden doors.

[roll0]

EDIT: WOOHOO! Natural 20, b*tches!

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-01, 01:37 PM
btw with Kes's natural one on swim check she has sunk like and stone, pulled down by and undertow, merik will need another swim check to reach her

Hypertext
2013-02-01, 01:41 PM
All checked up!

Also Zelda reference like a boss North!

Lets hope I don't get Shark Week'd down here.

North_Ranger
2013-02-01, 01:53 PM
I still couldn't help it...

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-01, 02:37 PM
listen close, the cellos are playing

Thattaman
2013-02-01, 02:41 PM
I've got to kill Lamm soon, I was thinking of swapping my longsword and shield for a greatsword. Good idea?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-01, 02:48 PM
personally i've always been a fan of AC over sheer damage, so i will almost always support sword and board, or a variation there of, over the great weapons family
that said, i've seen a great sword wielding paladin, turned anti paladin do great things with the big cleaver, and a great ax wielding barb end an ocean of lives, far more than my high AC tower shield hefting, ax swinging holy vindicator, but then again, i had them in the front, me behind keeping them a float and slinging spells so who can say

Hypertext
2013-02-01, 05:33 PM
Regarding great weapon or shield do both. Honestly you can 2hand a longsword when you don't need the AC for -3 ish damage on the dice. When you need the AC a +5 heavy shield gives you 7 so it's pretty worth it to be versatile. Also power attack works for both so go to town haha.

Also If I get murdered by a shark i'm going down swinging.

Thattaman
2013-02-02, 02:42 AM
I think I'll go for greatsword, I'll pick up full plate armour soon so I can make up for lost AC.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-06, 03:21 PM
i'll need a survival check to skin the croc, you've pretty much picked the fishery clean of anything of real value, the only thing i can think of of red robe's gear that is left is the wand, which kes has and has yet to spell craft to determine what it is
i think pegleg might be on to something

North_Ranger
2013-02-06, 03:31 PM
Survival check coming up... [roll0]

Do I get any bonuses from favored enemy (animals) or Lamm's sharp knife? :smalltongue:

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-06, 03:58 PM
no but you do get a big bonus from that knowledge nature check a while back

you get 48 teeth, 5 square feet of croc hide, a croc skull and 10 pounds of reptile meat

North_Ranger
2013-02-06, 04:10 PM
Most excellent... barbecue, jewelry and materials for a purse... erm, I mean, armor :smallwink:

Thattaman
2013-02-07, 11:58 AM
Is Felicity Kes's daughter? Or are they linked in another way?

Angstrom
2013-02-07, 02:00 PM
Its in her backstory. Kes's mother died a while ago, and her father was sent to Magnimar on church business. She befriended the owner of the Three-Rings Tavern and her daughter, Felicity and they became her new family. Theandra is something of a older sister/mother surrogate to Kes and Felicity is like a little sister.

Hypertext
2013-02-07, 04:26 PM
I forgot Hardek was in the other room but my question for beer still stands. Basically Merik wants beer.

North_Ranger
2013-02-07, 04:37 PM
Will somebody be keeping a tally of the loot?

PeglegJim
2013-02-07, 06:55 PM
I think we should all chip in and get a wand of cure light wounds.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-07, 07:03 PM
If anyone wants to roll knowledge nobility or royalty that would be appropriate at this time

PeglegJim
2013-02-07, 07:05 PM
Uh what about knowledge(local)?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-07, 07:08 PM
that would give you some info, but not on what the nob/royalty would give you

PeglegJim
2013-02-07, 07:20 PM
Well I'll give both a shot

Knowledge(Local): [roll0]
Knowledge(Nobility): [roll1]

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-07, 07:33 PM
Biff's extensive knowledge of the local peoples and places brings him to the conclusion that the bells that are ringing are in fact bells

something about the items in the foot locker makes him pause and think, far more so than any normal trinket or loot should, but just as fast as the queer thought washed over him its gone

PeglegJim
2013-02-08, 11:03 AM
Hm kind of thought one of you guys would do the exposition all in one post, but this works two I guess.


Biff's extensive knowledge of the local peoples and places brings him to the conclusion that the bells that are ringing are in fact bells


Oh well that's real useful.

Thattaman
2013-02-08, 11:11 AM
Knowledge local : [roll0]
Knowledge Nobility: [roll1]

Hypertext
2013-02-08, 11:26 AM
Did we figure out who is tracking loot? I can do it if not but I have limited resources at work unfortunately.

PeglegJim
2013-02-08, 12:26 PM
I'm going to roll Knowledge Dungeoneering with the intent of of finding the quickest way out.

Knowledge(Dungeoneering): [roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-08, 01:24 PM
red robe, aka yangrin's gear is as follows, one wand, given to kes, 3 vials of acid, 2 tangle foot bags, taken by hardek, leather armor, a dagger, one light crossbow with ten bolts, and an amulet of undetermined value

North_Ranger
2013-02-08, 01:45 PM
Hardek also took the amulet, to be appraised at a later date. If no one's taking the rest, he'll grab the goods for sale.

PeglegJim
2013-02-08, 02:10 PM
Biff's only goal now is to get his eidolon healed and find a means of healing for the future. Anything else would just serve as an irritating distraction.

Basically like

children+adventure party+civil unrest < healing his ugly pet

If he can sell the crossbow and get a cleric to do it, that would be fine for now. Maybe sell it and buy all the healing potions he could get out of it if that's not an option.

Thattaman
2013-02-08, 02:58 PM
Anthony now wants to leave the city and got to Magnimaar but now he knows that the broach is the queens, his code means he must return it to her. Stupid paladin code.

Angstrom
2013-02-08, 05:41 PM
Kes is going to want to head to the Citadel soon anyways in order to check the new contracts that must surely come with such rioting. She has to return Felicity home first. While there, I'm sure Theandra would be able to appraise most of the loot.

Also, isn't Crusk unable to return for 8 hours at which point it'll be half healed?

PeglegJim
2013-02-08, 06:36 PM
Also, isn't Crusk unable to return for 8 hours at which point it'll be half healed?
I'm a little unsure. Way I heard it, the eidolon isn't sent back to it's home plane unless it hits a negative hp greater or equal to it's constitution score(-15 in this case). And when it's slain, you have to wait a day and it's summoned with half health. Now the eidolon had -1 hitpoints, but it failed it's save against bleeding(assuming it gets one). Anyway so I sent it back rather than it getting sent back when hitting -15. And it says that I summon it at whatever it had last time it was banished.

So either way, I figure I'll give the eidolon health potions to get it back to max hp and not think about it more than I already have.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-09, 01:47 AM
You are more than welcome to cross the city roiling over in civil unrest to reach one of the several temples. Or seek out this orphanage. Though still the city is reaching a boiling point

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-10, 04:22 PM
ok so what are you guys going to do? to find either a temple or the orphanage i'm going to need a knowledge local

then again you are more than welcome to split up and try finding both at the same time, if you'd like

North_Ranger
2013-02-10, 04:29 PM
Biff seems to have taken the reins on this, so I vote temple.

And need I remind you how bad an idea splitting the party is? :smallwink:

Thattaman
2013-02-10, 04:38 PM
Anthony would definitely say temple, although unfortunately there are no temples of Iomdedae is Korvosa.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-10, 04:53 PM
well a knowledge local check might just prove you wrong

or at least mostly

Thattaman
2013-02-10, 05:00 PM
well a knowledge local check might just prove you wrong

or at least mostly

OK, would Anthony get a bonus to the roll, seen as he kind of dedicated his life to Iomedae? [roll0]

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-10, 05:48 PM
you know there is a temple to Iomedae, and you know its not one of the major ones in the city, but you have no idea where it is

PeglegJim
2013-02-11, 01:29 PM
Biff doesn't care which temple. Got an 18 on the roll. That enough to get biff to the closest one?

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-11, 02:29 PM
you know that the closest temple is The Pantheon of Many in South shore, but you know that South Shore is in a walled off part of the city and the gates may be closed due to the riot. the next closest would be the temple of Asmodeus close to Castle Korvosa, but you likely wont be able to get any help there. your best option would be the Bank of Abadar in North Gate

PeglegJim
2013-02-11, 03:29 PM
Temple of abadar it is then

Angstrom
2013-02-11, 03:58 PM
Well, since the Bank is rather close to the Three-Rings and Kes is on less than friendly terms with the Archbanker, she'll press for the tavern as their destination. Theandra is trustworthy, while the Bank is not.

On a meta level, establishing a tavern as our common meeting ground is a timeless classic, while it also allows the party to have some cohesiveness over the ensuing weeks when we won't be spending every waking moment together.

North_Ranger
2013-02-11, 06:51 PM
Well, since the Bank is rather close to the Three-Rings and Kes is on less than friendly terms with the Archbanker, she'll press for the tavern as their destination. Theandra is trustworthy, while the Bank is not.

On a meta level, establishing a tavern as our common meeting ground is a timeless classic, while it also allows the party to have some cohesiveness over the ensuing weeks when we won't be spending every waking moment together.

Yeah, given those choices Hardek will change his vote for the tavern. Better refreshments :smallbiggrin:

Hypertext
2013-02-11, 10:12 PM
Merik is down for the tavern 100%

I can just see the drunken brawling now. *swoon*

PeglegJim
2013-02-12, 09:50 AM
Ya w/e biff's still going to the temple even if he has to crawl through a sewer to avoid the chaos. He'll show up at 3 rings once his eidolon's healed.

Thattaman
2013-02-12, 12:07 PM
Anthony would rather the tavern than the bank. Although the temple of Iomedae would be his preferred destinations. A tavern would be pretty awesome, Anthony has been living in a tavern for the past two years, so he would be fine staying there longer. For usefulness sake, can Anthony be already staying at the three rings?

Angstrom
2013-02-12, 01:30 PM
This is the blurb from the Guide to Korvosa.
N7. Three Rings Tavern: This quiet tavern belongs to retired adventurer and former Pathfinder Theandra Darklight (originally Theandra Mulnsk). Theandra earned enough coin as an adventurer to buy a decrepit tavern in Five Corners and fix up. A lithe beauty in her adventurous youth and starving childhood, Theandra took to the settled life with great gusto, and today she appears somewhere closer to matronly. Despite her indulgences, Theandra remains a good-natured and friendly person, ready to help a friend in need and always hungering for a tale of high adventure and daring-do. A few years ago, Theandra lost a few fingers when a bar brawl turned ugly, which led her to hire the half- Shoanti barbarian Tauk Par as a bouncer.
Theandra likes to keep her bar low-keyed and quiet, serving as much coffee and tea as mead and wine. Tauk Par watches over the place like a hawk, eyeing regulars and newcomers alike with the same barely concealed dislike. In addition to its extensive variety of beverages—alcoholic and not—Three Rings also gathers a regular breakfast clientele with its Varisian sweetbreads and Gebbite cream-filled pastries.
I added a daughter, Felicity, to Theandra's story and assumed it was just a tavern and not an inn as well. If Anthony wants to move in to the area, Kes and Theandra can help him with that, but if he's been staying at the Three Rings for 2 years, Kes would definitely know him. PM me if you want to try retconning that into our backstories.

In terms of Biff, Kes can probably take him to either the Bank of Abadar or the Sanctuary of Shelyn to get Crusk healed. I'm assuming as a resident of North Point she'd know the fastest way to both.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-12, 02:08 PM
right o
btw before we leave everyone gains 1000 xp, except for biff who picks up 700

also peg, know that the tavern they are going to and the temple are in the same part of town, so best to stick with them until you all get there

Thattaman
2013-02-12, 02:10 PM
right o
btw before we leave everyone gains 1000 xp, except for biff who picks up 700

Are you sure it's wise to leave one character behind? I don't wish to criticise but if one character is weaker than the rest then it can lead to bad things.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-12, 02:23 PM
very well 1000 all around,
also using fast progression

North_Ranger
2013-02-12, 04:29 PM
That's one crazy-ass prophet, if a natural 20 on an Intimidate roll doesn't make him piss his rags :smalleek:

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-12, 04:39 PM
well he's probably got piss in his rags already, but he's just cray and cray can be, for our non Americans, crazy and crazy can be

North_Ranger
2013-02-12, 05:47 PM
... why do I get the feeling we just done f***ed up something royally? :smalleek:

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-12, 06:06 PM
because i'm a cruel and mirthless GM and you all are but play things to me?
nah couldn't be that

Hypertext
2013-02-12, 06:14 PM
That is some cold blooded biz killing an old hobo. Everyone knows hobos have curses etc.

Really though Merik definitely lost some respect from Anthony right there. Partly because he is a bit on homeless side right now and he sees people like this all the time and partly because he could have wrestled the man down and taken him out of the equation w/o killing him.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-12, 06:19 PM
he just wanted to give you message from the future, and pus hugs, can't forget that

Angstrom
2013-02-12, 06:33 PM
Kes is with Merik on this one. The hobo would, by some accounts, be an example of an innocent in need. He probably wasn't, in ethical terms, competent and didn't understand what was going on. That's Kes's interpretation, at least.

Could make for some interesting character dynamic if Anthony continues to act this way. Kes may come to fear that if a guy who accosts a half-orc in the streets gets the death sentence, what about her use of negative energy? There's also the issue with trying to convince her to let Felicity drop to the croc.

Hypertext
2013-02-12, 06:41 PM
Character development wooo!!

I see more character development from you guys in PbP then I generally do in actual face to face gaming and I have to say that i really like it. it's a breath of fresh air.

Edit: Also I never thought Merik would be a nice guy and I would say that he still isn't but he definitely cares about saving people now... Not how I planned it but I like it.

Angstrom
2013-02-12, 07:31 PM
Yeah, the pace of PbPs allows a lot of character development. Playing in a published setting also helps provide material for immersion in the setting.

Nothing quite like orphans to bring out the nice guy in any hardened fighter. I figured that in most circumstances Kes would present herself as just another gruff adventurer, but having Lamm kidnap Felicity as an adventure hook let her be a lot more emotionally engaged. She fully expects an explanation from the group as to what happened with the hobo though. If they don't lie to her about what happened, she may have trouble viewing the hobo's death as justice.

PeglegJim
2013-02-12, 08:23 PM
Hell if your chars feel so bad about the hobo, you could try and stabilize him and dump him in front of a temple.

Hypertext
2013-02-12, 08:29 PM
Meh dead is dead. He has served his gaming purpose to almost give you the super magic flu or what have you.

PeglegJim
2013-02-12, 08:40 PM
lol yeah you're probably right.

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-13, 02:55 AM
if it helps put anyones mind at ease, he was a random encounter, life will go on without him

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-13, 10:49 AM
Btw I will be out of town for a few days so I won't be posting until Sunday.

Thattaman
2013-02-13, 11:02 AM
Anthony hasn't had any friends since ever really. The first six years he was running away from crazy diabolists of Cheliax. Then in Korvosa his family were always suspected of something from Chelish people and he preferred time alone prayingt o Iomeade. Then his family died and he's trusted no one since. For the past six years the only human contact he's had is being beaten up in prison for trying to convert people, then getting paid to kill for money. He's never like hellknights, he still thinks that they paid Lamm to kill his parents and some crazy guy trying to kill someone who he considers as quite friendly is enough to make him angry. All his life the only two things he's ever been able to turn to are Iomdedae and his blade. And in the middle of a fight, prayers are wasted.

Hypertext
2013-02-13, 02:03 PM
Boo to CC not being here!!

Regarding Anthony I totally get it and I like what you have going on with him. I'm sure after awhile he will soften to everyone and what not =)

Cleric Cromwell
2013-02-14, 01:41 AM
Or he won't and he'll become a pitiless crusader and end up joining the hell knights because they are the only ones who see his methods as sane

Hypertext
2013-02-14, 11:24 AM
Mind blown.

Angstrom
2013-02-14, 01:32 PM
That would be awesome character development. I'd love to see that actually happen.