PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Grandpre Academy (OOC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 11:44 AM
HBM1 [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-03-15, 12:21 PM
Did I get another action point when they ended the first two encounters? I can't remember if I did or didn't.

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 12:31 PM
Yes, like everyone else you've earn an other AP for the milestone (when DGC 1 died)

Leewei : I just realised I forgot to say Kodan Marked you (not that I beleive you will go anywhere else lol)... but just in case).

I am tempted to do the same tinh gas last turn and post HBM 1 turn and let Rikard play his and resolve Bolerum's one after ward... but this time he is close enough to Rikard and HBM1 to maybe want to makea difference there... not sure.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-15, 12:33 PM
Cool. I just wanna see if I can kill this wolf while my dwarf fighter is flanking with me. After wards, I'm giving HBM1 the business end of my hammer. :smallannoyed:

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-15, 12:35 PM
Also, Dekkah, Bolerum asked one of the archers to go fetch out battle standard. Did they ignore him IC, or did you miss it OOC?

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 12:36 PM
I did miss that.... when was it?

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-15, 12:38 PM
Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14898748&postcount=615) Post number 615 in the IC thread.

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I completly missed that. I just edited the IC post after that one saying that after his shot one of the archer ran north-west... will adjust the man accordingly on next post.

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 12:57 PM
That is a miss, AP now or shall I move things?

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 01:39 PM
I guess Leeweic did not wanted to Action point (If he still have one).

Beside, even if he did, it would not change HBM1 turn at this point.

It is Rikard turn (Remember that you are prone again).

Leewei
2013-03-15, 01:46 PM
Not much opportunity yet for that AP. We'll see how it goes.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-15, 02:07 PM
Yes, the Orb of Menacing Impulse is "When you hit with an attack that targets Will" Trigger and makes the target move its speed away from you. I like to use it for provoking OAs from my allies, so wouldn't have used it even if I could have on that miss.

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 02:12 PM
So both my guess were right :smallwink:
It's too bad you got unlucky on that one... because it could had hurt him a lot... maybe even kill it with a little luck on the dwarves/Rikard OAs

NotScaryBats
2013-03-15, 02:25 PM
Yeah :(

Oh well, I've been about 50/50 and that's fine with me.

So, is Rikard a fighter? And am I correct that when I give him an MBA he marks the target?

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-15, 02:27 PM
Yeah :(

Oh well, I've been about 50/50 and that's fine with me.

So, is Rikard a fighter? And am I correct that when I give him an MBA he marks the target?

He is, and you're correct on that front (though he can choose whether or not to mark).

Dekkah
2013-03-15, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I kinda assume he mark when he attack.... is that ok with you Arq?

SO unless you tell me you dont want to mark, I will... becasue I think it is pretty rare you would not want to mark an enemy (maybe not to override Bolerum's mark) or if you are nearly dead and dont want to force attention... which is pretty much exceptions anyway.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-15, 02:34 PM
groovy, I like that. I believe I've used both uses of Majestic Word (1 on myself awhile ago, and 1 on Rikard just now)

Leewei
2013-03-15, 02:40 PM
Majestic Word is an Encounter Power -- maybe you'd like to regain one use of it?

NotScaryBats
2013-03-15, 03:53 PM
I already said I did Blunder (which I used) and the other one that escapes me atm that gives a save.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-17, 01:49 PM
Then our best hope of getting more heals is to off HBM1 so we get another Heroic Surge.

Does the party want Ace to focus on debuffing the bigger baddies or sweeping up minions on his next turn? I can dismount someone (like, say, Kodan or HBM1) with Beast Switch, or head south to try to kill that pack of archers with Beguiling Strands.

Leewei
2013-03-17, 10:03 PM
Yeah, kill HBM1. He's obnoxious. He's probably almost dead as well.

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 06:30 AM
It is stil Rikard turn.
Around non (if he did not reply) I'll use his default action (Stand up and use crushing surge on the wolf he flank)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 08:39 AM
Sorry to make you guys wait. I got busy Friday afternoon with my gf coming down, but I'm working on a turn now.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 08:46 AM
I'm just writing my turn out now so you can all criticize me and make fun of me at your convenience. :smalltongue:

Move Action: Stand Up
Move Action: Shift to O-4
Minor Action: Spend Second Wind
Spend Action Point to charge HBM1. Use Bull Charge.

Bull Charge Fighter Attack 3
You run into your enemy, taking a brutal swing. Your force knocks your enemy backward and to the ground. allowing you to step forward.
Encounter. Invigorating, Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Primary Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you push the target 1 square. You then shift 1 square to a square the target vacated. Make a secondary attack against the target.
Secondary Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: You knock the target prone.
Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

I'll roll in the IC.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 08:47 AM
That is my plan, unless I missed a rule that says you can shift one when you stand up. If I can, then I want to save my action point and use it to hit HBM1again. If not, then what I have is what it is. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 08:50 AM
Do you have a berseker cloak (that prevent Oa's on charge) or will you take Oa's from the wolves?

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 08:52 AM
NP buddy.

The 18-24 hours timer for your turn exclude the week end, so you still within time , so no pressure lol.

I just realised that I am not sure we had it when you were in the game, so here is the deal. During combat, once it is your turn, I give you 18 to 24 hours to reply and play your turn (excluding week ends), after which time I play your turn to the best of my knowledge with the option you gave me in the character summary (in your case, you told me to use Crushing surge (charging if possible and not engaged in melee). I am not sure you knew when you gave me the information, but you also could had asked me to simply put you on delay too (so you can play whenever you have time - Gillric use this option )

Note that if you have no time to post a full Ic post, I can accept that you simply tell in OOC what you wanted to do so I can resolve it and roll it for you (not ideal, but can happen from time to time).

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-18, 08:53 AM
You need an item or feat to shift one on standup. You get to shift one on grab escape, however.

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 08:56 AM
Shadow is right about the stand up /shift... note that you could charge from the position you are right now... so I guess you dont have way to prevent Oa's and you'd prefer to shift not to be flanked and grant CA on their Oa's so the wolves cannot trip you and foil your plan (I guess you should know by now that the wolves knock prone when they have CA by now :smalltongue:).

That is actually as decent turn to possibly finish off the beastmaster leader.. nothing to laugh at :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 08:57 AM
Yes, I have the Berserker's Badge necklace that allows me to ignore OA's from charging.

Also, no way that crappy attack roll hit. Sorry to waste it guys. :smallmad:

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 08:58 AM
Well the shift is unecessary.. charge is legal from the spot you are... you can move the 2 minimum squares, and each of your moves would bring you closer. (to O-3, then O-2)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 09:00 AM
You need an item or feat to shift one on standup. You get to shift one on grab escape, however.

I couldn't remember if it was an item or not. I don't have my rule book with me here on this computer, so sometimes I have to look stuff up or guess.

Also, Dekkah, if I can charge where I am, can I redo my turn to spend the action point for another attack instead? If so, Crushing Surge.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Crushing Surge Fighter Attack 1
The feel of your weapon crunching against the enemy puts your heart back in the fight.
At-Will . Invigorating, Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 09:01 AM
I couldn't remember if it was an item or not. I don't have my rule book with me here on this computer, so sometimes I have to look stuff up or guess.

Also, Dekkah, if I can charge where I am, can I redo my turn to spend the action point for another attack instead? If so, Crushing Surge.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Crushing Surge Fighter Attack 1
The feel of your weapon crunching against the enemy puts your heart back in the fight.
At-Will . Invigorating, Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Strength modifier at 21st level.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Three 1's in one combat? :smallfurious:

I am worthless this encounter. So much for me being heroic. :smallannoyed:

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 09:01 AM
Ok, yeah, that attack miss (even if you forgot to include the +1 for charge - not sur you did)
Since you miss you dont get the secondary attack.

The good news is that you still have a Standard (or you can keep your AP)... unless you reall y want to shift first.

What option do oyu take (KEep aP or use it)

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 09:02 AM
On miss with invigorating power, you still gain 3 THP right?

And yeah, that was really unlucky.

Good move, bad luck.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 09:04 AM
Its only a good move if it actually does something. :smallannoyed:

And no, I didn't include it. Thanks for reminding me.

And yes, yes I do gain the THP.

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 09:06 AM
I simply meant that your action choice were quite good.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 09:19 AM
I simply meant that your action choice were quite good.

I know. I'm just in a bad mood now due to something as dumb as random probability. I'm well aware that everyone rolls badly sometime, but 3 1's in one encounter seems a bit unlucky to me. I didn't say anything after the first of second 1, but three is just.......:smallsigh:

Anyway, sorry for ranting like a spoiled child. I'll stop now.

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 09:25 AM
Rain of steel damage on HDW 1 [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 09:46 AM
Dont worry about the ranting.. I know how you feel... happen often to me too lol.

Ok, Goblin dopred the last dwarf, wolves ganged up on Rikard again on HBM 1 orders (knocking Rikard prone again).

It is Ashe turn.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-18, 09:49 AM
Man, it's almost as if these dwarves are minions! Even with a bunch of THP, a simple goblin mook can drop them in one hit :smalltongue:.

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 09:58 AM
Lol... these are super minions!!
I gave them the ability to sink two hits (and I think that one even too a third hit from an other minion because of the THP sooner).

And GS2 isnt a mook... he hit to dwarf for 15 damages! :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 10:25 AM
Gillric Miss.

It is Monique turn.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-18, 06:17 PM
Lol... these are super minions!!
I gave them the ability to sink two hits (and I think that one even too a third hit from an other minion because of the THP sooner).

And GS2 isnt a mook... he hit to dwarf for 15 damages! :smallwink:

I doesn't seem right to make Dwarves minions. They are so hardy and tough. I like the way you are handling it, though, Dekkah. Still, it hurts my heart to be burying these brave warriors once its all over. /solemn tear

Dekkah
2013-03-18, 06:31 PM
Well one will survive unless an other monster go finish him off.. and who knows, they might roll a 20 and rise again or ave long enough for you to stabilise them (once the battle is over)

NotScaryBats
2013-03-18, 06:55 PM
Okay, neat, I hit with my daily. yay! I just hope it ends up being as useful as I hope it will be <3

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-18, 08:45 PM
Okay, neat, I hit with my daily. yay! I just hope it ends up being as useful as I hope it will be <3

When you used it on the Troll and Undead Guardian, those were both encounter-salvaging (especially on the Troll). It's very reasonable to expect it will be useful again.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 09:02 AM
I need a fate roll.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 09:13 AM
Monique SAve [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 09:59 AM
OK, I am ready to post now... so it is my turn to roll to see what your fate will be!
Fate roll [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 10:12 AM
Ok, it is Antione turn.
Note that GS12 is beside you (not easy to see because of his debuff status on the map.

Speaking of which, in the spirit of simplyfy my book keeping and make thing easy for you to see, are you guys using only the map, or do you use the Coordinated I put in the status?.
If no one use the coordinated ion the status ,i'll stop updating them... this is a pain lol.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 10:30 AM
BWT, if you see mistakes, tell me.

Also, I used Monique virtue of cunning to try to bother the arhcer with Bolerum :smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 11:04 AM
Since Rikard is prone, would I be able to use an ABurst 1 centered 2 squares above him to hit everything around him without hitting him?

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 11:09 AM
Ummm RAW wise, that would not work... but I like the idea (I'd had allowed it with a -1 to attack roll... but see bellow).

But thinking about it, these are all large monster.. they also are 10 feet high ...so you can aim your aoe 15 feet of the ground (2 square up) and hit only the monster even if Rikard is standing.

Also, I just noted I forgot to remove the mark on Bolerum (edited the status, map is still showing the cyan halo though until update)...

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I am mostly asking because they are large monsters, hence why I figured it would work.

There's more of a gray area when it comes to performing a maneuver like this vs. Medium monsters, since technically, following sensible geometry, anyone above 5 feet tall would have at least their head and possibly shoulders in the next square up, allowing them to be targeted in this way anyway, while someone who is prone would not stick out of their square like that. I suppose one could rule that ducking out of the square above you if you're a tall person would be a trivial action, though, so that would be as I said more of a gray area.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 11:28 AM
Yeah, that is grey area...
I'd keep it simple with the creature size in squares (hence using the basic idea that the 6 feet tall creature lower his head/duck) to dodge.

So even standing Rikard is out of reach if you your area is 1 square off the ground, but would hit the enemies that are large.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 11:32 AM
What I thought you were asking was more that since Rikard is prone, you would like to place your area limit just above him (let say 2,5 feet off the ground) so you can hit the others monsters (let's pretend their are medium creature for a second).

I do like the idea and I would had granted it.

But the more I think about it, the -1 I was thinking to give might be a little light and maybe it should be more -2 since you partially can hit them.

Leewei
2013-03-19, 11:37 AM
What I thought you were asking was more that since Rikard is prone, you would like to place your area limit just above him (let say 2,5 feet off the ground) so you can hit the others monsters (let's pretend their are medium creature for a second).

I do like the idea and I would had granted it.

But the more I think about it, the -1 I was thinking to give might be a little light and maybe it should be more -2 since you partially can hit them.

Perhaps count it as cover? -2 on attacks, but not cumulative with other cover?

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 11:39 AM
Leewei : SO you meant that the aoe attacker should still attack his ally but with cover penalties to his attack against him? That is an other solution.

Leewei
2013-03-19, 11:43 AM
He's excluding his ally by firing over his head. Since the enemy has legs and so on not in the area, might duck into a saddle, etc., I figured this would be most similar to cover. If you don't think so, that's fine -- just throwing in my 2 cents.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah, that can work too, logical since it is as if their lower part of their body is in some cover (out of reach)... in the end it end up quite the same... give -2 to the attack.

Anyway, this kind of situation wont happen very often either lol..

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 11:48 AM
Might happen more now that Ace has AoE At-Will powers, but only Stone Blood and Colour Spray are non-ally friendly so far.

Crit vs. Mount: [roll0] psychic damage.

Leewei
2013-03-19, 11:54 AM
Things are pretty tight at the moment. Waiting on resolution of Antoine's attacks before posting.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 11:56 AM
Antione Miss GWR1 , but hit everything else.

GWR 1 mount dies (GWR1 is in N-2)
The rest survive (nothing get blooodied)

It is Bolerum's turn.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 12:02 PM
I forgot to ask, but I guess you would go non leathal on the mount?
Since players basicly have the right to say they dont kill a monste rwhen they drop it, you can easyly say that.

Note : When I said nothing get bloodied, I also means that what was bloodied still is (GWR1 and HBM1 lol).

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 12:29 PM
Thinking about it, anyone who have access to the conpendium right now can check the mounted combat rule when your mount dies?
I am unsure if it count as a dismount adn that he must fall in a square adjacent.. if so, GWR 1 would be in L-1

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 12:34 PM
Cannot check compendium right now, but at the very least it counts as the mount falling prone.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 12:38 PM
Yeah, and mount falling prone force dismount to an adjacent square... that much I know.

A simple question... Free actions can be taken anytime right?

Can one take any free action once he know he is getting it hit, but before he takes damage?

I am unsure if there is some official ruling on this, but I guess it does make some sense (I think some free action actually trigger on hits and all).

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 12:42 PM
Yeah, free actions are usable any time with a legal trigger. It's why the artificer infusion that grants THP and is an untriggered free action is so powerful.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 12:47 PM
And so is this armor power :smallsmile:

Dwarven Armor Level 7
Crafted by the finest dwarf armorsmiths, this armor was once only available to dwarves, though now some armorsmiths will create a set for whoever can pay the price.
Lvl 7 +2 2,600 gp
Armor: Chain, Scale, Plate
Enhancement: AC
Property: Gain an item bonus to Endurance checks equal to the armor’s enhancement bonus.
Power (Daily ✦ Healing): Free Action. Regain hit points as if you had spent a healing surge.

Gillric
2013-03-19, 01:03 PM
um... Ashe has 16 Fortitude right now (17 when Oath target is bloodied) so 15 misses.

Leewei
2013-03-19, 01:12 PM
Assuming that 20 misses Kodan's AC, Bol will draw and drink a Healing Potion.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 01:14 PM
Oh, I forgot about healing potions! Dekkah, can Ace draw and drink one on his turn as well? I have two minor actions to spare.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 01:35 PM
Yep, 20 is a miss...

Yeah you can use a potion Shadow.

And I'll post HBM1 turn later (no time right now)

Gillric
2013-03-19, 01:42 PM
um... Ashe has 16 Fortitude right now (17 when Oath target is bloodied) so 15 misses.

Don't forget about this one.....

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 01:56 PM
Yeah, 'Ill correct it in my reply 9found some time to do it).

Damage from Rikard stance for HBM 1 [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 02:00 PM
Dekkah, a note on Rain of Steel: Although Rikard does not add his STR mod to the damage he does add any other damage roll modifiers he has to it. So, it should at least have his enhancement bonus included, if not anything else :smallsmile:.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 02:11 PM
Oh, ok, forgot about that... I'll check this out then.... might make a difference.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 02:22 PM
Arq, can you braek you damamge bonus sources for me?

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 02:24 PM
Scratch that. Sorry.

+1 Weapon Enhancement, +2 Feat Bonus (Dwarven Weapon Proficiency), +4 Strength Bonus, and +2 for wielding a hammer and having THPs. Currently, I onlu have a +7.

Leewei
2013-03-19, 02:26 PM
Level bonus doesn't apply to damage.

Bol should be at R-9, by the way -- he's trying to get within 5 of his allies to start hitting them with some inspirational powers.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 02:33 PM
Can I draw my throwing hammer as I stand up?

Gillric
2013-03-19, 02:35 PM
Drawing a weapon is a minor action

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 02:38 PM
Dammit. Alright, then I don't get the Daring Shout power off, and I reduce the damage I dealt by 2 to 9 total.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 02:40 PM
You're... going to take three Opportunity Attacks to attack HBM1? I feel like it's distinctly possible they'll just drop you and your attack will not go off. Perhaps consider a different target and get your THPs? Us living is more important right now than HBM dying.

Leewei
2013-03-19, 02:53 PM
I agree with Shadow Elf. HGM1 is a high priority target, but not that high.

Gillric
2013-03-19, 02:58 PM
I'll third that. Three OAs to get one guy is almost never a good idea

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 03:26 PM
You're... going to take three Opportunity Attacks to attack HBM1? I feel like it's distinctly possible they'll just drop you and your attack will not go off. Perhaps consider a different target and get your THPs? Us living is more important right now than HBM dying.

Isn't killing HBM 1 going to end encoutner 2 and gain us another Heroic Respite?

And honestly Shadow, I'm dead next turn either way. My options are extremely limited. Even if I use Daring Shout, gain 6 THPs, and mark everyone, I'm not going to survive another round without someone healing me. I've been trying to hold this line, but I've more or less failed completely due to my inability to roll squat. That said, I'll conform to the groups wisdom and try to take out the goblin behind me then.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 03:44 PM
Did you use your second wind? That is an other way to possibly buy some more time (15 HP, and +2 all defenses). hat or an attack to gain THP... but provoking Oas with the HP you have left is dangerous. And even if they drop you on your turn, staying up is preferable so they waste their attacks on you, rather than drop you with Oas, then move and attack others on your turn.... just a thought.

Also, as some pointed out, if you use your ranged weapon, they get to attack before you.. so if they hit and drop you, you dont even have the chance to do the attack. Do you still wish to do that ?

With the damage breakdown, your 1W should have been 1D10+3... so I'll add 3 damages to HDW1, HDW and HBM1 for the attacks they took from the stance already.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 03:51 PM
Also, with stance the added damage, HDW1 end up being bloodied.

So now I wait to see if Arq still use his throwing hammer or if he wants to change his attack. (I wait for confirmation before rolling Oas and resolving)

Note that only two wolves are adjacent to Arq now : after checking the mount ruling, GWR1 had to dismount adjacent (so he dismounted to L-1 = not adjacent)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 03:54 PM
Note that only two wolves are adjacent to Arq now : after checking the mount ruling, GWR1 had to dismount adjacent (so he dismounted to L-1 = not adjacent)

What!? I'm not even gonna be able to kill one of these wolves, and even if I do, I'll just get charged when HBM 1's turn comes back around again.

Fine, I'll attack the wolf that looks more hurt, whichever one that is.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 03:56 PM
Bolerum, I had missed the mvement in the post... map correct and it will appear in the new iC post from me.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-19, 04:41 PM
I doubt I can see do this while mounted, but can I use my boots daily to go invisible and move my speed?

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 05:37 PM
Bats : Sadly no, you cant active your boost and use the mount movement mode.

Arq : Rerolling your attack damage since you are gonna use your warhammer instead of the throwing hammer (I Guess) [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 05:45 PM
Rikard Stance damage on HDW1 [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 06:08 PM
Ok, it is Ashe turn.

Also, Monique probably can play as well since I doubt their turn will affect each others.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 06:14 PM
I just ntoed I forgot to add the slow to those hit by Antione... I just updated the monster statuses... but it doesnt change any of their action (they had enough movement to do it)

Gillric
2013-03-19, 06:21 PM
Finally got a critt, and on a daily too...

[roll0] plus [roll1] plus 45

Arq Kujos
2013-03-19, 06:31 PM
Bats : Sadly no, you cant active your boost and use the mount movement mode.

Arq : Rerolling your attack damage since you are gonna use your warhammer instead of the throwing hammer (I Guess) [roll0]

Thanks for rolling that for me Dekkah.

Dekkah
2013-03-19, 07:00 PM
Ok, ouch.... that bugbear now regret not to have used an other power that could had reduce that huge damage... oh well he is bloodied now

It is monique turn.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-19, 11:10 PM
lol it was a very thoughtful turn for monique, not really knowing what 'the best' answer to the current predicament is.

Hopefully, the peanut gallery won't show me something much more useful I could have done <3

Leewei
2013-03-19, 11:14 PM
Granting Antoine those bonuses is pretty optimal. He rolls attacks more than anyone else in our group.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-19, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the bonuses! Will try to make the most of them on my turn, but I am out of limited-use powers and having to fall back on at-wills. Will probably just end up spamming Stone Blood on HGM1 and company until he's dead and I can have Colour Spray back. I've got my Beast Switch at-will to dismount Kodan when I have some breathing room, so he and Bole can fight on even footing, as it were, and colour spray will go a long way to helping Rikard overcome the action economy he's up against.

Hopefully with Aspect of Might up and running, Ashe can dispatch the other bugbear quickly and come lay some damage on this ball of combat; with Ace on control, he's our only proper striker.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 06:26 AM
Ummm. Monique say she want to try finish off a bloodied enemy an dtarget GS12... one of the few monster who isnt bloodied.

Maybe she meant GS2... but on the other hand, GS12 is playing next and she might want to have him be engaged with bolerum so he have trouble attacking Monique or Antione.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 06:28 AM
Bolerum OA [roll0] [roll1]

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-20, 06:46 AM
Man, the dice really hate us this encounter, ey?

Arq Kujos
2013-03-20, 07:22 AM
Man, the dice really hate us this encounter, ey?

No kidding.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:06 AM
Well yes and no... remember when one of your rolled a 1 on the fate dice... well that summoned some help lol. (like Ashe 20 summoned some enemies)... so it balances out lol.

Ok, you guys got two heroic respite (you can spend two Surges and regain two encounter powers if you want). It is weird.. I would have thought the that respite would have been more spread out in time.. but they seem to trigger in pairs.

NOTe : HAC arrival doesnt really count as an encounter.. so you still are in encounter - thus you dont gain an AP this time as you only completed 3 encounters.

It is Antione turn.

If you see error, tell me.. that was a lot and I still have to read it again ot check for mistakes.

Gillric
2013-03-20, 08:10 AM
quick questions about the power used by the bugbear, does Ashe take the 5 if he attacks BW1?

Gillric
2013-03-20, 08:12 AM
Also, Ashe will spend one surge and regain:
Sequestering Strike
Elven Accuracy

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:16 AM
Oh no, he takes 5 when he activate it (I forgot to apply it to your HP... will correct it now).

Will also edit in you surge.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:20 AM
With the surge spend and the 5 damage applyed, Ashe is at 41/55.

NOTE : Sadly, when you can spend the second surge, you still where at 46/55 since BW1 had not played his turn.

Leewei
2013-03-20, 08:25 AM
Bolerum spends a surge and regains Heroic Effort.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:33 AM
Bolerum, did you notice you gain two respite? You can spend a second surge and regain a second encoutnre power if you want...

Bats : While you seemed to doubt the utility of giving Antione the weapon buff (+2 attack adn defenses), it saved him from going down. without it, the first goblin would had hit him (preventing you frfom sliding him) and the second would as well because he he would had had flanking for the attack. I am sure antione is happy about it!

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-20, 08:34 AM
Antoine regains Colour Spray and Glorious Presence, and spends 2 Surges. Turn will be up soon.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:38 AM
Oh, I also forgot to ask you for the fate roll!!.
Anyone can roll it!

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-20, 08:47 AM
Faaaaaaaaaate: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 08:57 AM
Ok, that is an all around hit!! (and to add to Monique score, two hit happened becasue of her +2 to Antiones attacks :smallbiggrin:)

Antoine kill GS2 and GS10.

The tide is turning now.... you havent won yet, but at least you spiraling down stoped.

It is Bolerum turn.

Here is an updated map to help you choose your turn.
I posted wrong map at the time here.
Also, did you omit on purpose the second heroic Respite buddy or did you not notice it ?)

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-20, 09:01 AM
Since Ace got an all-around hit, he's free to move now. Kodan is marked by Bole's Divine Challenge, right? If so, Ace will move to Q(-10) so Bole can shift into flanking with Pressing Strike.

EDIT: If Kodan is not already marked, Ace will still do it if Bole intends to mark him on this turn.

Leewei
2013-03-20, 09:02 AM
Bolerum, did you notice you gain two respite? You can spend a second surge and regain a second encoutnre power if you want...

Thanks! Spend another surge and recover Second Wind.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 09:14 AM
Ok Leewei : Consider Antione in Q-10 as he said...

That is a bold move, but CA for the melee is nice touch :smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-20, 09:16 AM
Oh, and that's not all! For my next trick, I will turn Kodan's mount back into a puppy, making him plop down on the ground with comedic drama!

Arq Kujos
2013-03-20, 09:22 AM
I want to spend two surges, please, and I'd like to regain Boulder Charge and my Second Wind if possible, please.:smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 09:29 AM
Lol, that would be nice to see.... and surely would piss him off.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-20, 09:33 AM
Oh, and that's not all! For my next trick, I will turn Kodan's mount back into a puppy, making him plop down on the ground with comedic drama!

If you can pull that off, I know an entire mining community of dwarves and humans that would love to see your entire act. :smallamused:

Leewei
2013-03-20, 10:08 AM
He pulled it off. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 10:10 AM
Yep, you dismounted Kodan :).

you can take the rest of your turn now :).

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 10:13 AM
And once you take the rest of your turn, it is Rikard's turn :).

I guess he can play his turn as I doubt bolerums move and minor will really affect Rikard's situation :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 10:22 AM
Also, dont forget that you take 5 fire damage at the star tof your turn (this doesnt get mitigated as it isnt coming from a goblin attack - you gained it from Kodan, but I dont think this reduction should apply since it is an independant fire on you now - plus it comes from his weapon).

On the good side, you regian 4 HP from hitting him :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 10:24 AM
You also have a save VS fire to make .

Leewei
2013-03-20, 10:33 AM
Save vs burnination: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 10:37 AM
Ok wow, the tides really have turned here lol

It is Rikard turn.

Here is an updated map.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8814/ambushsite.jpg

I had the wrong map... this one sohuld be better.

Gillric
2013-03-20, 10:37 AM
both "updated" maps look identical to me???

EDIT: nevermind, fixed now

EDIT2:

So it looks like we have the following enemies left:

BW1
BW2
GA1
GA2
GA3
GA4
HDW1
HDW4
GS12
GWR1
KODAN

plus 2 wolf mounts

Arq Kujos
2013-03-20, 10:46 AM
Yay. Another failed attack roll. Well, maybe, just MAYBE that CA will make the difference.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 10:46 AM
Yep, that is about it.

I know I dont put every enemies in the monster status now, but it is simplify my bookeeping.
I add a monste rwhen he get some status effect only usually.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-20, 10:59 AM
Wait, I'm confused. Was the map in the IC thread right or the map you just posted?

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 11:04 AM
The Ic last reply map was right... but before Antione and Bolerum turn.

antione did some major rework of the map... the last map in this thread (theone that I post at 11:37) is the up to date map for your own turn.

Does it change something?

Rikard stance damage on HDW 4,[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 11:09 AM
Since Ace got an all-around hit, he's free to move now. Kodan is marked by Bole's Divine Challenge, right? If so, Ace will move to Q(-10) so Bole can shift into flanking with Pressing Strike.

EDIT: If Kodan is not already marked, Ace will still do it if Bole intends to mark him on this turn.

Ummm. I just noticed this as I read again for some information... Kodan isnt marked... and Bolerum did not do it on his turn (not sure if this is on purpose or if he forgot... Leewei??

Leewei
2013-03-20, 11:12 AM
Ummm. I just noticed this as I read again for some information... Kodan isnt marked... and Bolerum did not do it on his turn (not sure if this is on purpose or if he forgot... Leewei??

I thought Kodan was marked a while back. If he isn't marked for some reason, use that minor action to do so. One way or the other, Kodan should be marked.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 11:16 AM
Ok, my IC status might be wrong, but I dont recall you marking him (you kinda had other things to do with minors at first I think.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 11:18 AM
I am gonna assume Arq doesnt want to change his turn (because the map is different.

It is Ashe turn.

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 11:33 AM
Ashe hit BW1 and deal half damage to him (5 damages).

It is Monique turn.

Monique, check the map and status, a lot changed since your last turn :smallbiggrin:

Also, you have the opportunity to spend up to 2 healing surge to heal yourself and regain up to 2 encounter power (check IC for more details)

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-20, 11:40 AM
Though I cannot question the efficacy of your offensive encounter powers, Bats, might I suggest that you regain some Majestic Word uses? It might be a while before we can off Kodan and get another Heroic Surge; he's not even bloodied, after all. So some sources of healing to fall back on would be a good thing.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-20, 02:28 PM
What's the word on MW, Dekkah? Do I regain one use for 1 encounter power, or is it 1use per slot?

Dekkah
2013-03-20, 02:40 PM
Each Majestic word use can be regained individually.
So you can regain either 2 majestic words, 1 majestic word and an other encounter power or two other encounter powers... it is your choice.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-21, 12:01 AM
Okay, I will regain two Majestic Words and spend two healing surges for ultimate healing power lol.

IC incoming.

Leewei
2013-03-21, 12:06 AM
In light of what's coming up, I'm very glad you did that!

NotScaryBats
2013-03-21, 12:09 AM
lol omg another 1 that is too funny XD

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 07:48 AM
I'd need a fate roll, from anyone please.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-21, 08:39 AM
[roll0]

Let's see if these ones will start working in our favor. :smallwink:

Close enough.

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 09:33 AM
Lol, yeah that was nearly a 1... :)

Done with my turn.

The incoming enemies are 2 round from entering the battle ini.

Why did I put a damage reduction on Greenbane, why!!
Oh well, you better thank Greenbane Bolerum!

It is Antione turn.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-21, 09:42 AM
More Riders? Man, this is starting to feel like Black Hawk Down. Let's just hope it ends differently than the real Black Hawk Down. :smalleek:

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 10:33 AM
Are you really scared of a few goblins? :smallamused:

Seriously, what di you expect, you keep attacking and decimating them... did you really think they would not try to stop you? (ok Rikard doesnt know everything the other did, but they kinda forced the goblins to act :smalltongue:)

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 11:27 AM
NO move, no minor Shadow?

You hit Kodan (dazed now)
You miss GS 12
You hit and kill GA4

It is Bolerum turn.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-21, 11:38 AM
I will move 1 sq west and draw a potion.

I really wish I had all my powers for this level... Another daily with Emerald Eye would be handy.

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 11:40 AM
I guess so... this is part of this encounter difficulty :smallwink:.

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 11:41 AM
By west you mean strait west, or north-west adjacent to the free wolf mount?

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 11:46 AM
Leewei : Did you count CA in your attacks (it is relevant for the first one)

Leewei
2013-03-21, 11:47 AM
Use Heroic Effort for +4 to the attack roll if Kodan's AC is higher than 22. Also, Righteous Smite should do 2d10+Cha damage rather than d10+Str, so here's the net damage change: [roll0].

Edit: CA was included, Dekkah.

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 11:57 AM
22 would be a miss, so you have to expend heroic effort.... and 26 VS AC does hit for 21 damages (granting 6 THP to Monique, Bolerum, Antione, Bolerums mount and Monique mount)

Would you include the unused mount in your allies Bolerum? (I kinda know you guys are trying to salvage the mounts)

THe other hit bloody Kodan!!! and push him to Q-8

It is Rikard's turn.

Leewei
2013-03-21, 12:14 PM
By Rules as Written, a mount only counts as an ally when in use, so I won't consider it as such. Bol also gets 8HP for smacking Kodan twice. He's now at 16HP with 6THP. Quite bloodied, but no longer at death's door.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-21, 12:20 PM
Mounting the wolf mount is a move action, correct?

Edit: And does it provoke an OA?

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-21, 12:20 PM
Oh yeah, Ace should gain 4 HP too. And yes, you are right Dekkah, northwest to the mount.

With everyone but Ashe mounted at the end of next turn, we should be able to run if things go badly (since with Aspect of Might Ashe outruns a wolf anyway!)

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 12:28 PM
Quite a nice start of turn again for you... did you did some offering to the dice god?

And no ARQ, mounting doesnt provoke Oa... so you can safely do it.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-21, 12:32 PM
I'm an idiot! I forgot to add in my Iron Arm Bands of Power the whole time!!!!

I should be rolling an 11 when I have THP, a 9 without it, and I should be rolling 1d10+5! :smallredface:

Gillric
2013-03-21, 12:35 PM
I think BW1 moved away from Ashe at one point there so I should have been doing 6 more damage. I think it was before he entered the stance so it would only have been 3.

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 12:41 PM
OK, Rikard hit HDW 1 (he survive)

HDW1 will simply move back beside you and try to bite you , 22 VS AC (Miss)
HDW 4 will bite , 26 VS AC , 11 damages.

Ashe, I added the 6 damage and BW1 still is alive.

It is your turn (No time to post a full Ic reply now, but that should not prevent Ashe from being able to post).

Note that you are prone Ashe.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-21, 12:45 PM
OK, Rikard hit HDW 1 (he survive)

HDW1 will simply move back beside you and try to bite you , 22 VS AC (Miss)
HDW 4 will bite , 26 VS AC , 11 damages.

Thats's what I wanted. Its another turn of not being flanked.:smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 12:47 PM
WEll at the mental state they are right now and with no beastmaster to guide them, you'd have to place yourself between them for them to actually flank you lol.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-21, 12:49 PM
I really hope we win this. I wanna skin these guys and have them added to my armor as embelishments. :smallcool:

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 12:51 PM
Opss, almost forgot... Rikard free damage on HDW4 at the star tof the monster turn [roll0] (Added the bracer damage to this)

Leewei
2013-03-21, 02:58 PM
Kodan's Dazed condition means he probably can't attack unless he charges. If you haven't moved yet, make sure he can't reach you, or that you have exactly one square between you and him.

It looks like he's an elite, but he may be a solo (i.e. 2APs), so have care -- he deals a ton of damage, as you've seen.

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 03:38 PM
I wont be able to post tonight.
So once Ashe play his turn, Monique should play hers as well (chances are that I'll only reply tommorow morning)

Here is an update map of the main battle for Monique (this take into account Antione, Bolerum and Rikard turns)
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3664/ambushsiten.jpg

Dekkah
2013-03-21, 04:57 PM
Ashe kill BW1.. I guess he will oath the other??

It is Moniue turn.

I am leaving for the ret of the night... see ya tommorow

Gillric
2013-03-21, 05:01 PM
yes, oath BW2

Leewei
2013-03-22, 08:29 AM
NotScaryBats, I believe Kodan is dazed. He's already granting CA. Thanks for the healing!

Assuming the MBA is granted, here it goes: [roll0] (CA included) vs AC for [roll1] damage (+2 for bloodied target included).

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 08:37 AM
Still, Monique CA granting will work for your next round (the daze will end on Antione turn... and you play after him, but before Monique ) so it is still worth it.

Beside, from the way Monique wrote it, it would not had worked for the free attack anyway since it seems that it require the enemy to be adjacent to Bolerum on the helm activation.

Still, 'Ill assume she will use it after her attack, and before she slide Bolerum away again and GRant Bolerum CA on Kodan for his next turn.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 08:57 AM
olerum forgotten SAve VS Slow (not that it matter much, but it can be important if he get thrown off his mount somehow) [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-03-22, 09:08 AM
I was about to come and charge Kodan to help you out, but all this dazing and CA makes me think you'll be just fine.

Unless you want me to come and help you out. :smallsmile:

Leewei
2013-03-22, 09:57 AM
Nah. Mop up the others and get ready for the next wave of attackers.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 10:30 AM
Ok, finaly posted my monstrer turn... Man, you beet appreciate Greebane... you are still concious because of him again!.... reduce 3 attacks and deflected 1 arrow..:smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2013-03-22, 10:42 AM
These HAVE to be the most well organized goblins I've ever fought in any of my D&D encounters. :smallamused:

Hopefully, we're about to eat up all the reinforcements in the immediate area which will give us time to escape.

Leewei
2013-03-22, 11:04 AM
Ok, finaly posted my monstrer turn... Man, you beet appreciate Greebane... you are still concious because of him again!.... reduce 3 attacks and deflected 1 arrow..:smalltongue:

I think the arrow would have missed Bol due to prone status. Still, gotta love that Resist All. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 12:04 PM
I might have forgotten to mention it in the crunch, but on the roll, I applyed the -2 to attacks. It is like when Kodana attacked you, I may have foggothen to mention the +2 since you are prone, but I did include it in the rolls.

And yeah, these are organised troops... I'll let you guess what their job among the clan his (Some alraedy know I think lol).

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 12:08 PM
Since you've ask about it before and might want to use the fact that bolerum is prone to do it here here is how I rule you using an Area burst over Bolerum, but low enough to hit standing enemies : you get -2 to your attack on these enemies.

Leewei
2013-03-22, 12:09 PM
Oh? Well then, Greenbane rocks!

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 12:43 PM
I was pretty sure a 21 hit fortitude, so I included the very specific fluff text for a hit with the spell. Now that he is prone and exactly 1 sq. away from Bole and I, he can't attack us unless he crawls and takes the -2 to attacks.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 12:51 PM
SAdly, 21 miss... fort is one of his good defenses.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-22, 12:52 PM
It was my birthday yesterday, but I worked all day -- so my lovely wife is taking me out to the museum today <3

It'll be a lot of fun, but I'm going to be away from The Playground all day potentially, so I posted a quick mock-up of what I expect my turn to be (I hope that is okay)

Anyway, feel free to edit it or whatever as necessary if the battlefield changes significantly, but I think the general idea is sound -- that soldier and his sliding attack really screwed up Antoine and my control last turn :(!!

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 12:52 PM
If Rikard spends his Second Wind, he'll revive the two dwarves and the human archer in the burst of the Standard of Healing, which will give us more damage sinks, if nothing else. If they go down, we can always use the Battle Standard to get them on their feet again.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 12:53 PM
Did you think about CA (he is still dazed) ?

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 12:54 PM
I did include CA... damnit! That was a good damage roll and a great opportunity for the slide and prone... His Fortitude is higher than my AC!

Leewei
2013-03-22, 12:56 PM
Waiting on attack resolution before posting my turn. Kodan's AC is 23+, so his Fort defense may actually be over 21.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:05 PM
Antione miss.

It is Bolerum (If antione is done).

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I guess I am done... :smallfrown: But now Antoine looks like an idiot, not backing up his threats. Curse you, dice!

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:09 PM
And Kodan is actually a monste r I took directly from the monster tool.... (just changed his fluff). and I must say I am quite happy on how it fit in this situation :smallsmile:

Leewei
2013-03-22, 01:12 PM
He appears to be a Hobgoblin Commander made into an Elite with some extra gear thrown in.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:19 PM
He is Kodan, Hobgoblin commander in the monster builder.

The only thing I changed his is fluff (use a great axe instead of his Shield and spear).
I did not adjust his defense nor his attack and damage from that changeand simply let him like he was for simplicity sake (on my part), but I did give him some magic gear (which is actually loot for you in the end lol) and use it.

Consdiering his magical enhanced armor, his defense would not have changed much anyway (he only would have lost 2 Reflex from the shield lost.).

He is actually a quite simple monster, but with a good punch :smalltongue:

Anyway, I am quite happy with the encounter so far... if turned out quite good (at least I had fun with it). If you disliked something, tell me.

Leewei
2013-03-22, 01:19 PM
Crit on GS2: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:20 PM
Good lord... Gtreenbane crit on a goblin... ouche lol.

Leewei
2013-03-22, 01:22 PM
Assuming GS12 is now bisected, I re-fluffed the melee attack.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 01:24 PM
Magical Gear typically doesn't give its enhancement bonuses to monsters, since their numbers scale with level instead of gear like PCs. They can still use the powers and properties of the items, but the bonus is not usually meant to be applied.

EDIT: Nice crit, Leewei!

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:25 PM
Ok that crit kill GS12 outright (lol he was not even bloodied)
You also hit kodan... but he live on!

It is Rikard's turn.
If you wonder what Shadow_elf talk about, the Purple aura you see on the map (the one you are in ) is the effect of the battle standard of healing.... so if you spend an healing surge (like with an Second wind - or any other way) you and every ally in the aura regain 1 HP - whchi will rise your fallen (and still alive) allies.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:28 PM
I know shadow, I am just saying I did not lower his defenses from removing his shield, as I did not change his damage dices nor give him the high crit proprety from changing his weapon for a greataxe (which in my mind balance itself out in the end). I simply used the monster out of the box and adjusted the fluff to fit my needs.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 01:32 PM
I know shadow, I am just saying I did not lower his defenses from removing his shield, as I did not change his damage dices nor give him the high crit proprety from changing his weapon for a greataxe (which in my mind balance itself out in the end). I simply used the monster out of the box and adjusted the fluff to fit my needs.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that makes sense; I do that too on occasion. I thought his damage went up with the weapon change but his AC didn't go down (which I guess would also have been fine). In any case, he's not unmanageable. Monique is keeping Bole alive, so it's really just a battle between Bolerum's surge pool and Kodan, who has no one to heal him :smalltongue:.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:36 PM
Yeah, kinda lol. This is a thight fight, but now with the death of his ally and monique that will hit him and debuff him, he just kinda lost 4 to his attack rolls (no flank and -2), and a possible attack from GS12.... I think Bolerum pool will win unles sI am extremely lucky lol.

and the fluff change had a reason (you actually are the only one to know why lol... needed it to fit in the game:smallwink:)

Leewei
2013-03-22, 01:43 PM
Yessss
10 character limit sucks, eh?

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:49 PM
And I almost forgot.

Happy birthday Bats!.
Seem like the furom dice rollergifted you with a hit too! :smallwink:

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:50 PM
Lol.... wrong thread.. but I guess that answer what happen with the wolf and Kodan lol.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 01:50 PM
Oh, how crass of me. Happy Birthday, Bats!

Leewei
2013-03-22, 01:52 PM
Something to keep in mind for future encounters, guys -- most of Bol's powers that boost allies have a range of 5. Keeping together, unless we have a strong tactical reason not to do so, will make us far more effective.

Edit: Also, Happy Birthday!

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 01:53 PM
NOTE : I did delete the post where I rolled the dice here by mistake... but dont worry I kept the rolls loged adn will use them.
I just removed them not to influence Rikards turn. :smallwink:

Leewei
2013-03-22, 05:00 PM
NotScaryBats: Sliding Bol into range of the standard will grant an extra HP on heals to him as well as every ally that is in range and not dead. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this without leaving Bol adjacent to Kodan. The good news is, that'll wake up unconscious NPC allies.

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-22, 05:16 PM
Well, since my prone spell missed, whether or not Bole is adjacent isn't really relevant, is it?

Leewei
2013-03-22, 05:32 PM
Also true. Actually, staying adjacent is probably better since he can't charge and can't easily decide to take down a softer target.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 07:09 PM
Rikard hit and kill GS3.
SAdly, charge ends your turn (it is a rule for the charge action), so you cannot use pass forward after it.

it is Ashe turn.

Dekkah
2013-03-22, 07:11 PM
Also, HDW1 will charge Rikard and miss (24 VS AC)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-22, 09:42 PM
Rikard hit and kill GS3.
SAdly, charge ends your turn (it is a rule for the charge action), so you cannot use pass forward after it.

it is Ashe turn.

There is a feat I can take for that, but yes, I forgot. Thank you.

Gillric
2013-03-23, 06:40 PM
sorry for the delay guys, Fridays have been an RL game day lately and a 10 or 12 hour session tends to eat up my time, lol.

Will try to figure out what the devil to do next here shortly.

Dekkah
2013-03-24, 09:24 AM
Ok, round 16 ended!
The new enemies are here!

Can anyone roll an fate roll please.

It is Antione turn.

Dekkah
2013-03-24, 09:27 AM
This round was disastrous for the enemies lol...

Only kodan and BW2 are still standing (Plus the 4 new riders).
An other rider is incoming (will enter the battle next round).

Also, as I said in the Ic crunch, I am not sure that the battle standard should have been trigger since the surge spending is written before the slide.. but since it is written under the same effect line, I granted it (it is cool too)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-24, 09:41 AM
What is the movement speed on the wolf mount?

Dekkah
2013-03-24, 10:05 AM
The movement is 8.

Kodans mount and the beastmaster mount have these stats.
Dire Wolf
Large natural beast (mount)
HP 67; Bloodied 33
Initiative +7
AC 19, Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 16 Perception+9
Speed 8
Low-light vision

Traits
Pack Harrier
The wolf has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to two or more of the wolf’s allies.

Pack Hunter (mount)
The wolf’s rider has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to one of the rider’s allies other than the wolf.

Standard Actions
Bite At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +10 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 4 damage, or 3d8 + 4 against a prone target. The target falls prone if the wolf has combat advantage against it.
Str 19 (+6) Dex 16 (+5) Wis 14 (+4)
Con 19 (+6) Int 5 (-1) Cha 11 (+2)

All other mounts are Young dire wolf:
Young Dire Wolf
Large natural beast (mount)
Level 3 Skirmisher
XP 150
HP 50; Bloodied 25
Initiative +6
AC 18, Fortitude 17, Reflex 16, Will 15 Perception+8
Speed 8
Low-light vision

Traits

Pack Harrier
The wolf has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to two or more of the wolf’s allies.

Pack Hunter (mount)
The wolf’s rider has combat advantage against any enemy that is adjacent to one of the rider’s allies other than the wolf.
Standard Actions
Bite At-Will
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +8 vs. AC
Hit: 2d8 + 2 damage, or 3d8 + 2 against a prone target. The target falls prone if the wolf has combat advantage against it.
Str 19 (+5) Dex 16 (+4) Wis 14 (+3)
Con 19 (+5) Int 5 (-2) Cha 11 (+1)

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-24, 05:29 PM
Fate roll: [roll0]

Gillric
2013-03-24, 07:26 PM
little confused here

At the end of the round all the new baddies move closer, then the leader goes again right away at the top of the round?

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-24, 07:27 PM
I think the issue here is that his mount, being Large, has more move than those of his inferiors. This has allowed him to be substantially ahead of his underlings.

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 09:16 AM
I guess I understand what confuse you here.

I did like I have for the wolves group (encoutner 3).
I warned you about them incoming, telling they would join the initiative in two round (in round 17), but only rolled their initiative at the start of round 17.
Until round 17, I was simply giving you a update of their movements/action at the end of each round (to simplify my own turns and reduce my own bookeeping).

The only reason he plays first is because I rolled 20 on his ini, placing him at the top. So IC, he did not really move at the end of each round but at the start (he probably was riding a few feat before his crew) or maybe Shadow explanation can be used for fluff and his wolf is stronger and simply bursted in speed at the last second.

An other thing about the ini is that while you go in different turns, everything would happen relatively at the same time in raelity, but in round terms, sometimes it look quite separated.
Let take a simply situation to illustrate :
Ashe run after an enemy.
The enemy is the first to go in the rond, there is 12 creature playing, then Ashe play last.
In game term, the monste rwill move away and will apear to be away from Ashe during all the time the others creature play their turn, then Ashe run after him. But in reality, Ashe simply would be running after the monster staying right behind him all the time.

So the same thing kinda happened here. Since I did not add the rider in the ini roaster, I did not define a when they play and simply stated that they rode roward you at each end of round and stated them as riding toggether.

That being said, I am sorry I confused you here. I kinda assumed you all understood that as I did the same with the wolf encounter. The initiative is a little flawed for that purpose and next time I'll roll one round in advance to give you an idea of their order in the roaster.

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 09:21 AM
Ok, with Kodan dead, you all gain an Action point and an heroic respiste (you can spend an healing surge and regain one encounter power).

It is Rikard turn.

Gillric
2013-03-25, 09:23 AM
Ok, that would be good, I sorta assumed I had another round before they could reach me based on them moving half the distance the last time and then me adding another 9 to the distance between me and them

Gillric
2013-03-25, 09:25 AM
Also, spend another surge for Ashe and regain Angelic Alacrity

Shadow_Elf
2013-03-25, 09:29 AM
Don't think Ace really needs to spend a surge, but he will regain Colour Spray.

Leewei
2013-03-25, 11:09 AM
It has been a while, but I think Bol's actually running low on surges. :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 11:11 AM
Well you kinda took quite a beating so far lol.

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 11:53 AM
I just replied Ic with what I expect to be your surge usage (Monique wont need to use one since she if full, and Rikard probably will want to use one as he is just a little above half HP - he still will be short fgrom full after that surge usage). If I guessed wrong, correct me. (and I'd like to know what power you recharge too)

It is Rikard turn.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-25, 12:55 PM
I will spend the surge, and I'll get back Hack and Hew, since its my only encounter ability that I still have to regain.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-25, 12:57 PM
I'll have a post up within the hour. :smallsmile: Just waiting on the workday to be over.

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 01:08 PM
It's alright Arq.

Note that I rule (house rule) that corpse create difficult terrain.

Take that into account on your movements.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-25, 01:37 PM
Can I use my boots power to shift if I'm mounted?

Arq Kujos
2013-03-25, 01:38 PM
It's alright Arq.

Note that I rule (house rule) that corpse create difficult terrain.

Take that into account on your movements.

I believe, if I counted correctly while including the mount's movement, the difficult terrain, and then the charge, that I did it correctly. If I can't end a double move (without a run) at L-10, please let me know so I can not waste that action point.

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 02:05 PM
OK your charge hit , so you push him away from AShe (that does help Ashe a lot lol) then engage him with your shift. Also, you mark GWRL1.

Here is your secondary attack broken roll [roll0]

Here is the save VS pronage from being mounted if needed. [roll1]

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 02:06 PM
The pronage attack miss...

So in the end, GWRL1 is pushed to K-21/L-20 and is marked by Rikard.
Rikard is in K-19/L-18

It is Ashe turn.

Arq Kujos
2013-03-25, 02:10 PM
The pronage attack miss...

So in the end, GWRL1 is pushed to K-21/L-20 and is marked by Rikard.
Rikard is in K-19/L-18

It is Ashe turn.

I rolled a secondary hit in my post.

I see now that it didn't roll the dice, but that's ok. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 02:11 PM
I know, but it is broken (adding a roll in an edit doesnt work)

Arq Kujos
2013-03-25, 02:13 PM
I know, but it is broken (adding a roll in an edit doesnt work)

Right, I noticed that. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-03-25, 05:46 PM
Ashe hit and teleport as he said in his post.

It is Monique turn.

If you aim for BW2 Bats, read Ashe post to learn where he is now.

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 07:30 AM
Ashe MBA [roll0] [roll1]

Gillric
2013-03-26, 07:40 AM
you roll twice for that attack....
[roll0] - Second roll

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 08:53 AM
Rikard stance on GWRL1 [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 09:06 AM
ALright, this battle is done (there is still possibilities if you try to pursue the fleeing army of 40 that battle will start again... all depends on what you do)

So now it is roleplay time ... no initiative for now.

Dekkah
2013-03-26, 10:09 AM
Just letting you guys know in advance that this is a long week-end for me coming up and that I probably wont have much time to reply from Thursday night up to next monday night.
I shall be completly MIA at least saterday and sunday (out of town with wife and kid)