PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Journal: Introduction to 3.5 D&D

TroubleBrewing
2012-12-12, 02:49 AM
Greetings, Playground!

Starting tomorrow, I'll be beginning a 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons game with mostly new players. I've been playing for close to a decade, but these players are new to the game. They all have extensive experience with other games, including nWoD, CoC, and 7th Sea.

As it is their first foray into classic high fantasy gaming, I'll be sticking to classic tropes, archetypes, and adventure hooks. However, to make things interesting for the veteran players, I've decided to start the game at 3rd level, rather than 1st. My plan is to chronicle their adventures here, for the scrutiny of fellow players and DMs.

The party consists of the following:

Ateg the Furious: CE Desert Kobold Binder 3. His player and I played our first game together almost 8 years ago, and he's been a part of well over half my games. He's decided to tank for the party, primarily binding Savnok. Ateg's tribe was killed off by adventurers, and he was raised by Giants. He believes himself to be a very, very small Giant. His long-term goal is to kill a god, and subsequently bind it.

Reynald the Bold: N Arctic Human Warblade 3. Reynald's player has played 3.5 a handful of times, including several of my campaigns, but he has extensive experience with other systems. Reynald is from the beyond the frozen wastes of the north, and adventures to see the world.

(As yet unnamed): NG Dwarven Cloistered Cleric 3. Her main ability is the Knowledge Devotion, Collector of Stories, and Cloistered Cleric combo. She's the party Pokedex. New to 3.5.

(As yet unnamed): CG Magic-blooded Hellbred Sorcerer 3. Focused mainly on battlefield control, his player is probably one of the the smarter guys at the table. New to 3.5.

(As yet unnamed): CG Strongheart Halfling Unarmed Swordsage 3. Loves the idea of being a child-sized dude throwing people around with Setting Sun maneuvers. New to 3.5.

I'll post the results of their first adventure tomorrow night!