PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Could I use Ride-by-Attack to activate the effects of Lightning Stance?

TheRinni
2012-12-11, 02:10 AM
I'm going to pose this question to my DM later, but I thought I'd ask the forums first.

Lightning Stance:

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Dodge, Wind Stance, base attack bonus +11.

Benefit: If you take two actions to move or a withdraw action in a turn, you gain 50% concealment for 1 round.

Ride-by-Attack:

Prerequisites: Ride 1 rank, Mounted Combat.

Benefit: When you are mounted and use the charge action, you may move and attack as if with a standard charge and then move again (continuing the straight line of the charge). Your total movement for the round can't exceed double your mounted speed. You and your mount do not provoke an attack of opportunity from the opponent that you attack.

Ride-by-Attack states that you may move and attack as if with a standard charge (normally a full-attack action), and then move again. The question seems to be whether or not that second movement is an action within itself, or just an extension on the full-attack action.

RndmNumGen
2012-12-11, 04:08 AM
Nope.

Lightning Stance:
If you take two actions to move or a withdraw action in a turn, you gain 50% concealment for 1 round.

Ride-by-Attack:
When you are mounted and use the charge action, you may move and attack as if with a standard charge and then move again (continuing the straight line of the charge).

A charge is neither a double move or a withdraw action.