PDA

View Full Version : Talon of Tiamat Build. Help Please!

ZvenDarkBrood
2012-12-10, 02:59 PM
Hello,

Tragically my tiefling rogue has fell in battle fighting valiantly against self righteous paladins of Pelor. So I must make a new character, dragon gods Tiamat and her brother Bahamut are not taking a role in this campaign. I was looking into the talon of tiamat prestige. Was looking for build advice for a good subtank to start off with this class. [cleric or anti-paladin maybe?] Just looking for suggestions or basic build advice. Was thinking of human just to start off with that extra feat/skill points. Also this campaign is an evil campaign everyone in that party is evil. To keep that in mind.

Here is a link if you are unfamiliar with the Talon of Tiamat. Thanks again for any of you with sage advice or help :smallbiggrin:

http://dndtools.eu/classes/talon-of-tiamat/

Snowbluff
2012-12-10, 03:11 PM
Hmm...

Either:

Duskblade4/TalonX

or

Hexblade3-4/Somethingforrequirements1-2/Urpriest1/TalonX

These are just ideas based on a cursory look at the class. Might not be too useful.

ZvenDarkBrood
2012-12-10, 03:36 PM
I looked at Hexblade before that's not a bad idea. But I'll check duskblade as well. Thank you.

Snowbluff
2012-12-10, 03:50 PM
I looked at Hexblade before that's not a bad idea. But I'll check duskblade as well. Thank you.

No problem. Keep in mind the real trick is to progress stronger casting class than Hexblade. Like the Ur Priest.

ZvenDarkBrood
2012-12-11, 11:04 AM
Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. One of my friends suggested Cleric.

LTwerewolf
2012-12-11, 11:47 AM
Factotum sprinkled with ur-priest is pretty fun on a talon of tiamat.

Snowbluff
2012-12-11, 11:54 AM
Wow, another Ur Priest suggestion.

If you are evil, you would probably be better off with Ur Priest. What level are you?

LTwerewolf
2012-12-11, 12:00 PM
Wow, another Ur Priest suggestion.

If you are evil, you would probably be better off with Ur Priest. What level are you?

Ur-priest just goes really well with a talon.

malonkey1
2013-08-06, 08:06 PM
Ur-priest just goes really well with a talon.

Mechanically, yes. But fluff-wise, if you're an Ur-Priest, Tiamat (a deity) is not gonna be a big fan of you. If your DM is okay with the conflict in the fluff, yeah Ur-Priest will work well with Talon of Tiamat.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-08-06, 08:16 PM
How about 23 different ideas? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15315170&postcount=356)