PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a base class... (3.5)

Kumori
2012-12-12, 07:44 PM
I'm looking for a base class that can has Turn Undead as a class feature and Haste on it's spell list. Does such a thing exist?

docnessuno
2012-12-12, 07:45 PM
Cleric with a domain granting haste and the spontaneous domain ACF.

Jarian
2012-12-12, 07:45 PM
AFB, but a Cleric with the Time domain should have haste as a domain spell.

Damn ninjas.

Kumori
2012-12-12, 07:50 PM
Hmm... That might work. With the spontaneous domain ACF, would I be able to cast Haste using non-Domain spell slots?

docnessuno
2012-12-12, 07:54 PM
Hmm... That might work. With the spontaneous domain ACF, would I be able to cast Haste using non-Domain spell slots?

You will be able to spontaneously cast all the spell in the domain, just like a normal cleric can lose prepared spell to cast inflict/cure spells of the same level.

Phelix-Mu
2012-12-12, 07:55 PM
There are only a small number of base classes with Turn Undead, so your list of options will be small.

Check the domain listings in the back of Spell Compendium, although you may find it more fruitful to look for some kind of master list of 3.5 domains, possibly somewhere on this site. The domains in 3.5 are scattered across about a dozen books.

Not sure why you need haste, but the 5th level cleric spell righteous wrath of the faithful (Spell Compendium) has the main benefit granted by haste (an extra attack), plus one or two other goodies.

Randomguy
2012-12-12, 07:58 PM
Factotums get both haste and turn undead. That's probably not what you're looking for, though.

Kumori
2012-12-12, 08:02 PM
Not sure why you need haste, but the 5th level cleric spell righteous wrath of the faithful (Spell Compendium) has the main benefit granted by haste (an extra attack), plus one or two other goodies.

I need Haste because I plan to go into Swiftblade. I think I have everything I need now, so thank you all for the quick aid.

Cog
2012-12-13, 12:57 AM
I need Haste because I plan to go into Swiftblade. I think I have everything I need now, so thank you all for the quick aid.
Regarding that: Swiftblade only advances an arcane class. Even if you use e.g. Southern Magician to be able to cast arcane spells, Cleric is still a divine class.

Kumori
2012-12-13, 01:04 AM
Regarding that: Swiftblade only advances an arcane class. Even if you use e.g. Southern Magician to be able to cast arcane spells, Cleric is still a divine class.

I noticed that... I didn't right away, but was disappointed when I noticed.

nedz
2012-12-13, 10:42 AM
Well for Haste you have the choice of the Time or Celerity domains.

Cog
2012-12-13, 12:25 PM
Dragon compendium does let you get Turn Undead on an arcane class, but it costs two feats: Necromantic Bloodline and Kin Mastery. 'Turn undead' doesn't explicitly appear, but you get the ability to 'turn undead creatures as if you were using turn undead' or somesuch.