PDA

View Full Version : The cheesewrought kobold

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-12, 08:42 PM
Here is my ECL 2 extra cheesy kobald build, a mythweavers link is posted and below I'm putting a general description

mythweavers link--http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=482864
Please do not argue that dragonwrought kobolds are not true dragons, for the purpose of this DWKs are true dragons by raw.

I used the riddled+spellhoarding dragon psychosis because I did not see anything that prevented me from using it, if I can't use both please explain why.

Feats: Dragonwrought, Fairie mysteries initiate--or at least if I interpreted it correctly, another good feat to use?

Flaws: fussy

Skills: Spent 16/44, sorcerers have a very small skill list...

Sorcerer casting of a level 4 sorcerer, although spells are prepared as a wizard

At ecl 6 with LA buyoff it has casting of a 10th level sorcerer, although it can prepare spells as a wizard.

Initial spells, does it get what a sorcerer at level 4 gets, although the spells would be on the spellhoard?

Any good prestige classes, or other cheesy tricks to use?

Studoku
2012-12-12, 08:49 PM
Have you considered summoning Pazuzu to grant you Manipulate Form?

Urpriest
2012-12-12, 08:50 PM
You have to spend all your skill points, you can't choose to keep some unspent.

Where does Fussy come from?

Dragon Psychoses are debateable. They're templates, and they're templates without listed level adjustment, which means they don't have a level adjustment and thus technically aren't playable.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-12, 08:52 PM
White Dragonspawn, or any color for that matter, cannot be applied to creatures of the dragon type. A Dragonwrought Kobold is recognizable from the exterior of its shell before it's even hatched, there is no time when it does not have the dragon creature type. The two are completely incompatible.

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-12, 09:00 PM
@Stu42: This is just to see how ridiculous of a spellcaster I can create using stuff that applies to kobolds, preferably dragonwrought ones but general kobold tricks are fun to use too.

@urpriest: Alright, Skillpoints I left unspent simply because I was lazy I can just dump them into crossclass skills. :smallredface: Also that is a good point... oh well this has already crossed the border into unplayable :smallwink:.

@Biffonicous: As far as I can tell you choose a race+template before feats meaning that even though the fluff says you were born a dragonwrought kobold, you still can be a whitedragonspawn kobold before taking the feat.

Studoku
2012-12-12, 09:06 PM
@Stu42: This is just to see how ridiculous of a spellcaster I can create using stuff that applies to kobolds, preferably dragonwrought ones but general kobold tricks are fun to use too.
Pun-Pun is a kobold. :smallwink:

Seer_of_Heart
2012-12-12, 09:17 PM
I know that, but I want to try and make something else :smallwink:

Also @urpriest fussy is a flaw, I think its from a dragon magazine and I believe it means you can't drink potions

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-12-12, 10:20 PM
@Biffonicous: As far as I can tell you choose a race+template before feats meaning that even though the fluff says you were born a dragonwrought kobold, you still can be a whitedragonspawn kobold before taking the feat.

That's the case for inherited templates, but Dragonspawn is an acquired template. You're born/hatched with inherited templates so they come before feats, but acquired templates are gained later. You must have at least one HD or fraction thereof to be alive, which means you have your 1st level feat before gaining any acquired templates.

Fussy is from Dragon 328, any time you drink a potion you're Sickened (no save) for the effect's duration, or if it's instantaneous for one minute per caster level of the potion. You also take a -4 to saves vs poison. I'd get Forlorn (Dragon 333, lose one instance of the ability to gain a familiar) over that one since that poison save can be bad.

Use Battle Sorcerer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#sorcererVariantBattleS orcerer) + Stalwart Sorcerer (CM), since Spellhoarding trades your Sorcerer spellcasting for Wizard casting of equal level there's no drawback at all. You can still gain a level of Wizard, preferably Martial Wizard for Improved Initiative instead of Scribe Scroll, and I'd go (focused) Conjurer for Abrupt Jaunt. You can still add spells from prohibited schools and even spells from other class lists to your spellhoard via the counterspell method.