PDA

View Full Version : Mantled Psychic Warrior question.

txhazard
2012-12-10, 10:25 PM
So I am finally getting the chance to make a psychic warrior and I get to use the mantle ACF, Im leaning to Freedom then then snagging The natural world mantles.

I could use some clarification on the use of mantles.

Natural World mantle has metamorphosis as a level 4 mantle, does that mean when i can manifest a level 4 power I can manifest metamorphosis? That is a level 7 power isnt it?

HunterOfJello
2012-12-10, 10:54 PM
Metamorphosis is a 4th level Egoist power.

Keld Denar
2012-12-10, 11:00 PM
It says it its a 4th level power, so you can select it when a PsiWar normally gets 4th level powers, which, IIRC, is 10th level or higher.

rot42
2012-12-11, 05:29 AM
10th level is correct. If you select Metamorphosis as a power known then, you can spend seven power points to manifest it.

Psyren
2012-12-11, 09:49 AM
Note that you don't need a mantle - you can simply wait until level 13 and learn it via Expanded Knowledge. Though getting it as early as possible is generaly worthwhile (it's a really good power), doing it this way saves you a feat early on, or lets you take another ACF like Soulbound Warrior.

Note also that it will still cost 7 PP no matter how you learn it; it's a 4th-level power in both cases.

However, the mantle approach has another, more subtle benefit - mantle powers are considered to be on your list, so if you have Natural World, you can actually use metamorphosis items too. In fact, you can even use them prior to level 10, if you succeed at your ML check and have at least 14 Wis. A dorje of metamorphosis is only a quarter of the cost of a Skin of Proteus, but is every bit as useful.