PDA

View Full Version : Apostal of peace and The Paragnostic Apostle

AthasianWarlock
2012-12-13, 11:50 PM
If I am a level 6 monk level 10 apostle of peace and I take a level of Paragnostic Apostle what spells will I get?

eggs
2012-12-13, 11:55 PM
Neither Monk nor Paragnostic Apostle expand a caster's spell list, so just the normal Apostle of Peace spells.

AthasianWarlock
2012-12-13, 11:59 PM
Neither Monk nor Paragnostic Apostle expand a caster's spell list, so just the normal Apostle of Peace spells.

Paragnostic Apostle "At each level, you gain new spells per day
and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable)
as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which
you belonged before adding the prestige class level" p95 Complete champion. The issue is Apostle of peace only progesses to level 10. So is there a way to expand the spell list or do I just not gain spells?

Namfuak
2012-12-14, 12:08 AM
Paragnostic Apostle "At each level, you gain new spells per day
and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable)
as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which
you belonged before adding the prestige class level" p95 Complete champion. The issue is Apostle of peace only progesses to level 10. So is there a way to expand the spell list or do I just not gain spells?

Funny enough, I have this exact same question but with psionics. I hope someone has an answer.

eggs
2012-12-14, 12:19 AM
Gaining levels past the pre-epic cap (10 or 20 or whatever) doesn't add any spells known or spells per day. Caster level does go up, though.

AthasianWarlock
2012-12-14, 12:20 AM
I remember I saw rules for expanded prestige classes somewhere a long time ago, that seems like it would solve the problem. The apostle of peace spell casting progression is unique though. I can't simply add as the class does because its caps at 9th level (as a 16th level character no less...). Maybe I gain another 9th level spell at each level afterwards until level 20 where you assume epic rules?

eggs
2012-12-14, 12:24 AM
Maybe I gain another 9th level spell at each level afterwards until level 20 where you assume epic rules?
There's no rule allowing a character to get that, any more than there's a rule to allow a Rogue/Renegade Mastermaker to gain a level 9 spell each level. Level 10 is just as far as AoP advancement goes.

nedz
2012-12-14, 12:50 AM
There's no rule allowing a character to get that, any more than there's a rule to allow a Rogue/Renegade Mastermaker to gain a level 9 spell each level. Level 10 is just as far as AoP advancement goes.

this

Apostle of Peace 5/Paragnostic Apostle 5 would net you Apostle of Peace 10 spell casting, but Apostle of Peace spellcasting stops at level 10 so there is no further progression.

There are a few classes, such as Dragon Disciple, which can get you bonus spells.

AthasianWarlock
2012-12-14, 01:05 AM
So monk 6/ apostle of peace 10/ paragnostic apostle 4 has only 10 levels of spells?

nedz
2012-12-14, 07:25 AM
So monk 6/ apostle of peace 10/ paragnostic apostle 4 has only 10 levels of spells?

Yes