PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmm Brains. Illithid Savant Optimization

AWiz_Abroad
2012-12-12, 12:07 PM
Hey Guys,

Building characters amuses me, and keeps me out of trouble. I'm wanting to try an idea thats been rattling around my head, namely a good aligned Illithid Savant(Savage Species) highly optimized for grappling/eating.

Is this possible, and given an ECL31, whats the most optimized we can make it?

If you're not starting as an illithid, assume that an Intelligence over 19 + Enlarge Person + Polymorph Any Object will qualify as an Illithid for the class.

Rubik
2012-12-12, 03:01 PM
Hey Guys,

Building characters amuses me, and keeps me out of trouble. I'm wanting to try an idea thats been rattling around my head, namely a good aligned Illithid Savant(Savage Species) highly optimized for grappling/eating.

Is this possible, and given an ECL31, whats the most optimized we can make it?

If you're not starting as an illithid, assume that an Intelligence over 19 + Enlarge Person + Polymorph Any Object will qualify as an Illithid for the class.Society mind 20/illithid savant 10/epic savant 1 who eats the brains of some erudites for spell-to-power and the learning mechanic, along with a metamind for font of power and the Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) feat to turn your manifesting into a supernatural ability where your ML = your HD and you completely ignore SR/PR.

Also, with Extra Spell, Expanded Knowledge, and the ability to create power stones, you have every spell and psionic power in the entire game if you want them.

Snowbluff
2012-12-12, 03:36 PM
If you can eat a Swiftblade9 for the Extra Standard. A Druid for their Wildshape could be handy if you don't want to Shapechange.

docnessuno
2012-12-12, 05:05 PM
Any LA+0 race without with a maximum of -2 int penality.
Anything 10 / Illithid Savant 10 / Epic Illithid Savant 11

Seriosuly, just eat the brain of an epic archivist, wizard and psion. Then hide from the books being thrown at you.

mattie_p
2012-12-12, 05:07 PM
Umm, the best use of eating brains from the illithid savant class is eating more illithid savants. Tasty

Spuddles
2012-12-12, 07:04 PM
Any LA+0 race without with a maximum of -2 int penality.
Anything 10 / Illithid Savant 10 / Epic Illithid Savant 11

Seriosuly, just eat the brain of an epic archivist, wizard and psion. Then hide from the books being thrown at you.

One does not simply "just eat the brain of an epic wizard"

docnessuno
2012-12-12, 07:07 PM
Someone with the most powerful class in the game? He does.
I think we can assume he can pull off CR -10 encounters without much trouble.
Even a commoner 31 could do it by virtue of lvl 31 WBL alone.

Slipperychicken
2012-12-12, 07:19 PM
Maybe someone can cast Summon Emperor Tippy. Half his posts start with something like "Be an Xth level Illithid Savant. Eat the brains of one Vecna-Blooded creature every day for 30 days..."

So he's probably the guy to go to.

Kazyan
2012-12-12, 07:30 PM
Maybe someone can cast Summon Emperor Tippy. Half his posts start with something like "Be an Xth level Illithid Savant. Eat the brains of one Vecna-Blooded creature every day for 30 days..."

So he's probably the guy to go to.

Nah, the material component of that spell is a Mindraped Ice Assassin of a Rudimentary Intelligence Shadesteel Golem with a Craft Contingent Shapechange on it. Not worth the trouble.

mattie_p
2012-12-12, 07:34 PM
Nah, the material component of that spell is a Mindraped Ice Assassin of a Rudimentary Intelligence Shadesteel Golem with a Craft Contingent Shapechange on it. Not worth the trouble.

This needs to be a signature. If no one else claims it, may I?

Kazyan
2012-12-12, 07:37 PM
This needs to be a signature. If no one else claims it, may I?

You can absolutely have it. :smallbiggrin:

mattie_p
2012-12-12, 07:42 PM
You can absolutely have it. :smallbiggrin:

Thanks, because that is totally Emperor Tippy. But not really. Although it is.

nedz
2012-12-12, 07:48 PM
Just eat a Sarrukh /thread

Toy Killer
2012-12-12, 07:49 PM

So... it's only castable by 3rd level wizard, or higher then?

Spuddles
2012-12-12, 07:55 PM
Someone with the most powerful class in the game? He does.
I think we can assume he can pull off CR -10 encounters without much trouble.
Even a commoner 31 could do it by virtue of lvl 31 WBL alone.

The most powerful class feature that works once and is only as powerful as the creature you can defeat with it.

Also, WBL fails vs epic magic.