PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Friendly One

Rizban
2012-12-11, 04:52 PM
This thread is for Harnel and GM(s) only.

Moving northeast towards Guildsman, he sees numerous shops, a few fancier houses, and lots of places to spend money. The closer to Guildsman that he gets, the less fancy and more utilitarian the buildings become. Further down the road, the buildings appear to become workshops and smithies and the like rather than the retail shops, taverns, inns, and living spaces common in Midtown. Guildsman reveals itself to be primarily an industrial district.

He may choose to stop and look around in northeast midtown of proceed on into Guildsman.

Halae
2012-12-11, 05:01 PM
Robert will head off into the Guildsman Distract, rather than hang around the shops. if his lessons from his parents suggest anything, it's that getting to know the local businesses, including the industrial ones, is important for solving problems. You may just need a favor from a construction worker at some point.

Anything of interest will pull his focus, but for now he's just wandering, getting a feel for the layout of the district.

Rizban
2012-12-11, 05:24 PM
Once in the Guildsman district, he finds that very few of the buildings have signs. Most appear to be workshops or homes without need for advertisement.

To the north, he can see the city wall just above the tops of the buildings. It appears to be four or five blocks away. The majority of the district seems to be to the east of here. To the west, is some older parts of the city wall and Old Town.

Which direction do you wander?

Halae
2012-12-11, 05:27 PM
Up towards the city wall for now, looking towards any construction projects or the like as I go.

Rizban
2012-12-11, 05:29 PM
You find a small manor being renovated. It seems to be the property of a minor noble.

Halae
2012-12-11, 06:17 PM
Robert walks towards the manor, curiosity evident, and he'll hail the nearest person he can find. Preferably someone who looks like they'd enjoy a short break to talk with a curious newcomer.

"Hey there! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions."

Rizban
2012-12-11, 11:47 PM
The man sets down a heavy back of crushed rock.

"Yeah, whaddaya want?"

Halae
2012-12-12, 07:25 PM
"At the moment, I'd like to know about this manor here. I'm not a local, and I don't really know anything about the city yet,"

Rizban
2012-12-13, 04:49 PM
"Don't know much. Belonged to some lord or something what died. Someone else bought it now. It's old. We're making repairs."

Halae
2012-12-13, 08:24 PM
"Do you know if there's someone I could talk to to learn more about it? This has me curious."

Rizban
2012-12-18, 02:33 PM
"You have to talk to the foreman. He's around here somewhere, but don't go wandering about. It don't be safe, and the guard will boot you out. I gotta get back to work before the boss sees."

He walks away without another word.

Halae
2012-12-20, 10:27 AM
Robert will look around for anybody that's either yelling orders or looks to be the man in charge. If he's going to speak to the foreman, that's likely who he'd be.

Rizban
2012-12-20, 12:56 PM
You do not spot anyone yelling out orders. The only people you see are the workers who infrequently carry debris out of the house or supplies back inside.

Halae
2012-12-21, 04:52 PM
Robert grunts and will try to wave someone down then, mindful of the fact that he should stay out of the construction site to keep from disrupting anything or getting somebody hurt. Himself included.

Once he has someone, he asks, "Can you direct me to the foreman? Got some questions."

Really, it was rather rude of that last guy not to point out who the foreman was.

Rizban
2012-12-28, 04:21 AM
You do manage to wave someone down as his work takes him near you.

He replies rather gruffly. "He's inside and busy. So am I."
He then turns and walks back towards the house.