PDA

View Full Version : What would mystic ranger look like in pathfinder?

Spuddles
2012-12-13, 07:00 PM
I have a little bit too much love for Dragon Magazines very own lightning warrior, and was wondering what a PF version of it would look like. Virtually the same, but with terrain mastery pushed back a level?

Coidzor
2012-12-13, 07:02 PM
I have a little bit too much love for Dragon Magazines very own lightning warrior, and was wondering what a PF version of it would look like. Virtually the same, but with terrain mastery pushed back a level?

It'd probably look like the bard and ranger classes had offspring. Or possibly bard, ranger, and druid. Or a magus-bard hybrid with nature themes.

What I'm getting at is that there's no way they'd let it have full BAB and they'd likely bring it in line to have 2/3 casting with the existing template for something that's not a full caster which druid covers and not a half-caster like a ranger or paladin.

Psyren
2012-12-13, 07:17 PM
Rather than Ranger, they'd probably start with an existing 2/3 caster (Bard or Inquisitor) and give it an archetype with a nature-y feel. Probably the Inquisitor since it already has the whole "hunting people" schtick that Rangers do, and simply fade out some of the more overtly cleric-y stuff in favor of druid-y stuff.

I could see them dropping, say, the judgement and domain abilities to give you an animal companion and favored enemy instead, for instance. Then play up the whole Teamwork feats angle the class has, since now you have a bestial flanking buddy you can do them with.

Spuddles
2012-12-13, 09:07 PM
Man none of that sounds like a lightening warrior :(

Coidzor
2012-12-13, 09:13 PM

They're at least theoretically trying some measure of consistency, aren't they? :smalltongue:

Rather than Ranger, they'd probably start with an existing 2/3 caster (Bard or Inquisitor) and give it an archetype with a nature-y feel. Probably the Inquisitor since it already has the whole "hunting people" schtick that Rangers do, and simply fade out some of the more overtly cleric-y stuff in favor of druid-y stuff.

I could see them dropping, say, the judgement and domain abilities to give you an animal companion and favored enemy instead, for instance. Then play up the whole Teamwork feats angle the class has, since now you have a bestial flanking buddy you can do them with.

Yeah, I forgot about the Inquisitor, an archetype for them would pretty much sum it up perfectly, yeah.

Psyren
2012-12-14, 01:12 AM

You need SotAO + Mystic Ranger to get Lightning Warrior. (For 10 levels anyway.)

Spuddles
2012-12-14, 01:19 AM
You need SotAO + Mystic Ranger to get Lightning Warrior. (For 10 levels anyway.)

Psyren, you know a lot about PF. If you had access to all PF+3.5 (and u-uupdated 3e) for a level 1 to who knows what level undead centered campaign, and character ADD, what would you build? I want a character that can wear a different hat each session- hit some things, cast some spells, use some skills.

For the sake of 3.5 -> PF, just assume standard PF conversion for broke spells, etc.

Coidzar too, whatcha think.

Also if I was comin straight out of Compton, but Compton was in the pathfinder world, where would it be?