PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Gift Shopping

Hallavast
2012-12-13, 09:40 PM
Holiday season is here, and if you're like me, you have no clue what to get for certain people. So maybe the playground could pool its gift ideas for the folks out there like me who are struggling to come up with ideas for friends and family.

Some common people to shop for include spouses/lovers/partners etc, parents, children, siblings, friends, other family members and so on. The purpose for this is to share ideas rather than advertise specific products. So keeping the ideas general instead of brand-specific is probably a good idea.

So we need two things in this thread:

1. Some ideas you have for people already. For example:
-My friends play collectible card games. Booster packs, deck boxes, game accessories and the like make nice gifts for them and can be tailored to fit any budget.
-My older brother and his girlfriend like to throw house parties. Booze is a great gift for the winter.

2. Some Ideas that you need from other posters. For example:
- My parents. They're 50ish, don't drink much and aren't gamers. I'm lost.
- My younger brother and his girlfriend. They moved across town recently, and I don't see them very often any more.

Happy Holidays.

Edit: ... and crap. Somebody made a gift thread already a week ago...

SaintRidley
2012-12-13, 10:10 PM
The one I think is pretty cool is what I got my dad -

http://www.coinlink.com/CoinGuide/images/comm_colexpo.jpg

That's not a picture of the actual coin, but the toning is close enough. I think he'll like it.