PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Grandpre Academy (OOC)



Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Dekkah
2013-02-01, 11:31 AM
Searchgin the corpse, you get 15 ears, 20 GP, 20 SP 16 CP.


With Bolerum idea, I'd like for a Perception/Nature check. Other two can aid the main rollers.

Leewei
2013-02-01, 12:07 PM
Perception roll to aid Ashe: [roll0] (+10 more if reading tracks applies)

Leewei
2013-02-01, 12:08 PM
As I mentioned IC, we have a reputation to maintain. I think we should do some ear slicing. Also, Monique should take a weapon or two from them, to help her disguise. Not to scoff at Bolerum's excellent roll and high diplomacy modifier, by the way, I just thought that, given Monique's had similar feelings about battle in the past, particularly when Jieung went on his killing spree, she might better be able to relate to Liana.

Water off a duck's back. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-02-01, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that was quite impressive Leewei, you calmed her alright :smallbiggrin:

Leewei
2013-02-01, 02:02 PM
Bol's actually sort of optimized for roleplaying and socialization. Knowing 4e as I do now, I'd very likely have designed him to be either 100% Strength or 100% Charisma rather than balanced. He's fun enough to play that I don't much want to change him now.

Dekkah
2013-02-01, 02:13 PM
No offence meant to anyone, but I dont think anyone is really going for High optimisation in the group anyway, so it doesnt matter.
I think all your character are actually well made and have some nice synergy and equivalent power balance.

Beside, this might betray the DM secret club association (:smalltongue:) but if you would be more optimised, I'd simply crack up the challenges a notch and battle would be as easy or hard anyway (compared to your group power)

Leewei
2013-02-01, 02:38 PM
We're pretty optimized for enjoying ourselves. :smallwink:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-01, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I put all my feats into attack bonuses, but skills are quite lacking even for a bard <3

Dekkah
2013-02-04, 09:30 AM
I've taken the liberty to narate a little more details and move thing a little ahead.

You are roughly 3 minutes from the temple entry.

Leewei
2013-02-04, 10:57 AM
Hmm. How much cover is there between the temple entrance and the goblin patrol?

Gillric
2013-02-04, 11:23 AM
lets get the lay of the land and proceed with subtlety and stealth for a change

Leewei
2013-02-04, 11:29 AM
That'd be fine here. Roleplaying aside, it's best if the goblins don't know of our interest in the temple.

Dekkah
2013-02-04, 11:30 AM
If you wait about a minute, they will be out of sight (and you should be as well).

SO with what Ashe said, I'd say a group stealth skill check would be in order (nature isnt needed as you are close and know where to go now)

Everyone ok with it? (you can roll your stealth or I'll roll it for you)

Leewei
2013-02-04, 11:40 AM
Sounds good here.

Stealth: [roll0] (Versatile armor; +2 Dex, +2 Level)

Dekkah
2013-02-04, 12:19 PM
Ok, Well Dc is easy (10)

You need 3/4 for success, but 4/4 will grant two success (will explain in naration if that happens)

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-04, 01:09 PM
Stealth: [roll0]

Gillric
2013-02-04, 03:18 PM
Stealth: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-04, 05:57 PM
Monique Stealth [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-04, 06:55 PM
Ok, posted ahead, but I stopped before going down into the lower part did not open the hidden stairway yet) so you can discuss with Liana (she have quesitons lol).

also, you leveled up!
congrats!

Leewei
2013-02-04, 07:21 PM
Woohoo!

For level 6, I believe I'll take a MC feat to swap in a Barbarian Rage for Bol's level 1 daily. I like what Thunderhooves Rage does when combined with Greenbane's Pressing Strike ability.

I mean, I really like what it does.

When raging, Bol's damage will be d10+d6+Str. If he shifts through an enemy, this increases by an additional d10. (2d10+d6+10 against goblins using Berserker Fury daily with an at-will)

If this seems abusive, I can instead get another Rage which isn't quite so over the top.

Another alternative would be to pick up Fullblade proficiency, but that's already Ashe's shtick.

Bol's level 6 Utility Power will probably be Wrath of the Gods, which grants a +Cha(+2) Power bonus to damage rolls in a burst 1 UEE as a daily. (Do we have much +Power to damage?) This UP has a nice Kordish inspire-people-to-kick-ass feel to it.

Gillric
2013-02-04, 07:50 PM
not sure for power but I am taking unarmoured agility for my feet (AC will be going up by 3 from what it was at level 5)

Dekkah
2013-02-04, 09:03 PM
I dont mind either way Bolerum. You can choose whatever feat you prefer.
That power and daily combination is something any barbarian can do.
Beside, it will take you a feat + your own paladin daily power to make it so... it is fair enough.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-04, 09:28 PM
Hmm, I dunno what I'll do. I kinda want to slide enemies when I use my cunning feature, I would like another mc feat... We will see.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-05, 12:38 AM
Not sure if Witch-Ace would prefer Dual Implement Spellcaster or Unarmoured Agility. Probably the latter, since his defenses are somewhat bad.

Dekkah
2013-02-05, 09:01 AM
I'll wait until nooon or so today to give you a chance to reply to Liana, if you dont I assume you dont give her more informations/instructions that you already did (She will meet an angel to whom she must require access to the lower section of the temple).

Gillric
2013-02-05, 09:47 AM
ok, Ashe will do the following at level up

Feat - Unarmoured Agility (+2 to AC)
Power - Refocus Enmity
Retrain - Replace Rictus Grin with Angelic Alacrity

EDIT: Myth sheet is updated

Dekkah
2013-02-06, 09:56 AM
Sorry Bolerum and Monique.
I am not ignoring you as a DM, but Xelmoyr is quite interested in Ashe and Antione right now....
You still can try to talk to himif you want.:smallwink:

Leewei
2013-02-06, 08:10 PM
Came down with what I think is the latest norovirus. I'll be recovering for a few days. I'll just take it easy and let others roleplay for a while.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 08:58 AM
I guess I should move things forward and have Xelmoyr leave then.

Monique question is quite valid : do you guys wait there or explore the room beyong right now?

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-07, 11:01 AM
I am fine with either; we can timeskip back to Xelmoyr, then go explore the tomb, or explore the tomb then come back to Xelmoyr. All the same to me.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 11:14 AM
Lol, well that doesnt help me much :smallwink:

I'll probably move things forward in exploration unless Gillric say he wish to wait (Liana is kinda curious on what the Angel was protecting).

Gillric
2013-02-07, 11:25 AM
lets just go explore the tomb

Leewei
2013-02-07, 11:53 AM
I'm good to explore as well. Hopefully, moving on will ease up Greenbane's impatience a bit.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 12:32 PM
I didnt wait for you to really say you take time to inspect/identify to save time (I kinda assume you would do so).

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 12:33 PM
Greenbane impatience? Did anyone heard it complain about anything? :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 12:42 PM
Shadow : I almost forgot, but do you touch things or refrain from doing so?:smallamused: I assume you were cautious and refrained, but who knows...

Gillric
2013-02-07, 01:00 PM
ok, Perception: [roll0]

Gillric
2013-02-07, 01:06 PM
Also. are we taking everything we just found? If so I will start transferring it to the loot bank. I'm undecided on how Ashe will feel about crypt robbing for anything we don't really need.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 01:08 PM
Well if you do that, some roleplay might be in order (Liana will have an opinion on that :smallwink:)

Leewei
2013-02-07, 01:18 PM
We certainly should take anything that may help in the defense of Bord-Eau and in our mission.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 02:01 PM
Monique, you can roll an perception on the armor and a history to search the books.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-07, 03:12 PM
perception (though Ashe probably won that already :P)
[roll0] +1 from Ashe and lvl 6 included

History [roll1] lvl 6 incl

Gillric
2013-02-07, 03:49 PM
ok, so it sounds like the party will act with discretion here. Let me know which items we are actually going to take (I am not counting what Laina keeps) and I will update the loot bank accordingly.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 03:51 PM
Just so you know, Liana will only insist on keeping the book.
If you decide to take everything else she wont complain (as noted IC).

Still, I need to know what you take and what you leave.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-07, 03:53 PM
Any magical equipment we find. Scrolls of rituals we don't know. Only a few healing potions, we don't need so many, they're emergency only b/c they're surge and cost inefficient. The other potions... we don't use a lot of consumables, so I don't know if we need them.

Gillric
2013-02-07, 03:55 PM
Left room :
Potions (16) :
10 healing potion (Heroic)
2 potion of vitality
1 potion of spirit
1 potion of fire resistance
1 potion of cold resistance
1 potion of firebeattle

Scrolls (5) :
Arcane Lock
Cure disease
Comprehend Languages
Consult Mystic sages
Raise dead

20 books (All religious or historical, but only about Pelor)

Some ritual components
350 GP Heal,
245 (GP) Religion,
115 (GP) Arcana

Right room :
2 PP
350 GP
151 SP
1504 CP
+2 flamming Scythe
+3 Imposter's bonemail armor. (see spoiler)
When identify it, you know it's magic is more powerfull than that, but it is how strong it is for you (It is actually a +5 Imposter's bonemail armor). I mentionned this before and it is part of my house rules. You still can use it, but it will act as the +3 version of the item (see my houserule in the first OOC post)
Note that bonemail is a masterwork type of chainmail (it give 7 Ac instead of 6.)


Ok, this is a list of what we found. I have crossed out the books as Laina will be keeping those for historical purposes.

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 03:56 PM
I just read the ritual part again.
A scroll cannot be used to learn a ritual BTW.
It real advantage is that ANYONE can use a scroll (no need for feat) and that it takes half the casting time.
Other than that, it work like the ritual (component, focus and stuff are needed)

Dekkah
2013-02-07, 04:00 PM
I think Monique can only reply during the day on her breaks (she told us so once before).
In that spirit, I'll roll an arcana for her (as I requested) to save time (so I can feed the information of that result right now).

Monique Arcana : [roll0]

Gillric
2013-02-07, 04:03 PM
ok, so it sounds like we will want to take the two items, the scrolls, and the ritual components for sure, I will cross them off and move them to the loot bank. That leaves the money and the potions to be distributed.

I am putting the two magic items on the loot bank for now. I dont think we will want to have anyone use the armour until we can figure out if it is safe or not. Don't know if anyone will want the Scythe.

Gillric
2013-02-07, 11:00 PM
just did some checking, we will want to take the 2 potions of vitality (lvl 15 version of the healing potion). These should be given to two members of the group and not entered into the loot bank. Who is going to take them?

Leewei
2013-02-08, 12:21 AM
I'd suggest Ashe and Antoine; the others have a healing power or two.

Gillric
2013-02-08, 10:25 AM
ok, Ashe will take one.

I think the other potions can be given to the temple or to William back in the city. The money should probably go to the Pelor temple back in the city as well.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-08, 10:43 AM
ok, Ashe will take one.

I think the other potions can be given to the temple or to William back in the city. The money should probably go to the Pelor temple back in the city as well.

Agreed. The army could use potions for sure.

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 11:14 AM
Just so you know, Liana will try to use the heal skill to stabilise him.

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 11:42 AM
Ok, so you use Lay on hand on Antone ?
I dont have a problem with it , but isnt it limited power? (Wis time a day)


Well in any case, any healing power will work and bring him from his dying state... so Antione does wake up with healing.. dont worry, he isnt dead... yet:smalltongue:

Leewei
2013-02-08, 11:47 AM
Yep, it's once per day. With Antoine's limited number of surges and need for further healing, it still seems a good choice.

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 11:52 AM
Alright then, that is a good reason.

So you heal antione and he wakes up (Bolerum use a surge, and Antione regain his surge value)
I'll let Shadow post about it.

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 02:33 PM
Since Ashe did show the note to everyone... here it is again.


What you seek is in the second alley to the left, row 6, top line.

I've refreshed Ace memory in his own thread

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 02:46 PM
Just added a line to reply to Antione in my last IC post .

Dekkah
2013-02-08, 03:13 PM
Leewei : you might want to roll a perception to search for the tracks (with Greenbane bonus of course)

Leewei
2013-02-08, 03:14 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Leewei
2013-02-08, 03:18 PM
Also, read up on MC feats. They have a hefty level requirement. Bol will replace Fearsome Smite with Great Cleave (level 1 barbarian EP replacing level 1 Pal EP). He'll also retrain his level 1 daily to the 4[W] DP paladin power whose name I forget Edit: Paladin's Judgment. It'll all be on the character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=274623) shortly.

Gillric
2013-02-09, 01:02 PM
Left room :
Potions (16) :
10 healing potion (Heroic)
2 potion of vitality
1 potion of spirit
1 potion of fire resistance
1 potion of cold resistance
1 potion of firebeattle

Scrolls (5) :
Arcane Lock
Cure disease
Comprehend Languages
Consult Mystic sages
Raise dead

20 books (All religious or historical, but only about Pelor)

Some ritual components
350 GP Heal,
245 (GP) Religion,
115 (GP) Arcana

Right room :
2 PP
350 GP
151 SP
1504 CP
+2 flamming Scythe
+3 Imposter's bonemail armor. (see spoiler)
When identify it, you know it's magic is more powerfull than that, but it is how strong it is for you (It is actually a +5 Imposter's bonemail armor). I mentionned this before and it is part of my house rules. You still can use it, but it will act as the +3 version of the item (see my houserule in the first OOC post)
Note that bonemail is a masterwork type of chainmail (it give 7 Ac instead of 6.)


Ok, this is a list of what we found. I have crossed out the books as Laina will be keeping those for historical purposes.

Ok, so we have agreed that the potions (except the 2 potions of Vitality) go to William's Army back in the city. Thoughts on the money?

Dekkah
2013-02-09, 01:06 PM
Assuming Antione give the ok, I'd like a thievery roll to open the crypt the way you do it (I assume the idea is to prevent damages to the corpse inside (like it happened when Bolerum forcefully kicked in :smallbiggrin:)

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-09, 01:23 PM
Thievery: [roll0]

Gillric
2013-02-10, 01:51 PM
well, i'm glad we didn't let someone kick in this wall.

Dekkah
2013-02-10, 01:58 PM
Why? You dont even know what it would have done... maybe it would have healed you of all your injuries...:smallamused:

Gillric
2013-02-10, 03:15 PM
um, yea, that's likely to happen

Gillric
2013-02-10, 07:22 PM
good to go here

Leewei
2013-02-10, 08:36 PM
Dang, to think I missed a chance for Bol to blow up a wall by kicking it.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-10, 08:41 PM
If you're careful, you can keep the vials and use them to blow something up later.

Leewei
2013-02-10, 10:55 PM
Totally not my idiom. But Antoine could use it to rig up another booby trap in the temple.

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 09:13 AM
SO what I understand is that you left the "exploding pot" in the crypt.

Also, from Monique reply, you also left the bone armor in the armory.

Are you leaving anything else in the crypt/vault?

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 12:41 PM
SO I guess the quesiton here is for Leewei, Gillric and Monique is : DO you allow Antione to use the second stone? :smallbiggrin:

I'll wait for two yes or two no replies before posting Xelmoyr reaction..

Leewei
2013-02-12, 02:49 PM
Yes, certainly.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-12, 04:59 PM
Yeah, he's free to use it.

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 07:56 PM
Monique Arcana check (for the ritual) [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 07:57 PM
OMG.... the Dc was not very hard (15), but she still fail it... unless I have the wrong bonus.

Dekkah
2013-02-12, 08:08 PM
Monique second attempt [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-13, 01:06 PM
Ok, I am getting close to been done here.
Here is a few things I'd like to know (some of this can be roleplayed if need be):

Do you plan to sleep in the temple.
What do you give to Liana from the treasure.
What do you do with the Bone armor (Set item - Chest of never).

Leewei
2013-02-13, 01:28 PM
We should leave the temple and obscure our trail. Staying here makes it likely the dead goblins will be discovered, and the goblin army will reinforce the temple entrance against our departure.

Liana should get the bulk of the items for the Pelorite temple in Bord-Eau. We should take some healing potions or the like to help us get her back to town.

The bone armor is something that has me scratching my head. The goblins are very likely to react as if we have it now, even if we leave it entombed. The armor would help Monique substantially. If our adversary thinks the chest is in Bord-Eau, he'll destroy the city to get it -- even if it isn't there.

I'm inclined to attack and kill as many of the goblins as we can outside the temple right now. Let them see Monique wearing the armor. Take their mounts and get Liana into Bord-Eau, then harry the goblins so they know we aren't in the city. In the likely event that we provoke a response from them, we can pull back away from the city and divert the goblin invasion.

Gillric
2013-02-13, 01:34 PM
OK, the group had already agreed to give all the potions (except the potions of vitality) to the army.

We were also going to take the scrolls and ritual components. The scythe went into the loot bank.

Liana took the books.

All that would be left to decide is do we take the armour or not and what to do with the actual money. I am in favour of just giving the money to the temple.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 03:25 PM
What is the enchantment on the Armor do? As is, my account will go up three points by wearing it, so that's a big improvement.

I am fine donating the money.

Dekkah
2013-02-13, 03:27 PM
Ok then, only Money are Armor need to be clarified now.

And Bolerum idea is to move out to camp there (any idea where you wanna go for that - directly toward the city, toward the ocean, etc.)
Keep in mind that it is around midnight right now (Game time), so moving more than let say 3 hours would start requiring some endurance rolls.

Dekkah
2013-02-13, 03:30 PM
Psi : The armor can become regular clothes with a minor (and return to armor mode with an other minor), which boost your bluff when you disguise. It also doesnt count as armor when changed, which have the indirect benefit of removing the speed penalty and physical skill check penalty (you also dont have the ac boost during that time)

Gillric
2013-02-13, 05:23 PM
ok, so that gives us two votes for donating the money to the temple back in the city. The armour is a different issue in that if we take it, we have to make sure it doesn't get stolen or fall into the wrong hands in some other way.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-13, 07:12 PM
If it can appear as pajamas I can sleep in it and if it can help my disguising...

Dudes, we should totes grab this thing.

Dekkah
2013-02-14, 06:24 AM
The funny part about the armor is that it isnt Xelmoyr nor liana you have to cinvince... it is your allies lol.

Leewei
2013-02-14, 09:28 AM
Bol would be dubious about the armor in-character. OOC, I'm actually inclined to see Monique use it since the enemy is likely to do one of two things once they realize we've been here:

1) Set up a permanent guard on the temple, making it far less accessible.

2) Assume that PCs have the armor and pursue us to the ends of the world.


Game reasoning aside, taking the armor seems more heroic and fun, if less responsible.

Dekkah
2013-02-14, 09:47 AM
TO resume the suggestion so far :

Bolerum suggest you guys leave the temple right away so you dont give time to the enemy to find the entrace and surround it (making it hard for you to leave).

Also, Bolerum want to slay goblins (I am not surprised!! :smallwink:) to draw their attention to basicly draw them away from the hidden entrace- making them chase you- and also steal some mounts.



For the armor,
Bolerum is doubious, but Leewei say you should take the armor.
Monique wants the armor.
Ashe ????
Antione ???

Gillric
2013-02-14, 10:04 AM
If Monique wants the armour and is willing to be responsible for any consequences that come with it, then go ahead.

Dekkah
2013-02-14, 10:12 AM
Gillric : What about what you do next ... .stay and sleep in temple, move out and flee now, move out and fight now.


BTW. Liana will say she would prefer to not fight if possible (but she wont completly oppose Bolerum idea - considering the mount idea is appealing to her).

Gillric
2013-02-14, 10:35 AM
Ashe is in pretty good shape as far as resources go so I am ok to head out now.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-14, 12:01 PM
We covered our tracks around the secret entrance, didn't we? It's so warm and comfortable in the temple, and we have an Angel of Valor to keep watch. Plus, isn't there a door inside we have yet to explore? If they barricade the entrance, we just leave Liana safe with Xelmoyr while we blast our way out and then retrieve her.

Is there a way to close the secret stairway from below?

I am okay with Monique taking the armor.

Gillric
2013-02-14, 12:04 PM
we checked the two rooms across from each other first before going into the main part of the crypt. I don't think there were any other doors left to explore down below.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-14, 12:09 PM
we checked the two rooms across from each other first before going into the main part of the crypt. I don't think there were any other doors left to explore down below.

Oh, I see. I thought the two vault rooms were accessed from one initial door.

Dekkah
2013-02-14, 12:26 PM
Nope, no apparent door left to investigate.

I forgot to mention it, but there is a place to use the key in the study (a similar hole than in the altar) vault.... so it is possible to close the stairway from bellow (I completly forgot to mention it)

Ok, so it seem like Monique won her case (assuming she is willing to take responsability for it).
Psiclone : Do Monique pick the armor up and wear it? :smallamused:


With Shadow last post, the discussion still is going on, so I'll let you talk it out and tell me what your plan is then :smallbiggrin:

Gillric
2013-02-14, 01:15 PM
ok, so the armour goes to monique if she is willing to deal with it. The money goes to the temple. So all we have to decide is if we rest in the temple here or not. I am fine with either option, Ace is in pretty rough shape most of the time but Ashe is pretty flush for resources.

Dekkah
2013-02-14, 02:30 PM
SO far today, , here is what I think got used.

Bolerum use 1 lay on hand (using one of his surge).

Antione should had been healed by lay on hand (from 0), then by monique probably twice... so he should be 2 surge expended.

Monique got hit by the chaos thing... so she probably will need to use a surge to heal herself.

Ashe is completly full.

Dekkah
2013-02-14, 02:53 PM
Players Status

(L3) Bolerum: 59/59, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 11/12

(N5) Monique : 31/44, TEMP HP = 0 , Healing surges : 8/8

(N1) Ashe : 55/55, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

(Q2)Antoine 10/44, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 6/6
Bloodied



This is what it shuold look like without the getting heals from Monique.

I think Monique healing got better now (1D6+cha)
So with the song of rest, I think two surge for Antione and 1 surge for Monique, everyone is should be full HP.

NOTE that Antione lost 2 HP after being healed(from a vision - the brick wall), so he is 2 HP from full in reality.


So in the end it is like this


Players Status

(L3) Bolerum: 59/59, TEMP HP = 0, Healing surges : 11/12

(N5) Monique : 44/44, TEMP HP = 0 , Healing surges : 7/8

(N1) Ashe : 55/55, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 7/7

(Q2)Antoine 42/44, TEMP HP = 0, Healing Surges : 4/6
Bloodied

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-14, 08:15 PM
As a Level 6 Witch, Ace's new Max HP is 44, I think.

Dekkah
2013-02-15, 12:51 PM
Ok Shadow, I updated the status (42/44).

When yo uhave a chance, update the combat info I posted in your private thread please. I also need monique update on that.

I guess Monique will take the armor.


Now, for what comes next :

Bolerum suggest you get out now not to get surrounded and fight goblins to get mounts.

Antione suggest you sleep in first, then get out (without Liana), fight Goblin to clear the way and possibly get mounts,. Then you pick up Liana and head to town.

Ashe is ok with both options.

That kinda leave me hanging - one vote for each and one neutral (I hope Monique will chose a side, or either Bolerum, Ashe or Antione will rally to one idea lol).

Here are the parameters about the situation :

1 - It is around midnight. I'll start requiring Endurance check in 3 hours game time if you dont get some rest.
2 - You did hide your tracks and give the enemies a false trail to follow, but it doesnt assure you they wont find the entrace if they are very active out there seeking you. Ashe did not run 10 miles to make his false trail, but roughly half a mile. He is stil confident he was efficient in his hidding the tracks, the thing is the more time you give the goblin, the more chances is that they find the entrace if the search the area carefully.
3 - You explored every door in the temple you know of.
4 - Xelmoyr offered to give a copy of the memory stone gem opening ritual for Monique., (it would require him an hour to copy it).
5 - You can lock the stairway which give you a very safe heaven to rest. But that gives 6 hours to the goblins to find the entrace.
6 - Liana would prefer not to be exposed to too much danger, but will go with you and trust you if you ask her (even knowing that you plan to ambush enemies out there).

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-15, 01:22 PM
Since we can seal it from below, I think it is doubly a good idea to stay, as it keeps Liana safe.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-15, 06:14 PM
Yes, Monique will suit up in her new armor, ask Xel to scribe the ritual, and vote to stay for a nice rest so we can move out in the daytime.

My friend changed his DDI login info lol so I will have to update Monique by hand to lvl 6

Leewei
2013-02-15, 06:36 PM
I've heard Revitalizing Incantation is a very tasty utility power for bards at level 6.

Leewei
2013-02-16, 12:35 AM
Regarding our current situation, an Extended Rest looks to be in order. When we're ready to depart, we can have Liana reside in the crypt until the way is clear.

Dekkah
2013-02-18, 09:35 AM
Ok, I've read again your disucssion and I think those who gave their opinion are in relative agreement with :

Leaving Liana inside while they clear the way out of goblins (Possibly get mount of of that - or simply making sure the way is safe).
Then return to get Liana and head to town.


Antione added a probability IC, to which I'll reply soon with Liana herself.


Unless someone object to going out hunt goblins leaving Liana in the crypt, I'll do that around noon.

Also, how do you plan to do your hunting :
1 - Hide (Medium group Stealth) and try to set an ambush (medium nature - to find a spot)
2 - Seek enemies (High perception) and engage them as you find them (low group stealth)
3 - Set an ambush (easy nature) and use someone to draw enemies in the ambush - using one person as bait letting himself get spotted and run to the ambush (easy bluff and medium atheltic for the bait)


There is other ideas you can create (Like going out and blow the horn to draw the enemies :smallwink:), but i'll let you think them out yourself. The 3 above are the ones I'd suggest as a player lol.

Gillric
2013-02-18, 10:18 AM
I would advise against using the horn to draw enemies as this may bring more than we can easily deal with at once.

Option 3 would potentially work assuming someone would be willing to volunteer to be the bait.

Option 2 would probably be the easiest to pull off as we probably have the best chance of making the required checks.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-18, 10:19 AM
Could Monique or Ace use their disguises as bait? Ace speaks Goblin fluently now because of Jorge.

Dekkah
2013-02-18, 10:26 AM
Disguise : Yeah, that would be bluff (Medium) to convince them to follow you without rising suspicions and draw them in an ambush

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-18, 10:27 AM
With the +5 bonus from hat/racial trait, that would likely be the easiest check to make. Which one will do it?

Dekkah
2013-02-18, 10:42 AM
Thwe one who go and speak (if you go toggether, the other HAVE TO make a aid an other check - for better or worst )

Gillric
2013-02-19, 12:15 PM
Ashe would gladly make the perception checks if we go that route. I am fine with going the bluff option as well but someone else will have to take point on that one.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-19, 05:59 PM
Hi guys! Its me, Eliael! I was hunting through old forum posts and I bumped back into this game. I know I'm not a player and if my post is a distraction, I can delete it, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello and let you guys know I'm rooting for all of you. Its been a long time since I've played on Gitp because I got my teaching degree and moved across my state to a new city. Things have been crazy, but I thought it was a really good sign that I bumped into this thread on a day like today where I have been feeling just awful. :smallbiggrin:

If nothing else, thanks for the smile.

Like I said, I'll delete this if its a problem. Sorry to be a lurker. :smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-19, 06:21 PM
Nice t'hear from you, Arq! The story's progressed a lot since you left, but Eliael certainly left his mark on the story. Glad t'hear things are settling down for you.

In terms of our current skill challenge, Nature is hard for us but Bluff is easy, while Perception is easy but group stealth could be a challenge. Either way, Dekkah certainly hasn't made this an easy choice :smalltongue:. Anyone have a preference?

Arq Kujos
2013-02-19, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the update Shadow! I miss Eliael alot, but I'm glad you guys are doing just fine without him.

Gillric
2013-02-19, 07:12 PM
Ashe has +9 to Nature so has to roll a 2 to hit the level 6 easy DC for option number 3. The Bluff check for this would probably be an auto success for either Ace or Monique. The athletics check would be 15 and is probably the biggest obstacle in Dekkah's version of option 3. If we can avoid the athletics check by doing tricking them instead of using "bait" this is probably fairly straight forward.

For the perception check Ashe has +17 and the Hard DC is 23 so a 6 would be required to make this check.

The stealth checks are probably going to be the primary determiner in what option we choose as it is probably going to be the most difficult for us to pass. With an ambush we are looking at a medium stealth check with a DC of 15 (Ashe has +8) but if we go hunting we are looking at a DC of 11 but the perception check is more likely to be failed than the nature or bluff checks.

I'm not sure what everyone else's modifier is for stealth but the DC 11 check is a better chance for the group and there is still a 75% chance that Ashe will succeed on the perception check if we go hunting.

Leewei
2013-02-19, 09:36 PM
1 - Hide (Medium group Stealth) and try to set an ambush (medium nature - to find a spot)
Bol has Stealth +5 and Nature +4.

2 - Seek enemies (High perception) and engage them as you find them (low group stealth)
Bol has +4 or +14 searching for tracks.


3 - Set an ambush (easy nature) and use someone to draw enemies in the ambush - using one person as bait letting himself get spotted and run to the ambush (easy bluff and medium atheltic for the bait)
Bol has +5 Bluff and +13 (I think) Athletics.

Dekkah
2013-02-20, 10:35 AM
I know this choice isnt easy Shadow... that is why I am asking you to choose (otherwise I would simply have narated it going with the obvious choice lol).
Also, as most decision I ask of you, the choice may have impact on what happens and how things turn out. Ì realise that you cannot really know when this happens as you dont know what can happen given choices most of the time, but your action have an impact.

A good exemple of this is how you entered the fallen tower. Bolerum decision not to nail a piton (Lot of noise) to tie the rope and hold it instead, changed the battle. Nailing the pition would have drwan the monster to you... and you would have done that battle in the entry room (which was quite small and would have meant being cornered) with the last person (Monique I think) hanging on the rope at the start of battle... this could had been disastrous on many account and would have made an very hard battle probably worst, maybe even leathal.

So right now, the way you approach all this can have an impact on what will happen. So choose wisely :smalltongue:.
NOte that I actually need at least one person to say you go with an option and have the first roll done (Perception or nature)

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-20, 11:38 AM
Alright, I vote for the bluff route.

Gillric
2013-02-20, 01:00 PM
for the bluff to work based on my reading of it, we still require an ambush as part of the bluff so that would make the stealth check harder so I vote for the hunting option.

Dekkah
2013-02-20, 02:00 PM
TO be clear, those doing the bluff roll bluff, and those staying behind roll stealth on the bluff option. TO make things simple (I rethought it a little - sorry but it doesnt really change anything much), I'd simply make a group stealth/bluff check.
The number of success needed on the group check will depends if the nature roll was passed or not. Same will go for the hunt.... perception success or failure will dictate how many success you need to perform on the group check.

Since you are looking between those two, here they are .

Hunt :
1 person roll perception (other can try to aid an other) Hard DC to actually find best target and get a good approach.
Then Everyone roll a low stealth (need X/4 to pass.... X depend on Perception roll)

Trap :
One person roll a nature (other can try to aid an other)Easy DC since you dont have to actually guess where the enemy will pass as you will bring them there.
Then those going disguised to meet a patroll roll a bluff (Medium) check (including any bonus for disguise), those staying behind roll stealth (Medium)... this is a group check (need X/4 to pass.... X depend on nature roll)

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-20, 09:53 PM
My vote is for bluff.

Leewei
2013-02-20, 10:22 PM
Sure, I'll go for that as well. Let's just keep 'er rolling.

Dekkah
2013-02-21, 07:04 AM
Ok, 2 for bluff, one for hunt.

Someone should roll the nature check to set the number of success in the second part.

Gillric
2013-02-21, 10:42 AM
I guess that means me....
Nature: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-21, 01:22 PM
I am letting you discuss your acutal ambush plan with the map. As I asked IC, I need some details (Positionning, from where you bring them and when you Spring the attack.)

NOte that based on from where you'll bring the enemy, you can also use the slope to hide if you want... I hope you guys havea good 3D sense and imagination.

Leewei
2013-02-21, 02:14 PM
Bolerum will plant the Battle Standard of Healing at F20, hopefully obscuring it among the branches of the fallen tree. He'll also fold branches aside in F21 allowing climbing of the tree with an easier DC. Athletics: [roll0] to do so.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-22, 12:44 PM
I think Antoine and Monique should draw them into the dead-end box formed by those hills and the tree, limiting their chance for escape.

Dekkah
2013-02-22, 12:45 PM
Just letting you guys know that I'll move thing forward monday with what I'd do as a player if you dont suggest anything (so the game dont stall).

Bascily, Antione and Monique would go draw enemieswith bluff (from north-west entry point).
Ashe and Bolerum will hide (Bolerum already told where, AShe would be in G18 hidding).


Antione and Monique will draw them in the valley claiming they'Ve seen some humans go there and pass beside the tree (I17).
Attack will be spruing when the first few enemies enter the small valley (Within charge for Bolerum (first enemy in E16), which will let Antione and Monique the possibility to go throught I17 if they need to withdraw)


SO if you dont make a plan of your own until monday, this is what will be applied.

Dekkah
2013-02-22, 12:47 PM
Lol, you posted at the same time than me Shadow :).


Ok, do you suggest you stay behind to block them? Should Bolerum and Ashe then stay behind?


In my above idea, you kinda box yourself (with an escape plan... if you prefer to try to surround enemies (4 of you may havea hard time doing that though), I can work with it.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-22, 12:48 PM
Antoine will fall back behind the goblin squad and use his burst 2 Glorious Presence with Glib Tongue for the attack bonus to push them each 2 squares deeper into the kill zone. Sadly, this will leave him alone on the fringe of the battle, but his defenses have improved somewhat since his class change, so he should be alright.

Dekkah
2013-02-22, 12:50 PM
Well I guess Bolerum can stay where he said, and Ashe can hide in F4 to help Antione and attack from behind... then Monique lead them in while Antoine stay at the back.


That split your group in two thogh... is that what you want?

You know their patroll as usualy 12+ goblins right now..

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-22, 12:58 PM
Actually, Ace will position himself in the middle of the group, so that his burst 2 power hits as many enemies as possible. The push will spread them out, so he can regroup with the others. You're right, that separating ourselves in a 4 vs. 12 is a bad idea.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 01:16 PM
Just tell me when I need to make my roll <3

Dekkah
2013-02-22, 01:26 PM
Well if you accept my plan with Antione Modifications , you may roll your skill check (BLuff or stealth) and roll an INI.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-22, 01:29 PM
bluff [roll0]
initiative [roll1]

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-22, 01:48 PM
Oh, uh, Ace's Bluff has gone doubt on account of the class change. Just a little bit, though.

Bluff /w Disguise Bonus: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Leewei
2013-02-22, 05:24 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-22, 05:54 PM
I think you forgot your stealth check to hide Bolerum

Gillric
2013-02-22, 06:12 PM
stealth: [roll0]
initiative: [roll1]

Leewei
2013-02-22, 08:10 PM
Stealth: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 11:52 AM
I am working on the post/battle.

Monique and Ashe are in range to benefit from Bolerum +1 ini (helm).
I assume you did not account for it in your rolls)

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 12:13 PM
I'd also like Antione and monique stat update (see in your private thread).

Gillric
2013-02-23, 12:51 PM
I am working on the post/battle.

Monique and Ashe are in range to benefit from Bolerum +1 ini (helm).
I assume you did not account for it in your rolls)

I didn't account for it.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 01:20 PM
I just noticed I place GS1 too close to Ashe for a charge... You can assume you are in H18 if you want (so you can charge)... I dont want to edit the map lol.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-23, 01:34 PM
Well, when you make 15 or so attacks, you're bound to get at least one crit...

Critical Hit: [roll0] radiant damage.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 01:54 PM
Well, nice attack round.. you miss only DSW 2.
You kill all the other DGW you attacked... :smalleek: ... ouch.

You also drop both wolves that arent wounts (Wolf and Wolf 1)


You push on the two riders wont force the enemies off their mount though, unless I dont understand the mounted combat rules (see relevant part bellow).

Forced Movement: If the mount is pulled, pushed, or slid, the rider moves with it. If the rider is pulled, pushed, or slid and the mount isn’t, the rider can have the two of them move together. Otherwise, the rider is dismounted and falls prone in the destination space of the forced movement.

The way I understand it, it is the rider choice if he bring his mount with him or not. So they will bring their mount with them. If I am wrong, I'll correct it.


Will update IC soon.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-23, 01:59 PM
Ah, I think that rule was updated because Forced Movement was too good against mounted enemies. I don't think it is written like that in the PHB, but you're reading that correctly for sure.

Leewei
2013-02-23, 01:59 PM
Since mounts are typically large creatures, the trick is to force the rider into a square that the mount cannot occupy. (Edit: Push GS1 into G19, for instance.)

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 02:17 PM
This quote comes from the compendium.
And Bolerum is right, using terrain may prevent the enemy to bring him with him.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-23, 02:21 PM
Alright, if I can push him into G19 and that will dismount him, I will do that. Separating him from the wolf is the ideal, here.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 02:22 PM
Yeah, with the branches, I'd allow that.. I'll edit the Ic post I just made to reflect this.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 02:34 PM
Ok, updated the push change.
It is Monique turn.

Gillric
2013-02-23, 02:35 PM
is there anything that says the mount cant squeeze in the forced movement entry? otherwise the mount can still occupy that square but will suffer all the squeezing penalties

Leewei
2013-02-23, 02:47 PM
Forced movement explicitly cannot cause a target to squeeze. p.212 in the Rules Compendium under Destination Space.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 02:48 PM
There is none in the mounted combat or squeezing, but in force moemvent, there is this.


Destination Space: The destination of the forced movement must be an unoccupied space that is at least the same size as the target. For instance, a Large creature cannot be pushed into a space that is only 1 square wide.

The way I see the tree, it is a very difficult terrain (I ask for climb and atheltic to go in during combat). It would require the mount to squeeze, but since force movement reuire you to be forced in a square you can fit (you cannot be force to squeeze that way), the wolf cannot follow).

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 04:20 PM
A small detail I should add now too, since the mount is free, is that the ridding wolf isnt very agressive.... though he got hit by Antione and look as if he will want to attack the Vistani :smallamused:. He was trained to be a mount and is obedient (ok he can be agressive if you want to make him attack, like any mount lol).

I am saying this because it is simply a mount (young Dire wolf) and anyone could mount it (except Antione right now because of the attack he did on it)

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-23, 04:24 PM
Would leaving the wolves out have been an option? The spell I used was an enemies-only burst attack; I assumed the wolves were enemies, but if they were not hostile, the spell would not have targeted them.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 04:51 PM
Not really, as they are not ally either, and you did not knew until it became riderless.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 07:40 PM
Moniue miss.

It is Ashe turn.

Dekkah
2013-02-23, 07:58 PM
You did indeed have CA.
I've given concealment to the horn and used the creature reflex with a bonus for its small size... but you still hit and cut it in half :smalltongue:

It is Bolerum turn.

Gillric
2013-02-23, 08:22 PM
well, now we just have to catch and kill the goblins, at least they shouldn't be able to signal for reinforcements.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-23, 08:45 PM
I know Monique asked for them to surrender, but we can't afford to let any of them live, or our disguises could be spoiled. The goblins are constantly adapting to our strategies for killing them; if we're to stay a step ahead, we can't let them know how we do it until we absolutely have to.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-23, 09:27 PM
Lol the two just sitting there seem so impressionable though.

Dekkah
2013-02-24, 08:19 AM
Bolerum : You made yourself a path to get out without atheltic check in F20(from where you can walk out easy), so I wont require aan atheltic check, but it still count as difficult terrain.. so you can only shift to F20.

Leewei
2013-02-24, 05:34 PM
Works for me.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-24, 05:57 PM
Alright, that should pin the Hobgoblin out of the battle for this turn. Shame about the low rolls on the goblin minions, but I boosted my bonus so hopefully I get more than one measly hit.

Also, woo, wasted crit on a no-damage-roll power vs. a minion. I guess just in case that's a non-minion in disguise, that crit does a whopping [roll0] damage.

Dekkah
2013-02-24, 05:59 PM
Shadow : did you wanted to push the enemies 3 square? You dont say anywhere you did, should I assume you forfeit these push?

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-24, 06:00 PM
I assumed that a hit would kill, so I am just tossing their corpses out 3 squares if I hit, keeping that difficult terrain out of our way. If a hit does not kill then no, I will not push the target.

Dekkah
2013-02-24, 06:06 PM
Umm, not sure you can say you choose to push if it dies, not push if they survive... I'll have to check the ruling later for that.

antione Miss DGW2, hit and kill DGW5 and simply hit DGW8 for 7 damages(not a minion)

Antione also hit with his vistani eye power.

It is Monique turn (Remember that your armor is in clothing mode... dont grant armor right now).
The only difference on the map is that DGW5 is dead And bolerum is in F20).... may post it later if I have time.

Dekkah
2013-02-24, 06:24 PM
Here is an updated map to help Monique decide her turn.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8814/ambushsite.jpg

NotScaryBats
2013-02-24, 07:15 PM
That urider needs to die...

Vicious mockery
Attack on rider again [roll0] vs w
On hit, [roll1] psychic dmg and - 2 to attacks

Dekkah
2013-02-24, 07:19 PM
That will hit... any move and minor?

NotScaryBats
2013-02-25, 12:14 AM
I will mount the wolf if I can. That way I can hunt him down if he runs.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 10:58 AM
This is the wolf stats.

Wolf Mount :
Young Dire Wolf Level 3 Skirmisher
Large natural beast (mount) XP 150
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +7; low-light vision
HP 50; Bloodied 33
AC 17; Fortitude 16, Refl ex 15, Will 14
Speed 8
mBite (standard; at-will)
+8 vs. AC; 1d8 + 3 damage, or 2d8 + 3 damage against a prone
target.
Combat Advantage
The dire wolf gains combat advantage against a target that has
one or more of the dire wolf’s allies adjacent to it. If the dire
wolf has combat advantage against the target, the target is also
knocked prone on a hit.
Pack Hunter (while mounted by a friendly rider of 3th level or
higher; at-will) ✦ Mount
The dire wolf’s rider gains combat advantage against an enemy if
it has at least one ally other than its mount adjacent to the target.
Alignment Unaligned Languages —
Str 19 (+5) Dex 16 (+4) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 19 (+5) Int 5 (–2) Cha 11 (+1)

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-25, 11:26 AM
Damn. Even if I double move, I am one square short of hitting the wolf with my slow. I could run, but the -5 to attacks from running is not ideal...

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 11:38 AM
That should teach you to anihilate the enemy in the surprise round like that!!

Lol,I thought more would survive to engage combat... you went out a bit strong here :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 11:40 AM
Also note that you need to slow the wolf.. not the rider :smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-25, 11:41 AM
Stone Blood's a Burst spell, so I would target both with it if I tried it.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 11:44 AM
Yeah, that is even better, but the one you need to hit is the mount, becasue slowing the rider doesnt help (unless he dismount for some reason).

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 11:50 AM
Monique, did you turned your armor in armor mode or kept it as clothing?
I think that is a minor action...

Gillric
2013-02-25, 11:54 AM
MEEP MEEP.... *whoosh*

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-25, 11:58 AM
Gillric... why not double run, oath and charge? You take the run penalties either way, but at least you have a chance to pull him into Ace's Stone Blood range.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 11:59 AM
I asked myself the same question....
My only guess is that he doesnt want to grant CA for the goblin OA.

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:00 PM
not enough movement, he ends up two squares out of range with a charge. run and charge are both specific actions and can not be combined.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:01 PM
Thinking about it, he cannot charge... charge doesnt give the +2 movement.
Still he can engage it in combat and get an OA if the monster keep running (with run run run)

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:02 PM
I will get extra movement from some powers next turn so might be able to catch him with the charge then.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:03 PM
Ok Gillric, so you keep the move, run run then?
I'll roll my Oa without CA.

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:05 PM
yep, that's what I am going with.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-25, 12:12 PM
Oh, you're quite right. But still, Run + Run + Run would let you get an OA on the goblin as he leaves, at the cost of granting CA for an OA on your turn.

EDIT: Of course, with the harsh -5 attacks from running, your OA would like miss, but Oath mitigates that somewhat.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:16 PM
Psted reply IC.
It is Bolerum turn.

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:20 PM
actually, that would have missed even if I had run.... 27 AC until I get hit by an attack that targets either AC or Reflex (also 22 Reflex, same thing)

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:26 PM
IS that true at the start of each battle? or just this one?
Is that for every defenses?

Also, does hitting on one defense remove the bonus from both(or all the defenses).... actually, might be easyer to tell me from what you got it from so I read it lol.

Note that I dont mind, but i'll add an note in your stat resume so I dont forget lol.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:28 PM
Also, Gillric, can you please roll a D20 here.

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:28 PM
Cloak of Displacement +2

start of every encounter
just AC and Ref
and one hit removes both

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:29 PM
random D20 roll
[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:31 PM
Ok, I though tit was only for ranged attack.. I might be mistaking it for something else...

And man, what a bad time to waste a 20... sorry.

Gillric
2013-02-25, 12:32 PM
I think it is the cloak of Distortion that adds a bonus against attacks from more than 5 squares away, and it applies to all defences.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:38 PM
oh right... that is the one I thought about.

Leewei
2013-02-25, 12:40 PM
I'll use Bol's Heroic Effort EP to make sure that Virtuous Smite sticks (This will hit AC24 rather than 20).

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:44 PM
Leewei : F19 is difficult terrain... you cannot shift 1 in it... Also, it would require an athletic or acrobatic check ot go there (I assumed you cleared one path to get out easyly.

You forgot the concealment but it doesnt matter anyway with those rollls.... you miss the first attack, but hit the second (you dont kill it though).

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 12:45 PM
Okm, then you hit it with the fiorst... then second one kill it lol.

Leewei
2013-02-25, 12:51 PM
Bol will vault onto E19 (DC10 Athletics auto-success), then run as planned.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-25, 04:27 PM
According to the statblock we have for the wolf, that's a hit and a slow. We've got him now, I think. Rerolling the messed-up roll on the hobgob:

[roll0] vs. Fortitude

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 06:26 PM
You hit with both attacks and slow them both (and slow them)

It is Monique turn.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 07:13 PM
Oh wait no! I almost forgot... it isnt Moniue turn lol... one of my new monster have 21 Ini.

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 07:41 PM
OK, now it is Monique turn :smallwink:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-25, 08:06 PM
Finally able to level up :/
Monique D'eta (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=344438)
Initiative : +3
HP : 51
Surge value : 12
Surge/day : 8
AC: 23 (armor is 7 enh is 3)
Fortitude : 16
Reflex : 20
Will : 21
Resist : +3 to all defenses vs Opportunity Attacks,
+2 Will vs Charm, Fear, Illusion attacks (Aura 10)
Passive Perception: 15 (more w/Ashe's bonus)
Passive insight : 18
Basic attack bonus/damages/effects (for OAs) : +7 v ac, 1d8+1 dmg Longsword.
Default Action when players unavailable : Vicious Mockery +10 v W 1d6+7 psychic dmg and the target takes -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn
Languages : common, goblin(polyglot gem)

I added the lvl 2 utility power Inspire Competence, and got the feat Bardic Knowledge for a +2 feat bonus to certain skills. Now, I should be much more valuable during skill challenges.

What are the exact stats of the armor?

Dekkah
2013-02-25, 08:30 PM
Imposter's Armor +3
In the blink of an eye, this metal armor can fade into rags or robes, providing the perfect disguise for any situation.

Lvl 11 +3 9,000 gp
Armor: Chain (Bonemail armor, which is 7 Ac instead of the 6 regular chainmail)
Enhancement Bonus: AC
Power (Polymorph) (Minor Action)
You can transform this armor into a normal-looking set of clothes. While in clothes form, the armor does not provide an armor bonus, but neither does it impose an armor check penalty or speed reduction. You can add this armor's enhancement bonus (3) to any Bluff check made to attempt to disguise your appearance. You can change this armor back into its true form as a minor action.

SPECIAL : this is part of the Chest of never and really is + 5 but is limited to +3 by your own level(houserule for my game)

So that give you 1 more AC (since you accounted for 6 , but the Bonemail is worth 7)

NotScaryBats
2013-02-25, 08:36 PM
Okay yeah that makes it AC 23. Big numerical increases this level -- my Arcana, History, Streetwise, and Religion are now +14, and Bluff is +17

Leewei
2013-02-25, 11:28 PM
As a side note, Monique and Bol should each have 6THP due to Righteous Smite.

Dekkah
2013-02-26, 09:19 AM
I update the THP Bolerum ... sorry forgot about them.

Gillric
2013-02-26, 12:53 PM
working on an IC post, should be up soon

Dekkah
2013-02-26, 02:10 PM
Ashe hit and Bloody HDS1 (and pull him with the wolf)

It is Bolerum turn.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-26, 05:10 PM
How am I gonna catch up to and kill these goblins, dudes? They aren't minions, and they're moving 16 squares a turn.

Leewei
2013-02-26, 05:23 PM
If you don't think you have a shot at killing them in a couple of rounds, head back and rally with the rest of us. Things are heating up.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-26, 05:27 PM
Well. I do like 1d6+7 dmg a round, if I can catch up and hit them every round. I didn't bloody the guy I hit, so 3-4 hits to kill 'em.

It will take me like 10 turns to kill these guys, probably.

Leewei
2013-02-26, 05:41 PM
In which case, head back and rally with us. Keeping our trick a secret is no longer possible. The good news is that the goblins will now be very paranoid of each other.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-26, 06:13 PM
lol okay, Dekkah I will full run back to the group for my turn, when it comes up.

I'll activate my armor for a minor action on my turn, since being mounted there will be no down side to having 5 speed. Glad I mounted <3

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 08:04 AM
Alright Monique, I'll play that for you after Antione turn.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-27, 08:23 AM
Sorry, crunch time on my end. If you would like to keep the game moving Dekkah, Antoine will walk six squares towards the wolf and hobgoblin and use Stone Blood again.

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 08:30 AM
Well if that is what you plan to do, I can do the rolls for you without problem.

BTW, that goes for anyone, if you dont nhave time to post a complete IC reply, you can always tell me OOC like that your actions and I'll do the rest. Of course, I prefer an IC post, but in the spirit of keeping the game flowing, I dont mind to get quick instructions like that.

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 08:32 AM
Stone Blood Hit: [roll0] damage.
Attack vs. Wolf Fortitude: [roll1]
Attack vs. Hobgoblin Fortitude: [roll2]

Leewei
2013-02-27, 12:09 PM
Are the goblin close groups swarms or otherwise special in their interaction with area attacks?

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 12:13 PM
You'll have to test that theory to really know!! :smalltongue:

But the 8 goblins count as ONE large token as on the map.

Leewei
2013-02-27, 12:19 PM
You'll have to test that theory to really know!! :smalltongue:

But the 8 goblins count as ONE large token as on the map.

Okay, more specifically -- can individual goblins be targeted, pushed, etc., or is the group itself targeted by attacks and powers?

Also, Nature checks to be used vs GS, GFG, HDS, DGC, DGW, GAG, respectively:

[roll0] (all checks have a +4 bonus)

Leewei
2013-02-27, 12:22 PM
Knowledge results:

GS: [3]+4 = 7
GFG: [11]+4=15
HDS: [20]+4=24
DGC: [13]+4=17
DGW: [13]+4=17
GAG: [17]+4=21

Ironically, Bol knows nothing about the most numerous of their attackers. It looks like he has something on the others, though.

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 12:34 PM
You target them as a group... to be technical, they are indeed a swarm and abide by the swarm rules... Bolerum doesnt really know tought :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-02-27, 12:42 PM
BTW, you can say you target the goblin in the middle in naration, I dont have trouble with that... but technicaly you still target the group (My naration will work with you attacking the one in the middle and go with that)

As exemeple :If you push one, all the others will stay with him and follow the movement (which will result in pushing the swarm away)..

Leewei
2013-02-27, 05:43 PM
Gillric -- it looks like it's Ashe's turn again, as shown in the initiative block.

Gillric
2013-02-27, 05:50 PM
I know, I'm deciding how far I wish to run as I don't really feel like engaging a ranged swarm in any kind of fight without a true AOE striker.

Gillric
2013-02-27, 05:59 PM
also, as an immediate interrupt on the attack I will use my cloak's daily to force a reroll on the swarm attack.

Leewei
2013-02-27, 08:14 PM
Bol will kick off Wrath of the Gods next round. It only affects him and adjacent PCs. The effect grants a +2 Power bonus to damage rolls on self plus allies in a burst 1 Until End of Encounter. I may be wrong to think so, but this one looks like the right time to start throwing down dailies.

Gillric
2013-02-27, 08:23 PM
I would agree with that sentiment unless "Ace 2.0" has some decent damage AOEs

Leewei
2013-02-27, 09:02 PM
Bol has some other goodies he'll be throwing down shortly. I'll inventory them here for reference. A lot of this will hinge on the other PCs getting in close, though, which made Ashe's vector of retreat a bit unfortunate.

Minor Action: Wrath of the Gods to grant self and allies in burst 1 +2 Power bonus to damage UEE.
Minor Action: Greenbane Aura to grant self and allies in burst 2 +3 (untyped) bonus to attacks against goblins and orcs.
Free Action: Berserker Fury to grant self +2 (untyped) to damage UEE.
Standard Action: Great Cleave (Barbarian EP 1) Burst 1 attack for 1[W]+Str+1 per adjacent enemy.
Standard Action: Arc of Vengeance (Paladin DP 5) Burst 1 attack for 2[W]+Str with a decent effect against marked enemies targeted by the attack.

The idea is to get enemies to pile on while shrugging off their attacks with Endure Pain. Once enough have gathered, start popping off the point blank burst attacks until daylight can be seen.

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-27, 10:59 PM
I believe there is a goblin that acts before me. Where exactly did you want me, Leewei? Just anywhere next to Monique?

As for things to throw into this battle, Ace is temporarily being considered a level 3 character for the purpose of powers and ritual casting. So his Emerald Eye attack boost is not available, nor is his level 5 daily. He can throw down Colour Spray, his remaining Encounter power, which is a blast 5 radiant damage daze power. I think I will save that to hit as many as I can and optimize our action economy. His daily, Horrid Whispers, imposes an attack penalty and a slow, and when they save, they fall prone, which grants an eventual guaranteed round of CA. Should I save that for later or throw it in here somewhere?

Leewei
2013-02-27, 11:03 PM
Anywhere adjacent to Monique is probably okay. The object is to give Bol a square he can occupy for a moment that can hit both Antoine and Monique with a burst 1 effect.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 09:44 AM
I need someone (anyone) that will roll a D20 now please (call this leaving your fate in your own hands).

Shadow_Elf
2013-02-28, 09:45 AM
[roll0]!

Antoine's turn will be up in a mo'.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 10:08 AM
That is an interesting roll Shadow :smalltongue:

BTW, HDS1 was bloodied since AShe last attack on him (forgot to note it in his spoiler until now).

It is Bolerum turn.

Gillric
2013-02-28, 10:13 AM
also, as an immediate interrupt on the attack I will use my cloak's daily to force a reroll on the swarm attack.

Just wondering if this one got missed....

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 10:18 AM
OH no.. I just forgot to adjust the IC.... he missed you with a 22 (rolled it yesterday but did not had time to post it).


So you still have +2 to AC and Reflex..... will edit it in right now.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 03:21 PM
Welcome back Arq.


Posting my own IC reply.

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 03:55 PM
BTW, those of you wanting to know more about Rikard race could roll an Nature check. :smallwink:

NotScaryBats
2013-02-28, 04:12 PM
[roll0] vs w
On hit [roll1] psychic dmg and - 2 to attacks

Leewei
2013-02-28, 04:35 PM
Monique's damage modifier is +4 (Cha) +1 (Enhancement) +2 (Crystalline Orb) = +7 for psychic attacks, normally. Wrath of the Gods adds a +2 Power bonus on top of this, boosting it to +9 until the end of the encounter. In other words, not sure if it matters, but that last attack should be for 14 psychic damage.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 04:38 PM
+2 damage is +2 damage. It always matters. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-02-28, 05:43 PM
BTW, Shadow and Gillric did play with Arq before (When he was Eliael), but Bolerum kinda replaced him (when I merged the two games after Eliael and a couple other drop out of the game), so you've never actually met.
Monique also joined later, so she doesnt know him.

Arq is a returning player whom sadly could not play his old chatacter (Eliael) as I kinda sacrificed him in the story line ( I did not expect him to return to be honest lol). It was simply easyer to simply have him reroll something else.

Arq Kujos
2013-02-28, 05:47 PM
I was young and didn't then know that I hate swordmages. I was so foolish. :smalltongue: