PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Grandpre Academy (OOC)



Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Arq Kujos
2013-05-15, 09:48 PM
Leader is the most important role in party, but I'd be interested in seeing how a party functions without one, even if just for a little while.

We'll have to get through the Fort without one. That ought to be a good test.

And besides, don't you remember back when it was Ace, Eliael, and that striker Malai? I think we also had a warlock or something like a ranged striker.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-15, 09:50 PM
Right, right. I do remember that! It was brief though, because Kallik died and Malai faded to black. I know that Kallik's player replaced him with a Leader afterwards, though.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-15, 09:53 PM
Right, right. I do remember that! It was brief though, because Kallik died and Malai faded to black. I know that Kallik's player replaced him with a Leader afterwards, though.

Yeah, I feel bad about Malai. I brought my gf in, and she played, and then got bored and dropped out. Very embarrassing.

I'm glad Eliael got to die with some importance. He was a great character, but I was not a swordmage player. I'm still not really one. Its a good class, but its not my thing. Paladins and Fighters are my thing. :smallbiggrin:

Now, this may be dumb, but Ace is Antoine, correct? I'm not tripping out?

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-15, 10:06 PM
Yes. Same character, but he decided to stop hiding behind a pseudonym.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-16, 08:52 AM
We need someone with some more ranged powers. I wonder if we could find a lazer cleric? That would be nice. :smalltongue:

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-16, 09:01 AM
Antoine/Ace has plenty of ranged powers. We can't be too picky if we're rerecruiting; I'd rather have an all-melee Warlord who's a dedicated poster than a laser Cleric who only posts on weekends and drops the game after three months :smalltongue:.

Dekkah
2013-05-16, 09:01 AM
If you want me to recruit a new character, I dont mind... it is up to you.

As for the Fort Battle, I was planning to have Monique go with you (it would not make sense for her to withdraw right now). But i'll play her as a simple at will character with two majestic words (and cunning virtue)... she will be basicly a NPC ;)

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-16, 09:16 AM
Well, that will certainly help for the fort battle, though it won't show us how well we could manage without a healer :smalltongue:. Still, those two Majestic Words should come in handy.

Dekkah
2013-05-16, 09:20 AM
Well I really dont mind finding a reason for Monique to stay behind (High priest could ask her to help in the camp to treat the injured).

It is up to you.. if you really want to see how it is without a healer, I can do that.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-16, 09:21 AM
Nah, if we're going on an insane solo suicide mission, I would like to have a healer, in an ideal world :smalltongue:.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-16, 10:09 AM
Antoine/Ace has plenty of ranged powers. We can't be too picky if we're rerecruiting; I'd rather have an all-melee Warlord who's a dedicated poster than a laser Cleric who only posts on weekends and drops the game after three months :smalltongue:.

That's a good point. I was just throwing out ideas.


If you want me to recruit a new character, I dont mind... it is up to you.

As for the Fort Battle, I was planning to have Monique go with you (it would not make sense for her to withdraw right now). But i'll play her as a simple at will character with two majestic words (and cunning virtue)... she will be basicly a NPC ;)

I think we ought to rerecruit one, but Shadow is right. They ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST be willing to post nearly everyday.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-16, 10:51 AM
Too bad we can't make some kind of cage out of blades. That way, when they revert, the blades slice and dice them, and they get pushed up as giant slabs of meat, rather than as a giant. Or is that too sadistic?

Gillric
2013-05-16, 03:55 PM
Leader is the most important role in party, but I'd be interested in seeing how a party functions without one, even if just for a little while.

It can be done. I have played in one shots as a two player group (Paladin and Avenger). Albeit, we optimized the hell out of our chars.

As for ranged leaders, there are several good options so its a definite possibility to get one.

Dekkah
2013-05-16, 07:16 PM
Just letting you know that this is a long week end for me and that my kid is sick.
I may not have time to reply much until tuesday.
Sorry.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-16, 07:32 PM
Just letting you know that this is a long week end for me and that my kid is sick.
I may not have time to reply much until tuesday.
Sorry.

No worries, Dekkah. Enjoy your Victoria Day and hope the little one feels better quickly :smallsmile:,

Arq Kujos
2013-05-16, 07:36 PM
Just letting you know that this is a long week end for me and that my kid is sick.
I may not have time to reply much until tuesday.
Sorry.

I'm sorry your kid is sick. I hope they gets better. If you need more time or anything, its all good.

Leewei
2013-05-21, 07:24 AM
I hope all is well, Dekkah!

Arq Kujos
2013-05-21, 07:52 AM
If you need more time with your family, Dekkah, please take it. We all know that family is what's most important in life. :smallsmile:

Dekkah
2013-05-21, 08:25 AM
I'm back on track today.. but i have a lot of things on my plate.. I'll try to at least forward the IC a little (answer your questions and stuff)... but we almost are ready to move forward to the action/battle..

Arq Kujos
2013-05-21, 09:02 AM
I'm back on track today.. but i have a lot of things on my plate.. I'll try to at least forward the IC a little (answer your questions and stuff)... but we almost are ready to move forward to the action/battle..

So long as we can keep rping, we'll be ok for another day. :smallwink:

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 11:57 AM
I have an idea guys. What if Ace turns into a goblin shaman and tries to lure the leader and his group into the tunnels? That way, Rikard and Bolerum can form a pretty deadly wall and our ranged guys can start to cut them down with ranged fire. Ashe can dart in and out of the groups, cutting down goblins.

By limiting their access to us and to seeing us, we can pull off the gate guard with little attention from Gramliz and the giants, and we can keep our damage from the archers down too.

What do you guys think?

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-24, 12:04 PM
I am up for some disguise foolery, but I doubt I would be able to pull an important enemy into a trap. I might be able to bait a squad of mooks, though.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 12:11 PM
I am up for some disguise foolery, but I doubt I would be able to pull an important enemy into a trap. I might be able to bait a squad of mooks, though.

Even if its just a squad of mooks, its one less squad that we'll have to fight while fighting giants, hobgoblins, and archers. I'm worried about a few of them starting to focus fire on us, especially the less armored ones like Ace and Monique.

As for the rest, well, we'll have to try and give Jieung's forces some breathing room to break the wall on their side. With a double breech, we can stretch the goblins out more thinly and help crush their resolve.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-24, 12:24 PM
Also, telling them about the breach from below gives us the element of surprise on whoever I bait in, but then we lose the element of surprise on the giants. Is that a worthwhile exchange?

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 12:45 PM
Also, telling them about the breach from below gives us the element of surprise on whoever I bait in, but then we lose the element of surprise on the giants. Is that a worthwhile exchange?

I think we've already lost that advantage because the giants are far away from us, with several enemy groups between us and them.

Dekkah
2013-05-24, 12:51 PM
:smallamused:..... that is an interesting question! :smalltongue:

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 12:55 PM
I still think our new best option would be to help breach the wall by Jieung's forces so we can flank and surround the goblins in the fort, while we and the reserve forces hold the back gate. Then, its a 3 way slaughter, that, admittedly will not be easy thanks to the giants, but it utilizes our forces in the safest and most optimal way possible.

The only reason to change would be if we found a way to bring the giants to us without losing our element of surprise. If anyone can figure out how to do that, I'm all ears.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-24, 01:00 PM
We promised to make hell for the giants, though. I am not comfortable changing the plan on the fly at this point; William is relying on us to divert the giants' attention from the front wall. Jieung's forces are softening up the back wall for the northern army.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 01:04 PM
We promised to make hell for the giants, though. I am not comfortable changing the plan on the fly at this point; William is relying on us to divert the giants' attention from the front wall. Jieung's forces are softening up the back wall for the northern army.

I feel the same way, but how on earth are we gonna get to them without bringing the entire goblin army down on our heads?

I don't see a way. If you find a way, I'm 100% behind you, but I don't see it and I don't know how we are gonna get to the giants to actually take care of them.

Also, side note. If the giants are throwing rocks, wait until one has one over its head, and hit it with the frog spell. Maybe we'll get lucky and the rock will crush the frog and break his neck.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-24, 01:42 PM
Oh, I took a look at the map again and I see your point. Gunna think about the scenario a bit more and then make a recommendation, but I like your idea of presenting ourselves as sort of a fourth or fifth front the goblins have to content with. The issue is, that even as we split their forces, it's less effective for us than them, since they're centralized and we're split apart.

Leewei
2013-05-24, 03:32 PM
We could simply grab medical supplies and rush the giants with Monique and Antoine disguised as goblins; a pair of armored figures with visors down might be missed. Perhaps Ashe could hide under linens on a stretcher being borne by the two burly, armored guys?

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 04:05 PM
Why would we be carrying them out of the infirmary?

Leewei
2013-05-25, 11:14 PM
It could well get noticed. If one of the supervising goblins were of high enough apparent rank, perhaps nearby enemies wouldn't think to question it?

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-25, 11:19 PM
The giants are pretty close to us. We can always retreat to the keep if we're overwhelmed. We just have to be careful not to get cut off.

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-27, 09:25 AM
Assuming the party approved my ritual purchases, Antoine would have used his yesterday's free divination to cast Ancestral Whispers, training himself in Bluff for 24 hours. I figure he would have foreseen the need for disguises; if you'd rather I use today's free ritual instead because I did not declare it during the preparation, that's fine too Dekkah.

Dekkah
2013-05-27, 10:07 AM
Yeah, working on the map right now, when I have some free time.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-28, 08:55 AM
I'm getting into End of Grade testing tomorrow, so I may be unable to post except at night for the next couple of weeks. After that, I'm moving and then I'm going on vacation. This is gonna be a crazy month. If things get super crazy, I'll let you know Dekkah, but otherwise, I'll keep struggling along.

Leewei
2013-05-30, 10:02 AM
Just checking in. I hope all is well for my fellow gamers!

Shadow_Elf
2013-05-30, 10:08 AM
I believe Dekkah's planning a vacation for his family which is eating up a lot of his extra time. He posted in my game, where he is a player, to that effect.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-30, 11:36 AM
Ahh, well, that's good. I hope his vacation turns out well.

Dekkah
2013-05-30, 12:08 PM
AS Shadow said, I dont have time right now to fully prepare my encounter, and wont have until next week (Leaving tommorowo morning for an extended week-end with family).

I am sorry about the delay it is causing.

I still managed worked on the map.
Now that it is done, I think I made it a little smaller than what I had in mind... but I guess it will still do.
I dont have placed enemies on it yet, but you can see the map anyway to prepare and ask quesiton if things are unclear.

MAP :
https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/96/fortnorth.jpg


https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/545/fortsouth.jpg

Mountain/Ground
The darkest Grey is the mountain.
The sandy flooring is the ground outside the keep.
The stony flooring is the ground inside the keep.
The dirt kind of flooring is the pass.

Height :
Things outlined in blue are 30 feet high.
Things outlined in Yellow are 50 feet high.

KEEP :
The keep is made of stone.
The light grey (L-24/O-8 : outlined in blue = 30 feet high) and the grey (C-24/L-13 : outlined in Yellow = 50 feet high) is the keep.
There is two reinforced wooden doors leading inside (P-17 on ground level, M-19 from top of lower section 30 feet high)
The lower section (light grey) communicate directly onto the west wall (from -24 to -25 row where they touch).
The lower section (light Grey) roof is flat and have battlements.
The higher section (dark grey) is a 4 faced regular roof.
There is some windows not drawn, but none are easyly accessible from floor/wall level)

The barrack :
The barrack is 30 feet high and made of wood (3 floor building) with a four sided roof (AG-20/AQ-15).
There is 3 wooden doors (AJ-21, AF-18 and AM-14)
There are windows, but like the keep, none are on ground level (not drawn on map).

The Inn :
The inn is 30 feet high and made of wood (3 floor building) with a four sided roof (AB-10/AD-7).
There is a single wooden door (AA-8)
There are windows, but like the keep, none are on ground level (not drawn on map).



West wall :
The west wall is 30 feets high and made of stone (B-26/AY-25 : Outlined in blue)
The wall is 10 feet wide and have battlements.
You can acces it from the lower keep section roof (between M, N and O lines) or using the stairways (From V-24, Y-24 or AV-24). The red dot are the ground level side of the stairways (where you enter it)
The wall reinforced wooden double doors are in W-26/X-26. Note that while it doesnt appear on the map (so you can see the door) you can walk over the doors as the wall is continuous there.
The broken wall section is in AJ-26/A0-25
The loose stones there and around that area counts as difficult terrain. (AI-28/AO-23)

East Wall :
The east wall is 50 feet high and made of stone (R-7/Z-6).
The wall is 10 feet wide and have battlements.
You can acces using the stairways (From T-8 or Y-8). The red dot are the ground level side of the stairways (where you enter it)
The wall reinforced wooden double doors are in V-6/W-6. Note that while it doesnt appear on the map (so you can see the door) you can walk over the doors as the wall is continuous there.
There is also was porticulis that could have been droped, but it have been broken by the goblins and isnt there anymore(V-7/W-7)

Giant's pedestals :smalltongue:
There is two 20 feet high stages where stand the giants (P-24/S-23 and AC-24/AD-23) that have been made by the goblins for the giants (so they can shoot over the wall)
There is a Stairway/Ladder leading up to each stage (R-22/S-22 and AC-22/AD-22) - they are steep, but you can stand and fight from them once you climbed 15 feets high.
There is lot of stone ammunitions on them for the giants.

Wolf Pen :
There is a goblin made wolf pen (Green line : AF-10/AO-8).
It is a fence made of simple wood branches, with a single door (AH-9)


Note that the stages have been added by me when I realised that the giants could not shoot from the ground (was not part of my previous naration because I did not realise it before that).
Stil, you can simply climb up the ladder and ealy fight from there if need be (there are made for large and heayv creatures, which make them quite stable for you)

Does this map map sense to you?
Questions?

I hope to find some time next monday or so to set the encounter creature (I started to pick some, but still have a couple to decide).. and we will be good to go.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-30, 12:46 PM
I love how you call that map "small". Dekkah, you're an animal. :smalltongue:

Have a good vacation!

Dekkah
2013-05-30, 12:53 PM
Lol, I know tha map itself isnt small lol.
What I meant is that the keep is a little smaller (not much, but a little) than I pictured it in my mind - right now).
As an exemple, you dont have a loot of space betwen the west gate and your position.... less that I had in mind in the first place.

Still, it works, and it is a small keep which was defended by a small group of soldiers, so it still works.

Thnaks, have a nice week end too.

Dekkah
2013-06-03, 09:59 AM
Ok, doesnt seem to have much questions here :).

I added the monsters on the map.
You can assume every monsters are outside to estimate their hieght (while you are inside right now on ground level)

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/854/fort1h.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/109/fort2z.jpg
https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/153/fort3h.jpg

SO you really volunteered to go in there ? lol.


Note that you know you can get to the other door (leading atop the lower part of the keep (30 feet high)) if you want to by using a stairway inside the keep.

Arq Kujos
2013-06-03, 10:12 AM
*Whistles* That is a LOT of goblins. I don't like this at all. We're gonna have a very long and uphill battle for this one. What are we going to do once we take the giants? I know the situation will most certainly change, but having a plan in place is a good idea. I know we said something earlier, but I don't have a ton of time this moment to go back and check.

Leewei
2013-06-03, 12:38 PM
Since we've taken the keep, we could use it to open up another front, especially on those defenders on top of the near wall. There are a lot of enemies there, but any time they're firing upon us rather than defending the wall, we're being a huge help to the human army.

I suggest we reposition ourselves 30 feet up on the keep's roof. We then go after the wall's defenders as best we can, and try to push to the giants. Pushing is a key strategy, here -- any goblins shoved off the wall will take substantial damage and will require some time to get back in position to attack us.

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-03, 04:49 PM
I have an at-will Blast 5 that pushes enemies 3 squares. That should be able to cause some havoc. Keep in mind that they can't just send everything in that courtyard against us, or they risk letting in the friendly NPCs in through the other avenues.

Gillric
2013-06-03, 05:15 PM
Pushing out over the wall is better than down into the court yard anyway. Lets our shock troops finish them off in their weakened states

Leewei
2013-06-03, 05:28 PM
I'm liking that wall idea a lot. Giants can be reached from the inside edge of the wall adjacent to their platform. Knocking one of those giants off with the blast takes it out of the fight for at least round (move to stand up, a second move to climb up), and the angle on the wall is quite good for it. Of course, it'll be tricky since they must fail a save to get knocked down. Still, lots of fun to be had with that.

Gillric
2013-06-03, 05:33 PM
well, even on a successful save, they fall prone and grant CA to the rest of us potentially.

Arq Kujos
2013-06-03, 06:24 PM
I have some push powers too. If one of them saves and doesn't go over, then I can hopefully pick it up and knock him off the wall.

I just worry about knocking them off onto our reinforcements. Gotta be careful so we don't accidentally crush someone on our side. :smalltongue:

Leewei
2013-06-03, 09:02 PM
We'll want our reinforcements on the wall as well.

Leewei
2013-06-04, 07:13 AM
Also, initiative!

[roll0] (note: all PCs allies near Bol have a +1 item bonus to initiative)

Arq Kujos
2013-06-04, 07:46 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-04, 02:09 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Gillric
2013-06-04, 05:42 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-06-06, 08:43 AM
Ok, sorry for the lack of advancements this week... kindergarden was cvlosed yesterday (I had to take care of my kid).
I also have a lot of preparation for a live roleplay we are doing this week-end... so I'll be out from friday afternnon until monday morning for sure (running disguised in the forest, battling (well healing since I am a pacifist priest).

I am sure I wont have the time to start the battle, but I hope i'll be able to at least finish the preparation (the first post , roll monster ini, and set things up to start next monday).

SO If I understand well, you plan is to use the stairs inside to get to the pother door (the one on the 30 feet high roof and attack from there).
I assaume you will ask the soldiers inside to come and hold the front door (staying inside to block the monsters to invade the keep and come out behind you)

I'll draw the inside of the keep only if it becomes revelant (like if you have to withdraw ;). You can assume you will be in a small hallway (with a couple doors) and a straiway going down (to the others hallway on main floor/2nd floor and 3rd floor). The stairway going up to the 5th floor is somewhere else on the 4th floor (where you are right now)

Again I apologize for the game stalling right now... I hope I can cope with real life things this summer and not have to stop the game until autumn , like I last year (or was it the one befgore). I will at least do everything I can to do this battle, but an other little thing might halt the game (at least partially), a little crying gift (my wife is due on july 11th... so if I disappear for a few days, it is probably because of the birth ;) )

Arq Kujos
2013-06-06, 09:12 AM
Its ok Dekkah. We all have real life to deal with, and I think I can speak for us all when I say that we understand that your new crying, screaming, pooping bundle of joy should be the most important thing to you.

Plus, we are at a major battle right now. This ought to take a lot of time. Do what you can and we will be here. Heck, I even came back, remember? :smallbiggrin:

Leewei
2013-06-06, 10:19 AM
I'm in no particular rush to start. I just want to make sure this fine game doesn't stall out. Thank you for posting to reassure us. Take your time, Dekkah!

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-06, 12:50 PM
As you probably know from my game, taking a break is always more than fine as long as the players are sure you'll come back. Since I am sure you've got far too much invested in this game not to come back, take your time (the whole summer if you need it, I'll still be around).

Dekkah
2013-06-07, 09:22 AM
Thank for being understanding guys.

As shadow said, I am not planning to leave at all, and I like the group we have now. I'll keep you updated on how it is going. I dont think I'll have time to prepare my post format today after all... I hope I'll be able to still start battle next monday... I just hope I wont catch a cold this week end..... stupid rain!

Dekkah
2013-06-14, 08:53 AM
Just letting you know I am still here and survived the LARP :smallwink:
Just pretty busy.

Leewei
2013-06-14, 12:59 PM
Just letting you know I am still here and survived the LARP :smallwink:
Just pretty busy.

Thanks for checking in, Dekkah!

Arq Kujos
2013-06-16, 08:28 PM
Hey guys. I'm just bumping the thread to see how everyone is and let you guys know I'm thinking of you. I'll be going on vacation soon, so I'll be gone not next week, but the week after that.

Dekkah
2013-06-17, 09:47 AM
Ok, I am ready to start this battle... FINALY!

It still might be slower than usual, as I have a lot to do right now.

Also, since Arq, wont be online next week, I dont plan to push things there.. so once it will be his turn, we will wait for him to return (or post if he have a chance).

I expect this battle will take some time.. not only because it is kinda huge... but also becasue of the summer/vacations, new baby... etc.

Dekkah
2013-06-17, 09:51 AM
Ok, seem like I have trouble with my oploading image site now... it have been updated and I have trouble adding the images... checking this out...

Leewei
2013-06-17, 10:07 AM
I think the theme of this encounter will be "Gravity is not your friend." :smallamused:

Dekkah
2013-06-17, 10:11 AM
Yeah, it is not my friend, but remember that it isnt yours either :smalltongue:

Having a flying speed would be lovely right now :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-06-17, 10:18 AM
Ok, Image problem solved!

IF you all are ready.... It is Ashe turn.

Dekkah
2013-06-18, 02:04 PM
Antione hit every target (and slow them all).

They all survive (none of them are bloodied), but your attack was more effective on the swarms (Gag3 and Gag4)

It is Rikards turn... lol, forgot monique ini...

[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-06-18, 02:06 PM
Monique simply move out to M-17 (she is at the back anyway)

Arq Kujos
2013-06-18, 11:53 PM
I'll have a post up tomorrow guys. Its too late right now.

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-19, 04:24 PM
Arq, Tide of Iron is a great skill here, but you can't use it during the surprise round; it's not usable on a charge, by my reading of it.

Arq Kujos
2013-06-19, 07:16 PM
Shoot. I forgot I can only use a charge. Crap. Well, change it to a basic attack then, ignore the push, and add 1W damage.

[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-06-19, 09:39 PM
wont have tme to reply tommorow. so the next update should be frday.

Meanwhle, one fo you can roll a D20 (luck/fate roll)

Arq Kujos
2013-06-19, 10:05 PM
[roll0]

Come on, something that is good!

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-20, 05:13 PM
Hopefully this is a scenario where 20 is a good thing, unlike the Kodan encounter where it was a bad thing :smallfrown:.

Gillric
2013-06-20, 05:27 PM
I'm betting its bad

Dekkah
2013-06-20, 06:25 PM
Wow... a 20.. that is quite unlucky.... for me lol.


Somethng ponted by Ashe during the Kodan encounter made me revise the fate thing (it was sad to waste a 20 on something that goes against yourself).

Of course, did not change it during the Kodan encounter for consistency of that encounter... but now 20 is good, while 1 is bad..

Now, you'll have to wait until tommorow to see what happens ;)

Arq Kujos
2013-06-20, 07:35 PM
Wow... a 20.. that is quite unlucky.... for me lol.


Somethng ponted by Ashe during the Kodan encounter made me revise the fate thing (it was sad to waste a 20 on something that goes against yourself).

Of course, did not change it during the Kodan encounter for consistency of that encounter... but now 20 is good, while 1 is bad..

Now, you'll have to wait until tommorow to see what happens ;)

*sigh of relief*

Dekkah
2013-06-21, 02:08 PM
Ok, posted IC... if you see mistakes, tell me.

Gillric
2013-06-21, 03:44 PM
hmm, thoughts on putting a giant on the ground outside the wall??

Leewei
2013-06-21, 03:59 PM
Very unlikely. Forced movement does not raise or lower the target, and the giants are standing 10 feet below the top of the wall. Pushing them off inside is more likely, but if they're elite monsters, it'd take a lot of luck. As I believe was mentioned earlier, prone is still a nice status, even if the giant saves.

Gillric
2013-06-21, 04:03 PM
I have one teleport that could put one directly on the ground outside the wall on a hit. Just wondering if anyone thinks it would be a good idea.

Leewei
2013-06-21, 04:39 PM
Oh! Yeah, I think so. It'd expose it to artillery from the human invaders and remove its supply of rocks. The question is: Can the human invaders deal with the giant before it starts to stomp them flat? I think the answer is yes -an invading army has a huge number of attacks.

Arq Kujos
2013-06-21, 11:08 PM
I just wanted to remind you guys that I'm going on vacation tomorrow, so I'll be basically gone until next Saturday.

If you need to, put me in a place where I can shield bash goblins to their deaths.

I also give Leewei and Shadow permission to alter that plan if the need arises.

Gillric
2013-06-23, 09:38 AM
CRITT:

[roll0] plus [roll1]

Leewei
2013-06-23, 10:34 AM
Nice crit!

Edit: Re-calculating that attack bonus.
+ 3 Proficiency
+ 1 Item
+ 2 Enhancement
+ 1 Feat
+ 2 Charisma
+ 3 Level/2
+12 Total

Looks like I was under by 1. Bol hits AC22 with that attack. If the roll isn't high enough, use Heroic Effort to boost it to hit AC 26.

Leewei
2013-06-23, 10:58 AM
Bah. Damage is 2[W] with that attack. Here's the extra d10: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-06-25, 10:20 AM
Is that new calculation also is true for your MBA (for Oas) ?

Leewei
2013-06-25, 10:42 AM
Is that new calculation also is true for your MBA (for Oas) ?

It's even better -- OAs use Bol's Strength bonus, so they're +13 against goblinoids and orcs.

Leewei
2013-06-25, 10:52 AM
Bol's status would also include +2 damage UEE (Berserker Fury).

Shadow_Elf
2013-06-25, 11:40 AM
Can I see L(-25) from my current position? Also, if I attack goblins that are not directly engaged with us, will it be useful for the NPCs or is it a waste of my actions?

Leewei
2013-06-25, 11:47 AM
Unless there is a drawing error on the map, you have visibility from one of your corners to two of the corners at L-25. That would mean that it is visible, but has cover.

Dekkah
2013-06-25, 12:22 PM
For Shadow_elf question, I am unsure, but I dont think you can target L-25...
It is true that you can trace a line from one of your corner to the other, but it run along the wall (whichi I would consider touch an object).
You actually have no angle to see the square at all, so I dont beleive you can target it (and it cannot target you either). I am open to argumentation on this (with some points of course).

Line of Sight: The first question
is what you can see in an encounter
area—that is, what is in your line of sight.
To determine whether you can see a
target, pick a corner of your space and
trace an imaginary line from that corner
to any part of the target’s space. You can see
the target if at least one line doesn’t pass through or
touch an object or an effect—such as a wall, a thick
curtain, or a cloud of fog—that blocks your vision.

Dekkah
2013-06-25, 12:25 PM
I just noticed the image on page 274 of the PHB, which confirm what I thought. While the image isnt exactly the same situation, it does confirm that touching a wall corner block line of sight (the blocked line on the image barely touch the wall corner... which is kinda the same as our situation).

Still open to argumentation, but you better have a very good explanation :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-06-25, 12:30 PM
For your second question, well your attack on groups out of our actual combat will affect things of course.
Will it do as you think/expect, that is up to debate/for you to discover though.
But I do take everything int account...
So, as an exemple, if you clear the west gate support/troops... it will increase the chances (probably will happen faster) that the human burst throught it since no one will be there to help hold them shut.

Leewei
2013-06-25, 12:35 PM
My earlier comment was an observation of the rules as written. Antoine's square has an unimpeded LoS to two of four corners of the square in question. By the Rules as Written, the wall would block this if it extended to the corner of Antoine's tile.

Mind you, common sense would argue that there's darned little space there. Superior cover or no LoS at all would be understandable. As DM, you can simply assert that the wall should align with the tiles, and that we're out of luck.

Dekkah
2013-06-25, 12:50 PM
Ok, I understand now, yeah the line should align with the tiles... that is a drawing mistake. I did not realise that it was not right on the lines (in my head it should have been) - I've drqawn it zoomed out, which is why it isnt precise..
But you got a good point, since my map does leave a visible clear line,,I dont mind allowing it, but there is superior cover (which probably advantage you since you are gonna use an area effet, but it is ok, I still have 300 other goblins to throw at you :smalltongue: )


While we are speaking of line of sight, know that if you are standing on the edge of a wall, you can see at the bottom (from O line, you see ground in P line, from -26 row, you see -27 row.
Since the wall is 30 feet high (6 squares), each square you get away from the edge, means your line of sight of the ground move 6 squares away from the wall. As an exemple, Bolerum can only see the V line and beyong in the keep walls, and -63 row and beyong outside the keep.

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 11:15 AM
Since nothing have been posted by Antione yet, I'll revise my vague decision and say that Antioje doesnt have a line of sight to L-25 (As I intended originaly when I've drawn the map).

I'll correct the map for it to be precise and check it all to make sure wall and hexes match to remove any ambiguity.

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 11:41 AM
As I corrected the map irregularities, I noted that the stairways would be very step! (go up 30 feet in 10 feet)... so you can see them more like ladders I guess:smalltongue:.


Here is the updated image.


http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2668/wmy7.jpg

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 12:04 PM
Antione forgot his save vs DAzed. [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 03:20 PM
Monique [roll0] [roll1]

SAve [roll2]

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 03:30 PM
It is Rikard's turn.
After his turn, I need someone to roll the luck roll as it is the end of the turn.

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 03:37 PM
SO I guess we wait until next week (when Rikard return) :smalltongue:

With all the vacations, my own newborn (not here yet!) and all, this battle might take the whole summer (hopefully not, but it may).

Hope you guys have the patience for it!

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 04:04 PM
I might do that, but not today (no time and dont have accès to his sheet).

I'll probably take his default attack that push and do his save

Dekkah
2013-06-26, 04:11 PM
Bah, I guess it is also ok to have him use a basic attack and save... that can work as well.

He did say :

If you need to, put me in a place where I can shield bash goblins to their deaths.

While he cannot actually do that because he is dazed.. he can attack BB6 easyly.

Dekkah
2013-06-27, 08:14 AM
rikard attack [roll0] [roll1]

SAve [roll2]


I'll let one of you make the luck roll :).

Dekkah
2013-06-27, 08:23 AM
miss, fail save.... well not really lucky for you yet.. let see if your luck roll will be better

Arq Kujos
2013-06-27, 09:38 AM
Rikard's sheet is in my signature.

If I'm dazed at the beginning of my next turn, use my Mul Racial Power.

Incredible Toughness Mul Racial Power
Through dogged determination and sheer physical hardiness, you shrug offan effect that would daunt a lesser person.
Encounter
No Action Personal
Trigger: You start your turn.
Effect: You end any ongoing damage or any dazed, slowed, stunned, or weakened condition currently affecting you.

See you guys tomorrow.

Dekkah
2013-06-27, 10:16 AM
OH, well if you return tommorow, and seeing you have a possibility to remove the dazed, I'll simply let you play your turn then (disregard my rolls for Rikard then).

I dont have time right now anyway to really update the IC post.... still, I'll need someone to roll the luck roll at some point :)

Arq Kujos
2013-06-28, 10:34 PM
I'm back home! I'm posting now. Thanks for waiting guys. :smallbiggrin:

Arq Kujos
2013-06-28, 10:55 PM
I hope that 22 hits the giant's ac. If it does, I get 3 thps and I get a nice damage bonus.

Leewei
2013-07-01, 03:49 PM
Just a note regarding Thursday and later this week. The US is observing a national holiday, Independence Day. I'll probably be offline from then until the following Monday morning.

Dekkah
2013-07-02, 10:07 AM
Since no one seem to want to take the responsability to roll the luck roll, here it is!
[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-07-02, 10:47 AM
12 isn't terrible.

And aww man, I hope I hit that Giant. Tell me I hit it, Dekkah. Tell me I did. /nervous

Dekkah
2013-07-02, 11:27 AM
IC post is up (know you'll know Arq! ) :smalltongue:

And yes, 12 isnt too bad (nothing special happens).


Antione took quite a beating from the bugbear.

It is Ashe turn.
If I made mistakes, tell me.

ARQ : in your damage, did you take into account the +2 bonus Bolerum gave you?

Arq Kujos
2013-07-02, 02:52 PM
Nope. I forgot the +2. My bad. Tack that on.

Dekkah
2013-07-02, 05:40 PM
Ashe hit and kill BB7... it is Bolerum's turn.

Gillric
2013-07-02, 06:09 PM
oath the nearest giant with my minor then

Arq Kujos
2013-07-02, 09:45 PM
Don't Oath the giant. You'll override my mark.

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-02, 10:53 PM
He won't, actually. Oath is a Striker Mechanic, and does not mark. It does not interact negatively with marks. Bole's Divine Challenge would override it, however.

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 11:17 AM
OK, IC post is up!.

ARQ : AS Shadow said, Oath (or any other mecanics like Quary, curse, etc.) doesnt overide mark. Only marks will override your mark.

NOte that I just update d the map to reflect the goblin archer who died from the squad (I had forgotten about them).

It is Antione turn (dazed, ongoing 5 (save end for each).

Leewei
2013-07-03, 11:29 AM
Bolerum took 18 from the giant, plus 5 (-3 Resist All vs goblins and orcs) = 20 damage. He started at 48 hp, so I think his current total should be 28 (bloodied).

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 11:39 AM
I keep forgetting about the resist 3 from greenbane...

You are right, your HP count was wrong in my post , but you forgot the 6 THP you had... so you should be at 34 HP left (which is better for you :smallbiggrin:)

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-03, 11:48 AM
Forgot my saves: [roll0] vs. Dazed, [roll1] vs. OG5.

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 11:51 AM
You miss GA1, kill the rest.

Monique will heal Rikard [roll0]


It is Rikard turn. (keep in mind that you are prone)

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 11:54 AM
Monique Save VS dazed [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 12:08 PM
Opss I forgot about the short range of healing powers... Monique cannot heal Rikard.

She will heal Antione then [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-07-03, 04:14 PM
So, that means its my turn. Whelp. I guess I die this round. Nice knowing all of you. :smallsigh:

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-03, 04:20 PM
Secooooond wiiiiiind...

Leewei
2013-07-03, 04:23 PM
There's always Move: draw a potion, Minor: drink the potion.

Do Muls get Second Wind as a minor action? If so, that's a great option for you.

Bolerum will be throwing out a little more healing and some THP soon as well.

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 05:54 PM
You guys also have an AP :)

Arq Kujos
2013-07-03, 06:01 PM
My armor is dwarven, so free healing. Added with a second wind, give me 28 hit points back, bringing me up to 39, and my daily makes me deadly simply to be around.

And crap. I forgot my action point.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-03, 06:04 PM
My bad. I forgot you can't roll in edits.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Arq Kujos
2013-07-03, 06:06 PM
Reposting my question.

If I hit, push him off his platform. Move him to the right. Since he is half on the platform, and half off, I assume he needs to make some kind of check to keep from falling flat on his face to the ground?

Dekkah
2013-07-03, 08:55 PM
Arq, do you push 2 or only 1?
You'd need to push 2 to make him fall.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-03, 09:00 PM
Arq, do you push 2 or only 1?
You'd need to push 2 to make him fall.

Nevermind. I actually do push two. Thank you Bludgeon Expertise!!!:smallbiggrin:

Leewei
2013-07-04, 12:27 AM
Nice! Here's hoping that giant takes a 20' dive!

Dekkah
2013-07-04, 07:20 AM
Anyone willing to do the luck roll?

At worst, 'Ill do it for you when I am ready to post :smallwink:

Arq Kujos
2013-07-04, 08:19 AM
Here goes. *blows on dice for luck*

[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-07-04, 08:57 AM
Rikard, what would be the damage roll 1W from rain of steel?

(I mean can you break down the damage for me so I know and roll it when I need to).

It basicly should be your regular damage roll without your Strenght bonus (magic weapon/items, conditionnal bonus and expertise should be included).

I'd like the breakdown of this please (tell me when all the bonus come from please)

Arq Kujos
2013-07-04, 09:10 AM
It would be a 1d8+7. My weapon is a 1d10 Brutal 2, so I roll 1d8+2. Then, I add +2 from bracers, +1 from enhancement, and +2 from my racial feat since its a hammer.

Leewei
2013-07-04, 09:22 AM
Also a +2 Power bonus! :smallbiggrin:

Arq Kujos
2013-07-04, 09:29 AM
Also a +2 Power bonus! :smallbiggrin:

Sweet. I deal 1d8+9!!!

Dekkah
2013-07-04, 10:44 AM
OK, Ic post up.
Check up if I made mistakes (at least for things that affect yourself)

It is Ashe turn .

NOte : I know that only Rikard is in position to see what actually happens on the ground bellow (other are to far away from the edges), but I still narate for everyone as I assume you guys communicate basic informations. As an exemeple, only Rikard can see the west gate leader order some of his mens to go up the wall ot go intercept you, but I assume it is something Rikard will rely to you. You also can hear most of what happens. I use private thread to rely information that need skill checks or things that only you would notice. General stuff stays Ic for simplicity.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-04, 10:52 AM
OK, Ic post up.
Check up if I made mistakes (at least for things that affect yourself)

It is Ashe turn .

NOte : I know that only Rikard is in position to see what actually happens on the ground bellow (other are to far away from the edges), but I still narate for everyone as I assume you guys communicate basic informations. As an exemeple, only Rikard can see the west gate leader order some of his mens to go up the wall ot go intercept you, but I assume it is something Rikard will rely to you. You also can hear most of what happens. I use private thread to rely information that need skill checks or things that only you would notice. General stuff stays Ic for simplicity.

I'm supposed to have 3 THPs. Not much, but every little bit helps.

Dekkah
2013-07-04, 11:40 AM
I corrected it IC.

In huge battle like that... every bits counts for sure.

Leewei
2013-07-06, 08:30 PM
Crit damage!

[roll0]

With any luck, the giant made that first save -- we'll see!

Dekkah
2013-07-08, 09:33 AM
OH well, luck is on your side... he made the first save... but i am not too unlucky either, he made the second as well.


Gillric :
I dont think you took cover into account, because you barely see the monster, but in any case, 13 would be a miss (soo 11 is too).

To help you guess cover, here is a from the side representation , as you can see, Ashe only partially see gob leader (green line), but he still do, so he can shoot it.
Antione get doent se much of the ground bellow (majenta line)
Note that while I've put the brown platform on the map, it doesnt necessary block the yellow line of sight (depend where you are on the roof).
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1590/zx7z.jpg

I am gonna resolve my monster turn asap :).

Dekkah
2013-07-08, 10:40 AM
Ok, IC post is up.

Bolerum can make an OA on Giant 1 (if he wants).
He got bloodied, pushed and knockprone again.

It is Antione turn.

Leewei
2013-07-08, 11:38 AM
I want!

Melee basic: [roll0] vs AC for [roll1]

Edit: www.sadtrombone.com

Edit2: Just noticed the first hit bloodied Giant2. Bol's 2nd attack deals +2 damage from Gauntlets of Blood. Giant2's status should also show Bloodied.

Leewei
2013-07-08, 12:49 PM
Bolerum would activate Endure Pain when the first giant's attack hit (anticipating goblin archers and another giant attack). That's make Bol's HP total 20 Edit: 22* (still bloodied) and give him Resist All 7 UENT.

*HP calculation:34 from previous DM post.
12 = 19 -7 (Resist All)
22 current HP total

Dekkah
2013-07-08, 12:56 PM
I adjusted the IC post and deduced 2 from Giant 2 HP.

Dekkah
2013-07-08, 01:09 PM
Also, I just spotted GAG 3 3 on the map (in O-26)... he is slowed, so he will just shoot at Rikard (17 = miss).

Rikard, dont forget him if you move (he may OA you if you move beside him :) )

Dekkah
2013-07-08, 09:30 PM
Antione fail (medium DC for level 5 is 15 ... :smalleek: you got really unlucky)

Leewei
2013-07-09, 01:45 PM
Suggestion for Shadow Elf: Pick up the bugbear (minor), move to the edge of the crenelation (move), drop the bugbear (free). Until that rune revives it, it's an object.

Dekkah
2013-07-09, 01:47 PM
Lol, I was wondering if someone would think about doing that lol.
Your would dare desecrate a corpse like that? :smalltongue:

Leewei
2013-07-09, 02:14 PM
Lol, I was wondering if someone would think about doing that lol.
Your would dare desecrate a corpse like that? :smalltongue:

Dare to desecrate a goblin corpse? I'd do it as an Immediate Action. :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-07-09, 02:19 PM
At least you'd not do it as a free action!.

But that is so evil, even I am outraged :smallfurious:!! Your lucky not to be in DND 3! I'd make you loose your paladinhood for sure!!!:smallyuk:

:smalltongue:

Leewei
2013-07-09, 03:18 PM
In 3.x, I'd probably be playing a very different PC. One thing 4E did right is to make melee types fun and effective.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-09, 05:38 PM
Lol, I was wondering if someone would think about doing that lol.
Your would dare desecrate a corpse like that? :smalltongue:

Rikard is part dwarf. Does that mean he could get a racial bonus to desecrating the goblin corpse?

Dekkah
2013-07-10, 08:45 AM
Only half that bonus, but since we round down, to bad for you!!:smallamused:

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-10, 04:32 PM
Sorry for the delay, laptop died and it's been hard to find any time at work to post.

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 09:47 AM
monique Arcanan check [roll0] (will look for her bonus if roll is low)

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 10:04 AM
Majestic word on Bolerum (15 from surge, 5 from Charisma and 1D6 from level ) 20+1D6

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 10:06 AM
broken roll [roll0]

Leewei
2013-07-11, 10:43 AM
Wow, nice roll. I take it the 20 includes Bol's SV of 15?

Also, his status is now no longer Bloodied.

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 10:49 AM
yeha, it include the 15 surge value, 5 for her charisma and D6. :)
I'll correct the bloodied status thingy.

Lets see what Rikard will do!

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 10:52 AM
Also, remember to consider the line of effect on your bursting power Leewei. Even though AShe is within 5, you dont have line of effect to him right now (for a bursting magic emanating from you).

Doing a close burst 5 magic targeting allies, would only affect Rikard and Monique (and you if you are included)

Leewei
2013-07-11, 11:08 AM
I suppose that makes sense. Would you say a PC has to be in the N row to see Bol (at least, when he's standing)? If Bol moves back into the Q row, would he then have LoS to Ashe's corrent position?

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 11:19 AM
If you consider you are 2 square down, even when standing, you only have sight to O line from where you are, and to N line from Q line. You'd need to be in R to see M from the platform (or to be large like the giants)

See the diagram I posted a few post back in this thread with line of sight and the rules in the PHB p. 274 (see the image, which is kinda the same). I know we could say that you are more than 5 feet tal (and so is Ashe), but I'd like to keep it simple and we could also say that you can hardly aim/use a bow above your shoulder and that you burst does not necessary emanate from the top of your head and kinda need to substantialy touch your enemies/friends to be effective.

Dekkah
2013-07-11, 11:23 AM
Ok I just realised something, I must be fair and since the giants use the platform to be able to shot over the wall... it must be higher (since they only are large, they would not see the battlefeild at all using the rules).

So to make things possible, since I dont want to go with 1 feet more and be chesesy (which would complicate things) the platform just rose 5 feets (is 25 feet high)... I should had realised this before.

Which makes Bolerum able to see everyone from the platform.

Silly me... lol.

Leewei
2013-07-11, 11:52 AM
Sweet! Gather around if you want to feel the love, gang!

Following Monique's healing, Bol will probably wait a round before popping that power. It uses his Second Wind and grants all allies within 5 squares 10 + Con (+2) THP.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-11, 03:42 PM
Should I go and intercept the hobgoblin? Or help take down the giants? Strategic priority is the giants, but combat priority is to create a chokepoint where the goblins can't reach the rest of the party.

On the other hand, Ashe is a beastly striker who likes being alone with the enemies, much like a high school quarter back with a cute young cheerleader on home coming after winning 3-0 in Over Time. /overly complicated sexual innuendo

I'll roll dice, the way the dice gods intented for all disputes to be settled.

High is giants, low is hobgoblins.

[roll0]

Edit: Curse you and your glorious magic sword, Bolerum. Take the giants. Bah.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-11, 04:06 PM
I should also have 6 thps, unless that archer somehow manages a hit on me.

Gillric
2013-07-11, 04:50 PM
yes, he can always try to bare hand slap you, lol

Arq Kujos
2013-07-11, 05:09 PM
yes, he can always try to bare hand slap you, lol

Not from two squares away he can't.

Gillric
2013-07-11, 05:44 PM
Not from two squares away he can't.

I meant for the OA you were talking about

Leewei
2013-07-11, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure I understand Rikard's turn. Is he attacking HG 7? That enemy is 30' below us. Was your intention to cut off goblins on the wall?

Arq Kujos
2013-07-11, 07:30 PM
Are those not steps? Is that a ladder? Ok, now I'm confused.

Leewei
2013-07-11, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the door the goblins were trying to bash in.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-11, 10:42 PM
*Slams head into desk* Damn. Sorry. I'll change it tomorrow

Dekkah
2013-07-12, 07:17 AM
As Bolerum said, that is a door on ground level. The hobgoblin is trying to burst in.

The closest stairway monster are coming up from is near the west door (V-24)

Dekkah
2013-07-12, 01:08 PM
Also, the giant platform can be easyly jump onto (5 feet drop now since I rose it a little... which means no damages possible, but coming back up from platform would be a DC 10 Climb check)
There is a large ladder on the platform to go down (R-22/S-22), but the giant is blocking/over it

The reason I told you about the archer is because if you try to rush to the wall stairway (V-24), you will pass by him, granting an OA - ok it is a bare hand attack, but still).

Arq Kujos
2013-07-12, 02:56 PM
I'll fix my post. Probably end up having to hop down then and hit with a shield push. :smallsigh:

Leewei
2013-07-12, 03:47 PM
Proning or knocking Giant1 off would be grand. Knocking Giant2 off would rock as well.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-12, 03:52 PM
Here's a pm I sent Dekkah.


Could I make a charging leap and hit the second giant?

I literally want to leap through the air, hit the giant with my body, and potentially knock him prone. Similar to being hit in the face with a giant rock. If not, I'll make a jump check as part of my move action to land in front of Bolerum, which should almost be instantly successful due to the huge decline of terrain.

What do you think?

Leewei
2013-07-12, 04:01 PM
Definitely good by the rule of cool. We'll see what Dekkah says. :)

Arq Kujos
2013-07-12, 04:36 PM
I wonder what Rikard's attack roll would be for wielding himself?


......That sounded dirtier than I meant for it to. :smallredface:

Arq Kujos
2013-07-12, 06:06 PM
Quick update.

I was recently invited to go on vacation with my girl friend's family. I'll have some very limited access to check the forums via her smart phone (mine is dumb har har har), but I won't really be able to post a bunch.

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-12, 06:23 PM
I was going to have Antoine suggest that Rikard help Zorana, but the giants are honestly probably a bigger priority, especially with that AoE Daze. Maybe Ashe could lend our thieving lycan friend a hand?

Arq Kujos
2013-07-13, 06:11 AM
As much as I'd like to do my other plan, my time is up. So I'll just jump as a move action and melee the giant instead.

Dekkah
2013-07-15, 08:48 AM
Luck roll [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-07-15, 10:34 AM
Ok, posted the end of round 3 and started round 4 now.

You guys got lucky with the luck roll... dammit!

It is Ashe turn.

Leewei
2013-07-15, 10:57 AM
It's always better to be lucky than good!

That has to be the best "miss" result I've ever seen in 4E, Arj. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-07-15, 11:23 AM
Aslo, to answer your primary idea.. it would have been a bull rush attempt.

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-15, 10:12 PM
I think I will keep Stone Blooding the battlements in the east to let the Torres boyos in and reduce the number of pot shots we're taking from the peanut gallery. From a tactical perspective Zorana might not be as important as the giants, but from an RP perspective Antoine would really appreciate it if someone would lend his friend a hand over on that battlement. Human minions don't make the most durable meat shields :smalltongue:.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-16, 03:25 PM
Who is she? I'm not sure I know who that lady is who is kicking goblin butt on the ramparts. Sadly, I can't get back up there to help her. We're gonna need some long range arcane death up there to save her.

Dekkah
2013-07-16, 03:59 PM
Ummm well that is Zorana... one of the soldier whom your promoted in your trainees becasue she had potential ;)

Arq Kujos
2013-07-16, 04:07 PM
I might need to order her back, then. Can't have her dying before she lives up to her potential.

Gillric
2013-07-16, 04:37 PM
I guess I will have to go get myself killed rescuing her...:smallbiggrin:

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-16, 04:42 PM
If no one can/wants to head that way, Ace will cease his bombardment of the east wall and go to save her himself.

Leewei
2013-07-16, 04:42 PM
Her attackers are close by. I was thinking a suitably gory and intimidating display of taking a giant's ear might cause them to falter.

Gillric
2013-07-16, 04:45 PM
I'm now about 3/4 of the way there.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-16, 04:51 PM
Her attackers are close by. I was thinking a suitably gory and intimidating display of taking a giant's ear might cause them to falter.

You owe me half that ear. :smalltongue:

Dekkah
2013-07-17, 11:04 AM
Ok, posted result and monster turns IC.

Gillric, the spot you moved in (majenta ) is where the catapult boulder hit.. it is considered difficult terrain, but since you are an elf, shifting there was legal lol.

Leewei : Nice to see you paid attention and pushed away from ladder so the giant doesnt get the +2 bonus not to fall :smallwink:... and he fell!

It is Antione turn (man, they keep hitting you hard buddy... you are bloodied again from the GAG 7 shot - I got lucky on damage roll too lol))

Arq Kujos
2013-07-17, 11:30 AM
I want to hunt down that giant that fled from me. I fear doing so will put me in the middle of the battlefield, away from support. Decisions decisions.

Dekkah
2013-07-17, 11:33 AM
hahahah, well that is a though decision of crouse!

Arq Kujos
2013-07-17, 11:41 AM
I know, right? That is how legends are formed! Imagine....


And there, surrounded by goblins and hobgoblins, Rikard took his mighty hammer and smashed in the giant's leg. Plummeting down on one knee, the beast howled out in pain before slamming the remains of a tree into him. Rikard raised his shield, intercepting the blow like a rock that breaks the wave of the ocean. As the tree branch shattered across his shield, Rikard's hammer swung out, connecting with its nose. The impact shattered the giant's face, and it fell to the earth with a tremendous crash. Blood pooled around Rikard's feet, and the goblins decided it would be better to fight through the human army than to try and face him.

This is the kind of stuff old soldiers tell their children when they remember the glory days.*

*Not all details of this event are necessarily accurate. Some details may have been exaggerated for the sake of good story telling.

Now I feel like I have to go hunt him down. If I die, tell them I was awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Dekkah
2013-07-17, 11:44 AM
Also, I might go MIA for some time soon too... my wife had some contractions yesterday, and still have some up to now. While real labour doesnt seem to have started yet, it can be anytime now (she was due on july 11th).

SO once it all start and the new baby is born, the game might have to pause for some time : well at least 48/36 hours or so - time at the hospital :smallbiggrin: and propably a few more days afterward while we adjust ourselves to havign a new family member! :smallcool:

Arq Kujos
2013-07-17, 11:50 AM
DUDE! Good luck on little Dekkah Jr.! Take as much time as you need! We all support you!

Leewei
2013-07-17, 12:05 PM
Congratulations to you and your family, Dekkah!

Dekkah
2013-07-18, 09:38 AM
It is Rikard turn.

Note that there is an hobgoblin behind BB1 (same square, but 1 square lower (height 5). I am telling yyou in case one of you decide to jump onto the stairway behind BB1... you'd actually could jup only to U-24 (4) , behind HG8 (5).

Also , I'll need a luck roll... unless you are too scared to roll poorly and prefer that I roll it myself (I have been good with you until now :smallbiggrin:)

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-18, 11:10 AM
Antoine worships the goddess of luck. I can't possibly roll this poorly!

[roll0]

Congrats on the incoming baby, Dekkah. Take all the time you need to fold them into the family dynamic.

Leewei
2013-07-18, 11:26 AM
I just realized I forgot to add +2 damage from Gauntlets of Blood to Giant 1 (it was bloodied when Bol hit it).

Dekkah
2013-07-18, 12:19 PM
I updated the damage done Leewei.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-18, 04:12 PM
Sorry its a short post. On vacation still!

And Sorry I probably missed. :smallsigh:

Leewei
2013-07-22, 11:08 AM
No need for a game update -- I'd like to wish you and your family well, Dekkah! When you have a chance, please let us know how you're doing!

Dekkah
2013-07-25, 09:11 AM
Giving you a quick update :
Constance (its a girl!) was born on July 22nd.
The baby and mother are both healty.
We are back home.

Rikard : I dont think you understnad the map :smallwink:.
You are on a 25 feet high platform. you cannot really move where you want (without jumping and falling). You might try to jump down to the spot you want, but you will end up taking 2D10 damages (which could be reduced bu an acrobatic check if you are trained in it - which i doubt)... and taking damage woud make you fall prone (preventing your charge after).

You could climb down the giant ladder if you want (no check), but each square down are difficult terrain... so climbing down the 5 squares would take 10 movement (note that it doesnt make you move forward). A fast climb down to negate the difficult terrain could be possible (acrobatic medium dc or atheltic Hard Dc)m letting you move down with only 5 movements. Also, note that giant 2 is readied at the bottom of the ladder (waiting for you to climb down) . (remember that it is a large creature, so you only need to go down 3 squares (so 6 movements) in the ladder to reach him. In the platform ladder, you are considered to be climbing (you grant CA), but you dont have any other penalties.

There is a few other option (ging back up on the wal, jump into the nearby wall stairway and such... so please revise your turn.

Arq Kujos
2013-07-25, 10:16 AM
This map is starting to frustrate me. :smallmad:

What is the height difference between S,-24 and U,-24? If its feasible, I'll just jump across, smack the ever loving crap out of BB1, and then move after the giants from there.

If that won't work, then, I'm gonna try that bullrush check on Giant 2, and hurl myself at him like a big steel ball of not giving a damn.

Leewei
2013-07-25, 10:37 AM
Giving you a quick update :
Constance (its a girl!) was born on July 22nd.
The baby and mother are both healty.
We are back home.

This is all that is important. I'm glad you and your family are doing well!

Shadow_Elf
2013-07-26, 04:51 PM
This is all that is important. I'm glad you and your family are doing well!

This. Congrats on the new baby, Dekkah! We'll still be around once things have settled down on your end.

Arq Kujos
2013-08-03, 09:15 AM
Hey Dekkah! I'm just checking in and saying hello. I hope you and your family are doing great!

Dekkah
2013-08-04, 07:23 AM
I'm doing great!
I shall resume tommorow (going back to work)

Leewei
2013-08-05, 09:06 AM
Welcome back, Dekkah!

Shadow_Elf
2013-08-05, 11:02 AM
Will be glad to have ya back, Dekkah, though make sure you give little Constance all the attention she needs! (I am given to understand that with newborns, that is a lot).

Leewei
2013-08-05, 11:19 AM
I'm guessing he's getting on top of his work again at the moment.

Thinking back to my own daughter's birth, his time will be spent making sure his wife is in good spirits and is getting enough rest.

Dekkah
2013-08-05, 12:14 PM
Ok, to help Arq with the 3d representation of the map, Ive draw a side view of the staiway and platform.
As I thought, my stairway was way to step (illogical), so to correct this, I simply added one square to it (this will be reflected on next map).
I alos adjusted the BB1 and HG5 elevation by one to fit the stairs design.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7005/fa3p.jpg

If you look at the image above, you can see that T-24 contains elevation 0 and 1, U-24 contains elevation 2 and 3 and that square V-24 contains elevation 4 and 5.
From V-24, you can step onto the wall at elevation 6 in square V-25.

So yes you can jump onto square U-24, but it is a drop of 2 or 3 square (10 or 15 feets which means you take 1D10 damages and fall prone). AS you can see on that map (hard to see on the other map - but it is logged in the actions), an other monster follow BB1 (HG5 at elevation 4).

Because of the elveation and falling damage, I dont see how you could follow Giant 1 even using the ladder as youd take falling damage which will stop your movemnt anyway as you fall prone. If you have acrobats boots (or any other mean to stand up from prone as minor), you could make it by taking 2D10 falling damages :

Option 1 (follow that giant) :
Move : Move (this will provoke OA) + jump to U-20 (end up falling 5 squares taking 2D10 damages and end up prone)
Minor : Stand up (if acrobat boots)
Standard : Charge Giant 1

Otherwise, here is a few suggesitons I would accept (with some that are a little bit out of the box/flexible rules), but feel free to design your own :smallwink:

Option 2 (jump attack) :
Move : Shift away from GA11 to Q-23
Standard : Charge BB1 (or HG5) by moving+jump (DC 5 because of 2 square of movement on platform) at U-24 (then you fall 2 squares into U-24 elevation 3, take 1D10)

Option 3 (knock them off the stairs):
Move : Shift away from GA11 to Q-23
Standard : Charge /Bull rush BB1 (or HG5) by moving+jump (DC 10 because of 2 square of movement on platform) at T-24 (height 5 or 4- depends on which target you choose). On succes bul rush, you can push Your target off the stairs (will get save to not fall off and end up prone under you). If you fail the attack, you end up prone in your target square.


Option 4 (Slide the ladder attack) :
Move : Shift away from GA11 to Q-23
Standard : Charge Giant 2 by sliding down the ladder (which negates the difficult terrain of the ladder - athletic DC 15 - or acrobatic DC 10) moving down to R-22 (height 2) . NOte that Giant 2 is ready to strike at an incoming enemy.

The rest is pretty much basic ruling.

NOTE that going up the wall from the platform is easy Dc climb check or you can simply count 2 squares for that movement.


Hope this helps.

Arq Kujos
2013-08-05, 03:48 PM
Thanks Dekkah. Give me a little time to digest this new map and I'll come up with something.

Sorry to hold you guys up. :smallredface:

Dekkah
2013-08-05, 07:04 PM
dont worry, I am the one who help it up for 2 weeks :)

Arq Kujos
2013-08-06, 08:36 AM
Option 2 (jump attack) :
Move : Shift away from GA11 to Q-23
Standard : Charge BB1 (or HG5) by moving+jump (DC 5 because of 2 square of movement on platform) at U-24 (then you fall 2 squares into U-24 elevation 3, take 1D10)

Edit: Changed my mind. Let's go with this.

Arq Kujos
2013-08-06, 08:43 AM
For falling damage.

[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-08-06, 08:45 AM
Rikard auto succeeds the athletic's check due to his modifier of 10.

Dekkah
2013-08-06, 12:19 PM
Ok, anyone up to do the luck check? :smallamused:

I'll reply later today... or tommorow. lol.

Leewei
2013-08-06, 12:52 PM
Random Number Generator, don't fail me now!

[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-08-09, 02:12 PM
Working on my reply (sorry for delay)... not sure I'll have time to finish it today...

Rikard save not to fall (oh yeah, someone is pushing him off the stairs!!) [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-08-09, 02:31 PM
The reply will have to wait (not done yet, have to go. sorry).
Ok I am out of time, so I might as well let you the chance to roll for that yourself :

Antione And Bolerum, I need a save vs being slid of the wall.
Antione have a+2 bonus (because of the battlements).

GL... not pressure Antoine, but falling would not be a good idea for you... that is 30 feet ...

Leewei
2013-08-09, 02:36 PM
Gravity, will you be my friend?

Bol's save: [roll0]

Edit: Apparently not!

Edit2: Ah, heck, I'll just burn Heroic Effort to salvage that saving throw.

Arq Kujos
2013-08-09, 02:52 PM
Working on my reply (sorry for delay)... not sure I'll have time to finish it today...

Rikard save not to fall (oh yeah, someone is pushing him off the stairs!!) [roll0]

Figures I'd fail. :smallannoyed:

Dekkah
2013-08-13, 10:30 AM
Yeah, sorry Arq, I did roll your save because I though I was having tinme to finish my reply.... but then thing took longer than I tought.

And I've given the chance for Shadow and Leewei to roll since the mponster I was at pushed them off the wall...

Still, ShadowP_elf did not do it himself (probably scared to death he might fall),.... so 'ill do it for him.

Antione save VS begind knock off the wall : [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-08-13, 10:31 AM
Man, you are a bunch of unstable people... why can't you stay on the wall!

Leewei
2013-08-13, 11:01 AM
Now to find out (and smash) what's pushing us. :smallmad:

Dekkah
2013-08-13, 01:23 PM
Well to be more precise, Rikard was pushed, but you and Shadow were pulled ;). I'll try to put it up today... hopefully within the next two hours... hopefully...

Shadow_Elf
2013-08-13, 02:22 PM
Saving Throw: [roll0]

Dekkah
2013-08-13, 02:47 PM
Lol, 'Ill be kind and use your own roll Shadow since I am runnign late again and I doubt I'll be able to post today.... partner on vacations... lot of work to do, kids to take care at home - can't find a time to post lol.

At this point... maybe tommorow... sigh:smallannoyed:

Shadow_Elf
2013-08-13, 03:48 PM
Sorry Dekkah. My subscription lagged, and I didn't realize more posts had been made on the next page when I rolled my own saving throw...

Dekkah
2013-08-14, 12:08 PM
Just realised I forgot Ashe save.... (he was affected too by the pull after all..)
[roll0]

Dekkah
2013-08-14, 12:59 PM
Ok, IC post is up... finally... was long to make.. damn!


NOw here is a few things.

First, everyone creatue with a yellow triangle is immobilised by the harpy song.
I also removed all the enemies corpse (except the one created by the hapry song - so you see what died from it) and replaced them by pink Shading on the map. Consider these pink shading as difficult terrain (and corpses - you can alwasy drag them with minor) The goal with this was to map it easyer to read.

It is Ashe turn.. remember your prone and immobilised status.

Dekkah
2013-08-14, 01:14 PM
Aslo, note that while BB1 is on the stairway (5 square up), the HS goblins that looks around Zorana are actually onthe ground level (near the gate). So they are not adjacent at all to Zorana (there is even one goblin under here you dont really see.