PDA

View Full Version : All players in my game stay out

dantiesilva
2012-12-13, 01:49 PM
So I am making a character of a hopefully reoccurring villain. He is a worshiper of Neural, though he has no cleric levels. My question is how would you build him? I was thinking Necromancer variant 1/Human paragon 3 and did not know where to go from there. On the one hand if I do not take more levels in necromancer my skeleton dose not become stronger, but I am afraid I am being to narrow minded. The end level will be 10-11 not sure wich yet and so far base stats are
Str 11
Dex 15
Con 10
Int 18
Wis 15
Cha 15

He will be a lich once the build is complete that is why I left con so low. And if anyone has suggestion for spells to use that would be great as well thank you in advance.

Morph Bark
2012-12-13, 01:54 PM
Is Neural the god of brains? Or do you mean Nerull?

If you have access to Heroes of Horror you could have him be a Dread Necromancer all the way. They even turn into liches at level 20.

docnessuno
2012-12-13, 01:57 PM
Taking the initial level as assumed, the most natural follow up i can think of is:

Beguiller 1
Ultimate magus 10

With praticed spellcaster (beguiller), you will end up with level 13 (cl 16) wizard casting and level 8 (cl 15) beguiller casting.

Otherwise plain and simple dread necromancer X works wonders.

dantiesilva
2012-12-13, 02:08 PM
I was hoping to go another route as his boss is a DN, though I agree all the way that it is normally the way to go.Would shadow adept be worth it? An additional +1 to some of my skills an a additional -1 to others for caster level which are easily fixed with practiced spellcaster? So far I have lost 1 from a trait to gain +1 to necromancy spells. Lost an additional one from human paragon level 1, this would be a total of -3 to certain schools of magic while +3 to others for a grand total of at the very least +1 to spells.

Morph Bark
2012-12-13, 02:40 PM
You could make him a Sorcerer/Cleric/Mystic Theurge, using Sanctum Spell (or another early-entry method) to qualify early, so you only have to go Sorcerer 1/Cleric 2/Mystic Theurge X.