PDA

View Full Version : How to get access to more spells as a PF cleric

Hirax
2012-12-12, 01:41 AM
I'm a cleric in PF. I want to be able to cast burning hands several times a day, but it's only available as a domain spell. What are my options for casting it more often? Magic mart access isn't likely, feat based options are preferable. PF only, not limited to core, no 3rd party.

Psyren
2012-12-12, 02:40 AM
The Theologian archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/theologian) can prepare domain spells in your non-domain slots. The downside is that you only get to choose one domain, but this is still the go-to option for a "caster cleric."

Otherwise, you can be a caster druid instead, they get quite a bit of blasting themselves.

AttilaTheGeek
2012-12-12, 06:38 AM
Another option is to take a 3- or 4-level dip in Wizard or Sorcerer and then take Mystic Theurge to progress both your casting classes at the same time.

Corlindale
2012-12-12, 07:06 AM
If you can get it as a domain spell, either Greater Spell Specialization or Preferred Spell should work.

Levels in Pathfinder Savant would also work, but that's a bit harder to accomplish, and Burning Hands will probably be obsolete by the time you can get it (then again, Burning Hands is almost obsolete by level 1).