PDA

View Full Version : Psi Warrior: I need help making this class more interesting

Zelkon
2012-12-11, 07:24 PM
Right now, it's a good class, but it's boring other than powers. I know that's a lot, but I really think it needs more. Any ideas?

Grod_The_Giant
2012-12-11, 07:28 PM
Something like this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior)?

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-12-12, 02:41 PM
Something like this (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior)?

Yeah, the Pathfinder Psychic Warrior is very well-done. The best part is how they can manifest a few powers as swift actions, which really helps the Psychic Warrior's greatest weakness (the action economy).

Still, there are very few high-level Psychic Warrior powers worth taking. The low-level ones are great with augments, but it would be nice to add a few more options.

vasharanpaladin
2012-12-12, 03:51 PM
It's already T3, does it really need to go higher? :smalleek:

Zelkon
2012-12-12, 04:17 PM
It's already T3, does it really need to go higher? :smalleek:

No, it just needs to be more interesting.

Veklim
2012-12-12, 05:39 PM
No, it just needs to be more interesting.

You could always drop to 4th level powers at the highest and add a couple of duskblade-esque gish abilities, but honestly I don't think it has a problem. The powers and feats allow for a fair bit of customisation already. The table looks empty sure, but so does a wizard's

bobthe6th
2012-12-12, 06:45 PM
well, the wizard's class table is misleading... It is going to prestige class into something with features.

Much like a sorcerer... they are going to multi class because there is no good reason not to. It tends to be a whole in the system...

toapat
2012-12-12, 08:15 PM
It tends to be a whole in the system...

that is only defied by the paladin and druid really, and the paladin only counts if you have all the content

Thomar_of_Uointer
2012-12-12, 08:19 PM
well, the wizard's class table is misleading... It is going to prestige class into something with features.

Much like a sorcerer... they are going to multi class because there is no good reason not to. It tends to be a whole in the system...

But the psychic warrior is hurt by multiclassing because it depends on a lot of things that full casters depend on.

I don't think the issue is abilities. The issue is high-level powers. A bard has a better 5th-level spell selection than a psychic warrior. The psychic warrior needs access to more psion powers. Metamorphosis, psionic revivify, reddopsi, psionic flight, psychoport (self only), schism, power resistance (self only), pierce the veils. Most of these powers are available through Expanded Knowledge or research (with the GM's permission), but the psychic warrior could really use them on its power list to make things better at high levels.

bobthe6th
2012-12-12, 09:49 PM
Later classes fixed this a bit... the T3 casters for one have something unique at most levels...

As for ideas, perhapce something along the lines of the duskblade? give some metamagic for free x/day, and perhaps some reserve feat like things?