PDA

View Full Version : StickTales: A Christmas Carol

Gift Jeraff
2012-12-11, 09:33 PM
Seeing as how it's the holiday season and all, let's discuss who would be play the part of the characters in a hypothetical Christmas Carol adaptation (as if the world needed another one). Here's my version:

Scrooge: Haley
Bob Cratchit: Roy
Tiny Tim: Elan ("Banjo bless us, everyone!")
Jacob Marley: Eugene
Ghost of Christmas Past: Vaarsuvius
Ghost of Christmas Present: thog or :mitd:
Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come: Xykon or Sabine
Fred: Durkon
Peter Cratchit: Belkar
Mrs. Cratchit: Celia
Portly Gentlemen: The Flumphs

Tebryn
2012-12-11, 09:49 PM
Scrooge really should be Redcloak.

Redgoblin
2012-12-11, 10:41 PM

Which would make Right Eye Jacob Marley. I like it :smallsmile:.

MoonCat
2012-12-12, 01:25 AM
Vaarsuvius is Scrooge, and the tale is subverted by V not getting a change of heart. ^.^

Scowling Dragon
2012-12-12, 06:27 AM

Your right. This would be PERFECT.

Incom
2012-12-12, 09:48 AM
Seeing as how it's the holiday season and all, let's discuss who would be play the part of the characters in a hypothetical Christmas Carol adaptation (as if the world needed another one).

Scrooge is Miko guys. I mean, their motivations are different, but the results are pretty similar.

Marley can be Soon Kim, the ghosts are played by other paladins, Cratchit et.al. are OOTS members.

Bagger Baggins
2012-12-12, 10:49 AM
I love it.

I want Xykon to play Scrooge, though. Redcloak is Bob Cratchit, and the MITD is Tiny Tim, who is tragically incapable of remembering the Gates or catching the nuances of anything anybody says to him.

The story takes place in Azure City, shortly after it has become Gobbotopia.

The night before Christmas Xykon is visited by Ghost Roy, but he doesn't really remember who Roy is or why he seems so angry. Roy gets really cheesed off and tells Xykon he will be visited by three spirits. Xykon says "whatever."

The Ghost of Christmas Past is Elan, who reminds Xykon of a time when everyone followed the narrative conventions and both heroes and villains were contented and satisfied in their respective story roles.

The Ghost of Christmas Present is Vaarsuvius, who tells Xykon that he has gotten too powerful, and reminds him of his present existence, bored and near-omnipotent, surrounded by idiots and with no heroes strong enough to really challenge him.

The Ghost of Christmas Future is Belkar, who shows Xykon a tragic world where he has triumphed, and has killed all the good guys and also anybody else who has ever irritated him (which includes most of the population). Belkar points out to Xykon that the power to cause great and pointless suffering is worthless without someone to make suffer.

Xykon awakes with a horrified start, and immediately kicks Redcloak and the hobgoblins out, restores the city to the Sapphire Guard, helps the Order of the Stick get back together and get whatsisname resurrected, then abandons his quest for the Gates and goes instead on a quest to restore his life, humanity, and health so he can go back to being merely a happy, fulfilled master villain, spreading pain and misery in smaller, more easily contained areas. He hooks up with Tarquin, who gives him some pointers in enjoying continent-class but not world-class villainy, and they become fast friends.

Haley, while Xykon was distracted by all this, has stolen Serini's diary and Xykon's crown and phylactery.

Durkon, meanwhile, has taken the MITD under his wing, and has taught him to say "Thor bless us, every one."

LuPuWei
2012-12-17, 02:51 AM
Seeing as how it's the holiday season and all, let's discuss who would be play the part of the characters in a hypothetical Christmas Carol adaptation (as if the world needed another one). Here's my version:

Scrooge: Haley
Bob Cratchit: Roy
Tiny Tim: Elan ("Banjo bless us, everyone!")
Jacob Marley: Eugene
Ghost of Christmas Past: Vaarsuvius
Ghost of Christmas Present: thog or :mitd:
Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come: Xykon or Sabine
Fred: Durkon
Peter Cratchit: Belkar
Mrs. Cratchit: Celia
Portly Gentlemen: The Flumphs

A version of the Christmas Carol where Scrooge does Tiny Tim? :smalleek:

Bagger Baggins
2012-12-17, 06:44 AM
A version of the Christmas Carol where Scrooge does Tiny Tim? :smalleek:

Oh, man, now I'm not going to be able to get that out of my head. Thanks a lot.

Unisus
2012-12-17, 04:54 PM
I love it.

I want Xykon to play Scrooge, though. Redcloak is Bob Cratchit, and the MITD is Tiny Tim, who is tragically incapable of remembering the Gates or catching the nuances of anything anybody says to him.

Durkon, meanwhile, has taken the MITD under his wing, and has taught him to say "Thor bless us, every one."

hey, this really sounds good. I mean, there are some points i do not like that much, but the main course looks very promising.

The big problem with "A Christmas Carol" in OotS-verse is that there is no Christmas there. So you can not just take the original and exchange the characters. But this version has something that makes me want to see it become real ;)

Bagger Baggins
2012-12-17, 11:29 PM
hey, this really sounds good. I mean, there are some points i do not like that much, but the main course looks very promising.

Thank you, Unisus, and that means a lot. How would you suggest improving it?

Unisus
2012-12-18, 06:22 AM
Xykon awakes with a horrified start, and immediately kicks Redcloak and the hobgoblins out, restores the city to the Sapphire Guard, helps the Order of the Stick get back together and get whatsisname resurrected, then abandons his quest for the Gates and goes instead on a quest to restore his life, humanity, and health so he can go back to being merely a happy, fulfilled master villain, spreading pain and misery in smaller, more easily contained areas. He hooks up with Tarquin, who gives him some pointers in enjoying continent-class but not world-class villainy, and they become fast friends.

Haley, while Xykon was distracted by all this, has stolen Serini's diary and Xykon's crown and phylactery.

In my opinion this outcome is to extreme - and it would be totally Xykon-like to call Redcloak, tell him, that he would become more reasonable and so on, no mindless killing anymore - just to break out in loughter right after that. After all, he is Xykon.

fergo
2012-12-18, 08:12 AM
Bagger Baggins, your version made me laugh; best ideas on the thread :smallbiggrin:.

Since you asked, the only way I would change it is the end... having the change of heart subverted in some way would be more funny.

Bagger Baggins
2012-12-18, 10:53 AM
In my opinion this outcome is to extreme - and it would be totally Xykon-like to call Redcloak, tell him, that he would become more reasonable and so on, no mindless killing anymore - just to break out in loughter right after that. After all, he is Xykon.

Thanks, Unisus and Fergo (and Fergo, LOVE the Harry Flashman avatar), and I think I agree. Pretty much how Unisus describes it: Xykon confronts Redcloak, tells him of his plans, then, when Redcloak reacts in stunned shock, Xykon bursts out laughing, "You should have seen the look on your face," nicely paralleling when Redcloak did the same thing to HIM regarding sacrificing minions a few hundred strips back.

I'm not sure how Mr. Dickens would feel about it, though....

Jay R
2012-12-18, 11:06 AM
Based on the roles he played in the stories in Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales, Belkar would be the prize turkey that Scrooge has sent to the Cratchit's home on Christmas morning.