PDA

View Full Version : The five from Daygale (OoC)



Pages : 1 [2]

Barbarian MD
2013-05-19, 08:50 AM
Agreed. That's literally suicide at this level of play.

Xyon
2013-05-19, 11:59 PM
I'm sure you will enjoy the circumstances where I will be using the improved trip trait to trip things with my flail, which will make up for some other circumstances, like now, where it doesnt seem that practical or possible to trip something that is on a ladder.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-05-20, 02:15 PM
I'd say you could trip them off the latter, but it would not be so effective cause the latter is kinda on the short side.

J-H
2013-05-20, 08:56 PM
I have rolled poorly.

Powers used:
Precognition: Twice, successful
Shield: Once, successful
Grease: 3 times; 1 success, 2 "mis-casts"

It's 90+ML, right? So at level 10 I won't be subject to mis-cast chances any more.

J-H
2013-05-20, 10:26 PM
Oh, yeah. Psicraft [roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-05-20, 10:47 PM
The miscasting rules as I last stated them were 90+ML-PL so you will reach a point where you we always be successful, but that will be level 19 assuming you don't multiclass so that you will lose 9th level powers. With the psicraft check you recognize the power as a potential power you may learn later on, but one you probably won't duplicate purposefully anytime soon.

J-H
2013-05-22, 09:14 PM
Waiting for Pelleas to respond. Agias doesn't even know if he's on the same continent.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-05-22, 11:55 PM
Er, sorry 'bout that. Somehow I'd missed your response and was still waiting. Fixed.

J-H
2013-05-23, 06:17 PM
Move Silently [roll0] darn armor check penalty

J-H
2013-05-23, 10:26 PM
Are any of them carrying Pelleas' sword?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-05-24, 01:02 AM
One hobgoblin seems to have thrown it aside after deciding it did not want to dual wield.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-05-24, 09:20 AM
Just a heads up, my wife and I are leaving for Durango in a couple of hours. The cabin we're staying in is way out in the back forty. I will not have internet access there, but I will try to check in at some point tomorrow while in town. We should be back Sunday evening at the latest.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-05-24, 10:58 AM
Initiative for the presumably upcoming fight [roll0]

Also, is Pelleas within 30' of a space where he can threaten two hobgoblins at the same time?

J-H
2013-05-24, 11:08 AM
And how far away is Agias from the hobgoblin that noticed Pelleas?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-05-25, 11:09 AM
Two can be threatened and you are 20 ft away.

J-H
2013-05-25, 05:24 PM
If +2 will make the crossbow bolt hit, I'd like to have my Precognitive Edge applied to the to-hit roll.


You can use your precognitive edge in a variety of ways. Essentially, the edge translates into a +2 insight bonus that you can apply at any time to either an attack roll, a damage roll, a saving throw, or a skill check. You can elect to apply the bonus to the roll after you determine that your unmodified roll is lower than desired.

Barbarian MD
2013-05-26, 03:24 PM
Where does the topside group stand in terms of turn? Since Rowan last shot and Agias mis-manifested, the hobgoblins haven't had a turn, but Agias has had a conversation, moved with a hide check, and manifested another power... :smallconfused:

Edit: I take that back, the hobgoblins did throw a javelin, and I shot back at them since he went through the ground. BUT Agias manifested and then shot with his crossbow, so it would appear that they're a turn ahead of the topside group.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-05-26, 03:57 PM
Everyone's up to speed on turns except Xyon. My track of turn order is a bit clustered, but in favor of the players.

Xyon
2013-05-26, 05:42 PM
I think I'll just keep trying to trip hobgoblins off the ladder until they stop trying to climb up, if you don't mind rolling for me each round if it speeds things up.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-05, 12:52 PM
Letting you know that no other events will randomly pop up in the area so you all can tell me when you are done with the hobgoblin prisoner.

Also it seams you all are just below where you would need to be to level up. I'm letting Christmas come early this year cause I saw some good roleplaying, keep it up.

Barbarian MD
2013-06-05, 02:04 PM
Wait, to be clear, when you say Christmas is early, do you mean we're leveling up, or we gained enough xp to almost level up?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-05, 04:02 PM
What I intended by that is that I am giving you all the 60 XP that you lack for good roleplaying so that you reach the next level, so yes.

J-H
2013-06-05, 05:55 PM
Woohoo!
Are we rolling for HP, taking max, or average? I do not recall, and the 16 isn't in the OP.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-05, 07:53 PM
You can roll or take average, but you must decide before you roll.

J-H
2013-06-05, 09:39 PM
Is average the "high average" (d4 = 3, d10 = 6) or alternating (3,2,3,2 or 6,5,6,5)?

If it's high average, I'll go that route. The differences are more pronounced with the smaller hd...

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-06, 09:14 AM
It's the alternating average.

distant quasar
2013-06-06, 09:55 AM
I'll roll for mine.

[roll0]

Important: I will be without internet access for a long period of time. (June 16th to July 20th) It would be much appreciated if someone would take over play of Lydia for that time, so that my absence does not disrupt anything.

J-H
2013-06-06, 05:48 PM
HP roll [roll0]

Xyon
2013-06-10, 02:33 PM
Is this for everyone or just the characters that remain from the original group?

distant quasar
2013-06-10, 03:11 PM
everyone. :smallsmile:

J-H
2013-06-10, 10:00 PM
Any armor on the hobgoblins?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-11, 02:43 AM
The two still alive have fairly undamaged studded leather armor.

Xyon
2013-06-16, 10:09 AM
I'll be tempting fate and taking the 1d8 for HP instead of 4,5,4,5

[roll0]

Updated character sheet on myth weavers.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-06-16, 10:48 AM
I knew I was forgetting something.

LEVEL UP COMMENCING!

Hit points [roll0]

J-H
2013-06-19, 11:12 PM
Before I swap for a Masterwork version of my light crossbow (and go from +1 to-hit to +2), any other suggestions for something that's a more worthwhile pick? I already have armor that's a bit heavier than I can carry.

Xyon
2013-06-20, 06:49 AM
Oh yeah, level up and masterwork, I'm going from a -5 to a -3 pretty quickly. Since its limited to stone or metal items, would you be able to get a crossbow? I suppose it has metal components. A main weapon is usually a good choice to get as masterwork unless you wanted a shield.

Xyon
2013-06-20, 06:53 AM
I'm starting to move between now and the end of June, so at some point my computer will be packed up, and internet transferred between apartments, I hope it will not interfere too much, but I'm giving the heads up just incase I do not post as often.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-20, 10:12 AM
I would say you could get a crossbow. Dwarves like crossbows more than bows, but they are on the cusp of semi-functional hand canons. Unfortunately none are being traded because they have not even made enough to supply the dwarven armies yet and they are built from a goblin prototypes which are even more hazardous.

Barbarian MD
2013-06-20, 05:37 PM
I have no idea what to select...

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-21, 12:19 AM
A masterwork item of metal or stone thats 400gp or less does not have to be a weapon or armor you can stick to your ranger gear and take a utility item like mountain climbing gear, something light to sell later like a mithril ring, or something for character like a novelty stone dwarf figure.

J-H
2013-06-21, 09:38 PM
BarbarianMD, a Masterwork dagger perhaps?
Also, daggers are 1lb, but you have it listed on your sheet as 2lbs. 2lbs also gets you a Rapier, and a Masterwork one is within the budget. It's a damage upgrade if you end up in melee.

J-H
2013-06-27, 09:48 PM
Is everyone done "shopping"??

Dr.Orpheus
2013-06-28, 10:23 AM
I thought everyone was a while ago.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-06-28, 10:56 AM
I thought we were waiting on someone, but upon further review it looks like we're all done. Looks like we were all collectively waiting for each other. Moving on.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-07-05, 07:21 PM
I thought we were waiting on someone, but upon further review it looks like we're all done. Looks like we were all collectively waiting for each other. Moving on.

This is still very true.

J-H
2013-07-06, 06:05 PM
Doing .2lbs soap (.1 gp) - that should be plenty for a while.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-07-06, 11:50 PM
I would imagine so, and you can emulate the spell grease on a flat surface.

Xyon
2013-07-08, 09:03 AM
Sorry about being away, computer broke during the move, but I am on a secondary computer for now so I should be able to keep up until it gets fixed.

Fixed now, so all is good, crossing fingers.

Barbarian MD
2013-07-11, 07:39 AM
Sorry I' e been AWOL for a couple of days. Work's kicking my butt. I'll try to post this afternoon

J-H
2013-07-12, 06:57 PM
Sense motive [roll0]

edit: Apparently not.

Xyon
2013-07-16, 07:29 PM
All the rolls were for casting the spells, I just figured Bernard would cast Endure Elements as part of his daily ritual in order to be protected from the cold every day.

distant quasar
2013-07-21, 02:31 PM
Important: I will be without internet access for a long period of time. (June 16th to July 20th) It would be much appreciated if someone would take over play of Lydia for that time, so that my absence does not disrupt anything.

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Xyon
2013-07-21, 04:46 PM
Welcome back, I had missed that post and was getting worried.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-07-21, 05:28 PM
You can add in some interrogation questions retroactively and, I'll let you take a bow from the cart despite it not being dwarven made.

Barbarian MD
2013-07-24, 10:39 AM
A forgery check, eh? What's the DC for a reasonable approximation of the map that (hopefully) won't get us lost?

Anybody got ranks in forgery?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-07-24, 05:07 PM
You reason that it would take only a tiny bit of luck if you had someone skilled. Can't tell you the exact DC.

Barbarian MD
2013-08-06, 12:55 PM
Sorry I've been out of touch of late. Hoping to get more regular again.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-06, 11:51 PM
It's fine this game has died and then almost died 3 more times so I'm steeled against the shock of disappearing players.

Xyon
2013-08-08, 11:26 AM
I do check up on this every day, I haven't been posting often though because I feel a little uncomfortable trying to drive the game forward on my own.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-08, 01:03 PM
Probably a good idea.

J-H
2013-08-08, 06:02 PM
Agias is all done in town unless something else happens.

distant quasar
2013-08-09, 10:07 AM
So is Lydia.

Xyon
2013-08-09, 10:39 AM
I feel that Bernard is ready to continue as well.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-09, 10:43 AM
Well I think Pelleas could be done now, I'm not 100% sure, but you can start to continue with your posts I will need 2 fort saves and 1 from people not eating dwarf bread.

distant quasar
2013-08-09, 01:56 PM
Fortitude:
[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: Ugh. Those rolls make me sick :smallyuk:

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-09, 02:52 PM
You find yourself shivering on the road and take [roll0] non-lethal that won't heal until you rest in a warmer place.

J-H
2013-08-09, 05:41 PM
Does wearing my winter blanket as an over-cloak help?

Xyon
2013-08-09, 10:20 PM
If I have the dwarf bread, but haven't eaten any of it yet, would I still need to roll two? I'll give ya two anyways, if ya just need one take the first.
[roll0]
[roll1]

J-H
2013-08-09, 10:42 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-10, 01:07 PM
Agies with his +2 bonus due to his blanket suffers [roll0] non-leathal till he heals in a warmer place.

J-H
2013-08-10, 02:37 PM
How far outside of town are we? Is this night-time cold damage?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-10, 03:48 PM
The cold damage is for when you travel I'm fast forwarding a while after you left the town.

Xyon
2013-08-10, 05:52 PM
Was this because of the cold weather or the bad food or both? Also, my endure elements help at all?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-11, 12:15 AM
If you cast endure elements you can avoid the cold damage, and nobody is aware of any negative effects from there dwarf bread other than that it was very hard nearly braking a tooth for some of you.

Barbarian MD
2013-08-11, 08:40 AM
I'm really sorry guys. I don't think I'm going to be able to continue. Feel free to NPC my character, kill him off in an entertaining way, or whatever. My apologies to you all.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-13, 10:29 PM
Very glad to have had you for a while at least.

J-H
2013-08-14, 08:02 PM
How big is this place? I was assuming we were talking about a stone hut type place, but it sounds like it may be a mine entrance, tunnel, or something.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-08-14, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I have the same questions. In my head I kind of pictured something not much larger than a watchtower.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-14, 09:09 PM
It's very similar to a watchtower, but instead of going up to second story it goes backward into the stone. Yet is fitted with arrow slits and dusty boxes of rations stale beyond recognition.

J-H
2013-08-19, 09:12 PM
How wide is the tunnel we're in? 10'?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-19, 10:55 PM
No it's 20' wide here, but people need to pass through a 10' wide archway to get to it.

J-H
2013-08-20, 08:06 AM
Redoing botched roll [roll0]

J-H
2013-08-21, 07:30 AM
Does the Psionic Grease make any of them fall over?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-22, 10:10 AM
Ya one got a 13.

J-H
2013-08-22, 05:44 PM
Ah, that's what the saves were for. I think we're waiting on 1-2 more PCs before it's the skeletons' turn, right?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-22, 07:10 PM
Yes that is correct.

Xyon
2013-08-23, 08:27 PM
Are we recruiting again or continuing for now with the 4? I think the 4 of us have acted?

distant quasar
2013-08-24, 12:19 PM
Are we recruiting again or continuing for now with the 4? I think the 4 of us have acted?

Yeah, we've all four gone.

J-H
2013-08-24, 01:20 PM
Failure roll for Psionic Grease [roll0] 91 or 92 (depending on what a tie means) or above = problems.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-24, 11:07 PM
I was not aware everyone went, I'm not going to recruit again.

J-H
2013-08-28, 08:17 PM
Do I read correctly that the skeleton that would have hit Pelleas failed its Grease save (rolled a 15 against DC 15)?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-29, 09:45 AM
I don't know what the book says, but I generally rule that the roller wins ties against a set DC.

J-H
2013-08-30, 07:25 AM
Can (magical/psionic) Grease be lit on fire?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-31, 11:38 AM
No I say that if supernatural forces conjured something they would have it fulfill it's primary goal so the grease is extra slippery and and less flammable. Also at this point few skeletons moved around the area of grease before it was cast a second time to fill the hall.

J-H
2013-08-31, 12:05 PM
In that case, they are amongst our front line, right?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-31, 02:52 PM
Yes and within reach of you and the non-tanks if they charge.

J-H
2013-08-31, 04:08 PM
Hmm.. could we get a map?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-08-31, 10:47 PM
I have no means of making a map that I can think of if you guys have a good site for that then I'm open to suggestions. Basically the hall is 20 ft. wide and you covered 10 ft. then some of the skeletons moved around it before you cast it the second time, but they are still attacking your front line so they don't provoke AoOs so Pelleas and Bernard will keep taking most of the hits untill they take a 5 ft. step or something.

J-H
2013-09-02, 08:21 AM
Any fallen skeletons have a -4 penalty to their AC - if you're melee, hit them while they're down.

J-H
2013-09-02, 10:12 PM
I have Blessed Bandages... auto-stabilize when I get to you.

How many skeletons are up and running at this point, and where are they?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-03, 12:00 PM
One is at the front line, one is a little closer to you fighting the drow, the last was recently killed while slipping in grease and charging away by Pelleas.

J-H
2013-09-03, 08:40 PM
Agias raises his crossbow and fires it at the skeleton fighting the drow.
Wrong thread. Missed anyway.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
crits [roll2] [roll3]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-12, 11:52 AM
I feel JustPlayItLoud is no longer with us so I will PM him.

JustPlayItLoud
2013-09-12, 12:05 PM
I have no idea what results my last action had, and now I'm not really even sure how many targets are left and where they are in relation to our positioning.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-12, 01:30 PM
We have a skeleton attacking your caster about 20 ft. away and a skeleton attacking your drow ally about 10 ft. away.

distant quasar
2013-09-12, 05:36 PM
We're having some poor rolls :smallsigh: Or at least I am.

J-H
2013-09-13, 06:35 PM
http://nowherecollective.net/2011/07/29/resources-for-making-ddrpg-maps/

Dungeonographer looks promising. Using Google Docs could work, too... just make a spreadsheet with the columns and rows the same size (so that it's a bunch of squares), fill in the walls as black, and then use letters for positions (S for Skeleton, P for Pelleas, etc).

Xyon
2013-09-17, 06:46 PM
I'm thinking bernard may seek cross class as a fighter to boost his combat prowess.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-19, 08:29 PM
As you can see in the IC I have listed the drow and enemy actions we are almost done with the fight as well.

J-H
2013-09-20, 06:22 PM
I'm still kind of confused about who's where. I know we have one on the ground, and I think 2 skeletons up? One attacking the drow, and the other 10'(?) from Agias. Not sure where anyone else is.

I think all the Grease has expired at this point.

distant quasar
2013-09-20, 09:05 PM
Same here, it's really hard for me to get a visual on this situation.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-21, 01:18 AM
I keep a paper map with everyones position I could take a while to describe it, I could take a while to work on visual, or I could finish this battle up in vague terms and make visuals for all future maps. I'm doing number 3 unless opposed.

Xyon
2013-09-21, 08:07 AM
Considering I don't really have anything to do as a character for a while, and if two of our three remaining characters are not sure whats going on, I would vote for you finishing the battle for us.

distant quasar
2013-09-21, 09:51 AM
I'll just aim my bow at the "nearest skeleton."

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-23, 11:10 AM
If I were to finish the battle then I'm estimating you would win and Bernard would be stabilized with Blessed Bandages.

J-H
2013-09-23, 10:15 PM
Agias' move speed is 20, although I guess he can run and still make it there to stabilize Bernard at the next round.

I'm fine with ending the battle as "And the last skeleton crumbled to bits, leaving a bloody and battered group behind, but all alive."

Xyon
2013-09-24, 09:23 AM
did I stabilize with the second roll i made? it was below 10%, if rolling below 10% is what it takes to automatically stabilize?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-26, 12:13 PM
Alright I guess blessed bandages are not used and the party can move you to safety until you wake, and then possibly use available magic healing.

J-H
2013-10-05, 08:28 PM
Heal checks don't restore HP unless you're doing long-term care (1 day). Otherwise, resting overnight just heals each of us 1 hp per hd.

Xyon
2013-10-07, 05:10 AM
resting a day with a heal check is 2 hp, is that what we're doing?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-11, 11:00 AM
It's up to you how long you want to rest, some of you have dwarf bread to last several days in the abandoned outpost.

J-H
2013-10-11, 03:42 PM
Magical healing should get us all the way back up, right?

Do I need to spend another PP in the morning to warm the place up?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-13, 02:13 PM
The cave should retain the heat for half a day so unless you want to wait another 8 hours for Bernard to get back healing spells then you should be fine.

Xyon
2013-10-14, 09:10 PM
Been meaning to post, being hammered by univercity, will try to post tomorrow, but I think I still have some spells left, and can still act(somewhat) while at 0hp?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-19, 06:04 PM
It's fine you can act and I'll let you heal yourself up and say that everyone else healed to full while you were out.

J-H
2013-10-19, 06:47 PM
Ok, so everyone's now healed to full. What time of day does that put us at?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-20, 03:03 PM
Early morning.

J-H
2013-12-18, 08:42 PM
So, Short Sword +1, +2 cold damage?
Nice.

Can anyone use it? Or is Agias going to carry it around and never use it?

Any help from the dwarves on identifying the vials?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-12-20, 01:51 AM
Oh ya I forgot. Two gives ice resistance, another has the effects of barkskin, and three have the effects of alter self and can transform someone into a bugbear.

J-H
2013-12-20, 09:38 AM
I show we had 5 vials... 2+1+3 = 6?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-12-20, 11:22 AM
I've decided to upgrade rewards with the fewer players at the moment I'll remember this more when I'm settled with my new job schedule and the holidays.

J-H
2013-12-30, 08:21 PM
Agias now has a melee attack bonus of +1 thanks to his magic sword. He's dubbed it "Icetouch."

J-H
2014-01-03, 12:09 PM
Is the squiggly line a river or the mountains?

Looks like the goblins are back the way we came (past the human village) but the dragon(s) are nearby.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-01-03, 03:20 PM
The line is the mountain, however the goblins are a bit farther east then the way you came because you came up from directly underneath the human village. Although the dragons are nearby the dwarven fortress is very well defended, and has to small an entrance for an adult dragon unlike the recent hobbit movie.

J-H
2014-01-03, 07:39 PM
So this is a side view, not a top view?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-01-04, 12:02 AM
Not exactly the map goes on to show more mountains, but there are no marked civilizations or roads and they seem to be more like estimations; however there is more map of the east and west that I will draw before becomes relevant, mostly there are more dwarf towns, but they are all on the south side of the first range of mountains.

J-H
2014-01-16, 05:07 PM
I still don't get the map.
Does everyone want to fast-forward to being cannon fodder valued auxiliary troops allies in battle for the dwarves tomorrow?

J-H
2014-01-18, 02:05 PM
Does everyone want to fast-forward to being cannon fodder valued auxiliary troops allies in battle for the dwarves tomorrow?

white text for post

distant quasar
2014-01-18, 04:04 PM
Works for me.

Xyon
2014-01-21, 12:02 AM
Woops, hadn't checked in a few days. It seemed like we were at a point where we were waiting for another fast forward, so its ok with me.

Xyon
2014-01-28, 09:26 AM
I was wondering if it would be ok for bernard to put fighter level 0 on his sheet at some point to cross class into fighter.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-02-04, 08:12 PM
Thats fine

J-H
2014-02-07, 12:37 PM
So
Day 1: fail, 3 points damage. Recover 2 hp resting
Day 2: fail, 3 points damage. Recover 2 hp resting
Day 3: pass, recover 2hp resting.
Day 4: pass
Day 5: pass
Day 6: fail, 3 points damage. Recover 2 hp resting.

Start encounter 1hp down, right? Or can I use Vigor (+5 temp HP) to soak the damage after eating?

How far away from the cave & fire are we?
What's the terrain like between us and them?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-02-07, 03:49 PM
You can't heal indigestion with temporary HP so you would be down 1.

Xyon
2014-02-10, 08:32 AM
What time of the day is it when we see the bonfire and goblins?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-02-10, 11:29 AM
The sun hs neerly set behind the mountains, but due to how far north you are itin only a little afternoon.

J-H
2014-02-10, 11:47 PM
How far away from the cave & fire are we?
What's the terrain like between us and them?

J-H
2014-02-12, 07:33 PM
Agias' move speed is 20ft due to encumbrance, and all of his useful powers currently have a range of 30' (25+5 per 2 levels). If the border of the hobgoblin camp is 60' away, he's too far away to do move+manifest in a single round... even without the uphill/ice issue.

We need a way to get closer without them raising the alarm.

Knowledge, geography [roll0]
Knowledge, local [roll1]

Would bugbears be in this area? Would they be friendly or neutral towards the goblins?

I have 3 potions of Alter Self To Bugbear...

Dr.Orpheus
2014-02-13, 01:26 AM
You are fairly sure a Bugbear would be welcomed (if not feared) by goblins, but are unsure how common they are in the area.

J-H
2014-02-13, 08:21 AM
Ok guys, who's got positive ranks in Bluff? Agias has -1 in the relevant skills.

Does anyone speak Goblin? It uses the dwarven alphabet, but Agias doesn't actually speak it.

Xyon
2014-02-14, 07:40 AM
Bernard as only learned common, and he has no ranks in bluff.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-02-14, 11:07 PM
I'm house ruling that you can make a int check to know a few words in a language you don't fully know, cause I like the creative approach.

J-H
2014-02-14, 11:22 PM
Int check [roll0] Agias at least knows several languages.

But not any goblin apparently.

Xyon
2014-02-21, 12:32 AM
Bernard does have the ability to cast 'comprehend language' but again this would allow him to understand what is being said, but not speak any words. Plus the limitation of having to touch the creature you want to understand.

J-H
2014-03-12, 08:43 AM
Who else is still here? I was waiting on more people to pitch in on who's going to infiltrate vs. charge uphill across the ice.

Xyon
2014-03-20, 05:37 AM
I'm still here, wasnt checking the OoC but was checking the in character thread.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-03-20, 11:01 AM
I figured you folks would post because the goblins would not attack while you use the disguise self potion.

J-H
2014-04-08, 10:55 PM
Well, that went better than expected. I figured we were just setting up for a fight. Push ahead and see what else we can get, with the non-altered group sneaking behind us?

Xyon
2014-04-13, 05:58 PM
Did the dice roller change at all?

[roll0]

Doesnt look like it, hehe

J-H
2014-04-17, 05:43 PM
If nobody else posts, I'm just going to say what we (as a group) do to keep this moving.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-20, 01:34 AM
You have permission to control the groups actions for all week or until they return and if they don't I'm afraid I will have to end the game.

J-H
2014-04-20, 10:54 AM
I just PM'd Xyon, PlayItLoud, and distant Quasar. Hopefully they just lost track of things during the forum downtime.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-21, 10:50 AM
I have a plan that if not many of the others rejoin then you can join another campaign I'm running and use the same character and fluff. You have the opportunity to join as soon as they reach a mountain town which they will after one encounter. If so I will give you a chance to make a whole new character or keep your current one.

Xyon
2014-04-24, 11:27 AM
You can control Bernard as we do the bugbear stuff.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-04-24, 03:44 PM
I guess we can continue I'll have you follow until combat or something else interesting starts then PM you.

Xyon
2014-05-01, 11:21 PM
Ok so my finals are over, I have more free time now.

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-02, 12:30 AM
Nothing happened I also have another campaign you can join keeping your same character.

Xyon
2014-05-03, 07:30 AM
that would be nice, seems this one has become a lost cause

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-03, 12:09 PM
Here is the other game for you to join.

IC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?326806-Heroes-of-Jesnitia-IC-Thread
OoC thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?326565-Heroes-of-Jesnitia

J-H
2014-05-03, 08:52 PM
15 pages of posts. Are you going to intro us to the party somehow?

Xyon
2014-05-05, 10:49 AM
Sweet, I'll catch up on what they've been doing.

J-H
2014-05-21, 12:45 PM
So are we transitioning into the other game?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-21, 01:34 PM
I was going to have you join them in the town they are currently leaving, basically the only fluff adjustments are that you left the drow and went to a help dwarves even farther to the west then the ones you already met and are being paid a sizable nugget of gold for escorting them along the last leg of there trade mission.

J-H
2014-05-21, 02:34 PM
Ok. When should we join/start posting?

Dr.Orpheus
2014-05-22, 10:08 AM
You can start now the IC thread of this other game the dwarves just told the other players they hired two new guards (You & Xyon).