PDA

View Full Version : +1 version of half-daelkyr

silverwolfer
2012-12-10, 01:04 PM
just curious on what you think would be a +1 or +2 la version of the half daelkyr from eberron?

Psyren
2012-12-10, 01:52 PM
Is there a reason you're trying to increase the LA? It doesn't have any now, so you could add just about anything you wanted to boost it up.

EDIT: I'm referring to the Daelkyr Half-Blood, which may not be what you're referring to.

Answerer
2012-12-10, 02:44 PM
Probably bonuses to Constitution and maybe Charisma, at least one more Personal Symbiont, and improve the rate at which the Personal Symbiont improves. Add the Living Breastplate to the list, too.

Of course, there are numerous LA +1 Templates that you could always use. Stuff like Dark (Tome of Magic), Feral (Savage Species), and Mineral Warrior (Underdark) are frequently cited as being among the few LA +1 Templates worth using. If you're really buying into the Daelkyr's insanity, you might even be able to convince your DM that Lolth-touched (Monster Manual IV) would be thematically appropriate...

Is there a reason you're trying to increase the LA? It doesn't have any now, so you could add just about anything you wanted to boost it up.
I believe the author is creating a character for a campaign that gets the first LA or two waived, based on another thread he's started recently.

Psyren
2012-12-10, 02:50 PM
A free template would be best if that's the case, as you suggested.

Urpriest
2012-12-10, 05:55 PM
Half-Farspawn, from Lords of Madness, is LA +4.

Answerer
2012-12-10, 08:12 PM
I just found this homebrew version of the Daelkyr half-blood (http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?375801-3-5-Eberron-Daelkyr-half-blood-as-a-template) that's an LA +2 Template. Haven't actually read it to see if it's any good, though.