PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Grandpre Academy (OOC)



Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dekkah
2012-12-22, 09:16 PM
If you decide to move to the next room, I'd like an explanation on how you proceed and who will go in first... not that it is dangerous or anything :smallamused:

Dekkah
2012-12-23, 02:10 PM
Leewei : I guess you mean to use a grappling hook, climb into the hole, and lower a rope on the other side to climb down?
And I assume you go in first... right?

I dont know If I'll have much time to reply until the 26th, but that is what I will do by default when I have time to reply after the 26th.


Happy Xmas to you all If I dont have an other chance to reply for the next few days.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-23, 03:50 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone! (well, not yet, but yknow, when it comes)

Leewei
2012-12-23, 08:02 PM
Leewei : I guess you mean to use a grappling hook, climb into the hole, and lower a rope on the other side to climb down?
And I assume you go in first... right?

I dont know If I'll have much time to reply until the 26th, but that is what I will do by default when I have time to reply after the 26th.


Happy Xmas to you all If I dont have an other chance to reply for the next few days.

Bol was mainly thinking about Ace's offer to conjure a stairway. If reasonable to do so, he'd scramble and jump to the opposite stairway, then get a running start and jump across the 15' room.

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-23, 08:11 PM
He conjures a stairway in name only. It would allow Ace and Bole to each fly Speed + 2 squares.

Leewei
2012-12-23, 11:11 PM
I like Ace's fluff. Is the power a daily or Encounter power? If a daily, Bol will try getting a running start from the stairway on the opposite end of the chamber. I figure it's a DC 10 climb to reach it (it's in reach of the steep floor), then a DC15 jump to hit the opposite side of the chamber (back up, then run 10' down the stairs before jumping).

Assuming these are what are actually required, here's the DC15 Athletics roll (armor in versatile mode): [roll0]. Bol can then haul others up on a rope as needed.

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-23, 11:18 PM
It's an encounter power and a standard action; so it's not really combat viable, so feel free to use it now.

Leewei
2012-12-24, 12:50 AM
Sure, let's do.

Dekkah
2012-12-24, 08:20 AM
Leewei : Since both you and Ace fly into the hole (and Ace stop to secure the rope), does Bolerum keep fly in and down onto the floor (Y'oud have enough fly speed left for that) or do he land a top into the hole (there is place for 2 squeezing).

Leewei
2012-12-24, 11:50 AM
Passive perception: 13.

Unless Bol sees an obvious reason not to go down, he will (there needs to be space on the ledge for the others).

Dekkah
2012-12-27, 06:01 PM
Look like Ace will need to stay back if combat happens :smallamused:

So, are you heading to your doom?

Dekkah
2012-12-27, 06:02 PM
Look like Ace will need to stay back if combat happens :smallamused:

So, are you heading in to your doom?:smalltongue:

Gillric
2012-12-27, 06:06 PM
what the devil, this does not bode well

Leewei
2012-12-27, 11:59 PM
Checking in but saying nothing one way or the other about the PCs' decision.

Leewei
2012-12-28, 09:01 PM
Now that we're together again, here's a suggestion -- trackers can often identify creatures from their scat. Anyone trained in Nature?

NotScaryBats
2012-12-29, 12:42 AM
lol good idea, but I'm not very well-versed in nature.

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-29, 01:34 AM
Ace may have led a nomadic early life, but he's still a city slicker through and through. Not an ounce of Nature points in him. Ashe's an Elf with WIS primary; his ought at least be decent.

Dekkah
2012-12-29, 08:34 AM
Just letting you know that I wont have time to reply today (I am having a full day roleplay game (PNP).

Gillric
2012-12-29, 08:37 AM
sure, why not
Nature: [roll0]
Endurance" [roll1]

Dekkah
2012-12-31, 09:08 AM
Does one of you use a regular torch or you all have everburning?

If you have a regular torch, you'll note that its light radius his halved (non-magical light source are halved)

Gillric
2012-12-31, 02:11 PM
Ashe has an everburning torch as well as his weapon can emit light

Dekkah
2012-12-31, 02:17 PM
If you look at the monster poop, you can roll an arcana check with +2 (because of informations Ashe gave you).

Shadow_Elf
2012-12-31, 02:20 PM
Ace: [roll0] incl. +2 bonus from Ashe's Nature check.

Dekkah
2013-01-01, 10:19 AM
Happy new year guys.

I dont think I'll have much time to move thing until the 3rd, but i'll reply to you if you act.

On the 3rd, I'll move thing forward.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-01, 08:23 PM
Happy New Year!
Its been a busy time <3

Gillric
2013-01-01, 09:19 PM
Happy New Year All

Leewei
2013-01-01, 11:12 PM
Happy New Year to you all!

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 10:27 AM
Preparing the next scene now, can you roll your initiative please...

Gillric
2013-01-03, 10:43 AM
[roll0] <-- Initiative

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 11:01 AM
Ok... that is impressive :smalleek:

Leewei
2013-01-03, 11:33 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Edit: Hot dice!

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 11:40 AM
Ok, I moved thing forward.

This start a new encounter.

Ashe High perception let him play in the surprise round (check your private thread).

You play first as well (keep in mind that this is a surprise round = 1 Standard action only)

Before you ask, yes you can walk on the desk (Count as difficult terrain, unless you jump on it (it is 3 feet high - check jump rule)


I still give everyone some more time to roll ini (after I am ready to reply to AShe turn and start first round, where I'll roll it if you havent)

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 11:41 AM
:smallwink:Ok, you guys want to play first... good lord...

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 12:25 PM
Monique ini [roll0]
Ace ini [roll1]


This include Bolerum new helm bonus.

Ashe, not that it really matter, but did you think about the helm bonus?

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 12:46 PM
Ok, those without low-light/darkvision, keep in mind that all light source are doused by the hound aura... so enemies have concealment.


I just added pictures of the enemies to the lastest reply (for those who already read it).


It is Ashe turn.

Gillric
2013-01-03, 01:03 PM
Monique ini [roll0]
Ace ini [roll1]


This include Bolerum new helm bonus.

Ashe, not that it really matter, but did you think about the helm bonus?

Yep, counted it

Leewei
2013-01-03, 01:36 PM
Heh. I didn't. 25 for Bol's initiative.

Gillric
2013-01-03, 02:10 PM
Crit Damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 02:16 PM
Ouch....
That bloody DC3 (you nearly cut off his leg lol)

It is Bolerum's turn.(check out where Ashe moved and pulled his target)

Gillric
2013-01-03, 02:17 PM
as long as DC3 is bloodied, all my defenses are 1 higher

Leewei
2013-01-03, 02:24 PM
Natural 2 on attack. d20s are being very binary.

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 02:46 PM
Leewei : To get to M2, you will trigger an Oa either from DC3 or SH1 (depends where you move exactly).
Which one can hit you?

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 02:54 PM
Opss.... rolled in the wrong thread...
Oa on Bol [roll0] [roll1]

SH1 on Bol [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]
SH2 on Ashe [roll5] [roll6]

DC1 [roll7] [roll8] [roll9]
DC2 [roll10]
DC3 [roll11] [roll12] [roll13]
DC4 [roll14]
DC5 [roll15]
DC6 [roll16]

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 03:26 PM
It is Ace turn (then Moniques).

Am I right to assume you have 23 Ac right now Gillric?

You had 21 before gaining the armor (so now 22.... 23 with the bloodied oath creature... right?)


Bolerum : No need to reply... the OA is a miss anyway.

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 03:28 PM
Lol, in my haste posting I rolled in the wrong thread ... I guess you can guess who is a minion and who isnt now lol. :smallredface:

Gillric
2013-01-03, 03:29 PM
when DC3 ends its turn, I trigger righteous pursuit to shift to N2.

armor: yes, 23 AC

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 03:36 PM
OK, will correct the map once home (leaving now)

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 03:39 PM
It will also change DC 5 position (he will move 6 to O3 - not use his special move and attack Ashe anyway)

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-03, 04:20 PM
Ace gets +1 AC from rolling even on his first sorcerer attack roll. There's a crit in there, but it might be on a minion; do I need to bother with my bonuses for crit?

Too bad I missed Evil Eye; could have burned the Hound's next turn with that by just having Ashe shift away on his turn.

Chaos Soul for the Day: [roll0] - Cold Resist + Cold Resist Piercing

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 04:49 PM
Ace miss with his vistasini eye.
Ace hit all the enemies with other power (Kill all the DC)

This trigger DC free power :

Killing Dark (when reduced to 0 hit points)
Close burst 1; targets enemies; each target is blinded (save ends). When slain, a dark creeper explodes in a spout of darkness



Ashe is blinded.


Here is the new map.
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3315/stower2.jpg


It is Monique turn.

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 08:44 PM
Weird I thought I'd said it in my previous post. :smallconfused:

It is Monique turn. :smallbiggrin:

NotScaryBats
2013-01-03, 09:48 PM
wah wah, my streak of crappy attack rolls continuees <3

Dekkah
2013-01-03, 09:56 PM
Moniue Miss

Pull, push and slide are the person who do the power responsability (so you should be the one choosing where you slide Ashe Psiclone).
Of course, I have no objection in roleplay that someone ask to be slide beforehand or even the character asking the others if they want to be slid... but you cannot simply let Ashe choose where he want to go himself.:smallwink:

To help you decide. know that Ashe need to have only his oath target adjacent to him to benefit from it (he will be able to oath anyone since his oath died from Ace attack). So the best you can do is slide him somewhere where he can freely shift or move to position himself against a single target.

It is ashe turn.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-03, 10:06 PM
Yeah he seems fine where he is, so I'll just not slide him.

Gillric
2013-01-03, 10:26 PM
forgot the save...
[roll0]

Gillric
2013-01-03, 11:16 PM
save number 2
[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 09:44 AM
Gillric : SAdly, you cannot put you oath on the monster because you need to see the target .
Oath of Enmity Avenger Feature

You focus your wrath on a single foe, giving your attacks against
it extraordinary accuracy.
Encounter (Special) ✦ Divine
Minor Action Close burst 10
Target: One enemy you can see in burst

Do you want to do something else with you minor?


Leewei :
TO plant the battle standard, you need to pull it out (draw it = minor)
Do you still wsant to do this (will mean you either dont shift or dont grant the save to Ashe).
You can change you action if you want.

Gillric
2013-01-04, 09:46 AM
twiddle my thumbs

Leewei
2013-01-04, 10:05 AM
Gillric : SAdly, you cannot put you oath on the monster because you need to see the target .
Oath of Enmity Avenger Feature


Do you want to do something else with you minor?


Leewei :
TO plant the battle standard, you need to pull it out (draw it = minor)
Do you still wsant to do this (will mean you either dont shift or dont grant the save to Ashe).
You can change you action if you want.

I'll opt to cancel the shift.

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 10:07 AM
What is you ac right now (including the second wind bonus?))

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 10:37 AM
Leewei : I keep forgetting : Does you second wind power give you the THP as well or is it only to allies? I assume it give them to you... otherwise you are 12 HP lower on the status.


I just updated the map (posted the wrong one at first).

It is Ace turn.

Leewei
2013-01-04, 11:36 AM
THP only to allies. Total AC at the moment is 25.

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 11:42 AM
Ok, will adjust the last Ic post then... SH 1 will miss you... but the 9 damage from DC1 will be taken directly into your HP (you'll be at 44/53)

Gillric
2013-01-04, 11:50 AM
ok, according to the IC post Ashe hit SH1, this means Ashe should be in M0 from the shift from Overwhelming Strike

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 11:56 AM
Special opportunity :

If you wish to have some important modifications or changes that a simple level retraining cannot provide (change class features, or even your class itself) or anything idea you wish for your character to evolve into, you should tell me in your private thread. I mght have an opportunity to weave it in the game soon.

Of course, I do prefer that you keep your character relatively the same, as I am working with your background and puting in some stories, but if something about your character doesnt work as expected or bug you, now is a good time to tell me about it.

Dekkah
2013-01-04, 12:00 PM
Oh right, I correct ed it (it also changed DC 4 movement, but everything remain the same.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-04, 10:38 PM
it'll be cool if iI hit with my attacks.

Dekkah
2013-01-05, 10:26 AM
Ace bounce attacks

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

Dekkah
2013-01-05, 10:32 AM
Bol free MBA [roll]1D10+

Dekkah
2013-01-05, 10:34 AM
broken damage [roll0]

Leewei
2013-01-05, 07:40 PM
Saving Throw vs Blind: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-06, 02:40 PM
Critical Hit! The Dark One is slid 1 Sq north and knocked prone, and takes [roll0] psychic damage total. On top of that it's a bounce to the Shadow Hound and another bounce to the other Dark One, though I suspect the second bounce is very much a miss.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-06, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the virtue of cunning use - that's just what iI would have done.
I am happy that iI can hit again. even with - 3 to my rolls :p

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-06, 03:26 PM
That reminds me, I forgot concealment in my attack rolls. I think the first two are hits anyway, and the third is a miss anyway, so it doesn't really make a difference.

Dekkah
2013-01-06, 03:47 PM
Bol MBA [roll]1D10+

Dekkah
2013-01-06, 03:51 PM
broken damages [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-06, 03:53 PM
Monique : you cannot push SH1 in the square you want becasue ce slid his crit target there.

Anyway, Ashe is blinded and cannot flank anyway... so it doesnt matter .

Still if you want to push it somewhere else, tell me and I'll adjust.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-06, 04:01 PM
oh huh, iI didn't notice he did that. Oh well. iI will downgrade my move to a minor to use my circlet 's enctr power to grant Ashe ca vs the guy ace pushed towards him then. Hopefully that'll help you hit.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-06, 04:03 PM
Not necessary this round, I also knocked him prone. Even blind, Ashe gets CA vs. Prone.

Dekkah
2013-01-06, 04:20 PM
WEll he would, but DOE play before Ashe.. he stood up.

So if monique want to use her power, she still can to boost Ashe.

It is ashe turn.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-06, 04:21 PM
WEll he would, but DOE play before Ashe.. he stood up.

So if monique want to use her power, she still can to boost Ashe.

It is ashe turn.

Oh, sorry, I thought DOE played before Ace, lost track of the enemies. Yes, Monique should use her circlet power to give Ashe a hand on his turn.

Gillric
2013-01-06, 04:23 PM
Ashe's HP should be 7 higher, and the THP should go to 0

Dekkah
2013-01-06, 04:27 PM
Ok, will adjust HP.

I'll also add monique bonus to Ahe (CA).

Dekkah
2013-01-06, 04:32 PM
Added monique bonus IC and corrected Ashe HP (he isnt bloodied after all).

Ashe miss DOE1
Ashe save VS blindness (hurray you can see now)

It is bolerums turn.

Dekkah
2013-01-07, 12:59 PM
Ace hit DOE1 but miss SH1.
I guess you forfgeit move/minor too...??

It is Monique turn (monsters all have concealment)

Dekkah
2013-01-07, 01:33 PM
Gillric, can you do a MBA please.

Gillric
2013-01-07, 01:42 PM
overwhelming Strike
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dekkah
2013-01-07, 01:43 PM
Shadow_elf MBA [roll0]

Shadow : Are you sure about these number?

Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +12 Attack/+9 Damage, Reach 2 (OAs), +9 Attack/+9 Damage (Spells)

MBAs should be based of STR and I kinda doubt that these are right...

Dekkah
2013-01-07, 01:59 PM
I dont know how long it will take Ashe to shake off the blindness, but he will eventually... no need to roll unless it affect what you plan to do.

Dekkah
2013-01-07, 02:00 PM
Is it just me or did this level have gone by pretty quickly.

I guess I did put you throught so tought encoutners... and though encounters are worth lot of XP lol.

Gillric
2013-01-07, 02:08 PM
might as well capture and interrogate

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-07, 02:24 PM
Ace has Dealer's Respect (Can't check the real name right now, but it's on my sheet) which is usable as an MBA like Ashe's Overwhelming Strike.

Leewei
2013-01-08, 05:22 AM
That diabolical warden we just killed may have been holding the undead at bay. This is looking like a Nice Job Breaking It, Hero (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEAQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftvtropes.org%2Fpmwiki%2Fpmwiki.ph p%2FMain%2FNiceJobBreakingItHero&ei=BPPrUMaTCMWRqwHUpoAI&usg=AFQjCNHsNJgN7N2y9saFyZxv_wdZMqtG-g&sig2=whCMM4OVbkTNWIoE6vvtlA&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.aWc).

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 02:52 PM
BTW, everyone but Monique (she already did) can do an history check on Bael Milliar if they want.

Leewei
2013-01-08, 02:59 PM
Attempting to metaphorically ice skate uphill (History check): [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 03:00 PM
I wont bother to post in your thread Bolerum... you know nothing :smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-08, 03:11 PM
Ace's History check modifier is pretty low... [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 03:27 PM
Those who wants can roll an dongeoneering check.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-08, 03:30 PM
Dungeoneering: [roll0]

Leewei
2013-01-08, 05:24 PM
Dungeoneering it is. [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-08, 09:42 PM
I am sorry if it become a little out of order here (I guess that the animation of the holy symbol\crawl into Bolerum sleeve would probably all would had resolved before Ashe started speaking with himself), but this is one of the danger of PBP since we post multiples action at the same time.

But it should be ok, but if you get confused by something , tell me and I'll clarify it.

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 12:21 PM
Ok, I finaly caught up with everyone posts I think.
I f I missed any of your posts questions, tell me so I correct it, otherwise I am up to date lol.

There is just a lot happening at once in that place :smallsmile:

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-09, 12:24 PM
Like Ashe, Ace doesn't particularly want to go over big character development passages in the company of this NPC. Any chance we can high-tail it back to the sideways tower and get back to killing orcs and goblins?

Gillric
2013-01-09, 12:32 PM
I have more things that I haven't shared in front of the NPC that I would like to resolve before leaving, lol. Will share it IC as soon as we can ditch him.

Gillric
2013-01-09, 12:44 PM
also, what do we get as a bonus on our surges during the short rest? Song of Rest plus the Banner which adds up to....

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 12:48 PM
Monique give +4 for each surges.

The flag give you all 1 HP on each surge someone spend.


And you can assume the Dark one pick up his weapon and leave if you dont stop him now that Ace dismissed him ('ill add this into my last Ic post.

ashe will hear him walk upstair, then manipulate something then move north and he wont hear him again.

Gillric
2013-01-09, 12:56 PM
Ashe will spend 2 surges, I think that will get me to full with the bonuses. This will bring everyone else up by 2 HP.

Ashe: 49/49
Bolerum: 14/53
Monique: 44/44
Ace: 23/42

If Bolerum takes a heal from Monique during the rest, he would gain 22 (36/53) and then if he spends a second surge for 18 to bring him up to 53/53.

This would bring Ace to 25 and he could take the other heal for 19 to put him at 42/42.

How does that sound to everyone?

Leewei
2013-01-09, 01:01 PM
That'd work. Bol could also Lay on Hands to save his last surge.

Gillric
2013-01-09, 01:03 PM
Ok, so Bole would end up spending three plus a use of lay on hands to get Ace to full without using Ace's only surge?

Leewei
2013-01-09, 01:06 PM
Sure. That last surge would work better with a potion or Monique's healing.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-09, 01:21 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the Lay on Hands. Much obliged.

Sorry for the big ol' wall of text, but I had time on my hands and I wanted to do it all at once. Won't have computer access again until later tonight because of work, will roll history checks etc. (or dekkah can do it for me in advance to keep the game moving if he likes) when I get back tonight.

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 01:52 PM
This is the week of story and character evolution lol.

Dekkah
2013-01-09, 03:37 PM
I am in no real hurry to move on (I know I've given you a lot to disgest right now lol), so take your time talking this out .

When you are ready to move on (where ever that on is), I'd like you to tell me (IC is even better) where you go.

Leewei
2013-01-09, 03:42 PM
Not that Bol would ever suggest this, but we have an army of goblins and a city of undead. Think the two problems might sort themselves out given the right introduction?

Gillric
2013-01-09, 03:44 PM
I think we should investigate the address on the note first.

As to starting a war, that may have unfortunate consequences. The two sides seem to be keeping each other in check for the moment but we can't guarantee who would win a war if we did start one. If the undead win, the ward can probably keep them from crossing over, but what if the goblins win? Whats to stop them from following us?

Leewei
2013-01-09, 04:18 PM
I think we should investigate the address on the note first.

As to starting a war, that may have unfortunate consequences. The two sides seem to be keeping each other in check for the moment but we can't guarantee who would win a war if we did start one. If the undead win, the ward can probably keep them from crossing over, but what if the goblins win? Whats to stop them from following us?

I can imagine all kinds of disastrous consequences, actually. The best case scenario is mutual annihilation with us mopping up the leftovers. The worst case scenario is that one of the armies has leadership that severely outclasses or even outranks the other. Another potential disaster is if each group knows half of what they need to master the chest we're seeking, or whatever it is that they're after.

The notion of setting them upon each other still is good for a laugh, though. :smallamused:

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-09, 09:54 PM
I don't think we want to provoke a vampire lord to beat a goblin king. I'd rather just deal with the latter ourselves.

Man, Dekkah and his riddles. So cryptic. Good think I have Augury to help unravel this eventually.

Leewei
2013-01-09, 10:34 PM
After the twin shooting stars descent...
After the twin shooting stars descent
The Westernlands healer will appear
Left on the shore by Melora's hand
He will purify the land
And prevent final destruction

As far as I can tell, this hasn't happened yet.


The honor of the forest people,...
The honor of the forest people,
Taken by the killing shadows
Is avenged by its future
Right now in what is his past.
The chosen one will thus save the heritage
Before it is completly lost .

This looks a lot like Ashe's story.

The reign of the oak fruit tyrant will be stopped by a masked eye, in the year ...
The reign of the oak fruit tyrant will be stopped by a masked eye, in the year when the time is pierced by the stormy sea. Helped by faceless, traveler, strength and forest descendants, the masked eye will take his rightful place.

Faceless: Monique (i.e. changeling)
Traveler: Ace (Vistani)
Strength: Bol (not very bright but can lift heavy things)
Forest: Ashe (Elf)

Masked Eye: Unknown as of yet.

The battlelord disciple will reach the city of light in the year of the storms. The battlelord disciple will reach the city of light in the year of the storms.
His brass blood will be the key of the survivor of the time, sending his enemies to the heavens.

Battlelord disciple: Sounds like a powerful follower of Kord -- maybe Bol himself after he gets a bit more seasoned. Time will tell.


The sun will shine upon the desert of a fallen king...
The sun will shine upon the desert of a fallen king. The saviors will surface through the unbidden flow of the dunes. They will thus vanquish the great snake, giving up on a few to save many.

Maybe literally a great snake -- or perhaps the Snake Clan.


At winter's Soltice, Magdebourg tyran twill be overcome in his own lair.
At winter's Soltice, Magdebourg tyran twill be overcome in his own lair. Defied by warrior of an other time, his soul will be put to final rest that was overdue.

This may well refer to the lord of the shadowlands city where we're camped out. From the sound of things, he may have met a fate similar to the guardian we just killed.


The queen city of the westernlands...
The queen city of the westernlands, destroyed and rebuilt so many times, will see the masked eye ascension after it darkest time. Taken in hand of mens of vision, the masked eye will bring benefaction until its next corruption.

Queen City: Magdebourg?
Masked Eye: Erm, the Vistani? Ace?


As the world shake and eat him up...
As the world shake and eat him up, the battlelord disciple will meet his destiny, joining up with the brass lord son.

Battlelord Disciple: Bol (maybe)
Brass Lord's Son: Greenbane?


The rest
In the time when the high winds will blow into the dwarven peeks, the sea son will bring destruction to the shores. In those darks times, many will loose their will and will submit to whoever will give them protection.


The end of the eyes fate will come with the undead demon forces fall. Many will be lost to stop this scourge of life.

Grim stuff ahead for all.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-09, 11:04 PM
The traveler might have been Jieung.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 09:23 AM
I don't think we want to provoke a vampire lord to beat a goblin king. I'd rather just deal with the latter ourselves.

Man, Dekkah and his riddles. So cryptic. Good think I have Augury to help unravel this eventually.

Muhahahahha:smallamused:

Note that I rarely use riddles on mandatory stuff, so if you dont like it, you can always completly overlook it :smalltongue:

I am pretty sure I gave enough clues to give you an idea what you have/can do and gently orient you where I want you... and if you go somewhere else.. you wont even notice anyway as I will make it happen...I am a manipulative bastard after all :smallamused:

Gillric
2013-01-10, 09:47 AM
so, any ideas for that address guys? or do you think that could be the location of what we are supposed to pick up in the crypt?

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-10, 11:27 AM
Oh, that's definitely an address in the Pelorite crypt. Bill Foan gave Antoine a similar one in the psychic message he imbued into the book, where Antoine can find Bill's familiar, Jorge.

EDIT: Damn, it is weird not calling him Ace. That will take some getting used to.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 12:40 PM
It is fun to see your interpretation of the prophecies Leewei.:smallsmile:

I will use your editing/notes when I add them in the first OOC post for futur references.
I actually have a lot to add there from this week... will do when I have time.


Now for what comes next.

Shadow suggested that you should return to the material world (how do you do that by the way?) and go back to the Pelor temple see the guardian.

Is everyone ok with that or do you have other ideas/plans?

And do I move thing now or you have other stuff to talk about/share and try where you are.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-10, 12:43 PM
We should look at Bill's journal and roll history on the cloth Ashe found. And maybe another for Acorn heraldry. Also, we might want to take a quick look upstairs.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 01:04 PM
Ok, well for instantaneous identification of the acorn (or a quick read of bill journal), those who havent done those rolls can rolll history.


If you already did them, for the acorn, you'd need to have a logical reason to earn the right to roll again (like take at least half an hour to check throught the history book you carry with you).

Bill journal, beside a quick read you can do once (history check), require 8 hours to read. I've divided the information from it in 8 Though, so you can read it one hour at a time (you can even choose to read it from the end or the start).

I'll post Ic the exploration of the next level as soon as possible.

Gillric
2013-01-10, 01:08 PM
Second Ace's Suggestion (I may or may not recall to use Antoine)

Gillric
2013-01-10, 01:11 PM
I dont know if I have rolled for the acorn or not?

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 01:40 PM
The roll on the Drapery is actually for the acorn (to identify the scene/heraldry). So yes you did.

I think one other person rolled on it, not sure though.... there have been quite a lot of rolls done in the last few days lol.

In case of doubt, check your personnal thread. I usually mention what the roll result is for when I post a result.

Beside, if you take some time to use your book to help your roll, you have a right to roll on everything once again, as you have some other source that may yeild information.

That is up to you, and if you wanna do that right there (in the shadowfell) or somewhere else - precise where if you do lol).

Here is a list of what you can roll on (there is plenty of other things you may want to roll for, but these are what stick out of your finding) :


Dol Dorn book (Religion, can also be read in about 8 hours)

Magdebourg log (History(quick reading only), can also be read in 8 hours for detailed informations)

Prophecy book (you've read it and identified what it is, but you can use skills on precise stuff in it if you want, but you have to precise what exactly, this is meant to make your brains works to figure it out if you want to peirce it :smalltongue:)

Soul Stones (Arcana and History)

Bolerums new holy symbol/tatoo (Religion and Nature)

Drapery (History)

Magic circles bellow (portal and ward) (Arcana)

Shadowfell (Arcana)

Beal Milliar (History)

Bill Foan/Gill Mornila (History)

I'll add that to use the book to roll again (once per subject ), you have the right of two rolls per hour each (you have to choose what you want or spend a lot of time searching lol).

Note that if you did not took one of these roll yet, you may do them as you please, they all are in the open.

Gillric
2013-01-10, 02:28 PM
Ashe is going to read the Dol Dorn book when we have a chance, would prefer to be out of the Shadowfell first though.

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 03:12 PM
I'd like to know who takes what in the items you've found (3 Books, Drapery and 2 soul stones).

I did not tell, but the fur blanket that was protecting these is normal (not magical)

Gillric
2013-01-10, 03:44 PM
Ashe is taking the Dol Dorn book, the Drapery, and at least one of the soul stones (so I can talk to Sel-than)

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-10, 04:25 PM
Are both stones bound to Sel-than, or is one for someone else? Monique can keep Bill's journal for now, if she thinks she can read while she walks, but Antoine will keep the book of predictions, putting it in his bag of holding with the rest of the party's library. I figure we should keep all the books and other documents we collect in one bag, with loot being in the other. We can build or buy more bags if we need more books or loot or some other category of thing to sort.

Gillric
2013-01-10, 04:51 PM
the stones aren't directly tied to him at all. Just being in position of one allows Ashe to see and communicate with him as his spirit has been travelling with us since we freed him from that Bane temple

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-10, 04:55 PM
Oh, so any of us (say, Monique, since she's such an avid historian and would certainly love to speak with him, no doubt) could hold one of the stones to speak with him as well?

Gillric
2013-01-10, 04:58 PM
That I don't know, since he is tied to Ashe and not the stone it is hard to say if that would work or not

Dekkah
2013-01-10, 04:59 PM
When you try, none of you can see him while holding the stones (except Ashe of course).
Maybe you should question Ashe sanity.....:smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Gillric
2013-01-10, 05:01 PM
I sorta figured that would happen as he is tied directly to Ashe through the whole life quest thing

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 08:03 AM
Ok, Gillric (OOC) and Psi (IC) supported Shadow elf plant o return to pelor temple... I'll move things forward when I have some time. (you still have some time to speak up if you have something else you wanna suggest Leewei)

Leewei
2013-01-11, 08:18 AM
I can't think of a good alternative.

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 08:54 AM
I took a few decisions (Like using Antoine flight power).

Normaly, I would had let the players discuss out how they get across, decide how and in what order, have to remember themselves that they would fall going throught, etc. I would have gone further if Antione did not get white eyes again :smalltongue:

That is fine in PNP as this kind of discussion takes about a minute to resolve, but in PBP it would take a day, if not more. So I decided to resolve meaningless things like those myself for you, as you have all those informations anyway and this scene is only a minor thing. I feel it is better getting narated so the game move to scene more worth develloping and roleplay. If anyone of you would had prefered to really play these kind of secondary scene rather than me narate them, tell me. With majority I'll do those .

Also, I will keep narating up to your intended goal, so if you have some special ideas on the way there tell me before hand :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 08:55 AM
I am giving Shadow a chance to say something, then I'll move forward unless it orient it toward some discussion that need other replies.

Gillric
2013-01-11, 09:05 AM
To make life easier, Ace (Antoine) can carry monique and Ashe will just walk through and then trigger his amulet to land on his feet on the other side.

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 09:20 AM
Oh, didnt thought about your amulet... me taking decision for you isnt always optimal.. sorry.
I guess this is what you might offer Antoine after he froze up (Lets see his reaction I guess).

Leewei
2013-01-11, 11:38 AM
Battle Standard and bloodies status indicators should probably be removed from the status box. :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 02:28 PM
Ok, seem like your plan will change then or do you still go see the angel?

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-11, 02:31 PM
We can try it, but I don't think it will be productive. Maybe we should return to Bord-Eau and look for this Pelorite woman?

Leewei
2013-01-11, 02:39 PM
Yeah, head back to Bord-Eau, leaving a river of goblin corpses in our path.

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 03:06 PM
Ok then, I'll forward toward Bord-Eau this week-end uinless someone stop me with an Ic or OOC post

I assume you guys push forward to get there as fast as possible, so with the travel and rest time you guys will have 3 hours of free time per day and it will take 3 days of travel to get to Bordeau (no real obstacle that I plan to roleplay - will narate) ... giving you 9 hours to do free personnal stuff.

Here is what I assume (correct me if I am wrong )

Ashe will read Dol Dorn Bible. (8 hours)
Monique will read Magdebourg log. (8 hours)
Antoine will do 3 augury (send question in your thread).

That leave Monique and Ashe with 1 fre hour.
Bolerum and Antoine both have 9 free hours .

How do you use these hours ?

(remember that you can do research in your old book to gain some new rolls on stuff you failed sooner - once only roll per subject per character (meaning you all can reroll on the same thing as I interpret this as your own way to search throught the books and you will find different things there, but after you did you research for that subject, you cant redo it with your private library).

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 03:07 PM
And dont worry Bolerum, I'll take into account your character desire for some goblin slaying :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 03:11 PM
One last thing, remember that you are travelling throught the forest and camp there too :smallbiggrin:

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-11, 03:24 PM
We haven't got any more divinations for Ace to learn... but he'll use his Vistani Seer 1/day free divinations to perform an Object Reading on each of the three books. He'd like to read Bill's journal too, but Monique gets first dibs on time with that. I don't want to roll a bunch of checks on the predictions just yet... I will wait until I have Jorge and he can weigh in a bit. Antoine will meditate a bit, I guess, trying to suppress his Chaos Soul in preparation for his seer training.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 03:31 PM
Monique will give up the book for now, and instead learn Traveler's Chant, if she can -- reducing our travel-based downtime.

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 03:40 PM
Ok then.

Antione read the log and monique learn the ritual.

Psiclone : To master a ritual it should be 8 Uninterrupted hours of study. But i have a simple solution to that. You wil;l in fact spend the 8 hour in the first night (at the cost of sleep) and you will sleep more the two next night (so your trading 5 hours of sleep of your first night for 6 hours of free time that you sleep for the rest of the trip).

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 03:42 PM
that works for me. Monique takes one for the team.

She can cast 1 bard ritual a day with no cost, so can cast Traveler's Chant 1/day for free.

Dekkah
2013-01-11, 03:46 PM
Yep, I'll take into account that you do it on the 2 last days... which will save you some time.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 04:37 PM
Yay <3
that makes me feel useful.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-11, 04:39 PM
Yay <3
that makes me feel useful.

Monique is always useful, don't let yourself ever tell you otherwise :smalltongue:. She keeps us alive in every fight, and grants deadly attacks to Bole and Ashe.

Leewei
2013-01-11, 07:05 PM
Bol will use his extra time to keep the camp secure and watch for self-propelled uncollected goblin ears.

Gillric
2013-01-13, 12:10 PM
just relax for the extra hour I guess for Ashe

Dekkah
2013-01-14, 11:23 AM
Ok, posted Ic most of the travel.

I've stoped there as you have a few more interesting thing to discuss (Goblin horn blower thing and possible what Antione found out)

Once you are done (I'd like to know if your goal is still to get directrly to Bord-Eau or if you go out of your way to seek goblins).

Gillric
2013-01-14, 11:43 AM
I have added the 19 ears and 45 GP to the loot bank. Ashe has nothing to add at this time.

Dekkah
2013-01-14, 12:05 PM
I just added one line to my Ic post that I forgot.

It simply say that a long silence during the night, Ashe pick up horns again far to the south-west during your breakfast (probably an hour away)

Dekkah
2013-01-14, 12:57 PM
Ok, beside giving you time to discuss about stuff you've learn over the 3 days, I need three question answered.

1 : Do you kill the goblin prisoner? Actually Bolerum will offer to do it, so does anyone object?

2 : Do you intend to head directly to Bord-Eau or will you go out of your way to kill goblins on the way (I assume you will fight any who are on your way).

3 : Where do you want to go when in the city? (so I move thing toward that goal) You will be there around noon. You can split up or not, your call. I just need to know to start the in the city post.


Note that all of the above can and might require some discussion on your part lol.

By default, here is what I assume (Bolerum kill the goblin (+1 ear), you head strait for Bord-Eau , and goes for the Pelor temple right away).
That is basic, and there is a lot of othe rpossiblities/person you may want to head to first , that is why I ask.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-14, 01:11 PM
Ace has no objection to Bolerum killing the goblin. It keeps Greenbane happy, and war is war. Sometimes, you gotta kill some bad guys.

Gillric
2013-01-14, 01:42 PM
Kill him or don't kill him, either way. We can probably sell some of our useless equipment and change gems etc into coinage and also change some coinage into larger denominations while we are in town.

Leewei
2013-01-14, 01:48 PM
If there's a specific woman that we need to bring to the tomb, what do you think the odds are that she's somehow involved in the prophecy?

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-14, 02:27 PM
Certainly possible. I only know that she is the woman we find; possibly the only reason is because I had the vision, and so I knew she was the woman who would get us into the tomb. Precognition is weird like that and can cause paradoxes of information.

Dekkah
2013-01-15, 09:43 AM
I'll probably get things moving around lunch time today. SO if you guys have some thing you want to do or the like, tell me.

I'll go with the simple plan (Go strait to Pelor temple).

If you need more time, tell me before noon :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-01-16, 11:17 AM
FOr those who already read the laxst Ic post, know that I added a small paragraph (the one telling about William departure).

Also, I klnow things kinda moved fast with Shadow multiples replies... but if you wanted to speajk with the highpriest about something, do it and I'll have him reply as if he is still here.

Dekkah
2013-01-16, 12:45 PM
I've added the lastest things/document/book you'Ve found i nthe first OOC post for future references.



Are you all going to see William or does some of you have other plans (split up) or suggestions/place you want to stop by.


Shall I move to the barrack?

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-16, 12:50 PM
Sorry for the fast replies that rushed the scene, was on my laptop during a lull in lecture when Dekkah posted and I just kept posting :smalltongue:.

Dekkah
2013-01-16, 01:26 PM
Dont be, you made thing move forward quite nicely... and I am holding up thing now to give the other a chance to interact with Liana and the high priest if they want.

Actually, if you guys are ready to move to the barrack (or somewhere else) let me know.
I'll move thing with 2 go from the others (Leewei, Gillric and Monique)... I assume Antione is done chatting :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 07:44 AM
I take Monique Ic reply as a go forward.

Leewei, Gillric, you guys ready to move to the barrack?

Gillric
2013-01-17, 08:24 AM
sure, why not

Leewei
2013-01-17, 08:42 AM
Yep!

10 char hax

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 10:27 AM
It is a little hard for me to know if you dont reply because you have nothing to do/say in the particular scene or if you simply did not had time to check/reply.

That is why I asked.

It is the same for this scene.
I assume some roleplay will be done with William (can be minimal or detailed). Some of you might stay in the background and let other do the roleplay, which if fine by me, but it usually leave me guessing if you are MIA or simply waiting for action to occur.

That is actually one of my flaws as a DM (for PBP ).
My real style is a passive one which doesnt work that well in PBP. I usually present situations, give clues and gently set thing in motion by initiating discussion and let things unflod and work with the flow, ideas, goals and decisions of the player. But discussion between character is way harder to initiate in PBP and I needed to learn to be more railroady and let my hand guide you more lol.

I know there is a lot happening in this game, but I hope I managed to give you some more evident lines (it was one of the main complaints in my surveys - to open/too many options).

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 11:28 AM
Leewei : Liana isnt with you right now (she should join up later).... unless you guys prefered to have waited for her to finish her buisness and getting ready at the temple...

Leewei
2013-01-17, 11:44 AM
Adjusted my post accordingly.

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 11:55 AM
I also edit my own post to reflect his reaction to the change in your post Leewei.

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 11:59 AM
You can keep asking William stuff, I'll put up some more stuff now that Liana situation is in the open (his own report of what happened in town) as soon as I can

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 12:49 PM
SO I can prepare myself, what is your next step?

Actually, what are all the things (places) you wanna do while in the town?
Do you plan to leave as soon as possible?

The strategic things and questions William have for you wont be done in chat and will be assumed as done once you are ready to go (in the naration), unless there is something specific you want to advise him to do. You guys still can chat with him if you have more to add/ask, but he shared what he had to share, so either post IC or tell me you are ready to move on.

Leewei
2013-01-17, 01:16 PM
Bol is set to go, although selling our surplus and picking up some more healling potions or other expendables would probably be smart.

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 01:23 PM
You are in the Market district, you can assume this will all be done in naration (I'll add it on the next move you make).

Ok, So Bolerum is ready to return to Flammemort and ask for a teleport when Liana arrive (I think this is the main plan).

What about the rest of you? Any particular place/people you wanna go to?

Gillric
2013-01-17, 02:09 PM
we currently have 5 healing potions in the loot bank that can be distributed amongst the party (I usually dont bother keeping more than 1 on Ashe other than the loot bank)

Would be good to unload a few items and convert items and coinage to PP if possible.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-17, 02:24 PM
A bit of buy and sell, our bounties etc. should be dealt with. Ace will report to the Thieves' Guild and seek out Lei Grall to chat as well. The rest of the party didn't really know Tam, Eliael and Baldric, so they don't have to come along if they don't want to (though Ashe and Bolerum met them and both know Humffrey, who left with Lei to look for them). He'll talk to Grok and Grik if he can find them, too, to trade the latest news.

Gillric
2013-01-17, 02:26 PM
Ashe has been around since the Bane temple so I think I met all of them. Ashe can accompany Ace. (I think I will just keep calling him Ace as its short and easy to remember)

Gillric
2013-01-17, 02:35 PM
Oh, a dinner invite. And me without my dress attire.....

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 02:48 PM
Lol, elves wearing robes are so classic!
But you just foudn a new robe, a nice cloth robe armor!!:smalltongue:

I Think only Monique doesnt know Eliael and Tam (Monique and Marius replaced them both I think)

Ok, so do you go see Flammemorte first to plan your departure or do you go around town first?

Shadow, do you wish real roleplay or use naration on your meetings with most of these? I dont mind either way.

I guess the visit with the thieves is for an update on Red dagger/zorana situation right?

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-17, 03:01 PM
Honestly, visit with the Thieves is mostly just to introduce himself with his real name and say hi, he'll ask for any news about Dagger but since he left Bord-Eau, Dagger went from "imminent threat" to "deal with later".

You can go ahead and narrate the meetings, and I will retcon if there's something Ace would say that would change the narration at all.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-17, 03:30 PM
Yeah, Monique doesn't know anyone in town. she'll buy sending Ritual next time we're in town, but for now, ill just read while everyone is galavanting around. important stuff to do, yknow.

If iu can have 8 uninterrupted hours, ill learn enchant magic item, but if not ill read the diary. I think k ill skip dinner, eating quickly at an inn and reading.

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 03:34 PM
Monique : since you mentionned it at Pelor temple, I'll edit my reply to say you stopped at the first calm place to read and told the other to come get you when they are done with their stuff and ready to go meet FLammemorte (which will not be a big detour anyway as Flammemorte live not too far from the temple.

Dekkah
2013-01-17, 06:00 PM
Ok, here is what I plan to narrate (more than likely tommorow as I have plans tonight).... this is done byproximity order (so you dont come and go for nothing).

1 - End of discussion with William (waiting for his wife)
2 - Head to Marcil whitehand inn (Market district, nearby the barrack) to see Lei Grall
3- Head to Grok Inn
4 - Do some Shoping
5 - Head to the Old district to pick up Monique.
6 - Go to Flammemorte Mansion.



This leave the visit to The thieve guild tavern for later as they are a detour and I guess you guys need to see Flammemmorte to plan the teleport (see when she can and give her time to prepare)

If you want modifications or some particular stuff done in those, tell me.

Gillric
2013-01-18, 10:31 AM
ok, I will convert all the gems and art objects to coinage and convert it to PP to reduce the amount of coins.

Gillric
2013-01-18, 10:44 AM
first conversion complete.

our reward rate works out to 88GP (44 ears at 2gp each) (will add this momentarily)

That still leaves the following to sell:
Amulet of Physical Resolve +1
Enduring Spirits Vestments Cloth Armour +1
Inescapable Longsword +1

Also, are there any of the consumables that we wish to sell?
1 Potion of Cold Resist
2 Potion of Fire Resist
2 sunrods
2 alchemical fire (lowest level)
5 Potions of Healing
1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds
1 Potion of Vigor
1 Elixer of Aptitude
1 Elixer of Water Breathing
165GP worth of Arcane Ritual Components

Dekkah
2013-01-18, 10:45 AM
The ears reward will be paied by William (during your meeting)

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-18, 11:44 AM
Did Lei Grall purposefully leave our Baldric's name, or was he there too and you forgot?

Dekkah
2013-01-18, 11:55 AM
Oh, was it Baldric that left with Eliael?... yeah.

I'll edit it.

Tam left on his own (when his player went MIA)

Gillric
2013-01-20, 12:24 PM
Dekkah, how much would those 3 items net when sold?

Also, last call on selling of consumables.

Leewei
2013-01-20, 10:54 PM
Please sell the elixir of aptitude and potion of vigor.

Dekkah
2013-01-21, 08:10 AM
Price of item to sell ;

Amulet of Physical Resolve +1 (260GP)
Enduring Spirits Vestments Cloth Armour +1 (260 GP)
Inescapable Longsword +1 (340 GP)

Elixir of aptitude (10 GP)
potion of vigor (32 GP)

I plan to move ahead with some more naration... liike this :

Leave Flammemorte Mansion.
GO to the old Sailor tavern (Zorana)
Go to your old inn (Grok)
Go to Williams house for dinner.
REturn tp Flammemorte for teleport.

If you have stuff you want to ask, if i forgot something you want to do or one of these scene you really want to roleplay, tell me ASAP.

Gillric
2013-01-21, 08:25 AM
ok, those 5 items have been sold and the cash has been added to the loot bank

Gillric
2013-01-21, 12:14 PM
1 PP and 35 GP have been removed from the loot bank.

Dekkah
2013-01-21, 12:20 PM
I assume you head out directly to Pelor temple once you teleport on the other side right?

Next steps :
Walk out using the shrine (not into the goblin city).
Go to Pelor temple hidden directly.

Gillric
2013-01-21, 12:26 PM
sounds good to me

Dekkah
2013-01-21, 01:48 PM
Just so you know, I posted Antoine reply IC.

Also, Monique healed Antione when they met (added a line for that also).

Just so you know, you all are fully rested, except Ace who is full HP with 3/6 surge left..


I'd like to know what is your marching order (who goes first, second...)
Dont forgot to position Liana among the group.

Gillric
2013-01-21, 01:53 PM
ok, Marching Order....

Laina should go in the middle. Ace and Monique should be one in front and one behind Laina. Ashe should probably take point (ridiculous perception) and Bol can cover the rear.

Leewei
2013-01-21, 02:27 PM
Bol would like to be first through the portal. After that, he'll take rear guard if asked.

Gillric
2013-01-21, 02:29 PM
works for me.

Dekkah
2013-01-21, 02:41 PM
Just so you know, I am unsure if i'll have tiome to move things forward before Thursday.
I am out of town tuesday and wenesday, and I doubt I'll have time to post much during those.

I might have time tonight, we will see.

I'll still answer your question and post short replies if required.

Dekkah
2013-01-22, 10:22 AM
Gillric, would you please roll a stealth check.

Gillric
2013-01-22, 10:55 AM
stealth:: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-23, 04:50 PM
Bolerum :
Yeah, branches can support you and some pass close enough to the bushes, but reaching them will require a steath check (dc 10) and climb (dc 15) to get in them.

Then I guess you would like to move either toward or away from the monster... Acrobatic Dc 10

Leewei
2013-01-23, 05:27 PM
Bolerum :
Yeah, branches can support you and some pass close enough to the bushes, but reaching them will require a steath check (dc 10) and climb (dc 15) to get in them.

Then I guess you would like to move either toward or away from the monster... Acrobatic Dc 10

Bol is going to stay with his charge, but is willing to boost Ashe into the trees.

Dekkah
2013-01-25, 10:28 AM
HI guys,
I did not forget you, but my daugther is sick since tuesday, which kinda wrecked my planning like a sledge hammmer to the knee would stop a dancer.

I dont think I'll be able to reply until monday.

From what I see , Ashe suggest to try to shoot both goblin simultaneously.
If you go that way, two of you have to do a ranged attack (note that range is 12 and 13 squares). You would have CA for the shots, but goblin have concealment because of bushes (which kinda negate each other)

Bolerum : These are out fo range for a charge unless you successfully use Stealth first.

Everyone : That actually goes for everyone... you may move closer to be in range for some shorter range powers, but it would require a stealth first.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-25, 12:50 PM
No worries, Dekkah... Kids always come first.

Sometimes, I wish I was still playing Jieung... He would have had no issue with this :smalltongue:. But since I am playing Ace... We could have Ace and Monique disguise themselves as hobgoblins to get closer and then blast them at shorter range with an area attack or something.

Dekkah
2013-01-25, 04:48 PM
Thanks.
Well if you decide to go with that plan, an easy DC bluff will be required to fool them (Which you possibly both auto pass lol)

Rest depends on what you wanna do (attack them, distact them so others can sneak away, etc.)

It is up to you to discuss it out, take a decision and post the result (or the discussion) IC.

Hopefully, I'll have some more time monday to move things forward.

Dekkah
2013-01-25, 04:54 PM
I should learn to read lol.

So Ace and Monique need to roll easy Bluff (Disguise) and they both can range attack/area or whatever they want to use.
Actually, following that plan, Ashe and Bolerum still can use the surprise (since it is planned) to shot at goblins as well.

That gives you potentially 2 area attacks, and two single attacsk to do the deed... I could call it as done , but sometimes the Dice god can be an ass. :smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-26, 12:41 AM
Now Ace can't speak Goblin while disguised, but presumably he can use grunts and gestures to pull off the Bluff, especially with the bonus from the hat and the cover of darkness. Monique can use a Gem of Colloqu to actually speak Goblin.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-26, 01:29 AM
Yes, I can sacrifice my Circlet's Insight Reduction Aura for the ability to actually speak Goblin. No problem.

We should try to be swift, since my armor doesn't change with me I will look unusual for a random goblin.

Dekkah
2013-01-28, 09:33 AM
Ok, things are falling back into place for me now.


So, to resume what you guys said.

Bolerum checked branches to go from tree to tree, but he noted that some stealth to reach them will be needed, then atheltic to get in, then acrobatic to move around.

Ashe suggested that he shoot one and someone else shoot an other.

Antione proposed to disguise themselves as Hobgoblins (Antione and Monique) to move out and get closer (I guess to strike at them). This will require a bluff check from both of you. Assuming this pass, you guys all can have a surprise round of attacks on the ennemies (Antione and Monique within whatever range they need, Ashe and Bolerum with some attack with range 13).

If you go with that, post IC and roll your skills and attacks. You might as well include initiative roll in case the ploy doesnt work (fail bluff checks) and that you dont have the surprise over them.

If you have other ideas, now would be a good time to share them :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 09:20 AM
Ok, in the spirit of moving things forward a little, here are Antione Bluff check (I am unsure of his bonus, but i think it should be +11)
Antione Bluff [roll0]

Monique auto succeed a DC 15

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that kill one.

Antione and Gillric can work on the second one (you need to post some attack rolls.:smalltongue:

Gillric
2013-01-29, 01:50 PM
Longbow: [roll0] for [roll1]

Gillric
2013-01-29, 01:51 PM
Elven Accuracy that:

[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 01:51 PM
Ashe miss.

Will Antione save the day (Insert dramatic music here).

Gillric
2013-01-29, 01:54 PM
did you miss the reroll? Don't think a 28 misses.....

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 02:00 PM
Lol... stupid elven accuracy!!

You got him... posting Ic when I have time . lol.

Gillric
2013-01-29, 02:01 PM
elven accuracy, oath, perception.... seems to draw that comment about alot of my build features, lol

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 02:08 PM
Bah, I am joking around.
These are quite nice features and fun to play. They also help you all a lot ( as the others features also does BTW). You're very high perception make it hard sometimes to surprise the group, but there is ways still for that :smallamused:.

This group is actually quite solid as is and have very little vulnerabilities.
The worst for you is tons of minions, but even that can be controlled with a few of your powers, as you adjusted for that while levling.

Actually, this is something I've noticed in most group... as they level, people take power/feats to cover for their weaknesses as a group (which is great and logical).
So I may complain, but that is mostly jesting :smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-29, 02:37 PM
And Antoine doesn't even need to attack! Well, that went pretty well. In the interests of full disclosure, I've noticed that while we've got some great single-target damage (Ashe, Bole esp. vs. Goblins) great force movement/positioning (Monique, Bolerum) attack economy (Ashe, Monique) and some excellent healing (Bole, Monique), we have not got a lot of crowd control in the form of debuffs and area attacks. I've tried my best to cover that with Ace... but the sorcerer's not ideal for that, especially for debuffing people. When Antoine finds what he's looking for in the tomb, I'll be reclassing him to a Witch, so we won't have so much headache with minions and boss mobs in the future.

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 02:49 PM
From what I understand, you simply leave the goblin where they died (no searching the corpse, no ear gathering, no peeking from the edge of the forest) and simply leave for the pelor temple (north-east). Are you all ok with that (as usualy, two other supporting this will make me move thing forward that way)

If you all agree, you guys havea few skill check to split among yourselves (one per character).
I need 1 perception (to scout for danger), 1 nature (To orient the group correctly) and one stealth (to minimize the sound the group makes/tracks they leave). The last player have to pick a skill in which he try to help his allies (aid an other) or do something of his own (if he have an idea of some skill that can be helpfull to a group trying to move undetected in a forest at night :smalltongue:).

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-29, 02:51 PM
Ace is not good at any of those... he could use Bluff as he just did to distract any patrols for ambushes along the way, I guess.

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 03:18 PM
Well Stealth can be substitued by The bluff if you acutally wanna change the being stealthy idea I had by use disguise to ambush any patroll on your way.

So, unless you have some other idea, it is either

Travel in Stealth : Perception/Nature/Stealth

or
Travel and slay : Perception/Nature/Bluff.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-29, 03:20 PM
Well, basically, Ashe has the best Stealth, Perception AND probably also Nature. He can't do it all. If we go with the kill-as-we-go plan, Antoine and Monique can roll Bluff (high modifiers), Ashe can roll Perception (high modifier) and Bole can roll Nature (not ideal, but with three other "easy" rolls, shouldn't be crippling if he fails it). I think this gives us better chances.

Dekkah, does the bonus granted to Monique and Ace by their disguise abilities apply in the skill challenge? I think we each get at least +5, maybe more.

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 03:26 PM
Yeah, since the idea is to use disguise for that... and I think the bonuses comes from using disguise.

Note that if you both use bluff, one of you is doing the main roll, while the other will simply do an aid an other (Maybe you will want to try help Bolerum instead, but remember that you can worsten things with aid an other).
I know this is different that how I did thing before, I just wanna try it this way this time.
Will need 2/3 to succeed.

Dekkah
2013-01-29, 03:28 PM
I'll also have you remember that Liana is there too (but she wont complain in any case and will follow). She will also try to help if you ask her too (but the tricky thing is that you dont know how good she is with her skills lol.).

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-29, 03:29 PM
Antoine has a total +16 bonus to Bluff with the bonus to disguises from his Hat. However, it doesn't affect sound, so you might give me a penalty if I have to speak (partly because it is in common, partly because my character can't do a perfect hobgoblin accent).

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-29, 03:37 PM
Also, I know our "group" has been together for less than a month of game-time, but I think we need a neat group name. That way, Dekkah doesn't always have to call us "the group" or "the heroes" and he has something else to throw in there. In the game I run, since it's a nautical campaign in some respects, I get to throw in "the crew" and "the Hunters" as well as some synonyms/elaborations on those.

Gillric
2013-01-29, 03:50 PM
Ashe is pulling the following modifiers for those skills:

Perception: +16 (coincidentally, I am also giving out +1 to the others just by being here)
Nature: +8
Stealth: +7

NotScaryBats
2013-01-29, 06:53 PM
I have 16 bluff, 4 nature, 4 perception (5 with ashe) and 2 stealth.

I will bluff, or nature if Antoine wants to bluff.

No rituals to help in this case, though such things exist for me to purchase in the future.

Leewei
2013-01-29, 07:57 PM
Bolerum will be watching for goblin tracks and staying nearby to Liana in case any trouble occurs.

Dekkah
2013-01-30, 09:29 AM
Ok, so the plan as I decipher it from your various post.

You go with Go as directly as possible and fight patroll if any on the way.

AShe will use perception to detect patroll/sentries/whatever is to find.
Monique or Antione would do a bluff to trick enemies if you encounter some.
Bolerum will stay close to Liana to protect her.... do he want to use nature to guide the group or does he doesnt do any skills on this? If he doesnt do any skills on this, someone else will have to do the nature (Monique or Antione).

You guys can post IC when your ready to move on, with your roll and a a small description of your action.

Leewei
2013-01-30, 10:25 AM
Sure, Bol will make the Nature check: [roll0]

Edit: Bol will proceed to guide the group as he lectures them about milking salamanders.

Shadow_Elf
2013-01-30, 10:28 AM
Ace Bluff: [roll0]

If we HAVE to aid another, then Ace will aid Monique (since she's the one talking, he's just there for show and context). I really hope I do not roll very high here...

Dekkah
2013-01-30, 10:38 AM
And very high you rolled lol... nice help an other check... lets just hope monique doesnt botch...

Who am I kidding, with her +16, Antione Aid (+2), she auto pass the DC 15 check.

And Gillric also auto pass the DC 15 check... oh well, 2/3. well done...that was probably too easy, but you had a good idea. :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-01-31, 04:45 PM
I only have Bolerum opinion right now, but tommorow I shall move thing his way (attack and kill them all) and roll for you if you have not (unless you post about/support some other idea)

While I dont really want to presure you, I'd like to move things.
I probably could/should had narated this part, but your choice/decisions can have some impact on future events, so I wanted to see what you would do.

Dekkah
2013-02-01, 08:47 AM
Alright, moving things forward.

Attack roll . (I'll check your attack bonus if the rolls are low) :
Antione : [roll0]
Ashe : [roll1]
Bolerum : [roll2]
Monique : [roll3]

Leewei
2013-02-01, 11:09 AM
I suggest Ashe scouts on further ahead while the rest of us lurk away from the dead goblins.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-01, 11:22 AM
As I mentioned IC, we have a reputation to maintain. I think we should do some ear slicing. Also, Monique should take a weapon or two from them, to help her disguise. Not to scoff at Bolerum's excellent roll and high diplomacy modifier, by the way, I just thought that, given Monique's had similar feelings about battle in the past, particularly when Jieung went on his killing spree, she might better be able to relate to Liana.

Dekkah
2013-02-01, 11:24 AM
I guess Antione suggest you guys take the ears and assume you will (I'll add a little details in my last IC reply (Liana reaction to that lol).