PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a Githzerai Swordsage

Essence_of_War
2012-12-11, 11:16 AM
I'm playing a lvl 2 Githzerai Swordsage in a (hopefully!) several month running IRL campaign.

Our DM gave everyone in our group free +2 LA to help offset the fact that we're a 3, rather than 4-5 person group that his adventure was originally planned for. We're level 2, all 3.X sources available if used responsibly, house rules include 2 free feats at creation (didn't want to mess around with watching us min-max flaws), feats every odd level, stat points every even level but can't buff the same stat twice in a row.

Our group is:
A Xeph + Karsite Warlock, EB focused (special dispensation to allow the karsite to apply to xeph rather than human)
A Draconic Aasimar Cleric, DMM: Persisting.
A Githzerai Unarmed Swordsage (me!)

My Current Build:

My stats after racial mods:
Str 15
Dex 22
Con 16
Int 13
Wis 18
Cha 12

Feats:
1 - Adaptive Style
unarmed SS - imp. unarmed strike
flaw/free - (not sure, weapon finesse? extra readied maneuver? Sudden Recovery? Combat Exp?)
flaw/free - Shadow Blade

Maneuvers Known:
Mighty Throw
Counter Charge
Mom. of Perf. Mind
Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Wolf Fang Strike
Sudden Leap
Shadow Blade Technique

Stances:
Child of Shadow, Hunter's Sense

Couple of Questions:
1) Potential Multiclassing - I've been considering PsyWar 2 for a feat, and the mantled warrior acf (freedom) for dimension hop. Swashbuckler 1 for Weapon Finesse, Ardent 1 (freedom) for dim hop, and possibly Warmind 5 for sweeping strike. Obviously I'd combine the Swash/Ardent w/ each other or the Warmind to squeeze the most IL synergy. I know SS 20 is perfectly viable, but I feel like I'm missing out on leveraging my wisdom and my natural psionic-ness :smallbiggrin:

2) Feats - The UAS adaptation gives me the monk's flurry of blows, snapkick seems like a good feat choice to go with that. To supplement some of the throwing maneuvers, does improved trip work w/ the throw maneuvers? If so, an extra +4 is nothing to sneeze at, and I could have enough room to nab Knockdown later also. I feel like I have a ton of options here, and they're almost giving me decision paralysis!

3) Other suggestions?

docnessuno
2012-12-11, 11:58 AM
I love warmind (and it's good tor the full 10 levels tbh), morseso when combined with

You could consider something like:

Swordsage 1 / Monk 2 / Swordsage +3 / War mind 10 / Swordsage +4

The required knowledge ranks can be fufilled with knowledge devotion (a pretty good feat by itself). Monk dip allows unarmed damage and flurry stacking with war mind (Tashalatora feat) and the decisive strike variant can be amazing if going for AoO focused builds.

Note that the suggested unarmed swordsage adaptation gives you the monk's unarmed damage progression but not flurry.

Essence_of_War
2012-12-11, 04:16 PM
I love warmind (and it's good tor the full 10 levels tbh), morseso when combined with

You could consider something like:

Swordsage 1 / Monk 2 / Swordsage +3 / War mind 10 / Swordsage +4

The required knowledge ranks can be fufilled with knowledge devotion (a pretty good feat by itself). Monk dip allows unarmed damage and flurry stacking with war mind (Tashalatora feat) and the decisive strike variant can be amazing if going for AoO focused builds.

Note that the suggested unarmed swordsage adaptation gives you the monk's unarmed damage progression but not flurry.

Good catch on the UAS adaptation, I must have read through it far too quickly!

What sort of feats/power selections do you think would work best with the Warmind? It looks like I'll need, at min, monastic training + tashalatora?